**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Alliance Wars Season 3 Discussion Thread

Comments

• DuderhockenDuderhocken Posts: 19
    So @Kabam Miike how much of this change came from item unit sales being down in this game mode come into play on this decision? I would really love to know. I’m assuming the bottom line for aw was not were you guys would have liked it. I thought the scoring and meta were perfect this past season and the only real issue was the rampant cheating that was plaguing this game mode.
  • MRMOJO77MRMOJO77 Posts: 215
    My only regret is hulkbuster. Especially since synergies dont work. I ran hb, ultron, yj, modok, og spidey.. Only thing hb was good for was synergy. Cannon fodder to build other champs up.
  • CinnCinn Posts: 81
    edited June 2018
    @GroundedWisdom Spam is an irrelevant message sent on the internet to a large number of people. So, I argue that some responses should be flaggable as spam for that reason. However, I will give you half a point.. that still is only 1.5 reasons though.
    And, I don’t blame the moderator for having to spin blatant money grabbing changes at all. But, the often implausible and irrelevant explanations of why a change should be flaggable. :smile:
  • Shortening the season to 4 weeks while keeping the minimum for rewards at 5 is a pretty big kick in the nuts to more casual alliances who don't run constant war.
  • Steel109Steel109 Posts: 5
    Whataduck wrote: »
    Plantesan wrote: »
    Re-focus please, folks.

Have any of the higher-end alliance shown some opinion on the matter yet, or are they too high up to bother expressing their opinions with us peasants?

Yes they have and I'm the leader of a 21 million alliance and we're all not spending a dime until they provide rank down tickets for ranking up champs that we woudnt otherwise. I guarantee they talked about today to remove diversity.

And this is my biggest issue. This decision affects all of us. From top to bottom tier. It's a silly and illogical move. No pros and all negative. They can do way better than this...
  • NOBUMENOBUME Posts: 12
    edited June 2018
    It's wonderful you guys plan on doing all these changes to aw, but can we also expect changes on how champs are made and released into the game? a bit more testing on them and have you listen to our feedback? a rework for old champions like the one Rulk and LC got so our old champions aren't just gathering dust?.
    Domino is a prime example of how we don't want new champions to be, because even if you say people has no reason to put 10 dormamus in the map, why they would not put a champ with no clear counter and unavoidable damage such as domino? a champion that is working even beyond intended, even breaking through our blocks. Just clarifying that's a bug doesn't solve the problem...saying "we are passing along your feedback to the team" isn't a soulturion neither.
    The meta of mcoc are champions themselves, there's where you have to start to make real changes to the game, but of course, why would we care about something that serve us and only harm the players, right kabam?
  • TrapTrap Posts: 124
    Guess it comes down to who can pilot and get away with it.

I mean if people can get away for 2 season why not try for a 3rd
  • OmniOmni Posts: 574 ★★★
    They don’t care. Move along
  • VoluntarisVoluntaris Posts: 1,198 ★★★
    thank goodness i decided to take a break from top end game ally ... the push for top 3 going to be rough in Season 3 ... and the maps will continue to be cleared 100%.

Please listen to @DNA3000 more and consider implementing his ideas.
  • shchong2shchong2 Posts: 2,419 ★★★★
    They could place 10 Iron Man IW and 10 Domino in a row. What about those people who had to rank up for diversity??

Yea, this is going to be the faces in AW Def placement we are going to see soon ....

(from Infobot)

sj3qzi2l0ybg.png

• sbb75sbb75 Posts: 208
    Would like kabam verification on updated scoring system.
    Does it still ignore common senses and fundamental mathematics?

Since the AW overhaul you are sticking with a fixed cap scoring system the SAME for all alliances. And removing 1 if the scoring categories?

The purpose of this new updated AW scorIng change is to reduce 100% exploring with maximizing difficulty and then wait and see???

Still not thinking about rewarding skill based points that aren’t capped (defender kills).

Or the obvious solution. Make it not possible to get 100% EVER by adding more paths and different ways of killing the boss with difficulty weighed into the score. Like countless real contest??

Most important question for
    @Kabam Miike does the Meta show these changes are helping the psyche of all those players you were concerned with. How the pressure of not giving away defender kills was ruining their fun.... what was that nonsense you posted back then? Hard to keep up.
  • Dean9300450Dean9300450 Posts: 85
    I agree with kabam, there will always be some ppl always crying no matter what kabam do
  • PlantesanPlantesan Posts: 335 ★★
    Riegel wrote: »
    Re-focus please, folks.

Have any of the higher-end alliance shown some opinion on the matter yet, or are they too high up to bother expressing their opinions with us peasants?

Well I’m in the rank 2 alliance for this season and was in the rank 3 alliance for last season. I think this change to diversity is the dumbest thing I’ve ever heard. They told us to do one thing and then they completely changed it and basically said “don’t worry we will probably change it again so you can’t make any informed decisions and good luck”

Agreed...that’s where unfortunately I found bringing the rosters up to be both a major progress speed bump and a “counter” to figuring out who where the kabam thought process roulette lands.
  • EBG78EBG78 Posts: 122 ★★
    There is actually a quite simple solution to this obvious money grab by Kabam. All leaders tell your alliances that every war will be itemless. At the beginning of each attack phase, pose an itemless war to your opponents as well. Let skill be the deciding factor rather than money. If they choose not to accept, that’s on them. See how quick things change when the revenue stream for AW drops dramatically.
  • RiegelRiegel Posts: 1,088 ★★★★
    Re-focus please, folks.

Well I’m in the rank 2 alliance for this season and was in the rank 3 alliance for last season. I think this change to diversity is the dumbest thing I’ve ever heard. They told us to do one thing and then they completely changed it and basically said “don’t worry we will probably change it again so you can’t make any informed decisions and good luck”

Agreed...that’s where unfortunately I found bringing the rosters up to be both a major progress speed bump and a “counter” to figuring out who where the kabam thought process roulette lands.

Unfortunately, people are fighting for RDT’s which will only help a very specific alliance. If diversity goes I hope we never see rank down tickets ever again as each one will be worth so much more. This is a horrible decision by Kabam and will be made even worse by RDT’s.

I hope Kabam change their minds about diversity. They’ve ruined this game for so many if they get rid of it. Honestly I’m baffled how they thought this was good for the game.
  • ScottLangScottLang Posts: 149
    edited June 2018
    Miike for gods sake tell the higher ups they really need an open connection with the player base thats better than this. I know your just the messenger in these situations but the reason people flip out from changes is because most people love the game but hate seeing the direction its going in. I enjoy wars its a nice competitive mode but these consistent issues with cheating and ridiculously drastic changes with no compensation what so ever is a huge slap in the face to the player base that keeps this game running. Im glad piloting has been addressed but I absolutely know atleast 3 alliances who piloted last season and watched as they were never reduced even had a laugj about it because clearly its something that cant be 100% enforced but these people are spending upwards to $1000 a week on this game and we get reskinned game modes and around left and right. Some dont like the enormous stress from Aw all the time. And the lack of love for aq at this point is just ridiculous. We need a quality of life update here or the veteran players are gonna eventually just call it quits. Shouldnt bite the hand that feeds you.
    Post edited by Kabam Lyra on
  • Mainer123Mainer123 Posts: 527 ★★
    Suuure making maps harder will help with cheating. What are you thinking. No Seriously what are you thinking!
  • CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    Re-focus please, folks.

Unfortunately, people are fighting for RDT’s which will only help a very specific alliance. If diversity goes I hope we never see rank down tickets ever again as each one will be worth so much more. This is a horrible decision by Kabam and will be made even worse by RDT’s.

I hope Kabam change their minds about diversity. They’ve ruined this game for so many if they get rid of it. Honestly I’m baffled how they thought this was good for the game.

Sir you dont know what you are talking about.
  • PlantesanPlantesan Posts: 335 ★★
    Re-focus please, folks.

Yeah, I’d say I’m a bit 50/50 on the RDTs. I understand why people would want them, but at the same time, you can’t help but ask them, “you do realize you are falling for the trap, right?”

I hope they do too. It took 2 seasons to finally have a decent diversity group...if I have to deal with the good ole NC/Magik/domino/etc paths...I’m sure others would say that being annoyed is putting it lightly (and to miike’ “that’s not the meta of the game” counter...those kind of ally’s have been run into...people still go for spite defenses)
  • sbb75sbb75 Posts: 208
    Did any effort go into “fixing” Synergies for AW defenders????

At least that would give some value back to the people who invested in Lesser champs for the purpose of AW defense assuming they were making defense tougher And getting diverisisry points..

Instead of added 5 more minis and new nodes go fix that
  • ASV27ASV27 Posts: 91
    MikeHock wrote: »
    Diversity removed, lol! What happened to all those lofty goals when they revamped AW with a new map and point system?

Can we go back to the AW map for season 1, with updated nodes, so 98%-100% exploration isn't the norm?

This is what they've yet to understand. It's the map that determines if people go for 100%, not the nodes. In the old map you have 3 lanes going to each mini, so you had to decide if you'd send people right to ht mini or to explore. They just don't get it.