**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Serious Gold Problem Kabam..

124»

Comments

• Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,249 ★★★★★
    Where in that comment did I imply a handout? I said there's nothing that says you have to Rank right away. Meaning if you get a new 5 or 6*, you wait until you accumulate more Gold. If people are spending until they're broke, that's not the fault of the game. We all have to wait to Rank Champs. If you don't want to wait, you spend until you have nothing left. Those are the options. You don't need a Roster of 6*s and a Top Tier Ally to understand how to manage money properly.
  • Options
    CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    CoatHang3r wrote: »
    There are more and more people growing into a higher demand of gold without easily getting that supply of gold.
    Why should it be easy to obtain that level of gold? Typically as you progress though an rpg it costs more effort at higher levels, not less.

Because they are naturally growing into that level with Kabam increasing the sources of 5*, 6* shards and catalysts. From a design perspective, it doesn’t make for a happy player experience to hit that gold brick wall. Many players aren’t trying to progress faster than intended, they could be playing at the same activity level as always and be gaining more shards/catalysts than before.
    Are you saying that 2*-6* should all require the same time commitment to level regardless of power level? Again typically more power requires more effort. However to get a 6* to the power equiv of a 5* does take 50% less gold. Sounds like at least 6s have been accounted for.

If they are acquring more shards than ever do they also have greater access to iso8 they can sell? That is an increase in gold availability.

I just sold 7 days worth of iso8 from duping every 4* and lower plus general quest iso8, got 600k gold. If youre at the level of solely focusing on the high star levels it appears you make quite a bit toward that from just acquiring the previous star levels and still have other auxiliary sources of gold beyond that.

• Options
    LovingkidLovingkid Posts: 330 ★★
    But the thing is i want to and kabam should be giving more options to get gold atleast. Its like saying you are poor so you shouldn't spend at all and keep on saving this is not cool i was poor for t1a and went in a map 3 doing alliance and there were people who had expiring t1a and this is the thing there will always be something in this game which you need whether it be t1a or t4cc or t2@ or t5b or other rank up material and when you think you have all, the gold problem will strike it is just another way to control summoner which is saddening.
  • Options
    Batman05Batman05 Posts: 351 ★★
    The game is not setup so just one thing will give you everything you need like a gold relem would. It's a game where you need to play diffrent areas to get the rewards you want. They have added more ways to get gold but you have to play to get them. They have gave aq map rewards which is gold and battle chips. Now they have aw rewards where you get gold back. They have added more quests like uncollected which give gold. So there more story quests you can do and get more gold now. There are more arenas than ever and you can get some gold but lots of battle chips to open crystals which give gold. That also gives more shards which gives crystals which gives charters which gives more gold and iso which can be sold for more gold. All these give points in solo events which gives gold crystals and quest crystals. Yes people who just ask for a gold relem are wanting an easy ticket to play the game when there is a lot more ways to get gold than before. Is gold scare no it's in the game and can be farmed like all resources.
  • Options
    MoiraD wrote: »
    Where in that comment did I imply a handout? I said there's nothing that says you have to Rank right away. Meaning if you get a new 5 or 6*, you wait until you accumulate more Gold. If people are spending until they're broke, that's not the fault of the game. We all have to wait to Rank Champs. If you don't want to wait, you spend until you have nothing left. Those are the options. You don't need a Roster of 6*s and a Top Tier Ally to understand how to manage money properly.

You should take your car in to the shop, since I think your alignment is off, because you keep veering off topic.

That's not off-topic at all. You just disagree. Which is fine. We don't have to agree.
  • Options
    Mmx1991Mmx1991 Posts: 674 ★★★★
    Mmx1991 wrote: »
    That's my prudent reserve. I don't go below 2 Mil. If I do, it's not by much. I keep it because I don't want to get in a situation where I don't have Gold.

What happens if you need more?

Your strategy to sit on money as a permanent solution to being poor does not make any sense. Eventually you will run out of money and starve.

No you don't. You're in control of what you spend. It's quite simple, actually. Live within your means. I choose to have a prudent reserve incase I need Gold for AQ or running the Arena, general purposes. Anything above that, I use for Ranking. If I need 100k for Ranking, I make it first. If I need 2 Mil, same deal. All it takes is some patience and effort to wait before going all out. No one is forcing anyone to spend all their Gold at once.

I understand the concept of SAVING

You don't understand the concept of INFLATION

Unless you plan on spending the rest of your MCOC existence rolling around with 3* and 4*s, you will eventually have to start ranking up 5* and 6*s too, and THEY COST A LOT MORE relative to gold income.
  • Options
    HulksmasshhHulksmasshh Posts: 742 ★★★
    There are more and more people growing into a higher demand of gold without easily getting that supply of gold.
    Why should it be easy to obtain that level of gold? Typically as you progress though an rpg it costs more effort at higher levels, not less.

Because they are naturally growing into that level with Kabam increasing the sources of 5*, 6* shards and catalysts. From a design perspective, it doesn’t make for a happy player experience to hit that gold brick wall. Many players aren’t trying to progress faster than intended, they could be playing at the same activity level as always and be gaining more shards/catalysts than before.
    Are you saying that 2*-6* should all require the same time commitment to level regardless of power level? Again typically more power requires more effort. However to get a 6* to the power equiv of a 5* does take 50% less gold. Sounds like at least 6s have been accounted for.

If they are acquring more shards than ever do they also have greater access to iso8 they can sell? That is an increase in gold availability.

I just sold 7 days worth of iso8 from duping every 4* and lower plus general quest iso8, got 600k gold. If youre at the level of solely focusing on the high star levels it appears you make quite a bit toward that from just acquiring the previous star levels and still have other auxiliary sources of gold beyond that.

I’m saying that 5* and 6* champions have become more available than ever to the majority of the playerbase. Kabam has scaled up the sources of shards and catalysts from sources like Act V, Uncollected quest, AW seasons, calendars, special events, etc. They have not scaled gold to the same extent, so many players are reaching the point where they are getting more champions than they can level-up, which does not feel ‘fun’ to be limited by gold. That’s the feedback I think most people are trying to give to Kabam here. While some are exaggerating the gold issues and problems they cause, from a design perspective it feels more rewarding to be limited on your catalysts to rank-up a champion than it does on gold - often looked at as a very common resource.

Maybe Kabam purposefully wants players to grind arena to level-up their new 5* and 6* champions, but now those players who perhaps did casual arena before are forced into this situation of grinding arena just to experience progression. Even those who do hardcore arena can be limited on gold based on how they play the game.
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    That's my prudent reserve. I don't go below 2 Mil. If I do, it's not by much. I keep it because I don't want to get in a situation where I don't have Gold.

What happens if you need more?

Your strategy to sit on money as a permanent solution to being poor does not make any sense. Eventually you will run out of money and starve.

No you don't. You're in control of what you spend. It's quite simple, actually. Live within your means. I choose to have a prudent reserve incase I need Gold for AQ or running the Arena, general purposes. Anything above that, I use for Ranking. If I need 100k for Ranking, I make it first. If I need 2 Mil, same deal. All it takes is some patience and effort to wait before going all out. No one is forcing anyone to spend all their Gold at once.

I understand the concept of SAVING

You don't understand the concept of INFLATION

Unless you plan on spending the rest of your MCOC existence rolling around with 3* and 4*s, you will eventually have to start ranking up 5* and 6*s too, and THEY COST A LOT MORE relative to gold income.

Yes, seeing as how I started yesterday, I can't fathom how much it costs. Based on Ranking my 1* Spooderman. I can haz Champs?

I do Rank them. I'm quite aware they cost more to Rank. They are supposed to.
    There is no inflation. The cost hasn't changed because there are more of them, or because there are 6*s now. It's not going up because of Interest. The higher the Rarity, the more it will cost to Rank, and the more you will have to work towards to earn and save. Unless you believe they should cost less than Rarities below them, in which case you may not understand. Just because people have more of them doesn't mean their cost should be lowered, or the means to Rank them increased above the design.
  • Options
    SomeoneElseSomeoneElse Posts: 424 ★★★
    Another topic, another derailment.

Gold is by far the biggest resource problem in the game. I can no longer open crystals because they give me far more resources than I have the gold to use. I would have to sell them before they expire, which makes all of my grinding feel futile. Isn’t the point of the game to earn rewards and get stronger? Sure, we have to use them wisely, but the gold shortage gets us to the point of not using resources at all. It makes all the work feel not very worthwhile. It seems like a lot of people saying that the gold is fine aren’t advanced enough to have the more costly high tier champions. Gold was never a problem for me when I was lower tier because the costs to rank and level up were not nearly as expensive.
  • Options

I’m saying that 5* and 6* champions have become more available than ever to the majority of the playerbase. Kabam has scaled up the sources of shards and catalysts from sources like Act V, Uncollected quest, AW seasons, calendars, special events, etc. They have not scaled gold to the same extent, so many players are reaching the point where they are getting more champions than they can level-up, which does not feel ‘fun’ to be limited by gold. That’s the feedback I think most people are trying to give to Kabam here. While some are exaggerating the gold issues and problems they cause, from a design perspective it feels more rewarding to be limited on your catalysts to rank-up a champion than it does on gold - often looked at as a very common resource.

Maybe Kabam purposefully wants players to grind arena to level-up their new 5* and 6* champions, but now those players who perhaps did casual arena before are forced into this situation of grinding arena just to experience progression. Even those who do hardcore arena can be limited on gold based on how they play the game.
    Uncollected is an additonal gold source.
    Specialty events (modok, BP, etc)are an additional gold source.
    Gold scales up with shards by default, more shards is more gold over time.
    It’s growing pains and that will pass for players as they acquire more heroes.

On arenas players with more 5s are likely playing less arena to hit their milestones/goals thus reducing thier take from arenas. Used to take them 50 fights to achieve thier goals when now it takes them 25 and they stop there instead of continuing on which reduces the ammount of auxiliary gold earned. Combine that with a huge reduction in arena cutoffs and players are taking in less as they are putting less time in all around.

Idk what you consider hardcore grinding but it is impossible to spend the gold from that.
  • Options
    Yes, seeing as how I started yesterday, I can't fathom how much it costs. Based on Ranking my 1* Spooderman. I can haz Champs?

I do Rank them. I'm quite aware they cost more to Rank. They are supposed to.
    There is no inflation. The cost hasn't changed because there are more of them, or because there are 6*s now. It's not going up because of Interest. The higher the Rarity, the more it will cost to Rank, and the more you will have to work towards to earn and save. Unless you believe they should cost less than Rarities below them, in which case you may not understand. Just because people have more of them doesn't mean their cost should be lowered, or the means to Rank them increased above the design.

The game has switched to a 5* and 6* meta at end-game so we have to compensate by ranking more of ours 5*s.

Uncollected monthly are all 6*s. You know what uncollected is, right? Have you done 5.2 yet? 5.1?

Next season of AQ will probably have all 6*s for map 6 or map 7 if they introduce that.

The game is evolving yet our rosters should remain stagnant because gold supply is low?

As the game evolves, our rosters have to evolve with it but were stuck with an outdated gold reward system.

What part of this is so hard to understand. Why do you understand some bits but are unable to make the right connections?
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    Isman1998 wrote: »
    Didn't say you specifically. The point made is that spending habits play a factor. It's simple budgeting. If people are spending for broke and not putting time and effort in to replace it and save it, there will be no Gold.

Why are you so against getting more gold dude? It's not gonna hurt anyone and it's still gonna benefit you. It's like every time someone comes up with an idea to fix aspects of the game you stay shooting them down for no reason.

I'm not against people asking for more Gold. When they start claiming there's a problem with the system and that the cost has changed because there are more Champs, that's not really accurate. They're not taking their own actions and spending habits into account. People are free to ask for what they like. If they're spending all their Gold and not taking time to generate and save more, then the problem isn't exactly with the system. There's a difference between a want and a need. Anytime that's mentioned, it's met with the argument that it's the demand that's changed, or that people should decide who and when to Rank. Fair enough. Rank who you want, when you want. Just as long as you're aware there's a cost, and that cost goes up the higher you Rank. If you want to Rank and go for broke, that's up to you. It doesn't mean the system is flawed. Perhaps the problem isn't Gold at all. It's the increased access to Champs. Somewhere along the lines, people forgot you have to work towards Upgrading Champs.
  • Options
    Didn't say you specifically. The point made is that spending habits play a factor. It's simple budgeting. If people are spending for broke and not putting time and effort in to replace it and save it, there will be no Gold.

Why are you so against getting more gold dude? It's not gonna hurt anyone and it's still gonna benefit you. It's like every time someone comes up with an idea to fix aspects of the game you stay shooting them down for no reason.
    Why are you against earning gold like say everyone else who is at the level in the game you want to be? The ideas people propose and focus on are not so much fixes as they are welfare requiring no significant investment from players for the level of benefits they bring.

Ask for gold, propose ideas, but when someone disagrees or has a counter point that does not mean you need to go on the attack. Do not make **** up to support a narrative and think it will go unchallenged.
  • Options
    Isman1998Isman1998 Posts: 520 ★★★

Why are you against earning gold like say everyone else who is at the level in the game you want to be? The ideas people propose and focus on are not so much fixes as they are welfare requiring no significant investment from players for the level of benefits they bring.

Ask for gold, propose ideas, but when someone disagrees or has a counter point that does not mean you need to go on the attack. Do not make **** up to support a narrative and think it will go unchallenged.

I never went on the attack. Idk how you got that from what I said. I said what I said because people always make suggestions and someone like YOU shoot them down. No need to get your panties in a bunch over a comment. Never said you couldn't disagree. What not you gonna do is come after me like I ain't ish. I don't play that. I don't do disrespect. Also this was an A and B conversation between me and Grounded. You could've read and not commented. Get on with your day and leave me alone.
  • Options
    Isman1998Isman1998 Posts: 520 ★★★

I'm not against people asking for more Gold. When they start claiming there's a problem with the system and that the cost has changed because there are more Champs, that's not really accurate. They're not taking their own actions and spending habits into account. People are free to ask for what they like. If they're spending all their Gold and not taking time to generate and save more, then the problem isn't exactly with the system. There's a difference between a want and a need. Anytime that's mentioned, it's met with the argument that it's the demand that's changed, or that people should decide who and when to Rank. Fair enough. Rank who you want, when you want. Just as long as you're aware there's a cost, and that cost goes up the higher you Rank. If you want to Rank and go for broke, that's up to you. It doesn't mean the system is flawed. Perhaps the problem isn't Gold at all. It's the increased access to Champs. Somewhere along the lines, people forgot you have to work towards Upgrading Champs.

I see what you're saying man. Just some increase would be nice since the gold payout has been basically the same ever since the game came out. I save my gold all the time from the quests and arena and wait to rank up but I still need more. Most of the community feels the same. I don't have time to grind arena because of School and Work during the week and grinding on the weekend just doesn't cut it for me. A solution is needed for players like us and with the solution everyone could take advantage. I see it as a win win for everyone.
  • Options
    You can only say it so many times. Lol. It's like me asking the store to give me more clothes because I don't have time to work.

This analogy is so far off base (like 90% of your other posts).

It's like the 3-6 hours *PER DAY* I log in this damn game outside of arena activity isn't enough. I'm supposed to spend another - what - 4+ hours grinding in arena? On top of the 3-6 I already am for other areas of the game?

I can't imagine how anybody with a full time job can play all aspects of this game AND be grinding arena enough to be secure with gold.

I'm not the kind of person who ranks up every 5* I get...It's quite the opposite, I only have ONE R3 5*, 4 R4's I've acquired over the last YEAR, and just took a 6* to R2. I'm sitting at 3400 gold right now and 800 sold ISO.

It's absolutely ridiculous. And FWIW, I run about 2-3m points each arena too just to get SOME semblance of BCs in my stash.
    It is not out of touch. The argument that people don't have time to Grind for Gold and claim the game has a serious imbalance is the same as not having time to work and claiming the economy is broken. Plus spending habits. People don't pace Ranking. They want to take a 5* to R4 in one go and wonder why they're running out of Gold. A 5* is not A 4*, I don't care what people think about the addition of 6*s. We're not going to Rank one as fast as a 4. The point I'm trying to make is the game isn't always going to accommodate our own personal habits. The Arena is a large source. If people aren't playing it, how can they say it's a major imbalance? People who put more time in get more Gold. That's pretty much how it should be.

You're way out of touch.

Brian Grant is end game, plays arena nonstop all day and he has 5m in gold right now. 4-6 months ago he had 10-15 million.

You don't know what you're talking about.
  • Options
    Oh, well if someone on YouTube has less Gold....Lol.

He no doubt went through it Ranking a bunch of Champs. It will replenish if he holds off on that. Unless there's some kind of leak in Gold I'm unaware of, outside of spending it.
  • Options
    shchong2shchong2 Posts: 2,419 ★★★★
    Love all the comments, as entertaining as all previous Gold related threads. Surprisingly this thread is still opened and not getting closed by a mod asking us to goto the merged thread yet. Maybe it is weekends, and it is the same weekends I spent tens of hours grinding arena (again, like all other weekends), and the gold increase is just sad :(
  • Options
    LovingkidLovingkid Posts: 330 ★★
    This is outrageous . I cant believe there are so many people against the low gold availablity issue dont they frickin understand that it is an issue for hardcore end game players who like to invest time and skill rather then plain money which kabam offers time to time. We want more gold through an event or some new other way if you're against it then i say it again you aren't progressing or you dont have the champs to rank up or ur a noob. This is ridiculous
  • Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Lovingkid wrote: »
    This is outrageous . I cant believe there are so many people against the low gold availablity issue dont they frickin understand that it is an issue for hardcore end game players who like to invest time and skill rather then plain money which kabam offers time to time. We want more gold through an event or some new other way if you're against it then i say it again you aren't progressing or you dont have the champs to rank up or ur a noob. This is ridiculous

I've been free to play for awhile now. I have 2 6*s. My prestige is 7120. I have lots of ranked champs. I hate arena, though I do some milestones and grind at times when I can find the time and ambition. Currently I have neither and haven't touched arena for days. Always have around 11 million gold. I have guys in my alliance with tons of gold and guys with none. Having said that, I currently have 4 t1 alphas. Never have enough. Maybe if I did I'd be short on gold. All that to say it isn't true that only hardcore arena grinders, spenders, and nubes have enough gold. I am none of these and am never short on gold. What is clear is that a low level resource is a bottleneck whether it's alphas or gold and that as many end game players have completed all content, waiting weeks to rank champs which not much else to do in the game is frustrating. I'd like to see more gold and alphas available in the game, though I don't think it needs anything like a weekly gold realm like many have called for. Hell, I'd be happy with alpha shards being available. Almost nothing I do in the game gives T1 alpha shards anymore so I am forever stuck with 3/4th of an alpha.
  • Options
    To be honest, the whole noob argument doesn't hold with me because I've played many games and I don't have one that comes to mind where growth accelerates the higher you go. It's supposed to slow down as you go up. The perception might be that those at the top of the Leaderboard progress faster than others, but they've crossed the threshold where they literally have everything Ranked and have Resources stacked. Their progression is slowest of all because they're waiting for Champs to be added in order to get ahead. The addition of 6*s gave them another Tier to acquire, but there is still a Bottleneck Resource, T5B. Throughout the game, there will always be some limiting Resource that will take more time to accumulate. It just so happens that a number of Players have Cats from running AQ, so that Resource is Gold. The higher the Champs, the longer it will take to farm. If it wasn't Gold, it would shift to another Resource. The argument is that it should be Cats, but let's face it. All you need is the right Ally, and you end up with loads of them. Then it's not a limiting Resource at all, just a Prestige limit. The cost goes up for a reason. Progression shouldn't accelerate as you progress.
  • Options
    _Kill_Switch__Kill_Switch_ Posts: 270 ★★
    You can only say it so many times. Lol. It's like me asking the store to give me more clothes because I don't have time to work.

Not even close.

This game is not like walking up to a store and asking for free clothes because you don't have money.

This game is like a city that is being run by Kabam and they're increasing the rent so badly that everyone's leaving or about to leave.

@Blax4ever said it best:
    The only players sitting on tons of gold are the players who have been grinding the arenas every 2hrs since Kabam introduces them.

Who saw this gold issue coming last April? Maybe I missed those huge discussions going on about “Hey man you better get in those arenas and get your gold stash ready for the increased 5* and new 6*s coming. As the OP said he and many others were sitting on 10-16M in gold, and didn’t see gold as being a problem. One Year later and Brian Grant has less than half the gold he used too. So stop with the grind the arena nonsense, it’s clearly not enough at this point in the game.

If you have an advanced roster, not even a stacked one, maybe 20 5* Champs, it will take you pretty much a year of grinding the arena everyday for 3-5hrs to become gold secure. This is not realistic, when players get tired of being gold poor they will quit. So the clueless people posting about move to a cheaper rent district, that’s a bad analogy. If a critical mass of people move out of a nation, the nation effectively ceases to exist. It’s in the govts best interest to keep its people in country.

Some of this advice being doled out is just tone deaf. It’s like a person living next to a lake full of fish telling a person who lives in a desert he needs to get better at fishing. They want players to log into the game everyday and spend their time pretty much doing nothing, don’t open crystals, don’t rank anyone up, just keep collecting stuff so that in about a year you’ll be able to use it. Are they serious or delusional? Players will leave before they do any of that silliness, and you’ll see more piloting from those who are left trying to do their best to protect their meaningless gold fortunes.

God tier words right here!
  • Options
    Hi all! Please remember that it's against our forum rules to make non-constructive posts or to go off-topic as this thread has. Because of this, I'm going to go ahead and close the thread as most people are no longer discussing the original purpose of it. Feel free to leave your comments about gold in other already existing threads and remember to stay on topic!
This discussion has been closed.