**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Vanquishing Blows, Too Time Consuming [Merged Threads]

Comments

• Maat1985Maat1985 Posts: 2,237 ★★★★
    Look at it this way......

Yes u can bust your ass and try and get all milestones and maximise your rewards....

Or you can keep playing exactly as you were yesterday and enjoy whatever bonus rewards this event happens to give you that you would have got if this even never existed....

Or somewhere in between those two ways of looking at it...
  • Kenshir0Kenshir0 Posts: 1
    It was so stupid that I couldn't even believe it...
    And fyi

Yes i prefered the last style of vanquishing blow event.
    But where is the problem here??? This event still gives me stuff i wouldnt have had yesterday....
    so if i had a choice i would choose thenprevious one... but i will happily accept this temporary addition to my gameplay.
  • TacoScottyTacoScotty Posts: 407 ★★
    RTL first couple maps with hyperion. 75 energy, wait for them to beat on you to get L2 (his power gain speeds it up) -> extremely boring but do while eating / watching TV and just wait for L2 and hit it. Even if they block they die

That being said I was never a fan of these. The old ones yes gave more points but you needed a lot more for milestones. I expect this will be one of the few I do the milestones
  • MalekithMalekith Posts: 29
    What do you guys meetings go like? “Let’s see if we can dangle the most boring event ever created out in front of these guys just to see if they’ll do it. Maybe we can see a massive spike in Hyperion use from our data. Alright sounds like a plan. Make it happen”
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,554 Guardian
    Maat1985 wrote: »
    Its funny.....
    Really funny.....
    People complain for any and every reason....
    Heck like this thread, even complain for no reason.....

It is hilarious is the fact everyone is complaing cus it is not as easy do as previous vanquishing blows..... yes it is not as easy but the milestones are also less than half....

What is the most hilarious thing is this....

everyone is comapring it to previous vanquishing blows events... if kabam instead called it “Thanos’ Wrath” there would be nowhere near the same complaints because it would be a new event....

Milestones are cut by 50% but available champs to use are cut by 83%, sounds like a much better event!

I know that math is hard, but at least try.

The top milestone used to be 832,000 compared to 300,000 now. Of course, its impossible to do a direct comparison of the reward value between the events, but the top milestone is now 36% of the previous event. Since the points are now constant it takes exactly 75 successful completions to reach the top milestone. In the previous event the points were variable depending on star rating, from 4200 points possible (1*) to 6000 points possible with the vanquishing blow bonus. It would take at least 139 completions with vanquishing blow to reach the maximum milestone.

Technically speaking, it is theoretically faster to reach the top milestone in the current event if you dedicate effort to it. However, very significantly, in the previous event you could earn points without actually managing to strike the correct vanquishing blow so you were always accruing points no matter what you did. The current event will be harder for players to reach the top milestone if they don't dedicate effort to it, and could be easier to reach for players that do dedicate effort to it (and can reliably strike vanquishing blows).
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    Its funny.....
    Really funny.....

It is hilarious is the fact everyone is complaing cus it is not as easy do as previous vanquishing blows..... yes it is not as easy but the milestones are also less than half....

everyone is comapring it to previous vanquishing blows events... if kabam instead called it “Thanos’ Wrath” there would be nowhere near the same complaints because it would be a new event....

Milestones are cut by 50% but available champs to use are cut by 83%, sounds like a much better event!

First of all i never said it was was better...
    Secondly take into account the fact that a one star gets the same points as as a 5* so before you were limited to 4 and 5* to get reasonable points.... now you are not....

Totally, using 1* champs over 5* champs totally makes up for only being able to use one class.
    ArmandStar wrote: »
    complain threads always have people complaining about the complaints. that's funny too

True....
    I am just voicing my opinion same as others....
    Its funny.....
    Really funny.....

First of all i never said it was was better...
    Secondly take into account the fact that a one star gets the same points as as a 5* so before you were limited to 4 and 5* to get reasonable points.... now you are not....

Totally, using 1* champs over 5* champs totally makes up for only being able to use one class.

No but using a 3* may help.... maybe plaing beginner quest or arena grinding, or for newer players.....
    A 3* being same points as a 4 and 5 is a pretty big deal.
    edited May 2018
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    Its funny.....
    Really funny.....

The top milestone used to be 832,000 compared to 300,000 now. Of course, its impossible to do a direct comparison of the reward value between the events, but the top milestone is now 36% of the previous event. Since the points are now constant it takes exactly 75 successful completions to reach the top milestone. In the previous event the points were variable depending on star rating, from 4200 points possible (1*) to 6000 points possible with the vanquishing blow bonus. It would take at least 139 completions with vanquishing blow to reach the maximum milestone.

Technically speaking, it is theoretically faster to reach the top milestone in the current event if you dedicate effort to it. However, very significantly, in the previous event you could earn points without actually managing to strike the correct vanquishing blow so you were always accruing points no matter what you did. The current event will be harder for players to reach the top milestone if they don't dedicate effort to it, and could be easier to reach for players that do dedicate effort to it (and can reliably strike vanquishing blows).

How about we talk about reality? A normal arena run would net most of the rewards in the old event. Now on that same time in game in get 1/6 the points. So in REAL time, I have to auto fight RTTL for 30 min to make up for the lost points.

Add that to the 30-45 min I have to spend on dungeons and 5 min on the mini events and that's over an hour of grinding on top of a normal arena/aq/aw day. How is that so hard for you to understand?
    Not All rewards a free

Sometimes you gotta adjust your gameplay if you wanna maximise rewards....

And also these are bonus rewards you can get that you
    couldnt get yesterday

Is that so hard for you to understand?

If you dont have time to do what is required for these rewards then you will have to unfortunately settle for the amount you can do. I know i will not get top milestone today. I am busy grinding arena for cap iw and cant afford to risk losing a fight by trying to finish with a sp2.
  • Blax4everBlax4ever Posts: 683 ★★★
    If you have played this game for any meaningful length of time the one thing you will notice is that Kabam has a particular philosophy when it comes to the games resources. The more the useful the item is, the less likely it will be for a casual player.

In Kabam theory a casual player is anyone who puts in less than 5hrs per day playing. If you put in a minimum of 5hrs everyday you will get most of the stuff in the game anything less than that, well they consider that giving things away for free. The player base is divided over this with 99% saying the game requires too much time to progress and the other 1% live at home with their parents.

So asking Kabam to shorten the length of time it takes to acquire something meaningful in the game is asking them to against their current philosophy. They would rather you just quit than accommodate a request like that.
  • ArcDeAngelusArcDeAngelus Posts: 209
    Poorly executed as you can only get it with cosmics finishing with a spec2. No bonuses for sheer volume or higher star champs, there needs to be more ways to gain points.

Side note - RTTL 1 just take a bunch of hits and keep an eye out for when you reach spec2, most efficient way from last time this was a thing.
  • DNA3000 wrote: »
    Different players need different things at different times,

^This assertion is true, but it doesn't say much. Many players need many things if their progression is to move forward reasonably well. There are too many resources to juggle and they're all important.

For example, I'm not doing dungeons often, and it hasn't halted my progress.

For many who are desperately trying to dupe their 5* god tier champ or get one in the first place, doing all dungeons will give them possibly three 1-in-10 chance shots at getting or duping a champ that can really progress them, which is huge, as opposed to the 1 in ~90 chance they normally get through the 5* basic crystal.

A second major benefit of doing "it all" is for a chance at that 5* awakening gem crystal, which can do the same: awaken their god tier champ and progress them.

Dungeons and vanquishing blows can significantly boost someone's roster.

And for the purposes of this discussion I don't really consider the 5* featured, the T4 basic and the alpha arena events all different things: they all occupy the same mental slot called "arena grinding" and I suspect most arena grinders see it similarly as the same activity directed into different events.

You can label them as arena grinding in your head but they all require time and doing one doesn't add points to the other.

In fact, doing multiple arena at the same time requires more time if your 5*s are stuck in 5* feature as opposed to using them in t4b.
  • Nickname207Nickname207 Posts: 241
    When i see the announcement that there are many ways to get Dust, i was like "Yay looking forward to this!! Thanks Kabam". I started the game after the last vaquishing blows and missed it, but watched videos on utube and those events are great and not this specific.

Then dungeons showed up, then now blows... I can only see my Dust flying away slowly, and all my plan about what to spend on now gone with it... Yup i abandoned dungeons (unless my friends invite) and now maybe Blows events too :)
    It sounds like everyone here would be happier if kabam did nothing????

It sounds like the best thing here would be to not have bought the vanquishing blows in....
    Without them we get 0 rewards
    With them you might get 0 or you might get lots....
    Whatever i end up getting although it may be dissapointing if i think about how much i could have got at top milestones, it will be awesome and exciting if i instead compare it to the 0 rewards i was getting prior to this event....
    It sounds like everyone here would be happier if kabam did nothing????

It sounds like the best thing here would be to not have bought the vanquishing blows in....
    Without them we get 0 rewards
    With them you might get 0 or you might get lots....
    Whatever i end up getting although it may be dissapointing if i think about how much i could have got at top milestones, it will be awesome and exciting if i instead compare it to the 0 rewards i was getting prior to this event....

Nothing is ever free. This game gets your time and or money.

And it's zero-sum down to it's core. You can spend all night and day going for rewards but you can never get ahead of the meta by spending or grinding.

The value of rewards are inherently diminished by being released in the first place.

The more they supply us of something, the less value it has, and the more likely it is to be replaced by the "next big thing". This game is a hamster wheel and we're running in circles yet most players think they're actually getting ahead. They're not.

To a point you are correct.....

Which leads me to this simple attitude....

Play the game for what it is....
    Enjoy the game for what it it....

Play the game to have fun....
    Have fun whilst playing the game....

Enjoy what you have cus no matter what you have you will always want something more....

TL:DR.... worry less just play the game and have fun thats what games are for after all....
  • Maat1985 wrote: »
    To a point you are correct.....

Which leads me to this simple attitude....

Play the game for what it is....
    Enjoy the game for what it it....

Play the game to have fun....
    Have fun whilst playing the game....

Enjoy what you have cus no matter what you have you will always want something more....

TL:DR.... worry less just play the game and have fun thats what games are for after all....

I like what you're saying but that's very a difficult proposal given how this game is designed.

For most players, the motivation to play is dictated almost entirely by extreme thirst for better champs.

If the game is designed from the ground up to induce rabid thirst from players and thirst is the main motivator, you can't reasonably expect them to reverse that reaction and play this as if it was a normal game. Because it's not.
  • SuperChronaSuperChrona Posts: 296
    edited May 2018
    I like the idea of combining class with a specifict blow, but there should be more option to score points, so that it doesn't become an extra thing to do in the game, but something you can work into your fights. So here are my suggestion:

Cosmic with ending SP2 --> 4000
    Mystic with ending light attack --> 4000
    Science with ending SP1 --> 4000
    Skill with ending heavy attack --> 4000
    Mutant with endning medium attack --> 4000
    Tech with ending SP3 --> 4000

Each day the class and ending blow should change. That way you can work it into your quest, or arena fights and each fight gives different option to end with a bonus attack.

• LoPrestiLoPresti Posts: 1,035 ★★★
    Look at it this way......

Yes u can bust your ass and try and get all milestones and maximise your rewards....

Or you can keep playing exactly as you were yesterday and enjoy whatever bonus rewards this event happens to give you that you would have got if this even never existed....

Or somewhere in between those two ways of looking at it...

But then you won't be able to reach the gem.

Seriously, all of this complaining is mostly because of how high the gem has been set. It 'feels' like Vanquishing Blows and Dungeons are all mandatory to do every day. If I had enough dust to get the gem already after doing event quests then I wouldn't be doing any of these repetitive tasks and i wouldn't have anything to complain about.
  • ACIDUCKACIDUCK Posts: 64
    i think its safe to say we are very much so overwhelmed ar this point
    at*
    everyone knows that gem is a sad and cruel joke
    save yourselves
    10million dust available...... 6.9million for the stone.....

Means you can forgo 3.1 million dust.....
    That could be all of the vanquishing blows......
    Or it could be some dungeons, some vanquishing blows.... whatever.....
    But that is 31% of available dust does not need to be obtained.....
    Or in other words you can get the gem 69% of available dust.....
    Yes it is still alot of dust but it is not everything.....
    Also 5* awakening gem probably the most sought after item in the game and should be damn hard to get....
  • RobinfifthRobinfifth Posts: 56
    As much as I agree with you guys that this is time consuming. Nobody said you had to complete it. If they made it super easy like people are suggesting where you would achieve it without even trying then they might as well just stop creating events and sending us rewards daily for doing nothing. It is meant to be a grinding event if you don't enjoy the event then just don't finish it. I also think that by not increasing points for using higher tier characters they've made this quest doable for everyone rather than saying 6* get double the points of everyone else making it impossibly tedious for the players who really need the rewards to progress.
  • VoluntarisVoluntaris Posts: 1,198 ★★★
    I'm just ignoring Vanq. Blows
  • mostlyharmlessnmostlyharmlessn Posts: 1,387 ★★★★
    That's half the problem. When you're focused on the most expensive Item, it can seem too much. I let go of the Gem in the first week, and I don't stress about it anymore.

This is pretty much where I am at with the entire game. I do what is needed for my alliance, a little arena for donations, and gave up stressing about doing all these other things. Much more enjoyable experience this way.