**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

6-Star Release Discussion Thread

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,192 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    Acanthus wrote: »
    GreenElf21 wrote: »
    Why did you guys decide to make adrenaline only 30% of the damage taken?

Off the top of my head, I wouldn't be surprised if the 30% number was simply someone looking at the 5* SP3 mechanic which allows the player to either increase damage output or decrease damage taken by 10% or 20% and made the 6* champions capable of recovering up to 30% of the damage dealt not for any mathy reason but just because it seemed a reasonable starting point, and testing showed that number was not too high or too low.

This part seemed more noteworthy to me:
    Adrenaline also does not interact with Masteries, Buffs, etc, so it is not affected by effects like Heal Block, but does interact with Regeneration. Any Health you Regenerate will consume Adrenaline.

That does seem to imply that champions with healing will benefit much less from the 6* special mechanic. I'm not sure why that should be the case.
    LilJoh wrote: »
    Everyone that has enough shards to get a 6 star character has worked really hard on difficult content to have the resources to get one. I feel like it would make sense to award these players with a definite chance to pull a decent champ. It wouldn’t take much other than removing champs that would be largely useless to pull without the ability to dupe in the foreseeable future
    Juggernaut
    Blackbolt
    King groot
    Kingpin
    It would be a real shame to pull any of these champs and anyone that is able to get a 6* champion by Jan 31st should be rewarded without the risk of being punished.

And Rocket! I think only Kamala Khan is more hated...

What's with the Rocket hate? He's not god tier but he's far from most hated.

Venom's S2 can hit in the same ballpark as Rocket's at times, plus he has a bleed. More importantly, Venom can take more than 3 hits without dying. I fully agree that Venom needs some work; perhaps a buff steal could be interesting?

Ultimately Rocket does not belong in the 6* initial offering. Nor does Karnak or Black Bolt.
    In terms of L2 Damage, Venom is not comparable to Rocket. Further to that, Rocket is one of the few Champs that was relatively unchanged by 12.0, and as far as Damage goes, he's pretty strong. He's squishy, but he's a little slugger. Venom isn't as strong with L2's and L3's.

That's false, rocket got dumpstered by diminishing returns in 12.0. He would crit on all hits after a combo of 25+ pre 12.0. Now you get plenty of non-crits no matter the combo.

DR affects all Champs. The Sig was not affected. I said relatively. Rocket wasn't dumpstered. I've been using him for some time now.

Actually, Rocket's signature ability was affected by DR, because Rocket's signature ability originally increased critical rating which is now affected by DR. Rocket originally stacked ~35% increased critical chance per 10 combo, he now stacks ~1500 critical rating as a flat stat, which levels off rapidly around the 70%-ish mark.

I'm going on memory, and I admit 12.0 was a while ago. There was an aspect of Rocket that was specifically mentioned as not being affected, SL being another that wasn't changed. Can't remember what, and the Forum no longer exists. In any case, I haven't noticed huge differences in him since then and I wouldn't say he's trashed.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,554 Guardian
    I'm going on memory, and I admit 12.0 was a while ago. There was an aspect of Rocket that was specifically mentioned as not being affected, SL being another that wasn't changed. Can't remember what, and the Forum no longer exists. In any case, I haven't noticed huge differences in him since then and I wouldn't say he's trashed.

My recollection was that Rocket and SL were specifically compared together, because in 11.X they were very rough analogs to each other. Rocket increased crit chance with combo, Starlord increased attack with combo. But Starlord was stronger, because crit chance can obviously only go as high as 100% whereas Starlord's attack can theoretically increase without limit (barring caps in the signature ability). In 12.0, it was asked by some players why Rocket's signature ability was affected by DR when Starlord's was not. The technical answer is because Rocket's sig affects a flat stat while Starlord's affects something that is not a flat stat affected by DR. That of course doesn't really answer the heart of the question, but that was the only answer forthcoming.

I'm 99% certain that Rocket's signature ability only increased critical chance.
  • JasonMBryantJasonMBryant Posts: 301 ★★
    @Kabam Miike Can you tell us if there is any word coming on arena changes? It seems like 6*s should come with a 5* arena. Has there been any discussion about when we might here some news about that?

Off the top of my head, I wouldn't be surprised if the 30% number was simply someone looking at the 5* SP3 mechanic which allows the player to either increase damage output or decrease damage taken by 10% or 20% and made the 6* champions capable of recovering up to 30% of the damage dealt not for any mathy reason but just because it seemed a reasonable starting point, and testing showed that number was not too high or too low.

Adrenaline also does not interact with Masteries, Buffs, etc, so it is not affected by effects like Heal Block, but does interact with Regeneration. Any Health you Regenerate will consume Adrenaline.

That does seem to imply that champions with healing will benefit much less from the 6* special mechanic. I'm not sure why that should be the case.
    Everyone that has enough shards to get a 6 star character has worked really hard on difficult content to have the resources to get one. I feel like it would make sense to award these players with a definite chance to pull a decent champ. It wouldn’t take much other than removing champs that would be largely useless to pull without the ability to dupe in the foreseeable future
    Juggernaut
    Blackbolt
    King groot
    Kingpin
    It would be a real shame to pull any of these champs and anyone that is able to get a 6* champion by Jan 31st should be rewarded without the risk of being punished.

Venom's S2 can hit in the same ballpark as Rocket's at times, plus he has a bleed. More importantly, Venom can take more than 3 hits without dying. I fully agree that Venom needs some work; perhaps a buff steal could be interesting?

Ultimately Rocket does not belong in the 6* initial offering. Nor does Karnak or Black Bolt.
    In terms of L2 Damage, Venom is not comparable to Rocket. Further to that, Rocket is one of the few Champs that was relatively unchanged by 12.0, and as far as Damage goes, he's pretty strong. He's squishy, but he's a little slugger. Venom isn't as strong with L2's and L3's.

That's false, rocket got dumpstered by diminishing returns in 12.0. He would crit on all hits after a combo of 25+ pre 12.0. Now you get plenty of non-crits no matter the combo.

DR affects all Champs. The Sig was not affected. I said relatively. Rocket wasn't dumpstered. I've been using him for some time now.

Actually, Rocket's signature ability was affected by DR, because Rocket's signature ability originally increased critical rating which is now affected by DR. Rocket originally stacked ~35% increased critical chance per 10 combo, he now stacks ~1500 critical rating as a flat stat, which levels off rapidly around the 70%-ish mark.

Apparently some people haven't figured out that spamming Flags no longer has an effect. Lol.
  • I’m sure Kabam will have access to all kinds of data so it would be interesting to see how many people open their 6* crystal when they become available.

Almost everyone in my alliance seem to be under the impression that it’s better to wait for either a featured crystal or more champs to be added.
  • HellcatHellcat Posts: 34
    @Kabam Miike @Kabam Wolf can you guys confirm if the 6*s shown on test account have any masteries or is that PI with them?
    I’m sure Kabam will have access to all kinds of data so it would be interesting to see how many people open their 6* crystal when they become available.

Almost everyone in my alliance seem to be under the impression that it’s better to wait for either a featured crystal or more champs to be added.

It's hard to say, but I'm willing to bet a good number of people will open them just to have 6*s.
  • VavasourVavasour Posts: 258
    edited January 2018
    I can tell you our officers and most of our alliance have vowed not to open our 6 Star crystals. Some of us have 30k plus shards.

I would imagine that most top players would agree, most of these champs need to be duped. What’s left is terrible... imagine getting that Deadpool. Devastating.

From our view, Angela is the only truly desireable champ of the lot.

We’re holding out hope that the feature crystal has better odds of success. Frankly, they rival 5 Stars at max ranking available but take far more resources... so there is certainly no rush.

Max 5 Star Blade can tide me over until the situation improves.

@Kabam Miike
  • Hulk_77Hulk_77 Posts: 782 ★★★
    Will we get information about the 6* featured crystal BEFORE the 6* basic crystal releases?
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    I’m sure Kabam will have access to all kinds of data so it would be interesting to see how many people open their 6* crystal when they become available.

It's hard to say, but I'm willing to bet a good number of people will open them just to have 6*s.

Are you opening your 6* champ right on Jan 31?

NOPE!
  • I’m sure Kabam will have access to all kinds of data so it would be interesting to see how many people open their 6* crystal when they become available.

He’s probably 9.8k shards away from
    Opening his first 6*
    I have 14,985 of 6 star shards.

Uncollected exploration for events will give you enough shards to pop a 6 star every 4 months.
    So you're trying to tell me that people will sit on Shards until a Featured is added, Lord knows when, while others are going to be rolling and playing 6*s? Not convinced of that one. Lol. People are a little too competitive in this game for that.
  • So you're trying to tell me that people will sit on Shards until a Featured is added, Lord knows when, while others are going to be rolling and playing 6*s? Not convinced of that one. Lol. People are a little too competitive in this game for that.
    That’s exactly what we are trying to tell you lol. If people want to open a 6 star crystal that’s their decision, but as many people have stated before, a good amount of people will be waiting for better champs to be added or a featured 6 star crystal. I don’t care who is opening 6 star crystals because someone running around with a 6 star jane foster doesn’t really scare me.
  • BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,259 ★★★★★
    Better to get in before the pool gets huge like the basic pool if duping a champ is the goal. No sense waiting around at a competitive disadvantage. All the “trash” champs will still have value as a blunt instrument at peak rank 1.
    Some might wait, but I'm willing to bet the majority will open at least one or two. I don't see people waiting months and months for a better pool while others are putting them into their rotation.
    To be perfectly frank, just because they're not "God Tier" doesn't mean the list is garbage. Having a 6* of any type is useful. I could make use of any Champ on that list, but a few that stand out are Storm, WW2, Loki, Yondu, Angela, Nebs, GG, YJ, RR, WS.....not to mention the buffs taking place for Rulk and LC. People are too picky sometimes. Lol
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    So you're trying to tell me that people will sit on Shards until a Featured is added, Lord knows when, while others are going to be rolling and playing 6*s? Not convinced of that one. Lol. People are a little too competitive in this game for that.
    That’s exactly what we are trying to tell you lol. If people want to open a 6 star crystal that’s their decision, but as many people have stated before, a good amount of people will be waiting for better champs to be added or a featured 6 star crystal. I don’t care who is opening 6 star crystals because someone running around with a 6 star jane foster doesn’t really scare me.

That’s a joke..granted some people will say they will wait. Except what about all those people in top alliances playing that prestige game popping open 6* duping or not then ranking them and taking over in prestige?
    There are plenty of people that opened and ranked up 5* back in the day just for prestige. How will this be any different?
  • BadroseBadrose Posts: 777 ★★★
    I'll wait...
  • Winner12344321Winner12344321 Posts: 25
    edited January 2018
    Jaded wrote: »

That’s a joke..granted some people will say they will wait. Except what about all those people in top alliances playing that prestige game popping open 6* duping or not then ranking them and taking over in prestige?
    There are plenty of people that opened and ranked up 5* back in the day just for prestige. How will this be any different?

A 5 star at rank 5 will be more powerful and should still have better prestige. I can’t imagine the 6 stars in the pool that have horrible prestige as their 4/5 star version will have even decent prestige as a 6 star. Also, the top alliances that are going for high prestige might open 6 star crystals, but they already have 6+ 5 stars at rank 4 sig 200. An unduped 6 star would have lower prestige. And yes, theoretically they could dupe a 6 star, but the chances are extremely low and they couldn’t raise their sig levels without actually duping them again. Maybe i’m wrong. I guess we will have to wait and see.

• RapRap Posts: 3,193 ★★★★
    Ranking resources are already an issue and it looked during the end of '17, with the appreciation and the Christmas events, like they may have finally gotten it. Sadly though it seems not. We are back at "status quo" same **** drops same challenges getting the goods to rank higher level champs. Now there are millions and millions of us with a zero chance to dupe 5s and they are cramming shards for them down our throats and skipping over the 4s who we might dupe, to hand out a bunch of **** champs that the bulk of us wont be able go dupe for most of a year or more. So our rosters grow but our champs don't...got people at the top already sitting on shards for 6s and many of us have 0...So forgive me if I say that quite frankly and truthful, I couldn't give a rats tail end about 6s. I haven't gotten to experience the joy of a ranked 4 star squad or even a level 2 5 yet so 6s are just pie in the sky for me and I am (and I am sure others as are as well) already (and almost always anymore) on the brink of quitting and significant opportunities to aquire t4cc haven't materialized and nothing has substantially changed yet...and starting to loose interest in grinding and grinding for shards...takes 4 arenas to build a 4...one 4 a week isn't gonna get me to many 5s and the longer it takes me to build a roster that is competitive with guys fighting armies of 5/50 s and ranked 5 stars...well...it really wont take me much longer to decide it was a mistake to play this game and that I have as wasted the better part of 3 years...and hours and hours I can never get back.
  • RapRap Posts: 3,193 ★★★★
    By this time next year the majority of us won't even be close to getting 6s so...(history always repeats here) next year during appreciation week they will help us all out and give us shards for 6s...not enough for a complete crystal...just enough so we can sit and stare at them for months and months until by some dump lick, and dispite kabams manipulation of drops, we will crack open a shiny new 6 star iron patriot or a Jane Foster that we won't use or dupe for another two years...that is there long range plans...to grind us all to death!
  • DOKTOROKTOPUSDOKTOROKTOPUS Posts: 1,501 ★★★
    why no venom and hawkeye, they are there LOL

• AlCapone2727AlCapone2727 Posts: 428 ★★
    I hope these 6*s are Kabam buff list
  • G-Hun-GearG-Hun-Gear Posts: 1,323 ★★★★
    edited January 2018

Juggernaut
    Blackbolt
    King groot
    Kingpin

I can help help you out on your memory: I am 100% certain they confirmed that even after 12.0 Rocket can reach 100% crit rate, if you keep your combo. The argument was going something like this:

“With diminishing returns, crit rate can be increased to a decent level for every champion with synergies and masteries. However, it won’t be possible to bring the crit rate of a specific champion to an INSANE level, like it was possible before. With certain exceptions: rocket for example can still reach 100% crit chance, since this is specifically his signature ability and has nothing to do with masteries and synergies.”

They didn’t say that about Electro though... I guess it is because electro has a Cap: When both power bars are full, there is no further increase in crit rate, whereas rocket can go on and on with his combo...

Well, we all know what happened to Rocket... DR practically nullified his sig ability, it caps out at the same level, every other crit-rate does... as far as I know, the max crit-chance is somewhere around 85%...

EDIT:
    I have to take back parts of that...

Ok, thanks to DR, Rocket can only go up to about 85% crit-rate, instead of 100%.

Other than my statement above, this is still better than any other champ. The Hughes Crit-Rate possible (to my knowledge) is 2.103 points, with Star Lord, Drax, triple Nebula...

Nebula has a base crit chance of 703.
    Greater precision: 425
    Precision: 125
    3x2 precision synergies: 850
    Totals out at 2.103

According to some DR-Spreadsheets making the rounds, 2.103 equals to about 50% crit chance (assuming you face a 4* 5/50 with a challenger rating of 100)

(Source: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1t10zVx4zvPsGVj1y1WQYy7HXQvYNpAwM9jZ2GkQeAJM/htmlview)

So yes, Rocket was severely struck by 12.0 / DR. But he still has the highest crit-rate in game, by far...
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

Again, you are talking about things you do not understand because you aren't there yet. To have 10k+ 6* shards right now a player would have either have had to duped 30+ 5* champs or 100% completed act 5, both uncollected events and dupe 10+ 5*s. If you have done either of those things you would know that about 90% of the current 6* pool is completely worthless to your roster unawakened at 1/25.

I'm sure to players without any r4 5* champs the thought of a shiny new 6* seems like the best thing in the world but in reality the current pool is worthless to end game players.

To be absolutely fair to GW, I wouldn’t need 10k shards to decide whether a list of 24 champs are trash. And if I didn’t have 10k shards then I would still be able to think about whether I will open a crystal when I do get the 10k shards. I don’t agree with gw on almost every single point he makes, but here all he needs to do is think about the pool. The ability to think about the pool is not determined by number of 6* shards.