**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

I Don't Like the Thanos Boss Battle in Uncollected [Mod Edited Title]

13»

Comments

• Vegeta9000Vegeta9000 Posts: 204 ★★
    Eh, 4 single revives used on the uncollected one, just kept restarting the quest till i got the first one down solo. Death touch was a pain, especially since this thanos seems like a ****, just runs away and blocks. All in all could have been worse.
  • Animejay70Animejay70 Posts: 400 ★★★
    The uncollected Thanos was harder than the typical monthly quest boss, but not totally unreasonable by any stretch. It was a nice challenging, enjoyable fight. Kudos guys!

Thank you for only having to do that once.
  • Tropical_ChrisTropical_Chris Posts: 137
    RoninBR wrote: »
    Without blade, isn’t that fun.
    I have no problem using resources, I understand the challenge.
    But imo this is for Blade players.

I personally dont like the blade argument. It gives you a victim mindset not wanting to even try. It's day 1 and sounds like you've already given up.
  • PeacockJazzPeacockJazz Posts: 120
    I loved the fight. It was challenging and forced you to use a variety of skills and even learn some new ones. Thank you for making it only 2 fights and not much energy. I was able to run the path 3 times and used all five champs for practice before boosting up and getting through on my 4th try. Only had to use 2 revives to complete the uncollected. Super challenging, skill based fights. It was a lot of fun. PS if you can not intercept well, the thanos fights will cost you a lot of potions.
  • KnightarthusKnightarthus Posts: 419 ★★★
    edited May 2018
    One hard fight is better than the tedious exploration doing 7 runs. If anything I would rather see more short paths with hard fights than tedious boring exploration running the same quest 7 times. Exploration should be limited to 3 times with harder fights. I would love to see the next LOL type quest with 3 paths total. Would be much more motivated to do it.
  • MarzGrooveMarzGroove Posts: 903 ★★★
    edited May 2018
    BEST BOSS FIGHT EVER!
  • kraioszerokraioszero Posts: 148
    Akhilxcx wrote: »
    Cinematics in between fights wow kabam i thought you couldn't go more lower but apparently i was wrong

Those were added after our play tests to actually make this fight easier. Without the cinematics, he just activated his different modes without any warning, continuing his unrelenting assault.

EDIT: Grammar

Just to be sure...

So most of the time the player is the one on the attack mode because if not, he/she would loose, right?

Then how can a cinematic interrupting your attack (most of the time - because of the first establishment) and restarting all the process by putting your hero at the beginning of the scenario and also restarting the fighting/attacking process make the fight easier?

Wouldn't it be a lot more easier to add a "punch up and shine" animation to show this activation?
  • Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    kraioszero wrote: »
    Cinematics in between fights wow kabam i thought you couldn't go more lower but apparently i was wrong

Those were added after our play tests to actually make this fight easier. Without the cinematics, he just activated his different modes without any warning, continuing his unrelenting assault.

Just to be sure...

So most of the time the player is the one on the attack mode because if not, he/she would loose, right?

Then how can a cinematic interrupting your attack (most of the time - because of the first establishment) and restarting all the process by putting your hero at the beginning of the scenario and also restarting the fighting/attacking process make the fight easier?

Wouldn't it be a lot more easier to add a "punch up and shine" animation to show this activation?

Imagine in the middle of a combo he goes unstoppable. Imagine middle of a combo, he triggers that blood armor.
  • charaderdude2charaderdude2 Posts: 1,530 ★★★
    Primmer79 wrote: »

Just to be sure...

Imagine in the middle of a combo he goes unstoppable. Imagine middle of a combo, he triggers that blood armor.

Imagine middle of you getting clipped,He activates deathtouch
  • AkhilxcxAkhilxcx Posts: 255 ★★
    Imagine in the middle of fight you are about to land a last hit on him and bam death touch
  • Jh_DezJh_Dez Posts: 1,305 ★★★
    I sincerely hate the inverted controls
    How does it work
  • UC439UC439 Posts: 261
    Why can't you just keep a game simple? With all these complex characters and mechanisms the game day by day becoming a brain torture not a relaxer.
    Have to check long list of complex abilities just to play a game is basically nonsense. (Keep your "quit the game" opinions to yourselves).
    UC439 wrote: »
    Why can't you just keep a game simple? With all these complex characters and mechanisms the game day by day becoming a brain torture not a relaxer.
    Have to check long list of complex abilities just to play a game is basically nonsense. (Keep your "quit the game" opinions to yourselves).

quit the game then
  • superunknown012superunknown012 Posts: 413 ★★
    Soooooo, what was the original title of this thread?
    Mcord117 wrote: »
    Getting better but still backing out w6ugprk8hppz.png

I really don’t like the blood armor, the window where it is safe to attack is so incredibly small. Think I am going to switch Hawkeye out and bring my 6* cable next try so if I bleed he degens

Not sure what you have available, but quake worked well for me to start the fight.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian

Just to be sure...

To summarize what other people said, it is better for a cut scene to interrupt your combos rather than an infinity stone activation interrupting your combos and killing you.

That is what the cinematic cut scene does, with the extra added bonus of allowing you to automatically not be standing next to Thanos when this happens.
  • EvangelionlovrEvangelionlovr Posts: 470 ★★★
    Mcord117 wrote: »
    JC_ wrote: »
    @RoninBR

How does blade affect his abilities? I haven’t started the new EQ yet.

He is a vilan. Danger sense

However in his champion notes it’s stated that he’s immune to Power manipulation and Ability Accuracy reduction. Blade is just ultra handy for his Well Timed Block Bleed triggers, the Power Gain that follows and Regeneration.

jp089ev7zu1p.png

Blade also gets a huge damage boost.
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    Jh_Dez wrote: »
    I sincerely hate the inverted controls
    How does it work

@Jh_Dez Inverted controls reverses your attack and movement controls. When the effect is active back becomes attack and forward becomes dash back, but block remains the same. If you intercept an attack while the effect is active controls return to normal. When Thanos #1 uses his sp2, the trick is to evade the 1st projectile normally, then evade the 2nd and 3rd projectiles as if controls are reversed (dash attack input).

The hardest part of inverted controls is when Thanos dashes in to attack right as the effect is about to wear off. When this happens the safest play is to block or parry because if you try to dash back right after inverted controls wear off you’ll get hit. It takes practice, but the sp2 projectiles are slow and spaced out enough to evade them easily with practice.

IMO the hardest part of 3.2.2 is the final form of Thanos #2. That form of Thanos activates “deathtouch”, which KOs your champion if any contact is made. You have to create distance to avoid getting KO, which can be difficult because the AI has become very effective at using dash attacks the instant you back up to create space.