**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Cap Infinity War: Why skimp on obvious synergies?

DalBotDalBot Posts: 1,616 ★★★★★
So if you're going to make a champ with so many synergies, why skimp on obvious ones? If he is to have a synergy with Iron Man, why is it OG Iron Man and not, I dunno, the Iron Man that's actually in the movie that this champ is based on? Also why no synergy with Falcon or Winter Soldier but does have a synergy with Hawkeye who isn't in the film?

If you're going to introduce a film specific at least be consistent with the data.

Comments

• Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,734 ★★★★★
    This isn't about the film. Is about the game ...
    His synergies may or not be based on things outside of it. Is not about skipping anything, he simply doesn't have more sinergies than the ones he already have.
  • Clintonwalls101Clintonwalls101 Posts: 140
    And all you need is that synergy active all champs of that class get that synergy
  • Maximus0215Maximus0215 Posts: 128
    Yeah I was disappointed in his synergy partners.
  • NOOOOOOOOPEEEEENOOOOOOOOPEEEEE Posts: 2,803 ★★★★★
    I wish he has a syngery with the Previous cap characters
  • MegaSkater67MegaSkater67 Posts: 1,377 ★★★★
    DalBot wrote: »
    I think you're missing the point of what I'm saying.

If it's Captain America Infinity War, then he is clearly based on the movie. And the synergies whole mostly accurate, fail when you consider the MOVIE champ should have MOVIE related champs to synergize with. In the movie we have IMIW, so why synergy with OG Iron Man? In the movie, no Hawkeye, so why not insert Falcon or Bucky instead?

Consistency would be the name of the game.

Well in the movie they never saw each other so that’s why there is no synergie between Captain IW n Ironman IW

Was going to say the same thing. At no point do they speak or come into contact with each other in any way. So infinity war iron man and infinity war cap don’t actually have any kind of relationship. Speaking strictly for infinity war versions that is. But cap did know the old iron man, and iron man did know the old cap. I would assume that’s the reason for it.
  • DalBotDalBot Posts: 1,616 ★★★★★

If it's Captain America Infinity War, then he is clearly based on the movie. And the synergies whole mostly accurate, fail when you consider the MOVIE champ should have MOVIE related champs to synergize with. In the movie we have IMIW, so why synergy with OG Iron Man? In the movie, no Hawkeye, so why not insert Falcon or Bucky instead?

Well in the movie they never saw each other so that’s why there is no synergie between Captain IW n Ironman IW

Was going to say the same thing. At no point do they speak or come into contact with each other in any way. So infinity war iron man and infinity war cap don’t actually have any kind of relationship. Speaking strictly for infinity war versions that is. But cap did know the old iron man, and iron man did know the old cap. I would assume that’s the reason for it.

I mean, if you want to get technical, Stark does call Cap to locate Vision to notify him about the threat of Thanos so...
  • DarthPhalDarthPhal Posts: 1,064 ★★★★
    I thought Banner called him.
    Starks the one who had the cell phone from Rogers at the end of Civil War.
  • DarthPhalDarthPhal Posts: 1,064 ★★★★
  • UlysseOdysseus75UlysseOdysseus75 Posts: 188
    Spoiler aleeeert
    DarthPhal wrote: »

Bwahaha, well played sir. I'm gonna play the transitive property card for the win on the connection lol
    Also keep in mind we have Thor Rag and OG Thor as well as OG Hulk and Rag Hulk. Why no IMIW synergy is odd to me.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,558 Guardian

I mean, if you want to get technical, Stark does call Cap to locate Vision to notify him about the threat of Thanos so...

Okay, but at the moment he makes the call isn't Rogers still the normal Captain America? After all, he doesn't get the Vibranium shield gauntlets until after he reaches Wakanda, so in a sense Rogers doesn't really "become" CapIW in the sense the game represents him until that moment. Prior to that, he's just Steve Rogers: the original Captain America minus the shield and colorful uniform.

The movies are a lot more fluid than the game can be, so there's lots of ways to pull from the media to translate into the game.
  • LocoMotivesLocoMotives Posts: 1,200 ★★★
    DNA3000 wrote: »

Okay, but at the moment he makes the call isn't Rogers still the normal Captain America? After all, he doesn't get the Vibranium shield gauntlets until after he reaches Wakanda, so in a sense Rogers doesn't really "become" CapIW in the sense the game represents him until that moment. Prior to that, he's just Steve Rogers: the original Captain America minus the shield and colorful uniform.

The movies are a lot more fluid than the game can be, so there's lots of ways to pull from the media to translate into the game.

Beard = Cap IW
    If you want to talk about a character who deserves more synergy, let’s talk Red Skull; he only has synergy with Cap (WW2) when he should have it with all 4 versions of Steve Rogers. “Hail Hydra” only activates with Punisher 2099 when there are other notable members of Hydra like Crossbones, Kingpin, MODOK, Taskmaster, and Yellowjacket who would definitely appreciate it. Meanwhile Cap (IW) has a grand total of 18 different characters to synergize with... Just saying.

To be fair to Cap though his whole thing is really being a leader and what not, so the way his synergies work makes sense. Red Skull, not so much a team player.
  • BapoiBapoi Posts: 995 ★★★

Ant-man having synergy with three champs that weren’t in his movie.
    Capww having synergy with two champs that weren’t in that movie.

Both champs based on their movies.
    Oh almost forgot Yellowjacket there.

As was stated, older champs might be used so to not take them out of the game.
    Hawkeye is one of the elders in the game. And he gets shat on a lot. Which is horridly wrong since he is an awesome champ. This sort of synergy ensures he gets his shining moments at times as well.

Capww has a synergy with Wolverine. Which seems to make zero sense based on the film, but it does make sense from the Marvel Comics perspective. There is more than the MCU when it comes to this game.

I also haven’t read the comics series yet where Cap is Nomad. Which he basically portrays in the IW film. His synergies could well be (partially) based on that scenario.
    Cap WWII is more loosely based on the movie, whereas this version literally had the movie title in his name, so I think there is a more implied direct correlation.
    Kind of like AoU Ultron and Vision versus the original versions.
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★

Yeah, but IMIW has a synergy with CAIW so....
    Yeah, it's odd that it would be a one-way synergy, especially with the OG Iron Man being there
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,558 Guardian
    Yeah, it's odd that it would be a one-way synergy, especially with the OG Iron Man being there

Personally, I think one-way synergies are both conceptually weird (you have a relationship with something that doesn't have a relationship with you?) and game design weird (if you want to know what synergies a champion benefits from, you can't necessarily tell by just looking at their character info).
  • Kil63Kil63 Posts: 254 ★★
    So if you're going to make a champ with so many synergies, why skimp on obvious ones? If he is to have a synergy with Iron Man, why is it OG Iron Man and not, I dunno, the Iron Man that's actually in the movie that this champ is based on? Also why no synergy with Falcon or Winter Soldier but does have a synergy with Hawkeye who isn't in the film?

If you're going to introduce a film specific at least be consistent with the data.

Because they used his synergies to make older champs who were getting less use more active and desirable. Such as OG Iron Man, Doc Strange, Captain Marvel, etc.