**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

New 19.0 update phone problems [Merged Threads]

Comments

• VolumeOneVolumeOne Posts: 97
    Hey man,
    I downgraded to a backup I had to 11.2.5 on IOS and the overheating stopped for me.
    @tonyj007
  • Kal_El3652Kal_El3652 Posts: 22
    edited July 2018
    This is getting ridiculous. I have gone ahead and deleted the app from my phone and haven't had an overheating issue since. I would be in the game and mid-fight have the app/phone crash on me forcing my phone to restart. This happened several times! If there was anytime for an EMERGENCY MAINTENANCE this would be the time. As a developer myself, if anything I created was causing personal property to become damaged, I would stop it immediately. I understand the amount of money that would be lost in downtime, but in good faith and conscious, Kabam should be looking out for their community of players and not the bottom line. Is this something that you can agree with @Kabam Miike ?

Device Model: iPhone 7plus
    Carrier: AT&T
    Wifi or Cellular Network: Both, but mostly on WiFi
    Gamer Tag: Kal-El3652
  • snapper77snapper77 Posts: 62
    This sucks my iPhone 8.0 not even 6 months old is now losing one percent per minute cause of this new update. Battery was working awesome before this update. Is Kabam going to be paying for new batteries and phones for everyone
  • Ethans8279Ethans8279 Posts: 129
    edited July 2018
    For IPhone users , the permeant battery damage was not mentioned in the update.
    I have no idea why Kabam still does not recognise the reasons of overheating and huge battery usage within 5 mins.
    This is intolerable !
  • tonyj007tonyj007 Posts: 276
    VolumeOne wrote: »
    Hey man,
    I downgraded to a backup I had to 11.2.5 on IOS and the overheating stopped for me.
    @tonyj007

one of the problems , Whatever we do there is no guarantee that it will work for every device build. asking Members to change IOS you could make worse for some members

A few members changed to IOS 12.0 made no change to overheating , I think it just took longer to overheat the device. Its a hard call , Its a risk you take on your device

How many members know how to know how to backup data and restore successfully. (children play this game)

Every time my phone shuts down, feel like phone and game are dying

We need a hard solid fix and from kabam to say

Problem has been resolved, it is a safe game to play

Reminder - If a device shuts down its a warning that something is wrong. It might not boot up, You just don't know. How many times must a device shut down before it fails to restart. Overheating on any electronics devices cannot be good .

For each devices has dififrent tolrance for each player

Not safe. Play at your own risk, your device is in jeopardy.
  • SRArch_SAI21SRArch_SAI21 Posts: 89
    Hey guys I did upgrade to 11.4.1 and I didn’t see much improvement, see the same lag and battery pissing unstoppable. So idk whether to blame mcoc or Apple here..
  • SRArch_SAI21SRArch_SAI21 Posts: 89
    Kal_El3652 wrote: »
    This is getting ridiculous. I have gone ahead and deleted the app from my phone and haven't had an overheating issue since. I would be in the game and mid-fight have the app/phone crash on me forcing my phone to restart. This happened several times! If there was anytime for an EMERGENCY MAINTENANCE this would be the time. As a developer myself, if anything I created was causing personal property to become damaged, I would stop it immediately. I understand the amount of money that would be lost in downtime, but in good faith and conscious, Kabam should be looking out for their community of players and not the bottom line. Is this something that you can agree with @Kabam Miike ?

Mate sorry it feels like we are all talking to a wall where u don’t get any response and these guys have become insensitive to the community issues and at the end when they throw some biscuits we all keep quiet , this is what they understood our pulse and have become so careless
  • Ghostspider231Ghostspider231 Posts: 298 ★★★
    I went even so far as to update to beta 12.0 on my Iphone 7 AT&T 256 GB phone and it has done absolutely nothing except run the game slower before it crashes the phone.
  • Sonnyt4jrSonnyt4jr Posts: 50
    edited July 2018
    iPhone 6plus
    IOS 12.0 beta 2

After updating to 19.0 of MCOC -

Overheating, lag, self rebooting, disconnects, shuts down. Random glitches. Drains battery so fast, it doesn’t survive more than 5-6 minutes.

AQ , war, unplayable. Takes 2 -3 minutes to log in, takes about 30 seconds to toggle between menus. 5 minutes into game & it shuts off.

No other app has the same effect on my phone. Only MCOC has this effect.
  • Litzie13Litzie13 Posts: 2
    No it doesn’t...iPhone X iOS beta here and I’ve had ZERO heat issues
  • GeisønGeisøn Posts: 39
    Still no solution?
  • Mini_GrMini_Gr Posts: 31
    Put phone into power save mode it fixes the overheating issue. IOS power forces apps to use restricted amount of ram , it restricts the CPU and lowers the graphics. Only difference you will notice is no more overheating
  • Kal_El3652Kal_El3652 Posts: 22
    This is getting ridiculous. I have gone ahead and deleted the app from my phone and haven't had an overheating issue since. I would be in the game and mid-fight have the app/phone crash on me forcing my phone to restart. This happened several times! If there was anytime for an EMERGENCY MAINTENANCE this would be the time. As a developer myself, if anything I created was causing personal property to become damaged, I would stop it immediately. I understand the amount of money that would be lost in downtime, but in good faith and conscious, Kabam should be looking out for their community of players and not the bottom line. Is this something that you can agree with @Kabam Miike @Kabam Valkyrie @Kabam Spice @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Ahab? Anybody else I Missed??

• BrandoniusBrandonius Posts: 292
    Kabam Support has ignored my tickets regarding my damaged iPhone. This thread is intended to be ONLY for those with iPhones with actual physical damage. This should be enabled to be a standalone thread as it shows a very specific problem that needs to be addressed soon and with a particular amount of attention.

It is my intention to HALT ALL SPENDING with Kabam until this is resolved. I recommend all effected users to do the same.

Please keep it true to its intention.

iPhone 6.
    11.4.1 iOS
    Telus Mobility
    4lmiyecdt5d5.png

• Vdh2008Vdh2008 Posts: 966 ★★★★
    oecgr880gvy5.png

For the record:
    This "fix" above did NOT work for me...

Because I had deleted the app from my device, I followed Dave's instructions and then re-downloaded the app. My phone was literally burning my hands by the time the 600+ MB download was done.

Guess I'm deleting it again. Soon I won't even be watching this thread. I'm about done with this game completely, as it's cost me at least 2 4 star champions and 2 T4B in arena, not to mention all the rewards from calendars etc that I'm missing.

Clock's ticking, Kabam. I'm sure I'm not the only one about to just walk away.
  • EL_Rojo44EL_Rojo44 Posts: 18
    My 6+ has been bricking at least 5-6 times a day. My phone worked perfectly fine until the mcoc update... Almost nothing works on it now.
  • ZzSkyWaveszZZzSkyWaveszZ Posts: 27
    Is it the end of mcoc overheating never resolves @Kabam Miike RIP mcoc ....
  • Litzie13Litzie13 Posts: 2
    I thinks it’s the phones...individually based on what processor is in it. Has nothing really to do with specific OS
  • silvestresilvestre Posts: 7
    Well, since yesterday I realized that if I open the game and go directly to arenas and do my arenas my phone doesn't heat up or is less than before, the same with aq or aw. If I open the app, go directly to aw, aq, event quests, etc, my phone doesn't heat up, but if I open the game, go to arenas and later do aq, aw, etc, my phone starts to overheat. So I think if I want to do different quests I have to restart the app for each quest (arenas, aq, aw, etc). Try it out.
  • Just play on a ice pack like I've been doing for Android the last two years...Only way you can play this game for more than 10 minutes on Android without hitting thermal limits and getting throttled.

Funny how I don't have this issue with ANY other game I play...
  • KerayZKerayZ Posts: 220 ★★★
    Well after hours and hours of testing and getting some kind people who helped test it as well...

https://youtu.be/w3y0C1etMqU
  • ArielloPLArielloPL Posts: 13
    Thank you kabam for breaking my phone. Thank you very much.
  • LuxringerLuxringer Posts: 2
    Since the new mcoc update, my iphone 6 is getting very very hot (i guess around 50 degrees Celsius) after less than 5 min of playing. When I play, my face is close to the screen. To be honest, I am afraid that my phone will explode if it gets too hot from the game, which could damage my face and eyes...
  • RasiloverRasilover Posts: 1,453 ★★★★
    Device: Ipod touch 6
    IOS 12.0

Game went into an infinite loading screen and crashed my device
  • bluebubble100bluebubble100 Posts: 62
    i use ipad air 2, it was working fast before the update
    after it it just became slow and crashed in the middle of a war fight and it halfed my health because the gam thought i was cheating
  • MichaelW92MichaelW92 Posts: 38
    When the Pym Canister event was announced I was super excited. I planned on doing all the event quests and grinding the 4 star arena to get all the Pym Canisters I possibly could. However, I can't play this game for more than 10 minutes without risking damage to my Iphone. With each arena that passes, I'm missing out on 250,000 Pym Canisters. I really hope you guys take this into consideration and compensate the Iphone users for this missed opportunity. I know Kabam doesn't want their player base to think they just give out "free stuff" and that you guys only want to do the bare minimum to compensate players for your mess-ups. I think compensating apple users 250K Pym Canisters for every arena they aren't able to participate would be the bare minimum you could do.
  • LuxringerLuxringer Posts: 2
    There is a risk of explosion if phone gets too hot. I stopped playing to avoid any potential injuries
  • Darkness82Darkness82 Posts: 275
    edited July 2018
    No update from mods shocking @Kabam no response shame on you @kabam just give us an update already or your gonna lose lots of players terrible communication this week no updates what so ever just really trying to ignore us or not out of order @kabam I repeat out of order rate this app 1 stars then they will realise How many players they will lose if they don’t get there act together better give us compensation or else the community won’t have any of this nonsense from you @kabam get it right or it’s bye bye player base then you will listen to us thanks I hope they get this fixed
  • Darkness82Darkness82 Posts: 275
    Anything @Kabam Miike any updates yet?
This discussion has been closed.