**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

The AI has been modified again!? What I’ve noticed...

Comments

• Options
    ViperKingVViperKingV Posts: 111
    edited March 2018
    A few weeks ago Miike posted that there was a change made to LCs heavy/sp1 mechanics, that the game team had not told him about. He originally took it to them as a possible bug, but He was told that it was an adjustment effecting several champions that extends the animations on HHs and Sps.
    Point is that mechanics/AI behavior changes are being made without any effort to inform players. I won’t say that it’s being done purposefully or not (Its possible this is just another case of Kabam mismanagement or poor communication). To me, It’s pretty obvious that adjustments have been made to mechanics and AI behavior, that have not been communicated to players. There are also Bugs effecting gameplay & champ behavior, but they don’t get fixed. Probably because the game team doesn’t know what they adjusted or screwed up. They fix issues bugs that are beneficial to players and everything else is “under investigation@.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    edited March 2018
    That's a great deal of conjecture. At least be specific. LC just had a rework and we were aware of that. The issue was that he would cause so many hits that it was too fast and he wouldn't connect. They added a slide so his hits would connect. They didn't make changes across the board. Miike described an occurrence that was normal across a number of Champs.
    http://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/310306#Comment_310306

I swear there's no end to the suspicion. They're not messing with the game, and regardless of how many times they comment that it's conspiracy (just today in fact), some people won't believe it regardless. Yes, there's problems. It's not helping anyone to keep circulating the idea they're doing it on purpose. It doesn't help them resolve the problems, and it doesn't help us communicate what we are experiencing.
  • Options
    There's a number of reasons for that. First, conspiracy theories are against the rules. Secondly, it's not their job to squash every paranoid theory. They're not here to argue the information. Thirdly, they do comment on them. They just did concerning Block Timing. They can't be on the lookout for every suspicion and debunk them all. Their job is to operate with the information provided.
  • Options
    kushstar88 wrote: »
    This is turning into conspiracy and venting. They do not screw with the AI without telling us. The Moderators communicate issues to the team. Some have different jobs as well, jobs behind the scenes. The Moderators who have confirmed there have been no changes are in communication with the team. Let's take the tinfoil off.

youre so naive dude

It's not naivety. The argument doesn't even make sense.
    "Here's what we will do. We will spend years creating a great game. A really good game! People will love this game. Then, as we have their trust, we will begin deconstructing it from the inside-out! That's right. When they become suspicious, we will deny it. Just when they think it's safe to play, BAM! We will drive them away! First we ruin our jobs, then we take over the world! Muahahaha!".

Seriously, though. It's their livelihood. There is no sensible or logical reason for them to intentionally malfunction their own product.
  • Options
    BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,281 ★★★★★
    edited March 2018
    It would be nice to know exactly what has changed. Are the community guys scooting back their chair and asking devs, “Oi! Did you change Block Timing or AI?” Dev: “Nope.” CG:”Good enough.” Then the community guy scoots his chair forward and gets on the forum, never going the next step and asking the dev for the full set of things that are different. Maybe if he did, he would learn that the Hit Stun, Block Stun, and recovery on miss for certain champs moves have been tweaked, but not Block Timing or AI.
  • Options
    DarcilisDarcilis Posts: 54
    I saw Dr V became unstoppable after his L2 in arena today. Is this something new? Or it’s just AI somehow has extraordinary power after update?

I’m not surprised AI gets buffed so much. It’s obvious that the corporate has everything to gain from that tweak. The problem lies deep in their very business model, thus creating conflict within their own product. But It’s the first time I saw a company deliberately sabotage their own product that way.

At the end of the day, the only thing that matter is the bottom line of the financial statements. Everything else is secondary.

If you were in Arena, the other player probably had the unfazed mastery. If you evaded, they become unstoppable.
  • Options
    EvangelionlovrEvangelionlovr Posts: 481 ★★★

Some things I noticed since the last update:
    Lag from my Medium hits (I swipe and the champ moves a split second after the input).
    No matter what combo before I fire an SP and the AI blocks the SP immediately like 50% of the time.
    Parry is off from before the update.
    Intercept is off from before the update.
    Can't punish opponents SPs like I used to.
    AI Parries me after they do a 5 hit combo where before they would do a 4 hit combo and I would be able to counter attack.
  • Options
    JaffacakedJaffacaked Posts: 1,415 ★★★★
    There's a difference between ignoring them and not having fixed them yet.

Yeah right lol, just like their not ignoring the pure skill situation
  • Options
    Mmx1991Mmx1991 Posts: 674 ★★★★
    edited March 2018
    This couldn't be any simpler.

If the AI hasn't been changed, then why do they (all champs in general) dexterity evade us 3-4 times as much as they did last summer?

Or is evading our attacks not AI related?
  • Options
    My mistake. I thought this was a discussion. It's just a vent of conspiracy theories. Carry on with your suspicion.
  • Options
    Mmx1991Mmx1991 Posts: 674 ★★★★
    My mistake. I thought this was a discussion. It's just a vent of conspiracy theories. Carry on with your suspicion.

Are you able to answer my simple question? The AI dexterity evades us a ton more than they did last summer. What mechanic is being changed that can cause this?

Changes to AI behavior would be the most common sense and logical guess, yet you think it's a crazy thing to say.
  • Options
    No. It's not the most logical guess when you understand the server is responsible for the RNG that generates those Abilities. Which means it could be an issue with the server. Then there's the fact that it's been said over and over and over that they're not altering the AI. The game has changed itself a great deal over the last year. It could be any number of things, and my first immediate thought is not to say they're doing it on purpose, willingly, knowingly, behind our backs, to the point of damaging ordinary mechanics. No, it is not logical, and regardless of how many times they comment, or others like me who do not believe this, there are still people campaigning the same belief. So there's no use in discussion. Some people are just convinced they're messing with the game and there's no changing their minds. More power to them. That still doesn't make it true.
  • Options
    You're free to disagree. Saying we don't know for sure is redundant. None of us have access to the database. However, the game is a combination of the Build and the server. The physical mechanics themselves are in the Build. The computer that determines what Abilities are triggered that are based on RNG are on the server. Meaning, the computer sends the message for the Ability to trigger and the Animation executes it. Do I know absolutely? No. I have a pretty fair idea how the game works.
    The theory that the AI has been changed is not fact.
This discussion has been closed.