**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Vanquishing Blows, Too Time Consuming [Merged Threads]

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    DroidDoes wrote: »
    Another thought I had (call it a complaint if you will haha, but meant to be an observation): right now, the tech combat solo event is also live. In past Vanquishing Blows events, since they weren't class-specific for what champs you used, you could be achieving points in both solo events at the same time. Now that we will have to use a specific class, that option is off the table most times, making us either choose to focus on one or the other (time permitting), or spend more energy/time in arenas to try and accomplish both. And yes, the common counter argument to this would l be “focus on the rewards best for you, you don’t have to participate in every event offered, etc”...but given that we’ve never had to make that choice before, why must we now?

We're Human Beings and we can't always do everything all at once. Lol. That'd be the reason that comes to mind for me.
  • DroidDoesDroidDoes Posts: 401 ★★
    Brandonius wrote: »
    Nobody mentioned that having Tech Combat on during this makes it double suck? Choose the event you want to score points in. I would think this was an oversight, but then Kabam. Working as intended.

Sorry, was wrapping up my post while you were making yours! Glad I wasn’t the only one who thought of this 👍
  • BrandoniusBrandonius Posts: 292
    The point is there is too much content for any reasonable person to achieve. And it is getting "worse". Most people I know that play want to complete everything and Kabam is making more and more difficult every day. Who wants to know they cannot complete the content they want to? Set someone up for failure and they will fail. More and more people are quitting each day and this is a classic reason as to why.
  • DroidDoesDroidDoes Posts: 401 ★★
    DroidDoes wrote: »
    Another thought I had (call it a complaint if you will haha, but meant to be an observation): right now, the tech combat solo event is also live. In past Vanquishing Blows events, since they weren't class-specific for what champs you used, you could be achieving points in both solo events at the same time. Now that we will have to use a specific class, that option is off the table most times, making us either choose to focus on one or the other (time permitting), or spend more energy/time in arenas to try and accomplish both. And yes, the common counter argument to this would l be “focus on the rewards best for you, you don’t have to participate in every event offered, etc”...but given that we’ve never had to make that choice before, why must we now?

We're Human Beings and we can't always do everything all at once. Lol. That'd be the reason that comes to mind for me.

But my point is, before, we COULD. Right now, if it were the old style of VB events, you could be using tech champs, finishing the fights with a sp2, and getting points in both events. But since the rules have changed for these new VB events, you’re not able to score in both. And the only reason to that is because Kabam changed the requirements. So we as human beings could’ve spent the time to work on both in the past, and now, unless they luckily line up at the same time, we can’t. I think that’s a more than fair point to bring up, which shouldn’t be immediately dismissed with the “no one person has to do all the content offered” rebuttal.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian
    The point is there is too much content for any reasonable person to achieve. And it is getting "worse". Most people I know that play want to complete everything and Kabam is making more and more difficult every day. Who wants to know they cannot complete the content they want to? Set someone up for failure and they will fail. More and more people are quitting each day and this is a classic reason as to why.

More content than I could ever hope to complete is precisely my idea of the ideal game. No game has ever died because it had too much content. The gaming graveyard is piled high with games that died because they had too little.
  • MarzGrooveMarzGroove Posts: 903 ★★★
    Hmmm let's see... 2 ways to get L1 revives per day? Sign me up!
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 wrote: »

More content than I could ever hope to complete is precisely my idea of the ideal game. No game has ever died because it had too much content. The gaming graveyard is piled high with games that died because they had too little.

Not when that content has finite rewards tied to them and require you to complete them all to get the top reward.
  • Blax4everBlax4ever Posts: 683 ★★★
    edited May 2018
    And out come the thread trolls

Not when that content has finite rewards tied to them and require you to complete them all to get the top reward.

I don't see how that changes anything. It would be nonsensical if the only way a game had a lot of content was for the majority of it to contain no rewards. There are many games that have competitive elements to them, and it is impossible to compete in every single one of them simultaneously. I have never considered that to be a flaw.
  • JRock808JRock808 Posts: 1,149 ★★★★
    edited May 2018
    There is such a thing as too many choices, or in this case too much content. When you have more than a normal amount to choose from, people tend to hesitate or not make any choice at all in fear of making the wrong one.

Too much content can be daunting, especially to newer players that don't know how to best focus their efforts and have more limited resources, I.e. energy, to spend on those choices or that content.

I remember the Christmas in 2016 I think it was where we had multiple events, gold realm and halls of healing all going at once and it took everything I had to make the most of it. That pales in comparison to what there is today. And while I am able to better focus my time and effort at this point, there was a time when I was not.

Let’s just hope pym canisters don’t come back with the wasp!
  • JRock808JRock808 Posts: 1,149 ★★★★
    the problem comes from the player's mentality of having to earn every single reward on every single event

There is also the issue that the rewards being offered are generally the most expensive, most elusive and/or most desired available. 5* crystals and gems are the most sought after things in the game and to put them on display at the top of a mountain is going to lead many to try and climb it, most of which will run out of oxygen half way up. The rest of us will just suffer the brain damage it causes...
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    That's half the problem. When you're focused on the most expensive Item, it can seem too much. I let go of the Gem in the first week, and I don't stress about it anymore.
  • DNA3000 wrote: »

Most resources can mainly be achieved in specific events and rarely overlap in a significant way:

Dark artifacts - you want them? dungeons are the only way

Infinity dust - dungeons, and now van blows

Gold - many areas gives small or slightly decent amounts, but the best way is arena rewards haven't scaled to the demands of the game

5* shards - hit 10.5m in feature arena

T3C - need t3c? daily T3c quest which barely gives anything. might need to run it 9 times to form a crystal.

T4b - arena every (9?) days and daily t4b quest which is becoming hard considering the energy expenditures needed for other stuff. can use glory.

T1a- every 9 days or using glory if you haven't burned them on t4b.

You need to do all of these things to *meaningfully* grow your roster. Shards to form champions, catalysts to rank them up, and gold to rank them up. And they all need separate tasks.

This is a case where too much content actually is too much content when you have to do them all.

Most resources can mainly be achieved in specific events and rarely overlap in a significant way:

Dark artifacts - you want them? dungeons are the only way

Infinity dust - dungeons, and now van blows

Gold - many areas gives small or slightly decent amounts, but the best way is arena rewards haven't scaled to the demands of the game

5* shards - hit 10.5m in feature arena

T3C - need t3c? daily T3c quest which barely gives anything. might need to run it 9 times to form a crystal.

T4b - arena every (9?) days and daily t4b quest which is becoming hard considering the energy expenditures needed for other stuff. can use glory.

T1a- every 9 days or using glory if you haven't burned them on t4b.

You need to do all of these things to *meaningfully* grow your roster. Shards to form champions, catalysts to rank them up, and gold to rank them up. And they all need separate tasks.

This is a case where too much content actually is too much content when you have to do them all.

Different players need different things at different times, and I doubt anyone *needs* to do all of this. For example, I'm not doing dungeons often, and it hasn't halted my progress. And I only do T3C dailies at the end of the month when I've done everything and I'm just burning extra energy: there are lots of other ways those things just fall in my lap. And for the purposes of this discussion I don't really consider the 5* featured, the T4 basic and the alpha arena events all different things: they all occupy the same mental slot called "arena grinding" and I suspect most arena grinders see it similarly as the same activity directed into different events.

If you are doing AQ, AW, the regular monthly event, and grinding the 5* featured for the shards, you're probably not running into any major progression bottlenecks that aren't just fundamental bottlenecks everyone else is unavoidably facing. Everything else is gravy on top. It might be very good gravy, but it isn't show-stoppingly necessary.
  • CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    Why kabam is doing this to us??? Why???

We have families, jobs and real life. Come on we need common sense here.
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★

I don't see how that changes anything. It would be nonsensical if the only way a game had a lot of content was for the majority of it to contain no rewards. There are many games that have competitive elements to them, and it is impossible to compete in every single one of them simultaneously. I have never considered that to be a flaw.

FINITE rewards. It's not like act 5 where the rewards are there for whenever you want the, You HAVE to do them EVERY day or those rewards are gone forever.

FINITE rewards. It's not like act 5 where the rewards are there for whenever you want the, You HAVE to do them EVERY day or those rewards are gone forever.

I did mention COMPETITIONS which fall under the category of what you are describing as "finite rewards." In games with many different competitive events, each with a reward that is only awarded at the conclusion of that event, even if it is not possible to participate and have a chance at winning all of them I don't consider that to be an automatic flaw.
  • I_ZERO_II_ZERO_I Posts: 104
    There are types of rewards for all levels of players. More than anything I hear people posting why they can’t get the best rewards for less effort.

I hope Kabam doesn’t give in. Sets bad precedents and people start to expect Kabam to roll over.
  • AquarDragon65AquarDragon65 Posts: 189
    This format RUINS my Favorite "Hero Use" type of Event!!! Vanquishing Blow WAS a perfect way to Reward (especially w' current Special Types of Rewards) hardcore Players for maxing out their gameplay!!!

By limiting to only 1 of 6 classes, this New Format makes it near impossible to achieve Milestones! A Cosmic Special 2 Vanquishing Blow means 83.3% of anyone's Heroes have Zero chance of gaining points in this event!!!

IMHO, this is moronic and disheartening... to the point of my being completely disillusioned and turned off playing the game!!! I love how the game challenges players to max-out rewards... the analysis aspect of "Skill Combat..." or Mutant Advancement" encourages me to adjust who, when & where I play within the game!

Vanquishing Blows makes me also adjust HOW I play!!! That Extra adjustment made me a Better Player when I first saw it last November! And made me want to play more!!!

This Current Event has discouraged me to the point that I have turned it off! I HATE that players who have more Cosmic Heroes are rewarded more than others and would understand when others are just as discouraged when the Event would become only " Mutant Special 3"... an event where I could achieve Rank Rewards in a few hours!!!!

Having been Kabammed on a regular basis... and seeing game issues like internal "Chat Line" issues unfixed... and then exponentially made worse by new Major events (Dungeons) being added, without fixing current MAJOR FLAWS... shows that the Culture at Kabam HQ. .. is Not on Maximizing Enjoyment of Loyal Players (by minimizing flaws)... but on Creating new Gameplay Elements!!! All the while building new floors in a skyscraper with entire "Floors" being sub-standard and weakening the Entire Structure!

WHY... is there not enough time taken to do it right, before introduction? ... But there's time to go backwards to fix Major Flaws.... later??? After hundreds have had gameplay issues blow up in their face!!! (Remember, for every player that actually takes (has) the time to Register a Complaint with Kabam... there are 10,000 other players with the Identical problem, who don't have the time, Know-How, or Will... to make their problems known!!! This is a Global Game with Global proportions!!

And soon, we'll have "Adrenaline"!!! GAWD HELP US!!!

Kabam... congratulations... I'm taking a break and will likely play about 25-40 % of my Normal Gameplay... I won't ignore my Alliance Teammates, but Kabam won't be getting another $50 next month! (YES... I've spent that much every month for a while... not anymore!!!)

Most Sincerely and Emphatically stated as I can manage!!!
  • Maat1985Maat1985 Posts: 2,237 ★★★★
    Its funny.....
    Really funny.....
    People complain for any and every reason....
    Heck like this thread, even complain for no reason.....

It is hilarious is the fact everyone is complaing cus it is not as easy do as previous vanquishing blows..... yes it is not as easy but the milestones are also less than half....

What is the most hilarious thing is this....

everyone is comapring it to previous vanquishing blows events... if kabam instead called it “Thanos’ Wrath” there would be nowhere near the same complaints because it would be a new event....
  • I_ZERO_II_ZERO_I Posts: 104
    They would still complain it’s not easy to get everything for nothing.
    Ifnit ws a new event the complaints would be simple like this

“Omg this new event sucks”

But because it is a modified prior event the complaints are like this

“Omfg seriously!!! F kabam!!! Aholes!!! Ruin everything!!!! They destroy the game!!! They destroy my life!!!! Why do they do this to me!!! I hate this game!!!!”

Lol....
    Its simple like this.....

If you want the rewards.... do the event....
    If you dont want the rewards.... dont do the event....

If you dont have time to do the event... well sorry but the rewards cant be given to you....

If you are not good enough to do the event.... keep trying and one day you will get there....

This is true for everything in life.....
  • MalekithMalekith Posts: 29
    Ya this is dumbest thing you guys have done a while. At least make it fun
    Maat1985 wrote: »
    Its funny.....
    Really funny.....
    People complain for any and every reason....
    Heck like this thread, even complain for no reason.....

It is hilarious is the fact everyone is complaing cus it is not as easy do as previous vanquishing blows..... yes it is not as easy but the milestones are also less than half....

What is the most hilarious thing is this....

everyone is comapring it to previous vanquishing blows events... if kabam instead called it “Thanos’ Wrath” there would be nowhere near the same complaints because it would be a new event....

Milestones are cut by 50% but available champs to use are cut by 83%, sounds like a much better event!

I know that math is hard, but at least try.

First of all i never said it was was better...
    Secondly take into account the fact that a one star gets the same points as as a 5* so before you were limited to 4 and 5* to get reasonable points.... now you are not....