**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

King Groot, good or bad?

rawhineyrawhiney Posts: 50
edited July 2017 in General Discussion
This is a poll asking for your opinion on king groot.

King Groot, good or bad? 226 votes

Great (Good)
51%
Etaki_LirakoiJh_DezAlex_sc11DHCVoLtAlfa_PigeonMegaSkater67Swe_wolfisHarcourtmazeHulk_77bhuv9191Fluffydragon2TheLazyKingAgentOfSHIELDmum_m2CapWW2TKalBK_AVENGERSaiyanYellsomeCap253 117 votes
Bad (Acceptional)
48%
DL864NoobeeusThatweirdguyRagamugginGunnerJOHNOSA1995ShrimkinsCarmel1FuzzylumpsEb0ny-O-M4wRedBaron99DrOctavius2_2Noob_2yrsGrinderIndrick781KobaltAakashShynight00sfu_koraxLoPrestiSpity68 109 votes

Comments

• GabbrosGabbros Posts: 156
    Even with fury stacks, he dont hit tat strong. He is ok though if u armor stack and use those furies well.

His regen is ok. But turns out rlly good once u dupe him over 100.
  • GunzoGunzo Posts: 719 ★★
    edited July 2017
    Gewd
  • shchong2shchong2 Posts: 2,419 ★★★★
    edited November 2017
    Great (Good)
    He is one of the under-appreciated champ, just like Beast, Spider Gwen, Angela, etc. He is better than he looks :)

He is above-average, very good utility with regen (cool down) and bleed immune, BUT he needs to be dupped, and 4* version may have very low damage output ... various usages for AQ, AW attack, Story Quest, etc

Still he is decent champ, worth putting effort & resource. I just got him from Basic 4* arena grinding (I did 2.96M), and I'll grind one more round tomorrow to get him to dup, then I'll bring him to R3 like I did to all my 4* champs for arena roaster purpose, most likely won't bring him to R4 or beyond. However if I get a 5* dupped KG I'll probably invest resources to rank the 5* dupped one to R3

Plenty of experts provided very insightful feedback about King Groot at this thread:-
    http://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/83668
  • LovingkidLovingkid Posts: 330 ★★
    Great (Good)
    Also i forgot to mention this guy is good on some nodes in AW i wont mention, on day 4/5 i use him in AQ , remaining he goes to AW, with the diversity going on im the only one in my alliance who has him maxed to be used
  • Vdh2008Vdh2008 Posts: 966 ★★★★
  • mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★
    Great (Good)
    He's in the top 5 in cosmics easy. Consistent Regen. his low attack makes up for one of the most massive regens in the game. A lot of people hate him because his fights take forever, but I've cleared master modes paths with him and remains at full health. At 4/40 he can one shot ROL (except Switch and wolverine).

I think he gets an extremely low rap for having pillow hands. But he's not intended to have great attack. He's intended to have amazing sustainability. And there isn't many who's better for that. Wolverine you need to land a crit proc, ghost rider you need to land a heavy, but with King Groot, all you have to do is wait. Easy
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,676 ★★★★★
    Is he worth R4 duped?

How many stones does he need for the regen to be decent?
  • Vision_41Vision_41 Posts: 721
    Great (Good)
    I say he's great because of all the buffs he achieves!
  • Great (Good)
    Good in my opinion. He's got great health.
  • SharkJawsSharkJaws Posts: 78
    Great (Good)
    great champion after awaken. ppl hate him because they are struggle to beat him
  • Great (Good)
    For first instance you wont like him.. but if his dupe level cross 60, hes pure beast as a utility. Absolutely worth for 5star rank 4 (*** must be duped with sig 60+ ****). He will save alot of health potions for bigger fights. I use him to clear all the paths in Story & AW with full health most of time. He might hit soft but compensates with amazing healing & 30k health. Mine is level 70+ & regens 113 health twice per sec. Funny thing i used Cosmic awakening on him & was disappointed for couple of weeks... but slowly i realized his potential & now i feel proud on awakeing him. Thought in mind i will Rank5 him as well.
  • Great (Good)
    Well i have cleared Boss rush challange with king groot alone..!! With 0 revive & 0 health potion...No other champ used.. !!! Only ppl who dont own him think him as under-rated.
  • AxeCopFireAxeCopFire Posts: 1,115 ★★★
    Great (Good)
    _ASDF_ wrote: »
    Well i have cleared Boss rush challange with king groot alone..!! With 0 revive & 0 health potion...No other champ used.. !!! Only ppl who dont own him think him as under-rated.

Did it Take you 3 days, gallons of red bull and a thousand hits per champ to complete it? Lmao

Maybe you just need to git gud? Lmao

• Spurgeon14Spurgeon14 Posts: 1,665 ★★★★
    Bad (Acceptional)
    AxeCopFire wrote: »
    _ASDF_ wrote: »

Did it Take you 3 days, gallons of red bull and a thousand hits per champ to complete it? Lmao

Maybe you just need to git gud? Lmao

Being good doesn't make King Groot hit any harder. 😆😂
  • Mmx1991Mmx1991 Posts: 674 ★★★★
    He's an annoying **** on defense on some nodes.

Put an r4 KG on node 24 in Tier 1 and even an r5 Blade can't do anything to him without his GR Synergy.
  • ItempasItempas Posts: 57
    Bad (Acceptional)
    I have KG at every tier and he's definitley better awakened but his attack is just too low, even if you manage to stack up tons of furies
  • Suicidebob1977Suicidebob1977 Posts: 16
    Bad (Acceptional)
    I got him as my first 6 star. He's dog ****. He's useless in wars due to his rapid gaining and dropping of buffs and being cosmic, and his damage output is below most of my 4 stars. If his poison was on par with 6 star Deadpools bleed? ehh maybe, but I wish I could sell him honestly.
  • BahamutBahamut Posts: 2,307 ★★★★
    Great (Good)
    Highest health in the game and reliable Regen if he’s duped
  • Lt_Magnum_1Lt_Magnum_1 Posts: 639 ★★
    Great (Good)
    bleed immune and nice regen. But damage output is very weak. Poor man's Wolverine for AQ.
  • LoPrestiLoPresti Posts: 1,035 ★★★
    edited March 2018
    Bad (Acceptional)
    mum_m2 wrote: »
    He's in the top 5 in cosmics easy

He's not better than Medusa, Hela, Hyperion, Angelao or Thor/Drax.
    mum_m2 wrote: »
    At 4/40 he can one shot ROL (except Switch and wolverine).

Any champ can do that, that's not an achievement. ROL is basically just longer arena fights.
  • tmahelutmahelu Posts: 3
    I have a 5* R4 wish his attack was better. Currently his base attack is lower than some of my 4*s. Kabam can you give KG some love. Thanks
  • iRetr0iRetr0 Posts: 1,252 ★★★★
    The_Fungi wrote: »
    I have him as a six star and he's terrible. I am not sure how people are saying he is great.

Hyperion and Medusa are far superior cosmics. Cap Marvel, Drax, Hela, and even Ronan are better.

My six star rarely gets a kill in aw. I am lucky enough to have him as a five star too.. thanks kabam... I will keep sitting on this comsic gem that I have had for about a year now.

I think he needs to be duped with a high sig level, that is when he becomes decent in AW