**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Aw synergies update and further discussion.

Comments

• RiegelRiegel Posts: 1,088 ★★★★
    Wolfe wrote: »
    Interesting that you guys can actuallly slam Miike for making a really valid point and something that really needs to be thought thru properly rather than just clicking a button and go “let’s do defense synergy!”.

I bet if Kabam were to open up defensive synergy right now, we gonna get countless threads of people demanding for compensation and RDTs because they are not aware Hulk Ragnarok has a synergy with Thor Ragnarok or Killmonger has a synergy with BPCW.

I agree wholeheartedly this needs to be thought through. Take as much time as you need and give us something that is fair to all players when you’re done thinking it thru Kabam.

I agree with you. People are complaining about synergies not being active, but they will be the same people saying AW is too hard after they finally get turned on, because they refused to learn the champions and how they work.

It is something that needs a lot of thought, and should def not be a flip of the switch thing, no matter how long synergies have been around.

The positive thing to take away from this is the communication gap that has been somewhat bridged. If we can talk about ways we think would be good solutions maybe Kabam will find a solution they didn't think of. If we just sit here and talk **** about them after they openly communicate to us where they are at in the process, how does that help?

Regardless, the open communication needs to be there no matter what (**** talking or not). It's something you have to deal with in business.

I hope we can see more transparency like this on other topics.
  • McWolfMcWolf Posts: 18
    The ppl asking for the synergies to work are they who invested a lot of time and ressources to form a team, which has a nice synergy combo.
    So i guess most of them know the potentiall of some champs and could improve the diversity of AW Teams.

I would love to see the synergies activated and a promiss (for a later time!) to implement masteries in the utility tree to show the synergies.
    Would be the best solution and would buff a fading mastery tree.
  • Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★
    It seems like season 2 of AW would be a perfect time to re-implement defense synergies. Any update, @Kabam Miike ?
  • KhanMedinaKhanMedina Posts: 927 ★★★
    Maybe don't put in those unique synergies in the first place? Sucks that new guys get so much more out of synergies than the og class
    Silly question, but since when is it important to show the attacker unique settings?
    What about Masteries then?
    Having suicide masteries or Mystic Dispertion can have a much higher impact, than Hulk (Ragnarok) having an unstopable attack.
    Kabam needs to bite the bullet and drop the unique synergies and just redo everyone's to include some teammate, romance, rival, enemy, etc. type bonuses. The blade synergies are making huge chunks of defenders moot now and prevents them from using the villain tag in the future. This is exactly why they redid stats a year ago because they didn't want people having such a huge crutch for content.
    Did Kabam put out a statement before or at the same time that they decided to turn off the synergies? I'm pretty sure a player noticed it first and they eventually commented on it which isn't exactly "transparency" but that is a different discussion.

AFAIK, the Dormamo / Mordo was the first issue, but as the revive is only at 20%, it couldn't be proven.
    The Issue was made obvious, when Medusa Bosses appear and didn't get more than 3 Fury Buffs while BB was with the same Player!
    KhanMedina wrote: »
    The blade synergies are making huge chunks of defenders moot now and prevents them from using the villain tag in the future. This is exactly why they redid stats a year ago because they didn't want people having such a huge crutch for content.

The Blade synergy is just the answer to the silly 90% Mystic Defenders, because of Mystic Dispersion. Blade is a 100% Counter to that. Otherwise, have you played Blade against NC or Spidy, not so hot against them!

edited April 2018
    McWolf wrote: »
    The blade synergies are making huge chunks of defenders moot now and prevents them from using the villain tag in the future. This is exactly why they redid stats a year ago because they didn't want people having such a huge crutch for content.

The Blade synergy is just the answer to the silly 90% Mystic Defenders, because of Mystic Dispersion. Blade is a 100% Counter to that. Otherwise, have you played Blade against NC or Spidy, not so hot against them!

I disagree. Blade is a counter to the mystic dimensional defenders all by himself. WIth synergies, he also counters every single villain even if they aren't dimensional like Jugg, UC, Void, Rhino, Ultron, GG, MODOK, Kingpin, Electro, and other decent to god tier defenders. Add in basic advantage over all science and also mystics with another synergy, and that's obviously overpowered. They'd be able to 'nerf' him without changing any stats by just removing synergies.
  • rockykostonrockykoston Posts: 1,505 ★★★★
    edited April 2018
    Riegel wrote: »
    We have recently received a huge update on the Aw defense synergies.
    The short answer is yes. But this is not going to be a quick or easy fix. Aside from having to fix the issue that we're having with synergies not working, there is a bigger issue at hand that needs to be addressed as well. With new Unique synergies that supply enhanced abilities, there could be some unexpected surprises when you're fighting a Defender that you didn't know had a Synergy active.

You could be part way through a fight against Hulk (Ragnarok) when suddenly, his SMASH attack becomes Unblockable because he has a synergy with Thor (Ragnarok) that you didn't know was active. Now, we're not saying that this is a bad thing, but we want to give players the chance to be prepared for these kinds of things. We're currently exploring ways that we can do this.

So, yes, we are working on fixing this, but unfortunately, there is more to this issue than just what it seems like on the surface.

From what I can gather is Kabam wants to player to have a way to tell what synergies the defender will have active BEFORE going into the fight.

I don't personally think it is necessary to know exactly what is active, I like being prepared for all synergies, and then discovering which are and are not active as I go. Then, I can communicate that to my BG so they can better prepare for their fights.

Same with masteries. I could join a fight and tell who has Limber or Will Power and let my team know. Many synergies translate the same way like Dark Empowerment or Inhuman Royal Family.

I don't mind knowing ahead of time either, but I am very happy to finally have an update on the issue.

You're assuming that you can see the champ before going into the fight. LOL, this is going to be so much more difficult on hidden nodes. You don't see the champ, you dont know if a synergy is active. I bet people will die in the first section (given the right combo of fights)

If you start thinking in a match what are the synergies of this champ, I commend you for your thorough knowledge of MCOC universe.

I don't ming dying but these synergies need to be implemented. Kabam hasn't accepted this officially yet and they should. A message needs to go out to the community that these are not working.

Guess who found out this issue or several others that hamper gameplay - the community!!
    Interesting that you guys can actuallly slam Miike for making a really valid point and something that really needs to be thought thru properly rather than just clicking a button and go “let’s do defense synergy!”.

I bet if Kabam were to open up defensive synergy right now, we gonna get countless threads of people demanding for compensation and RDTs because they are not aware Hulk Ragnarok has a synergy with Thor Ragnarok or Killmonger has a synergy with BPCW.

I agree wholeheartedly this needs to be thought through. Take as much time as you need and give us something that is fair to all players when you’re done thinking it thru Kabam.

This is not a good way to go about fixing a feature that should be IN the game.

Did they take 5 months to introduce sentinels? Were they not slammed about that move?
    Did they not increase the event quest energy costs? Were they not slammed?
    Didn;t they make uncollected Guilly? Were they not slammed?

It doesn't matter if they get slammed or not. This needs to be in the game asap, if it means people unable to clear maps, then so be it, more power to the defense. As of now, 100% map clearing is pretty easy.
  • GriffoplayGriffoplay Posts: 269
    At the begining I was really disapointed couse sinergyes do not works in wars. Now I hope devs will not implement them.
    couse:
    - I fear about game stability/Lag;
    - There's some unique sinergy so you can easily identify others player defenders;
    - Some sinergyes can be insane on some nodes;

The only good point that comes to my mind is that Diversity can be lowered for a specific synergy. maybe
    2StarKing wrote: »
    AW synergies is bad idea.

We don't know what synergies Kabam has planned for the future. We know Kabam is more than willing to create situations detrimental to players. AW synergies will serve to create greater reason to dishearten alliances.

AW synergies will create alliance tension for those alliances that still gain wins from diversity. For example, someone desires to use a Hulk synergy. Therefore, another can't place Hulk and they are forced to use resources on ranking someone very undesirable to maintain a level of diversity... or leave the battle group or alliance.

Your AW opponents won't be the causality of war it will be your alliance mates. We know from the sole AW season, long time alliance members are moving on or being kicked because of AW failures that were previously acceptable. Those without "appropriate" roster or non-spenders will be moving on voluntarily or not. Where will these players go?

We will see MORE 5/65s and r2 6* in lower AW tiers. Stacked teams abusing those players who haven't played long enough to compete against ranked champs. New alliance of new players will miss out on their deserved rewards. Lower level players will be in spend or lose situations because of the actions of veteran players.

I guarantee once synergies are implemented thousands will call this another Kabam money grab, when actually it is what players are demanding.

The community needs to really think, who does AW synergies really benefit.

Synergies benefit the defense, which is being rolled over without a second thought. I know it benefits both sides, but people are not even developing their defense right now because they know they can 100% - one shot every champson every map.

I am a new player (5 months), but if synergies are supposed to work, they need to work both ways (Def/offense). If people want to move down into tiers to take on 3* champs with their 6* then so be it, that is what rewards they will get also.

It's a game and this feature should have already been there. Nothing to get dishearten about, if you get dishearten about a game , then wait for real life to kick in.
  • WolfeWolfe Posts: 272 ★★

Did they take 5 months to introduce sentinels? Were they not slammed about that move?

It doesn't matter if they get slammed or not. This needs to be in the game asap, if it means people unable to clear maps, then so be it, more power to the defense. As of now, 100% map clearing is pretty easy.

It does matter to me when certain people in this community goes around slamming people who have nothing to do with the things they are getting slammed for.

Yes I do agree there needs to be a solution to this defensive synergy thing but I don't agree they need to rush into implementing it. Let's be honest. Whatever Kabam does a percentage of this community (a minority percentage I hope), the toxic bunch are always baying for blood and blaming everything they can blame so since this is not gonna change, I encourage Kabam to take their time to find the perfect fit for defensive synergy since no matter what they do, they are gonna be getting the abuse from the same group of people.

It does matter to me when certain people in this community goes around slamming people who have nothing to do with the things they are getting slammed for.

Yes I do agree there needs to be a solution to this defensive synergy thing but I don't agree they need to rush into implementing it. Let's be honest. Whatever Kabam does a percentage of this community (a minority percentage I hope), the toxic bunch are always baying for blood and blaming everything they can blame so since this is not gonna change, I encourage Kabam to take their time to find the perfect fit for defensive synergy since no matter what they do, they are gonna be getting the abuse from the same group of people.

It's still BS for them to sell champs with specific defensive minded synergies when synergies don't work and that specific synergy may never even be active for defense in the future.

The best time to implement such a feature is while seasons is not active, which is NOW.
    Do you want synergy to come in when Season 2 is going on, nobody wants that.

For what I believe, Def synergy will never work in-game, NEVER. (unless they decide to revamp AW and introduce more changes)
    Some synergies will make fights easier. For instance Medusa will die a lot faster to Magik and Morning Star if she has 6 furies.

There's good and bad. You'll have to really plan what you are going to take. Planning is a huge part about this game. AWD is like the draft phase of Dota 2. You may be read like an open book, or you may try to be sneaky about something and it could back fire on you. Place the same champs vs. the same opponent and they'll be prepared.

AWD synergies arn't a huge deal. It does add some value to some champs, but it's not what makes or breaks AW. There are a lot of other things wrong with AW that need dealt with before synergies take priority.
    Some synergies will make fights easier. For instance Medusa will die a lot faster to Magik and Morning Star if she has 6 furies.

There's good and bad. You'll have to really plan what you are going to take. Planning is a huge part about this game. AWD is like the draft phase of Dota 2. You may be read like an open book, or you may try to be sneaky about something and it could back fire on you. Place the same champs vs. the same opponent and they'll be prepared.

AWD synergies arn't a huge deal. It does add some value to some champs, but it's not what makes or breaks AW. There are a lot of other things wrong with AW that need dealt with before synergies take priority.

You aren't playing the same team, so no one is going to learn how to counter your specific set up.
    edited April 2018

You aren't playing the same team, so no one is going to learn how to counter your specific set up.

That's not true. We fought many teams multiple times during the season. You most definitely will face the same opponent, and if you didn't learn from the first go at them then you past up a great opportunity.
    I think 4loki played J11 four or five times during season 1.
  • CodornasCodornas Posts: 542 ★★
    edited April 2018
    Who cares if u dont know that the champ has synergies?! Thats the point of AW! Make a strong defense for ppl to die, and synergies play a large strategic factor in this, its total bs that they are not working, u might as well go back to reveal all defenders if thats the way kabams s going

That's not true. We fought many teams multiple times during the season. You most definitely will face the same opponent, and if you didn't learn from the first go at them then you past up a great opportunity.

Well the overwhelming majority are not facing the same teams. I think I've faced the same team again once. I wouldn't expect every alliance to keep info on every team they played against, but maybe that's just me.
  • ZzyzxGuyZzyzxGuy Posts: 1,292 ★★★

Or, you know, not create game mechanics and then break them on purpose.

Kabam deserves all **** they get and then some. Their lack of testing and foresight is miles behind the community.

Ex: the Loki synergy
    The main issue here is, that ppl spent money to get champs for specific synergies, expecting them to be useable in AW Defense.

If they don't implement them, can i ask for my money back, as it was falsely advertised?
    We got a lot feedback, that they should work and it is a bug, so fix the damn bug! As said before, we are inbetween seasons now, so they have till May to fix the thing.

AW should be hard, it is the PvP Endgame after all!
    And the System shouldn't be around every AW Ending with 3 Boss Kills on each side, hopeing, that you win with the second statistics.

Mentioned before, if you want to see the specific Synergies, add them to the Utility Masteries.
    with them enabled, you see the champs and could also see the synergies of him.
  • Blitzkilla420Blitzkilla420 Posts: 561 ★★★
    will this ever get fixed?
  • Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    khehmist wrote: »
    Why not just unhide the champs and let people work out the synergies?

Hiding the champs adds nothing to the AW. Having to fight the synergies will be a more interesting and skill-based challenge than the luck of guessing at mystery champs.

Hiding the champs adds a lot to AW... With attack bonus being the deciding factor a lot, being able to hide r4/r5 5* is HUGE
    Yeah, hiding adds a lot. You can still make a good guess at who it is, but you have to put in that work to find out. Then, it might not be who you expected and could counter who you brought to lane.