**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

T-Mobile - Connection issue [Merged]

Comments

• Yeah it’s tough Kabam, I missed out on the rewards for the 1st day of the BP event due to do connection and my alliance was pretty upset about the issue until I got connected to WiFi and was able to move a little. Please tell me how is this fair... please help us. I am an IPhone 7 Plus user on T-Mobile network.
  • @Kabam Miike any update on when we can expect this issue to be fixed by?
  • Harold1980Harold1980 Posts: 20
    Not only is affecting us with T-Mobile provider as players but the whole alliance is been punished as well. Running Map 5 in my alliance not been able to log in when I need to is affecting my alliance. All I’m asking is for some response to the problem..... @Kabam Miike
  • RektorRektor Posts: 678 ★★★
    Gonna work on the weekend to fix this? Clock’s ticking.
  • CAD07CAD07 Posts: 83
    Bryman187 wrote: »
    BigTime wrote: »
    CAD07 wrote: »
    Just once i would love to see an update run smooth with no bugs.........

You're asking for the impossible. This is how things go with software. There's only so much testing and effort put into these things. Then when you're talking at scale it's even harder.

I do fully support very frequent responses to extremely high priority bugs like this one.

You're asking for the impossible. This is how things go with software. There's only so much testing and effort put into these things. Then when you're talking at scale it's even harder.

I do fully support very frequent responses to extremely high priority bugs like this one.

I completely understand that a game will have 1 or 2 bugs.... problem with KABAM is that none of the devs seem to know what their doing... feels like the engineering team need to up their game. For a company who claims to "test" their updates before launching worldwide, sorry team your work really doesn't show. Just blows my mind that for a company with a very profitable game they can't seem to get an update out where they don't screw most or all their player base.

I’ve been locked out on T-Mobile for almost 48 hours now so I totally get where you’re coming from, but to be fair if I had to bet I’d wager that these major update bugs aren’t the result of incompetent software engineers, but rather completely out of touch product management teams. A game like this is very complicated and involved. Not only do they have to design and produce all the content and make sure it all interplays with each other niceley without breaking anything, but they have to do it all on an extremely tight schedule. Most of the content comes out on a monthly timeline or in conjunction with major film and television releases. I can almost guarantee you that there are hard deadlines for content release that are planned out at least 6-9 months ahead. These schedules are not made by the engineers, but by product management teams who don’t know a thing about software development and the time it takes to get it right. All they care about is meeting deadlines so they can collect their bonuses and not get fired. So this leaves engineers barely enough time to try and complete the content and get as much testing in as possible before the deadline. Product management teams don’t give a **** if the engineers have had adequate time to test their work. Once the deadline has arrived, unless there is a catastrophic bug, the product gets pushed to release so the managers meet their deadlines. I can promise you no engineer is ever completely satisfied with the amount of testing of their code, but when the product release date hits it’s out of their hands.

All this to say, give the engineers a break. I’m sure they’re overworked and underpaid and governed by people who have no understanding of what it takes to make good software. Ultimately it’s still Kabam’s fault for managing their teams/resources this way so customers have every right to be angry, but I just hate to see the hard working engineers take the heat for it.

completely understand that the engineers of this game have very little control on deadlines, speaking as someone who works very closely to them. I myself am an architect and understand the frustrations and timelines that come with projects, but i also know that if there is a problem at the field involving anyone of my project i will be held accountable. i myself manage a team of engineers & designers, i know the frustrations that come with the job. As an architect i have to get my plans approved by the city and have to follow every code, from basic construction codes to where the dumpster has to be placed... we take weeks/ months analyzing and making sure everything is correct. my problem with kabam is that they as a TEAM don't seem to take the time to analyze the data and make sure its good to go. i dont care if it takes 2 extra weeks to test, just make sure your update is good to go before launching world wide..
  • DaFobbsDaFobbs Posts: 9
    Using a VPN app is just a mobile way to tether. And with that said you have up to 14g to tether on an unlimited plan with T-Mobile, which once you reach that point, your throttled and affects your access for the remaining cycle and pending further months. So yes it is understandable, and acceptable not to 100% something to risk more money on a “free” game. Ofcourse personal decisions will be made per player/ally. Hopefully within reason. Cheers!
  • I’m having the same issue on t mobile network, it worked on WiFi. Compensation compensation compensation username henrock428
    Agreed:) trust, i think that their design team and engineering team are absolutely brilliant; as i do appreciate the mechanics of the game. My issue like you said is with the admins and management and their.... well there's no nice way to say it but i guess you can say incompetence?? like i said take an extra week/2 weeks to let the people who know what their doing ( design&engineers) extra time and work their magic.
  • Also unable to connect via cellular. My issue just started today. T-Mobile network, latest IOS, iPhone 7.
  • EmmanuelcoastEmmanuelcoast Posts: 170
    I can’t log in since I updated the game. And I’m in the middle of AQ AND AW. What the heck guys like this is bad for my alliance and hurting us. I can’t clear my lane which means we might lose. You guys need to fix this ASAP @Kabam Miike and I hope we see some thing in our inbox for these issues because it’s not fair
  • Harold1980Harold1980 Posts: 20
    From the right that will be me harold1980 to the left Jediknight22 and in the middle the problem. Catch my message @Kabam Miike I’m not the only one if my alliance with problem and it affects the alliance as a whole.jns4qbiwykwt.jpeg
  • Obregon241Obregon241 Posts: 6
    edited February 2018
    Still having this issue have service for my other internet or data games but this one need help. T-mobile
  • Bryman187Bryman187 Posts: 204
    edited February 2018
    Agreed:) trust, i think that their design team and engineering team are absolutely brilliant; as i do appreciate the mechanics of the game. My issue like you said is with the admins and management and their.... well there's no nice way to say it but i guess you can say incompetence?? like i said take an extra week/2 weeks to let the people who know what their doing ( design&engineers) extra time and work their magic.

Not sure what happened, but my post that you’re replying to here got accidentally deleted. I did the best I could to remember the gist of what I said and I’m reposting it for continuity in case anyone is actually following our conversation lol. No need to re-reply. Sounds like we’re on the same page.

Repost:

I completely understand that a game will have 1 or 2 bugs.... problem with KABAM is that none of the devs seem to know what their doing... feels like the engineering team need to up their game. For a company who claims to "test" their updates before launching worldwide, sorry team your work really doesn't show. Just blows my mind that for a company with a very profitable game they can't seem to get an update out where they don't screw most or all their player base.

I’ve been locked out on T-Mobile for almost 48 hours now so I totally get where you’re coming from, but to be fair if I had to bet I’d wager that these major update bugs aren’t the result of incompetent software engineers, but rather completely out of touch product management teams. A game like this is very complicated and involved. Not only do they have to design and produce all the content and make sure it all interplays with each other niceley without breaking anything, but they have to do it all on an extremely tight schedule. Most of the content comes out on a monthly timeline or in conjunction with major film and television releases. I can almost guarantee you that there are hard deadlines for content release that are planned out at least 6-9 months ahead. These schedules are not made by the engineers, but by product management teams who don’t know a thing about software development and the time it takes to get it right. All they care about is meeting deadlines so they can collect their bonuses and not get fired. So this leaves engineers barely enough time to try and complete the content and get as much testing in as possible before the deadline. Product management teams don’t give a **** if the engineers have had adequate time to test their work. Once the deadline has arrived, unless there is a catastrophic bug, the product gets pushed to release so the managers meet their deadlines. I can promise you no engineer is ever completely satisfied with the amount of testing of their code, but when the product release date hits it’s out of their hands.

All this to say, give the engineers a break. I’m sure they’re overworked and underpaid and governed by people who have no understanding of what it takes to make good software. Ultimately it’s still Kabam’s fault for managing their teams/resources this way so customers have every right to be angry, but I just hate to see the hard working engineers take the heat for it.

completely understand that the engineers of this game have very little control on deadlines, speaking as someone who works very closely to them. I myself am an architect and understand the frustrations and timelines that come with projects, but i also know that if there is a problem at the field involving anyone of my project i will be held accountable. i myself manage a team of engineers & designers, i know the frustrations that come with the job. As an architect i have to get my plans approved by the city and have to follow every code, from basic construction codes to where the dumpster has to be placed... we take weeks/ months analyzing and making sure everything is correct. my problem with kabam is that they as a TEAM don't seem to take the time to analyze the data and make sure its good to go. i dont care if it takes 2 extra weeks to test, just make sure your update is good to go before launching world wide..

I agree. My point was that it’s not the engineers fault. Engineers write the code and then QA tests the code. This cycle should continue until the product is stable. If the product management team interrupts that cycle prematurely and takes the product away for release in order to meet their deadline there is literally nothing the engineers can do about it. It’s not the engineers fault that they weren’t given adequate time for testing. Like you said, this is a managerial oversight that Kabam as a whole needs to address not the engineers.

Not sure what happened, but my post that you’re replying to here got accidentally deleted. I did the best I could to remember the gist of what I said and I’m reposting it for continuity in case anyone is actually following our conversation lol. No need to re-reply. Sounds like we’re on the same page.

Repost:

I agree. My point was that it’s not the engineers fault. Engineers write the code and then QA tests the code. This cycle should continue until the product is stable. If the product management team interrupts that cycle prematurely and takes the product away for release in order to meet their deadline there is literally nothing the engineers can do about it. It’s not the engineers fault that they weren’t given adequate time for testing. Like you said, this is a managerial oversight that Kabam as a whole needs to address not the engineers.

AGREED MY FRIEND:) ps. I think kabam isn't liking what were discussing but the truth hurt sometimes.

Repost:

AGREED MY FRIEND:) ps. I think kabam isn't liking what were discussing but the truth hurt sometimes.

I’m sure the engineers would love it though lol.
  • IOS 11.2.5 T-MOBILE can not login without WiFi
  • Have had the issues since I did the update when it was released.

Iphone 7, T-Mobile LTE, iOS 11.2.5
  • Same thing here I’ve been trying to log on with out WiFi and it doesn’t work. I deleted the game, installed it again same thing. Restarted my phone and net work setting same thing. But I connect to WiFi and it’s fine. I also have T-mobile iPhone 7 Plus. Been playing for 3 years I would hate to have to delete it after so long.
  • FireStealerFireStealer Posts: 8
    Sure would be nice if they would give us an ETA. Also annoying that, before I found this thread, I submitted a support ticket yesterday and never received any response.
  • JEbertJEbert Posts: 157
    Did the designers quit? I see Kabam is hiring now....v32ueqyx6huh.png
  • I’m gonna need a couple of them 5* crystals and a 6* crystal along with some of them rare catalysts after this mess. It’s been 2 days. Then we can call it even!
  • LordBaldyBaldLordBaldyBald Posts: 265
    Luckily my new job has secured wifi so i can login. Otherwise i’d miss even more than I already have but ya know, at work. So can’t really do much. I feel as though when the compensation comes, it should exclusively be for us who have the problem. They’ve shown they can give exclusive rewards before.
    JEbert wrote: »

I’m telling you...overworked and underpaid.
    JEbert wrote: »

OMG this is so funny(x hahahaha
  • @JEbert He’s the fall guy for this update.
    aykzwb9vkqb9.jpg
  • LarryLarry Posts: 1
    Same issue...have T-Mobile and can only play on WIFi.iphone 7..@kabam mike
  • Hey Everybody,

I wanted to drop in to let you all know that we have a fix coming for this very soon! I can't give an exact timeline, but you can expect a new update in your App Store. This Update will fix the Network issue you've all been encountering, as well as a couple other issues.

As soon as I have more information on the timeline, I will let you all know
  • JEbertJEbert Posts: 157
    In all seriousness - I am beginning to be less optimistic that this will be resolved soon. I know there is PR for the game involved with the mods on the forums, but this update seems to be quit complex. With the introduction of so much new content it might be hard to roll it back and preserve any gameplay that has occurred since the update. I’ll be interested in what happens in the somewhat near future.
This discussion has been closed.