**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Skill or God tier

Atticus9090Atticus9090 Posts: 521 ★★
edited March 2018 in General Discussion
Let’s put an end to this petty argument. Skill or having amazing champs? Or both? In order to succeed and progress against the in game content?

Skill or God tier 134 votes

Skill
17%
DNA3000thetaman23LeNoirFaineantRaganatorHort4MasterTroller42Solrac_2Foxhero007Blackspider90vinniegainzKenshioIceBobbyTheMarauder53Wulfgar79RisengawLogangronckiCoachLedMattScottjshanso2cx23433 23 votes
God tier/ Demi-God tier champs
14%
Haji_SaabAjavedAgentOfSHIELDRomario26ScottryanSKK65SrimankumarSpiritOfVengeanceLt_Magnum_1Blax4everBourneNationAv3to_XFA_RebootedAssumedNameLogan00EmmanuelcoastJackbrooks2580TheLegend27Blackpanthergaming 19 votes
Both
68%
Elijah1929DAVIDTHRektordkatrylShrimkinsIronDevilGbSarkarJatxondoBitterSteelDrOctavius2_2KobaltRetroRocksDeadbyrd9Famous_NeckbeardAce_03INTEGRALChris_L_HmmmbanyasNikoBravoDanicb94 92 votes

Comments

• shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Posts: 3,243 ★★★★★
    Both
    I'm gonna say both skill can get u far but not far enough and most champs are only as good as the player
  • TonedefTonedef Posts: 137
    Both
    Wolvie is at the top of the god-tier for 4*s... x-23 is up there too 🤣 anyway...
    Skill means nothing against some opponents, like Modok in AW! Every time I fought him before I got Blade(4*) I got absolutely smashed. First try WITH Blade on the stun immune miniboss node I one shot him easily.
  • Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    Both
    A little of both. People saying they need "x" to get past "y" are usually believers in that its god tier champs. But some of the real god tiers require knowledge of how they work and how to use them.
  • axelelf_1axelelf_1 Posts: 775 ★★★
    Both
    I've played with plenty of people that had god tier champs that constantly were the first wiped in aw or aq. The only champ that ever required no skill was pre 12.0 sw. Thor and DS took skill. Even today's god tiers still require skill.
  • Atticus9090Atticus9090 Posts: 521 ★★
    Both
    Love that many players are saying both. Having one over the other won’t help you unless you are able to integrate and make both work in order to progress in game!
  • thanks4playingthanks4playing Posts: 805 ★★★
    Both
    You forgot one option, units/$$.

But I agree that you need both. Skill will get you through a big portion of the game.

But for the competitive, end-game content, you also need certain champs and skill or units/$$$. Let me break this down into 3 areas of the game.

(1) For something like LOL, you need select champs, but this selection is now widening. Here, you might not need skill as much as units/$$$.

(2) For something like top tier AW season (p3 to master), you need select champs and skill (more than units/$$$). The reason for this is b/c you cannot afford to die in AW until maybe the mini or main boss. But this introduces the problem of piloting. You can circumvent your lack of skill here by paying someone to pilot for you. It is unfortunate, but the reality of many of the top tier alliances who do not have the skill to keep up.

(3) For story mode or AQ, you don't really need that much skill or even certain champs. Pretty much anyone should be able to do it. If you can't, then units/$$$ should be sufficient.

• BahamutBahamut Posts: 2,307 ★★★★
    edited March 2018
    Both
    Both are necessary. It doesn’t matter if you have the “Holy Trinity” if you’re not good at the game and get rekt by most champs, but it doesn’t matter how good you are at the game if you need to beat 5.4 and your team is KK, AM, Sentry, Carnage and IP.
  • beyonder8421beyonder8421 Posts: 881 ★★★
    Both
    You need certain type of champions with very specific features to work around certain contents in the game. Then is up to your skill to use them correctly.

Rol Wolverine is the poster boy of this.

Then you have other opponents that can be beat in many different ways, but even the "easier way" of beating them require skill. Loki against 5.4.6 Ultron classic is one example of this. He can finish that fight very fast, but requires training.

I think beyond skill and champions, you need to know your champs and know which one you need to use for this or that situation.
  • Foxhero007Foxhero007 Posts: 675 ★★★
    Skill
    its all about skill because god tier and demi god tier champions dos not exist, there no such thing in this game.
    Both
    Foxhero007 wrote: »
    its all about skill because god tier and demi god tier champions dos not exist, there no such thing in this game.

Are you trying to troll ? Or are you serious.
  • Foxhero007Foxhero007 Posts: 675 ★★★
    Skill

I'm serious
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Both
    It’s more about skill, I’d say 75% skill, 25% roster. It’s definitely a mixture of both of them, you can only get so far with a good roster, but at some point you’ll come up against content skill won’t get you through like collector.
    Both

I'm serious

Ok thanks for clarifying. Yikes
    Both
    It’s more about skill, I’d say 75% skill, 25% roster. It’s definitely a mixture of both of them, you can only get so far with a good roster, but at some point you’ll come up against content skill won’t get you through like collector.

Saying straight facts. No one can just use skill to defeat the collector, even if you have a full roster of GOD tier champions.
  • Blax4everBlax4ever Posts: 683 ★★★
    It’s the content that creates god Tier Champs. People using 5/50s vs Ice Phoenix burned more resources than those using 4/55. Last month Symbiote Spidey was God Tier vs Killmonger. As someone pointed out no matter how good you are at this game you will die vs the collector the question is how many revives will you have to use.

Sorry but you will burn a lot more revives using Carnage vs some of the content in this game than you would using one of the coveted champs. Those are just facts.
  • KennadoKennado Posts: 991 ★★★
    Both
    Voted both. You'll need skill to succeed in End Game content. You'll also need God Tiers to get you there if that makes sense.
  • chev327foxchev327fox Posts: 826 ★★
    Both
    Both for most... Skill for a very small group of super skilled players (but guys you super good players are the exception... not the rule ;) ).

but yeah skill can beat everything with a 2*... but most of us will never have this kind of skill at this game. For most of us it is amazing champs and decent skill.to get by.
    Both
    I honestly love all the opinions being voiced out on this thread. Love how we’re all showing valid points and reasons as to why we picked what we picked
    Both
    Blax4ever wrote: »
    It’s the content that creates god Tier Champs. People using 5/50s vs Ice Phoenix burned more resources than those using 4/55. Last month Symbiote Spidey was God Tier vs Killmonger. As someone pointed out no matter how good you are at this game you will die vs the collector the question is how many revives will you have to use.

Sorry but you will burn a lot more revives using Carnage vs some of the content in this game than you would using one of the coveted champs. Those are just facts.

last month, sym spidey, thor, medusa, literally any champ with armor break was god tier. thats a hell of a big god tier to "need" to beat killmonger.
  • ShrimkinsShrimkins Posts: 1,479 ★★★★
    Both
    I think it depends what you deem "successful"

For me personally my goal is always to complete the hardest content using as few items as possible. This would include LoL, AW, AQ, A5, ect. Over a long stretch of time, god tier champs really help reduce item usage.

I would consider myself a highly skilled player and I was able to 100% A5 with 1 "god tier" r4 5*. Was I able to overcome the challenges with skill? Of course. Did I have to dump a ton of items on the collector? Yes of course.

To pretend that god tier champs don't make things easier is stupid, but to pretend content can't be accomplished without god tier champs is just ignorant. Almost everything can be done in this game without god tier.
  • colbyscipio987colbyscipio987 Posts: 1,027 ★★
    Both
    I mostly lean towards skill, but somethings is absolutely ridiculous
    @Primmer79

I was using Symbiote Spidey as an example of a champ many wouldn’t normally use because he’s not considered God Tier but last months event quest gave people who have Symbiote Spidey and easy Battle vs a tough champ in Killmonger maybe you missed the point. It’s the CONTENT that makes the champs “God Tier”
    Both
    @Primmer79

I was using Symbiote Spidey as an example of a champ many wouldn’t normally use because he’s not considered God Tier but last months event quest gave people who have Symbiote Spidey and easy Battle vs a tough champ in Killmonger maybe you missed the point. It’s the CONTENT that makes the champs “God Tier”

I didn't miss the point. Maybe you missed my point. By saying a lesser known/used/thought of champ 'became' god tier for a month, then the general term "god tier" needed to progress doesn't exist. Instead of saying 20 god tier champs, now you're saying 80% of champs are useful at some point, therefore, its a balance of skill and god tiers needed. the skill to be able to use varying champs, the knowledge on how to use all the different ones, etc.

Just advocating its a little of both.
  • whaler213whaler213 Posts: 151
    Both
    as someone who is skillful but definitely not a top tier player I will say every time I got a new set of god tier champs or my roster generally improved (usually for me its happened in large groupings) magically my "skill" goes up another few levels and content that used to be difficult is now insanely easy. so its definitely a mix of both
  • WildpantsWildpants Posts: 148
    Both
    It's more skill than champions. No matter what champion you get, if you haven't got the skill you won't get anywhere. But skill alone can only get you to a certain distance. You can't beat Magik AW boss with 5/65 Spider Gwen regardless of your skill. So it's both, but skill comes first.
    Primmer79 wrote: »
    @Primmer79

@Primmer79

Let me try this again, when players say there are no God Tier Champs or Trash Champs what they are saying is that CONTENT dictates which Champs to use. Kabam can change the CONTENT anytime they want and what was Trash then becomes God Tier and vice versa.

As someone said in a post if Kabam introduced a random node that processed Bleed Reflect where the node reflected bleed stacks on opponents some of the God Tier Champs would become trash instantly. nothing about anyone’s skill would matter, bring a bleed champ and you die.

If we can persuade Kabam to develop Content that highlights different champs at different times it would be good for the community as a whole and we could end these debates about God Tier and who isn’