**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

6-Star Release Discussion Thread

Comments

• Options
    BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,281 ★★★★★
    I wonder how the conversation (read whining) would be if the crystal was stacked top to bottom with god tier studs. Would people complain about the chance to get the worst of the studs or whine about the unfairness of higher tiered competitors that they’ll never see or face in game getting better champs than them?
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,660 Guardian
    Why did you guys decide to make adrenaline only 30% of the damage taken?

Off the top of my head, I wouldn't be surprised if the 30% number was simply someone looking at the 5* SP3 mechanic which allows the player to either increase damage output or decrease damage taken by 10% or 20% and made the 6* champions capable of recovering up to 30% of the damage dealt not for any mathy reason but just because it seemed a reasonable starting point, and testing showed that number was not too high or too low.

This part seemed more noteworthy to me:
    Adrenaline also does not interact with Masteries, Buffs, etc, so it is not affected by effects like Heal Block, but does interact with Regeneration. Any Health you Regenerate will consume Adrenaline.

That does seem to imply that champions with healing will benefit much less from the 6* special mechanic. I'm not sure why that should be the case.
  • Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    GreenElf21 wrote: »
    Updated with Picture!
    C'Mon Miike... Can you address what I pointed out earlier about Venom missing from this list?

ayn84uha2vs2.png

We don’t want Venom!

But you want ROCKET?!?!?!?! Seriously which would you take???

I'd much rather have a duped 6* Rocket than Venom. Rocket hits like a truck and has a fantastic L2. Who uses Venom?
  • Options
    SpiritOfVengeanceSpiritOfVengeance Posts: 2,353 ★★★★
    edited January 2018
    @LeNoirFaineant

Exactly who uses venom? Sure he is fast but that is it he needs a buff ASAP. Then you have people wanting carnage to get buffed and they forget that venom also needs it.
  • Options
    I wonder how the conversation (read whining) would be if the crystal was stacked top to bottom with god tier studs. Would people complain about the chance to get the worst of the studs or whine about the unfairness of higher tiered competitors that they’ll never see or face in game getting better champs than them?

Although it might seem that way after the community’s reaction to basically everything, i do think that everyone would be happy. End game content would be more accessible to a wider game base and a lot of complaints would be resolved. And yeah it would be slightly unfair for players who aren’t at the level of getting a 6 star crystal, but their is always going to be a percentage of the game base that has an unfair advantage on other players. Idk even if they put in like 10 really good characters 5 good characters and then have the rest be somewhat useful i think there would be a more positive reaction.
  • Options

Although it might seem that way after the community’s reaction to basically everything, i do think that everyone would be happy. End game content would be more accessible to a wider game base and a lot of complaints would be resolved. And yeah it would be slightly unfair for players who aren’t at the level of getting a 6 star crystal, but their is always going to be a percentage of the game base that has an unfair advantage on other players. Idk even if they put in like 10 really good characters 5 good characters and then have the rest be somewhat useful i think there would be a more positive reaction.
  • Options

There* not their my bad 😂
  • Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★

Everyone would be happy? That just isn't possible lol
  • Options
    I’m excited for this announcement, don’t get me wrong. I do, however, wish there was more communication between the developers and players and the community had a bigger say in stuff like this. I do think it would be beneficial for us to have a poll on who is added to the first pool, even if we can only decide a limited amount of champions. I believe the myriad of complaints would be resolved and the community would be more excited about new content like this. I’m not trying to sound like i’m complaining, just throwing out some constructive criticism out there.
  • Options
    KnightarthusKnightarthus Posts: 419 ★★★
    We had a thread going about the top 2 champions we would like to see in the first batch. None of them made it. At least they put Angela who is great straight out of the box.
  • Options

Although it might seem that way after the community’s reaction to basically everything, i do think that everyone would be happy.

You're not from around here, are you.

• Options
    Stara99Stara99 Posts: 425 ★★
    edited January 2018
    Will 6* be usable in arena? @Kabam Miike
  • Options
    Jman2182Jman2182 Posts: 101
    Why are most of the champs in the 6 star pool either garbage, meh or good, no god tier champs like blade, stark spidey, or evem SL and Magik
  • Options
    DNA3000 wrote: »

Although it might seem that way after the community’s reaction to basically everything, i do think that everyone would be happy.

Lol. I know that people will complain always, so let me clarify. When i say everybody i mean majority of the top tier players (end game content players). I do think it would also give some lower level players something to look forward to. There’s always going to be a negative person in the bunch, but the majority of the players should be satisfied with having champions that would be useful in future content like continuations of RoL and LoL and act 6.
  • Options
    MattScottMattScott Posts: 587 ★★
    edited January 2018

These are far from the worst choices. Do you remember the initial 5-Star pool? This is streets ahead of that, and over time, that pool became larger and larger, and included more and more Champions that players really wanted to see.

Seriously? 5* crystal origjnally had Spider-Man, iron man, captain marvel, and of course a still then god tier Starlord.
    I think any sane person would take any one of those 4 over anyone in this crystal besides Angela and yondu.
    So 2/28 just being okay is LEAPS AND BOUNDS ABOVE 4/12 with one of those being god tier?

I would love to hear a REALISTIC breakdown of your logic
    Post edited by Kabam Sophia on
  • Options
    Jh_DezJh_Dez Posts: 1,306 ★★★
    I worked my ass off to get 6* shards and now the champ list is so bad I wanna quit
    Wasn't expecting god tier champs but at least hoping for good ones
    Most of these champions require their duplicates again that sucks
    At least make the crystal contain 12 champs out of the 24 that we vote for
    Cuz the way I see it, I don't feel at all rewarded for the effort and time I've put in gathering the shards (this is probably the same for most)
  • Options
    Sofian_zSofian_z Posts: 11
    Jh_Dez wrote: »
    I worked my ass off to get 6* shards and now the champ list is so bad I wanna quit
    Wasn't expecting god tier champs but at least hoping for good ones
    Most of these champions require their duplicates again that sucks
    At least make the crystal contain 12 champs out of the 24 that we vote for
    Cuz the way I see it, I don't feel at all rewarded for the effort and time I've put in gathering the shards (this is probably the same for most)

I totally understand that logic and i agree with you 100%. We had to earn our 6* shards by beating Uncollected 100% (which isn't the easiest thing to do LOL) and to beat Act 5 100% (also not easy what so ever by any means and very costly even if you have a full god tier team)

@Kabam Miike Please use the community choices or at least please change some of the characters to make us happy. A lot of people like myself don't feel like it was worth all this effort to receive okay characters at best. I am not asking for God Tier Champions but would like to see a better pool that is worth the shards that we earned.

Sincerely,
    Vergil027
  • Options
    how would dd s sig work. I mean, what difference is, say, 110% evasion of projectiles going to do
  • Options
    DNA3000 wrote: »

Lol. I know that people will complain always, so let me clarify. When i say everybody i mean majority of the top tier players (end game content players). I do think it would also give some lower level players something to look forward to. There’s always going to be a negative person in the bunch, but the majority of the players should be satisfied with having champions that would be useful in future content like continuations of RoL and LoL and act 6.

When 6* champions were first announced, one of the complaints lodged was that the very existence of 6* champions was something the top tier players didn't want because on the assumption that they were more powerful than 5* champions those 6* champions would in effect reduce the value of the 5* rosters they had spend a lot of time and money building up. Even at the top tier of players, there are players that welcome having a new thing to pursue and a contingent of players that do not want a new tier of champions to be introduced that is far more powerful than their current rosters.

Unanimity in the community is generally an illusion: at best you can get the illusion of agreement when most of the members of the opposite side simply choose not to publicly state that position. In this case I would not bet money on which side was in the majority.
  • Options
    Madman_marvinMadman_marvin Posts: 648 ★★★★
    These champs aren’t the greatest. It’s true. I get the thinking behind it though. Releasing god tier or demigod tier when 6*s first come out can unbalance the game. Saying that, we could have at least gotten X23 or something along those lines. I’m most disappointed that we only get a “near future” timeline for the featured crystal. Considering the rarity of these shards, I believe that is a disservice to he players.
  • Options
    phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,682 ★★★★★
    edited January 2018
    Probably not going to be a 6*:

DV
    Magik
    SL
    Blade
    Spark
    AA

etc etc.

Easiest way to buff bad champs is increase stats, even easier to mute the gods by not including them in the next tier. Everyone got used to the term "unbalanced" to explain the lack of certain champs in the 5* pool, the current gods in the 5* will be next.

There will never be another v12.0, higher stat base pool at the top level, lack of inclusion and added fluff will do the job without changing your current roster in any way that might attract complaints or compensation.
  • Options
    HSenpaiHSenpai Posts: 92
    Even at r3 I wouldn’t use any of these champs over my r4 5*s. The list is joke/insult/troll... why even bother. Guess I’ll be sitting on 6* shards till 2019. Maybe by then they will have added some usable champs to the pool...
  • Options
    Zakonn1Zakonn1 Posts: 30
    Don't forget Luke Cage and Red Hulk's rework/buff is going to be released 17.0
  • Options
    JaffacakedJaffacaked Posts: 1,415 ★★★★
    These champs aren’t the greatest. It’s true. I get the thinking behind it though. Releasing god tier or demigod tier when 6*s first come out can unbalance the game. Saying that, we could have at least gotten X23 or something along those lines. I’m most disappointed that we only get a “near future” timeline for the featured crystal. Considering the rarity of these shards, I believe that is a disservice to he players.

Even when better champs are added you'll still most likely pull one of the crappy first batch unfortunately
  • Options
    trey92008trey92008 Posts: 101
    Damn, the champs selected for this initial release are seriously disturbing. I’m almost at 600k with 37 5*. Finished LOL & all of the story mode. The anticipation of ranking up a QUALITY 6* was keeping me interested. Bad move.. I mean seriously, there was a meeting and THIS was the outcome?!? Lmao
  • Options
    GriffoplayGriffoplay Posts: 269
    @Kabam Miike how will the new adrenaline work with luke cage if he is duped? it states that once you get hit the first time you have a chance to gain health back but luke cage. that's kinda pointless with a duped luke cage

It's based on Damage taken, so if you don't take damage, you don't gain Adrenaline. But Adrenaline is not only for the first hits you take in a fight, it's for every hit you take throughout the entire fight.

so everytime you get hit we will have a chance to gain health back or is it random

Every time you are hit AND lose health. So, if you're using Luke Cage, and he activates his Signature Ability, and you don't take any Damage, you will not gain any Adrenaline, or if you're using Captain America (WW2) and you block an Attack, taking 0 damage, you will not gain Adrenaline. Also, remember that Debuffs like Bleed or Poison do not cause you to gain Adrenaline.

Hi!
    What if I take damage from a block (so not a perfect block)? does this damage still increase the adrenaline pool?
    Translation: adrenaline pool is fuelled with damage taken or hits taken?
    thanks