QUAKE is Broken after 18.0.1.

124»

Comments

  • MetaphorUraniumMetaphorUranium Posts: 81
    UC439 wrote: »
    @UC439 well, most of what you say is accurate. Dexterity interrupting chain heavy charging is a bug needing immediate attention. That bug ruins Quake. The bug that causes Quake to fail to evade while charging heavy is equally problematic. Her failure to proc Aftershock and damage is ridiculous. I haven't seen her throw a heavy instead of evading while heavy is charging, but if that's also a bug then it needs to be fixed ASAP with these others.

    But Kabam making champs who hit twice on the first swing isn't new (like Drax), nor is making champs who hit at different intervals (like both Magnetos, The Collector, Doc Oc, Venom, Venompool, both Cyclopses, Thor Ragnarok, and Hulk Ragnarok). That just makes Quake a challenge, and I actually enjoy trying to figure out the timing of each opponent with my Quake. Also, don't be afraid of Quake's back being against the left wall. That's all I'll say.

    You misinterpreted me. I know the different intervals of champs hitting, quake is my crazy boss killer, so I'm used to the back to wall stuff.
    To include to your list rocket, bb, electro all has different timing, still whatever timing they had was fixed. But now-a-days they are tweaking with the attack timings of both old and new champs (like in every match they are on a different timing, one match antman plays along the rhythm, in next it completely changes its timing). Adding a slight delay in second attack, which makes it a block instead of parry and allowing opponent a full combo chaining to heavy on my block.

    I'm also aware Drax, bw cases. But ^thats what I wanted to say.

    Fair enough. I hope Kabam does the right thing and fixes Quake. It's not fair that they've been leading us along for 1.5 years with her working one way, only to suddenly and stealthily change it up. Hopefully it's an accident and they fix it.
  • MetaphorUraniumMetaphorUranium Posts: 81
    @Kabam Zibiit any update for us? It still glitches and fails to charge heavy after using dexterity. Thanks!
  • MetaphorUraniumMetaphorUranium Posts: 81
    Jeez, the gameplay is so broken right now. I can't justify playing or spending any more money until it's fixed.
  • mugichamugicha Posts: 40
    second after shock is no damage and stun.
    When will kabam fix this bug?

    hajfafdalfaejra fwej4jraf;lj3ero;ljfla
  • MG1213MG1213 Posts: 1
    I am having this issue against Drax every time. She just doesn’t auto evade any of his attacks.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 3,696 ★★★★★
    MG1213 wrote: »
    I am having this issue against Drax every time. She just doesn’t auto evade any of his attacks.

    She won’t. Drax has a double hit attack, which is why he doesn’t trigger Quake’s evade or things like Mordo’s astral evade.

    As an owner of a R4 Quake and a L99 4* Quake, please sort this out. There’s nothing more frustrating than to work for a champ, to learn how to use that champ and to work for materials to rank that champ up—only to have the game team throw some code in that gums it all up, leaving us with promises that a fix is “in the works.”

    Dr. Zola
  • GwendolineGwendoline Posts: 945 ★★★
    DrZola wrote: »
    MG1213 wrote: »
    I am having this issue against Drax every time. She just doesn’t auto evade any of his attacks.

    She won’t. Drax has a double hit attack, which is why he doesn’t trigger Quake’s evade or things like Mordo’s astral evade.

    As an owner of a R4 Quake and a L99 4* Quake, please sort this out. There’s nothing more frustrating than to work for a champ, to learn how to use that champ and to work for materials to rank that champ up—only to have the game team throw some code in that gums it all up, leaving us with promises that a fix is “in the works.”

    Dr. Zola

    Are this two separate comments or do you want them to fix the Drax thing?
  • Rich_RyderRich_Ryder Posts: 238
    edited May 2018
    Update please
  • AnonymousAnonymous Posts: 508 ★★★
    GbSarkar wrote: »
    I also wanted to provide some clarification on this. Quake does need to have a Concussion on the opponent in order to evade their basic attacks.
    False. Quake does not need concussions to evade the opponents basic attacks—at least not the concussion from charging her heavy. The concussion "debuff" icon while charging heavy was added as a visual aid more than a year after her release. Before that, she could evade attacks without a visible concussion debuff icon on the opponent i.e. it was a passive and invisible debuff, which was later changed to be an active debuff for some reason. The concussion debuff icon now probably does nothing other than triggering willpower. (Refer to this post made on Feb 14th this year)

    yiryo5ukz3ah.png
    This screenshot was taken today. Debuff immune rhino in RttL 4.5 (Notice how quake has the green EVADE text despite Rhino being debuff immune)

    Also, please don't try to pass this off as another bug. This is the way Quake has been working since her release which was more than 1.5 years ago. Rather, please try to get a clarification if the concussion debuff icon from charging her heavy does indeed reduce ability accuracy, or can quake do that even without the debuff icon (like she can evade without the active concussion debuff icon). Also, please tell the devs to change the concussion debuff icon from her heavy (not her sp2 or aftershock) to look like a passive concussion debuff (like the one taskmaster has) because this ability of quake behaves as a passive debuff except for the debuff icon triggering willpower, something which quake didn't do earlier. This small and simple change would not break the game, nor will it make Quake OP and would fix some of the visual inconsistencies with her abilities
    An opponent like Agent Venom or a node that gives debuff immunity could keep Quake from inflicting the Concussions she needs to evade
    False again. No champ can currently shrug off Quake's concussion debuff because she reduces all ability accuracy by 100% with her concussion debuff. AV can Quake from evading, but it's because of his passive ability which reduces chance of evading by 50%


    Really shows how little kabam actually knows about their own game. Makes me wonder how many other things are happening in the game that they’re unaware of and if they’ll claim it’s a bug when they find out, then fix it in the next update.
  • DJSergyDJSergy Posts: 170 ★★
    No update on this yet? New version was announced but no mention on Quake bugs smh
  • Blitzkilla420Blitzkilla420 Posts: 561 ★★★
    this is why i will never rank my quake now cause the update broke her
  • furymachine84furymachine84 Posts: 78
    It is not just Quake. I thought SW's abilities affecting her had been fixed? Any time my SW power drains, steal or locks my opponent, it applies the same to her also. She even poisoned herself a few times. And other champion abilities aren't working as they should. My Blade, is only refining once he hits 50% or less health. An even then, it is very random at best. Almost 3 bars of power after getting caught by a Juggs L2 and like 45 seconds went by before Blades regen kicked in.
  • DJSergyDJSergy Posts: 170 ★★
    this is why i will never rank my quake now cause the update broke her

    I agree Quake was going to be my second r5 champ hands down. Now with all the nerfs (or bugs, call it how u want) im even wondering how useful she is at r4 smh
  • mugichamugicha Posts: 40
    no fix????

    quake is trash!!
  • LoPrestiLoPresti Posts: 1,035 ★★★
    Can we get a Quake fix as fast as you've been fixing AA and Magik please? That would be nice
  • MetaphorUraniumMetaphorUranium Posts: 81
    @Kabam Zibiit just checking in to see if there is any update for us.
  • MetaphorUraniumMetaphorUranium Posts: 81
    I'm guessing this is a permanent nerf, then?
  • LoPrestiLoPresti Posts: 1,035 ★★★
    Quake is a lost cause, better abandon ship. Rip to everyone that ranked her.
  • MetaphorUraniumMetaphorUranium Posts: 81
    edited June 2018
    LoPresti wrote: »
    Quake is a lost cause, better abandon ship. Rip to everyone that ranked her.

    Yup. I ranked her to 4/55 in the mistaken belief that Kabam would be transparent about their intentions. However, with the Drax verbiage offered by @Kabam Zibiit on the Drax thread, it's a slippery slope. (http://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/426773/#Comment_426773)

    "Frame rate" change? Maybe, maybe not. However, the community has no way to verify this. And even assuming that it's the frame rate that is being altered, I can now see how this could be used as the excuse for this stealth Quake nerf. I can hear it now, going something like this:

    'Oh, Quake is now working as intended. Before, she was able to charge her heavy right after using dexterity. But since we made changes affecting the frame rate on your device, there may be less of a window of time in which to activate charging heavy, which may result in Quake failing to charge heavy if you're too late.'

    See, it's all your phone's and your fault. Really, you should consider yourself lucky Quake could charge heavy after dexterity for the past year and a half since Quake came out.

    Or, maybe they just made heavy attacks take longer to "take" after pressing. Or maybe they did any number of things, but now with Kabam's new, special explanation language, we may never know why our favorite champ upon whom we used precious resources, whether Quake or anyone else in the future, was silently nerfed. It will never be their fault, so no RDTs.
  • GbSarkarGbSarkar Posts: 1,075 ★★★
    LoPresti wrote: »
    Quake is a lost cause, better abandon ship. Rip to everyone that ranked her.

    However, with the Drax verbiage offered by @Kabam Zibiit on the Drax thread, it's a slippery slope. (http://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/426773/#Comment_426773)

    "Frame rate" change? Maybe, maybe not. However, the community has no way to verify this.

    Oh, it's really easy to verify. There was no "frame rate change." If it was a frame rate issue it wouldn't have worked 100% of the time against Mordo for all devices. X-23, Elektra and AA can still bypass astral evade. It was a drax specific nerf against evasion (and not just astral evade). Earlier, when any champ evaded the first hit of Drax's medium attack, the second hit of the medium attack still hit the opponent (since it follows quickly after the first hit and doesn't allow the evading champ to evade far enough to avoid getting hit) and thus stopped the evade. Right now, when a champ evades the first hit of Drax's first medium, his champ model moves back at the same time as the evading opponent and doubles the distance between them compared to before the nerf, not allowing the second hit of the medium attack to connect and cancel the evade. As a result drax cannot counter any evade with his medium (which he was able to before—like Quake's concussion evade or OG Ultron's evade).
    The frame rate explanation was something Miike came up with when asked about Drax's interaction with astral evade and the moderators stuck to that explanation. Bypassing astral evade has never been about frame rate. Drax, AA, X-23 and Elektra could bypass it because all of them had some sort of attack animation (medium attack for Drax and heavy attack for the others) where the first two hits had a very small time interval between them and the second hit had a range large enough to hit Mordo before he evaded too far.
  • MetaphorUraniumMetaphorUranium Posts: 81
    GbSarkar wrote: »
    LoPresti wrote: »
    Quake is a lost cause, better abandon ship. Rip to everyone that ranked her.

    However, with the Drax verbiage offered by @Kabam Zibiit on the Drax thread, it's a slippery slope. (http://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/426773/#Comment_426773)

    "Frame rate" change? Maybe, maybe not. However, the community has no way to verify this.

    Oh, it's really easy to verify. There was no "frame rate change." If it was a frame rate issue it wouldn't have worked 100% of the time against Mordo for all devices. X-23, Elektra and AA can still bypass astral evade. It was a drax specific nerf against evasion (and not just astral evade). Earlier, when any champ evaded the first hit of Drax's medium attack, the second hit of the medium attack still hit the opponent (since it follows quickly after the first hit and doesn't allow the evading champ to evade far enough to avoid getting hit) and thus stopped the evade. Right now, when a champ evades the first hit of Drax's first medium, his champ model moves back at the same time as the evading opponent and doubles the distance between them compared to before the nerf, not allowing the second hit of the medium attack to connect and cancel the evade. As a result drax cannot counter any evade with his medium.

    That's excellent information, good catch. Do you happen to have a couple videos, one before and one after so we could show the Kabam community? I assume Kabam won't do anything differently until enough people care...
  • AsmodeyusAsmodeyus Posts: 217
    Several debuffs have been getting an unintentional 'truestrike' capability to them it seems. Power lock shouldn't stop the initial auto evade yet it has been in EQ and Dungeons.
  • MetaphorUraniumMetaphorUranium Posts: 81
    @Kabam Zibiit is this still being investigated? If so, is there any update? The glitches described still occur.
  • FixxxFixxx Posts: 234
    Any updates on Quake?
  • MetaphorUraniumMetaphorUranium Posts: 81
    I see that Kabam has fixed the minor glitch where quake can hold her heavy for like 30 seconds after the opponent has died. Still gets pounded periodically after failing to evade while charging heavy, and still fails to charge heavy sometimes........
  • Lambda1Lambda1 Posts: 200 ★★
    GbSarkar wrote: »
    LoPresti wrote: »
    Quake is a lost cause, better abandon ship. Rip to everyone that ranked her.

    However, with the Drax verbiage offered by @Kabam Zibiit on the Drax thread, it's a slippery slope. (http://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/426773/#Comment_426773)

    "Frame rate" change? Maybe, maybe not. However, the community has no way to verify this.

    Oh, it's really easy to verify. There was no "frame rate change." If it was a frame rate issue it wouldn't have worked 100% of the time against Mordo for all devices. X-23, Elektra and AA can still bypass astral evade. It was a drax specific nerf against evasion (and not just astral evade). Earlier, when any champ evaded the first hit of Drax's medium attack, the second hit of the medium attack still hit the opponent (since it follows quickly after the first hit and doesn't allow the evading champ to evade far enough to avoid getting hit) and thus stopped the evade. Right now, when a champ evades the first hit of Drax's first medium, his champ model moves back at the same time as the evading opponent and doubles the distance between them compared to before the nerf, not allowing the second hit of the medium attack to connect and cancel the evade. As a result drax cannot counter any evade with his medium (which he was able to before—like Quake's concussion evade or OG Ultron's evade).
    The frame rate explanation was something Miike came up with when asked about Drax's interaction with astral evade and the moderators stuck to that explanation. Bypassing astral evade has never been about frame rate. Drax, AA, X-23 and Elektra could bypass it because all of them had some sort of attack animation (medium attack for Drax and heavy attack for the others) where the first two hits had a very small time interval between them and the second hit had a range large enough to hit Mordo before he evaded too far.

    You're my new best friend. I love U mate.

    http://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/73872/drax-update-his-main-ability-is-now-useless/p1
  • SeiricSeiric Posts: 16
    I am having an reoccurring issue in every mode with quake where she will try and throw a medium instead of parry at least twice every fight. This makes her an unreliable champ to use for content clears and due to this being fatal in end game content, unusable. Any attention on these situations and an approach for fixing them by chance?
Sign In or Register to comment.