**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Blade? Iceman? Move over. Make room for Cap (Infinity War)

Comments

• ZerophunkZerophunk Posts: 207
    I pulled his 4* on the crystal deal they ran
  • Icecold2099Icecold2099 Posts: 577 ★★★
    And he stops unstoppable as long as he's kenetically charged. I used him vs goldpool in master monthly quest and 1 shot him everytime. There was no unstoppable. 1 shot any juggs or unstoppable colussus mini boss in AW also.
  • ApacheApache Posts: 558 ★★
    ill still take SW over him
  • shchong2shchong2 Posts: 2,419 ★★★★
    edited June 2018
    I'm so ANGRY when reading this post, this is absolutely NOT ACCEPTABLE? Why? Why I didn't read your post earlier? LOL

Haha, I have to admit I did enjoy reading this despite a long post. I normally hate reading any long post but reading yours is really fun in the case of Cap IW information and explanation. Thanks for typing all out!!!

Btw, what is one of the best synergy team you currently think fits to be along side him to be brought to contents such as Act 5 or uncollected mode quests?
  • shchong2shchong2 Posts: 2,419 ★★★★
    OneManArmy wrote: »
    Bro you got me so freaking pumped for this dude now! gonna sell my house and car and wife, and get myself this must have SOB!!

Wow cool!
    Checking ... did you manage to successfully sell your house, your car, and your wife yet? Hope you manage to get this SOB and rank up to full potential! :) hehehe
  • unknownunknown Posts: 378
    Cats73 wrote: »
    You forgot how he takes 0 damage on parries lol

Capwwii takes no damage on parties
  • spaceoctopusspaceoctopus Posts: 1,111 ★★★
    @ESF . I read this post the day it came out and have been salivating for CAIW ever since. Spent a ton of resources when he was in the featured 5*. Didn't get him. Had planned to grind for the 4* version, but despite me taking the time off work, there was work calling me anyways which spoiled that. Had zero luck getting this character who I wanted the most based off of your description.

Then on Christmas day I opened my fifth six star crystal and there he was! I had no expectation. My previous six star pulls were DXF, KG, Thor Rags and Iron Fist. I was fully expecting Hulkbuster!

Yes, I know it'll be some time before he's awakened and he can't maximize his potential without it, but what a beast he is nonetheless. He'll be at r2 after a few more t5 shards.

Just wanted to say thanks for the write up. The anticipation made the opening that much better, and there was no hyperbole in your review either. He is exactly as described.
    I have a 5/65 sig 200 void, love him a lot. Actually like Cap better though.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,281 ★★★★★
    I was just thinking about this thread the other day. Grinded for Cap in his basic arena a few months ago; Awakened him, and he's incredibly awesome at 5/50.

Although the SP2 gets the most attention; actually I find if you can keep his passive Fury effect going, he does hugely impressive damage on all attacks. He's a 4* champ, but can very easily clear a line in Uncollected EQ. He's very rapidly become one of my MVPs. Great champion, @ESF.
  • CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    ESF wrote: »
    DRTO wrote: »
    What do you like about him? Most content creators have said he's good but nothing special, but you make it sound like he's the god of all gods. Really curious to hear you reasoning.

See, this is where I diverge from those folks -- I don't think just having a high DPS L2 makes a character great or not..

The thing about Cap (IW) is that the Kinetic Charges just build up through normal gameplay -- and that is so incredibly important, because awakened and at a high sig level, my gosh.

Again: The character is almost always Kinetically Charged. You don't have to do overly risky intercepts just to keep that uptime.

To be clear: I was clear about this: He needs to be awakened, and you need to set your team accordingly -- but that's not a weakness, because everybody knows that Blade needs Spark and Ghost Rider to reach his full potential. So people can't argue that one character is dependent and that's bad, while another that is considered the best in the game is dependent and that doesn't matter.

Here's a basic list of why this character is great:

1. If you place the Skill synergy with him and you're a skilled player who doesn't get hit, you will almost never have a debuff placed on you during a fight -- if he's kinetically charged (and he usually is) -- then you shrug it off. Bam. Done.

2. When you run him with the Tech synergy, he drops Petrify on opponents for 10 -- TEN -- freaking seconds on Parries. Again, if you're skilled, you have serious uptime on decreased Power Gain and Health Recovery. You are just going to town and not getting your opponents into the danger zones nearly as quickly. It's a subtle power control mechanic.

3. Then, with the Science synergy, on those same parries in which you are already benefitting from the Petrify, he pops a Weakness debuff on your opponent. Ten percent. Now that might not sound like much. You're like, OK. What's the big deal? See No. 4.

4. When the character is Kinetically Charged, he gets increased Attack, Physical Resistance and Energy Resistance. Plus 30 percent Glancing against all opponents, except one: It's 100 percent against Mystic Champions.

Do you see where we are now?

This character becomes a freaking tank, an absolute tank, just by regular playing. No holding block. No dash backs. None of that. Just by playing the game, you start taking very little damage.

So you're like, OK. Who cares? That's like Ant-Man.

Again. I keep saying it because I have to hammer this point home: It's about the Kinetic Charges.

They aren't just for defense. They're for offense, too.

6. Always remember: All Kinetic Charges are consumed on Special Attacks -- and that's a good, good, good, good thing.

7. Because on his Special 2, each Kinetic Charge you consume -- he can have up to five -- adds extra attack and stun duration. PLUS: You have Fury on Demand, with just a quick flick of charging a heavy. The barest flick.

So. Remember: I have a 3-star Cap. A 3-star. Nothing crazy.

I hit a Juggernaut with an L2 crit, with five kinetic charges and a Fury buff...for 14K-plus damage. WHICH STUNNED HIM FOR ALMOST FOUR SECONDS.

I didn't stutter. Let me repeat that: 3-star. L2 crit. 14K-plus damage. WITH A GUARANTEED STUN.

I have written a book already. I won't even go to the L3, WHICH HITS EVEN HARDER if you do it right.

And the guaranteed bleed on L1. The ability accuracy reduction. The ridiculous synergies and Passive.

My gosh. I don't know about other folks. Content creators, whoever...hey. They do their thing. I do my thing.

But I know what I saw tonight. And I'm just gonna put aside the grind time and try like hell to get this character next week as a five-star -- and I NEVER do that.

Cap iw and void are the best science champs in the game
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Yes, this dude is an absolute god, I maxed him out as a 5*m now he gets 20k heavies 100k special 2s has a ton of utility and uses, and pretty much carried me through variant exploration, he’s an undeniable god tier, and he just keeps getting better and better with every patch, he’s just a god, 3rd best release this year imo
  • SDPSDP Posts: 1,622 ★★★★
    The_One wrote: »
    Bumbunyon wrote: »
    Btw, if you aren't sold yet. This is with 3/5 kinetic potential, heavy cancelled into sp2. That being said, I still bring Blade, GR and my 6* LC to AW. Currently cap and his synergies are my go to for aq

lyxiuxlnzlbt.png

How many people sat pressing the triangle to get the video to play? Lol

Try Emma sometime.
  • GildenlowGildenlow Posts: 691 ★★★
    4dl7bctby5c5.jpg

This.
    edited January 2019
    vbtf0fmo62ph.png
    rcmsrfpw3x5i.png

Two part L2. :-) I’m just playing around. Beardo rules, but so does Emma. Anti-evade, concussion, taunt, reduced power gain on heavies, immune to everything, power sting...

Love them both. Just some Emma spam for fun.
  • New_Noob168New_Noob168 Posts: 1,562 ★★★★
    You've been around since week 1 and you get excited about a 3* Captain america?
    edited January 2019
    vbtf0fmo62ph.png
    rcmsrfpw3x5i.png

Two part L2. :-) I’m just playing around. Beardo rules, but so does Emma. Anti-evade, concussion, taunt, reduced power gain on heavies, immune to everything, power sting...

Emma is great for sure, but notice above that Cap did more damage as a 5/4 then Emma did as a 5/5.

She’s actually 4/55, but she has class advantage, synergies, and suicides are on. Pretty good damage for a utility champ.

She’s Rank 4. Not sure if we all use the same terminology. 🙂
  • crystaldsmithcrystaldsmith Posts: 471 ★★
    I'm almost tempted to make time to grind. I won't, but very tempted. You sold this champ for me so hopefully I pull him before I die.
    vbtf0fmo62ph.png
    rcmsrfpw3x5i.png

Emma is great for sure, but notice above that Cap did more damage as a 5/4 then Emma did as a 5/5.

She’s actually 4/55, but she has class advantage, synergies, and suicides are on. Pretty good damage for a utility champ.

Oh wow, prestige is insane for a 4/55. My bad
    vbtf0fmo62ph.png
    rcmsrfpw3x5i.png

Oh wow, prestige is insane for a 4/55. My bad

Yep. The class advantage and suicides really pump up her P.I. too. I’m seriously considering her as my 3rd 5/65 in the future.
  • ẞlооdẞlооd Posts: 2,005 ★★★★
    Theres a reason why he and this new iron man were added to help beat Thanos.
    They are meant to be good. And from what I hear this Cap looks great.
    Though it makes me wonder why Kabam wont redo some of the old characters and gove them more abilities. A lot of the old characters just did bleed or stun only. Nothing amazing about them.
    Cause then there's less incentive to go for the new champs which bring in the $$$. Just look how much whales throw at crystal openings to get these bad boys..
  • Maldroit2Maldroit2 Posts: 739 ★★★
    Do you think cap iw is worth a generic gem? As a 4*?
  • 110% WORTH IT @Maldroit2 . I love my R5 4* CAIW. I had the CRAZY luck of duping mine via the Login Calendar (yes, you heard that right, I pulled a 4* champ from a Login Crystal). His sig ability takes an already amazing champ and turns him into a Swiss Army Knife champ. OP laid it out quite flawlessly to say the least. I also have a 5* CAIW (that I pulled the week after I took my 4* to R4, lol) that I plan on taking to R4 minimum. Glancing, Fury on demand, stun, armor break, petrify, weakness, bleed, high damage output, the list goes on. Like I said, Swiss Army Knife champ :wink: