**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Vanquishing Blows, Too Time Consuming [Merged Threads]

Comments

• 1haunted_memory1haunted_memory Posts: 804 ★★★
    I scrolled through this thread in hopes to see a response from a MOD....but disappointment sank in :'(
  • Crazyjack719Crazyjack719 Posts: 425 ★★
    This is a grind but what I have done to make it easier inside this event to 100% beginner, I have gone in with my r4 4* Medusa only and am turning Auto fight off, letting the AI hit me until sp2 is ready and let rip! at 170k now with minimal effort.
  • Run477Run477 Posts: 1,391 ★★★
    Every time vanquishing blows comes out, I cringe. The rank rewards take so long to reach for a freaking mobile game. Rank is at least double what it should be.
    It's time-consuming to end a Fight with an L2? Really....Lol. If you're that determined to Rank in it, run Beginner or Normal for Exploration towards Dust and fire the L2 when it fills. No one says you have to do it. If that's your personal goal, you can't complain the game is at fault.

The forums are where people can provide feedback to Kabam on the many different events and aspects of the game. In this case, people are finding the Vanquishing Blow event too time consuming given how strict the requirements are and how many points are given per fight.

Just saying, "No one says you have to do it" is a worthless comment and non-constructive. You could say that to just about everything in the game.

Absolutely. “No one says you have to do” alliance quest, war, story mode, arenas, etc. you could always go play Pokémon go (is that still a thing?).

I get so frustrated by what seems like a total disconnect between people’s real lives and the amount of time it takes to get certain rewards in this game.
  • OzzieontOzzieont Posts: 237
    Are you guys serious about this I did all the milestones in 2 hours
    Ozzieont wrote: »
    Are you guys serious about this I did all the milestones in 2 hours

Congrats? I’m not sure what you want me to say. 2 hours is a long block of time to also run aq, try to do arena, and do dungeons. And two hours frankly surprises me. I have had so many times where I justify missed an l2 kill that didn’t count any points it makes me want to break my phone.
  • AlphaKratosAlphaKratos Posts: 18
    Feels like Kabam is doing everything in their power to stop people from getting that 5* AG crystal when it should be the other way around. Everyone was like Kabam is giving free 5* AG crystal but no one said they just want jobless people to do the grind.
  • Sp3edD3m0nSp3edD3m0n Posts: 90
    edited May 2018
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    Maat1985 wrote: »
    Technically speaking, it is theoretically faster to reach the top milestone in the current event if you dedicate effort to it. However, very significantly, in the previous event you could earn points without actually managing to strike the correct vanquishing blow so you were always accruing points no matter what you did. The current event will be harder for players to reach the top milestone if they don't dedicate effort to it, and could be easier to reach for players that do dedicate effort to it (and can reliably strike vanquishing blows).

This person nailed it. If you are going for the 5 star awakening gem then you should be happy with the new format. It takes considerable less time than previous vanquishing blows.

If you are just wanting to earn infinity dust as you play so you can get SOME items from the infinity dust store, then I understand your frustration.

If you want to get a 5 star awakening gem by not doing anything extra then you are ridiculous.
  • Sp3edD3m0nSp3edD3m0n Posts: 90
    edited May 2018
    If you are going for the 5 star awakening gem then you should be happy with the new format. It takes considerable less time than previous vanquishing blows.

If you are just wanting to earn infinity dust as you play so you can get SOME items from the infinity dust store, then I understand your frustration.

If you want to get a 5 star awakening gem by not doing anything extra then that is ridiculous.
  • ThatweirdguyThatweirdguy Posts: 675 ★★★
    This one is a grind but trust me that there will be way worse ones. Wait for the incinerate one or whatever nonsense they come up with to make us (player base) monkeys dance. Even BG who is the ultimate Kabam apologist spoke poorly of this event. Can you imagine that? Kabam could light his car on fire and he would find a way to shill for them. But he didn't like this.
  • DukeZmanDukeZman Posts: 604 ★★★
    All they had to do if they wanted two parts is make completing either part of the challenge earn "some" points and THEN if you can do BOTH challenges at the same time, then you get mega points.
  • sha2356__sha2356__ Posts: 82
    so glad I have all but quit. I log on very rarely now. Feels nice. Thanks Kabam for your terrible time balance on your content. Helped me kick an addiction.
  • 1haunted_memory1haunted_memory Posts: 804 ★★★
    it resets in an hour...lets see what todays is
  • djr17djr17 Posts: 648 ★★★
    it resets in an hour...lets see what todays is

The alliance event is mutants, so it'll probably be something other than mutants.
  • Marine31_Marine31_ Posts: 61
    This game is getting very unrealistic with the amount of time that is expected and the very little reward you get for hrs and hrs of grinding
  • MarzGrooveMarzGroove Posts: 903 ★★★
    Blax4ever wrote: »
    If you have played this game for any meaningful length of time the one thing you will notice is that Kabam has a particular philosophy when it comes to the games resources. The more the useful the item is, the less likely it will be for a casual player.

In Kabam theory a casual player is anyone who puts in less than 5hrs per day playing. If you put in a minimum of 5hrs everyday you will get most of the stuff in the game anything less than that, well they consider that giving things away for free. The player base is divided over this with 99% saying the game requires too much time to progress and the other 1% live at home with their parents.

So asking Kabam to shorten the length of time it takes to acquire something meaningful in the game is asking them to against their current philosophy. They would rather you just quit than accommodate a request like that.

Inaccurate.
  • StrategicStrategic Posts: 632 ★★★
    That's why I don't do any of these events. Not vanquishing, not dungeons. Waste of time.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Ran through some normal level EQ, which I was going to do anyway, with Hype. Had to hit the special button instead of just using auto play, but hit all milestones without grinding. This is easier than the previous vanquishing blow event.
  • rockykostonrockykoston Posts: 1,505 ★★★★
    Ran through some normal level EQ, which I was going to do anyway, with Hype. Had to hit the special button instead of just using auto play, but hit all milestones without grinding. This is easier than the previous vanquishing blow event.

Definitely agree with this. Instead of auto play , you start a fight of lets say 6k champ vs 300 champ and just hit SP2.

For current one, it is even easier, just hit parry and heavy, fight over.
  • PureRage13PureRage13 Posts: 164
    Blax4ever wrote: »
    If you have played this game for any meaningful length of time the one thing you will notice is that Kabam has a particular philosophy when it comes to the games resources. The more the useful the item is, the less likely it will be for a casual player.

In Kabam theory a casual player is anyone who puts in less than 5hrs per day playing. If you put in a minimum of 5hrs everyday you will get most of the stuff in the game anything less than that, well they consider that giving things away for free. The player base is divided over this with 99% saying the game requires too much time to progress and the other 1% live at home with their parents.

So asking Kabam to shorten the length of time it takes to acquire something meaningful in the game is asking them to against their current philosophy. They would rather you just quit than accommodate a request like that.

You, I like you. And you're spot on.

P.S. - Glad to see I'm not the only one annoyed with the sycophants on every thread that literally add nothing to the conversation. I wish the block list allowed was longer. I have a good number of the trolls blocked and life is so much sweeter on these forums without seeing them.
  • crogscrogs Posts: 764 ★★★
    Shame the challenge quest ended. I did that in similar fashion to others. Seemed to be the most efficient use of fights per energy. Start fight, wait for sp2, launch, next... Granted it was extremely annoying to miss an L2 or do a light hit or two to ensure the sp2 finished the fight.

And I do remember previous similar events that awarded lesser points for winning the fight and bonus points for the designated action. This seems to be the first time it's all or nothing.

And I do get annoyed when multiple events have mutually exclusive ways of scoring.
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    edited May 2018
    Out of curiosity, how many people go for the full milestones for the other 22hr or 6hr events? Do you specifically go out of your way to hit every single one of those as well?

I know I tend to save my ranking up for the 22hr event, and I'll make a little extra effort for Event Completion, but I don't go for every one and I never spend a lot of effort on the 6hr events at all (if I even acknowledge what is running). Perhaps it's because of the rewards, or maybe because they'll always be there (or both), but they tend to not carry much value for the effort.

Why the sudden interest in hitting all milestones? Is it just because of the infinity dust? The rest of the rewards seem to be in line with a standard 22hr event we typically ignore...
  • JRock808JRock808 Posts: 1,149 ★★★★
    Did anyone else not get rank rewards for this? Came in 41, surely enough for something!
  • ThatweirdguyThatweirdguy Posts: 675 ★★★
    I did not receive any rank rewards yet
  • JRock808JRock808 Posts: 1,149 ★★★★
    Ok, it’s not just me then. I’ll try to remain patient. Thanks!
  • GwendolineGwendoline Posts: 945 ★★★
    I like the idea of combining class with a specifict blow, but there should be more option to score points, so that it doesn't become an extra thing to do in the game, but something you can work into your fights. So here are my suggestion:

Cosmic with ending SP2 --> 4000
    Mystic with ending light attack --> 4000
    Science with ending SP1 --> 4000
    Skill with ending heavy attack --> 4000
    Mutant with endning medium attack --> 4000
    Tech with ending SP3 --> 4000

Each day the class and ending blow should change. That way you can work it into your quest, or arena fights and each fight gives different option to end with a bonus attack.

I wouldn't mind this is if stayed the same, but remembering the combinations each day... this would only work for me if it was on a set schedule (mutant=S1 and then follow advantage circle S1, 2, 3, light, medium heavy. Then next day skill=S1)
    Maat1985 wrote: »
    10million dust available...... 6.9million for the stone.....

Means you can forgo 3.1 million dust.....
    That could be all of the vanquishing blows......
    Or it could be some dungeons, some vanquishing blows.... whatever.....
    But that is 31% of available dust does not need to be obtained.....
    Or in other words you can get the gem 69% of available dust.....
    Yes it is still alot of dust but it is not everything.....
    Also 5* awakening gem probably the most sought after item in the game and should be damn hard to get....

Keep in mind the top rank reward of vanquishing blows is taked into account with thegaining 10mil dust. So most people will automatically lose dust on that, just by not ranking at the top.