**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Black Widow 3% evade!?!?!?!?! [Not A Bug]

Player111Player111 Posts: 29
edited July 2017 in Bugs and Known Issues
Tell me pls. Black Widow has JUST 3% chance to evade! So tell me pls how she always evade so often.

Its just 3%.

3 f****** %. Just 3. Its unbelievable!!!

Pls fix it!
Post edited by Kabam Wolf on

Comments

• YoMovesYoMoves Posts: 1,281 ★★★★
    Sorry, but it really is 3%. Though Black Widows you have fought may have been on Enhanced Abilities nodes that may have boosted that chance. Regardless, There's no bug here.
  • Player111Player111 Posts: 29
    Sorry but i tell about emeny BW. There is no boost but she evade very often. Really dont like it . Sometimes she did 2 evades in 5 combo. Its omg. 3% is about 3 evade per 100 hits so why she evade more often?!?!?!

For example my Ghost Rider has 70% chance to activate regen after heavy attack but sometimes i can do 3 or 4 heavy attacks and Regen doesnt activated. Its unbelievable!!!
  • Crimson8399Crimson8399 Posts: 749 ★★★
    It honestly seem that most of the % based abilities are broken. Wolverines regen, GRs judgements, BW evade, just to name a few. One that has been really getting me lately is AV special 1 not inflicting bleed. I know its a 65% chance but i've went whole fights and popped off 4 or 5 S1 with no bleed. It used to be very reliable.
  • CrusherOfDreamsCrusherOfDreams Posts: 1,370 ★★★
    It honestly seem that most of the % based abilities are broken. Wolverines regen, GRs judgements, BW evade, just to name a few. One that has been really getting me lately is AV special 1 not inflicting bleed. I know its a 65% chance but i've went whole fights and popped off 4 or 5 S1 with no bleed. It used to be very reliable.

This is entirely correct. I can't speak for GR, I don't have him, but everything else is entirely accurate.

Wolverine has a 14% chance to Regenerate per hit. That means a 70% chance per combo. For me, there's usually a period of time in every fight where I land 4 combos with no Regen. Theoretically, there was a 280% chance for it to trigger. That means it should have triggered three times, or at the very least, twice. But no, it happens once if at all.

You already listed an example of AV and his problems, and I already talked about BW. The game is just messed up.
  • CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    BW should block break and have 50 percent evade
    edited July 2017
    CapWW2 wrote: »
    BW should block break and have 50 percent evade

At least you aren't asking for a Nerf this time.
  • f9_absf9_abs Posts: 126
    Can't agree more on BW and wolverine. Pre v14 my wolverine (4* 4/40 sig 50) used to easily take out BW (mini boss, AQ map 3) and I used to get decent regen. But now wolverine doesn't regen like he used to, BW evades like crazy and it only takes her 1 combo to KO my full health champs!
  • smdam38smdam38 Posts: 820 ★★★
    I actually noticed this on Ultron, he was evading like crazy.
    And on attack, I could not get a bleed.
  • KhanMedinaKhanMedina Posts: 927 ★★★
    smdam38 wrote: »
    I actually noticed this on Ultron, he was evading like crazy.
    And on attack, I could not get a bleed.

This is worse for me since his clearly states it has a 7 second cooldown but he's hit multiple in combos.
  • SlyCat42SlyCat42 Posts: 500 ★★
    So, keep in mind 3% is a chance of every hit.. not that it will only happen 3% of the entire fight.

She can evade 5 times out of ten hits and it is still a 3% chance, it just triggered on all of those attacks.

Also, Ultron is the same way. It is purposeful to trip up people fighting her on defense (at least that is why I assume it is in there).
    SlyCat42 wrote: »
    So, keep in mind 3% is a chance of every hit.. not that it will only happen 3% of the entire fight.

She can evade 5 times out of ten hits and it is still a 3% chance, it just triggered on all of those attacks.

Also, Ultron is the same way. It is purposeful to trip up people fighting her on defense (at least that is why I assume it is in there).

No one is arguing that she has a 3% chance per fight. We're arguing that there is no way we're all getting unlucky enough for it to trigger once every combo four times in a row every time we fight her. The chance is in no way 3%.
  • cccar1420cccar1420 Posts: 57
    She rarely evades my attacks I can go 4-5 fights vs. her and she never evades once but then there are the fights where she'll seem to evade 6-10 times in a 45 hit fight but it's still working the way it's supposed to
  • Mystix13Mystix13 Posts: 50

This is entirely correct. I can't speak for GR, I don't have him, but everything else is entirely accurate.

Wolverine has a 14% chance to Regenerate per hit. That means a 70% chance per combo. For me, there's usually a period of time in every fight where I land 4 combos with no Regen. Theoretically, there was a 280% chance for it to trigger. That means it should have triggered three times, or at the very least, twice. But no, it happens once if at all.

You already listed an example of AV and his problems, and I already talked about BW. The game is just messed up.

Your math is wrong. 14% per hit doesn't accumulate with additional hits. It is a constant. A 5 hit combo looks like this:

Hit 1 - 14% chance
    Hit 2 - 14% chance
    Hit 3 - 14% chance
    Hit 4 - 14% chance
    Hit 5 - 14% chance

There is no addition to the percentage because of a failure for prior consecutive hits. So at the end of the 5 hit combo your chance is still 14%.

Now the BW thing. Same thing. 3% chance per attack which could mean it activates 20% of that particular fight but that's just unlucky.

Mystix13 wrote: »

Your math is wrong. 14% per hit doesn't accumulate with additional hits. It is a constant. A 5 hit combo looks like this:

Hit 1 - 14% chance
    Hit 2 - 14% chance
    Hit 3 - 14% chance
    Hit 4 - 14% chance
    Hit 5 - 14% chance

There is no addition to the percentage because of a failure for prior consecutive hits. So at the end of the 5 hit combo your chance is still 14%.

Now the BW thing. Same thing. 3% chance per attack which could mean it activates 20% of that particular fight but that's just unlucky.

I didn't say that there is an accumulative chance for Regeneration. I said that, as a whole, you have a 14% chance to Regenerate per combo. 14% × 5 = 70%. That's math. I'm not wrong. There's not a 70% chance on that last hit of a combo, and that's not what I said. In the entire combo, you have a 70% shot.
  • Etaki_LirakoiEtaki_Lirakoi Posts: 480 ★★

Hit 1 - 14% chance
    Hit 2 - 14% chance
    Hit 3 - 14% chance
    Hit 4 - 14% chance
    Hit 5 - 14% chance

I didn't say that there is an accumulative chance for Regeneration. I said that, as a whole, you have a 14% chance to Regenerate per combo. 14% × 5 = 70%. That's math. I'm not wrong. There's not a 70% chance on that last hit of a combo, and that's not what I said. In the entire combo, you have a 70% shot.

No... that's not how it works, at all. If it worked like that then every 8 hits you'll proc a regen no matter what (14% x 8 = 112%).

This isn't "simple math", it's chance dude.

Hit 1 - 14% chance
    Hit 2 - 14% chance
    Hit 3 - 14% chance
    Hit 4 - 14% chance
    Hit 5 - 14% chance

No... that's not how it works, at all. If it worked like that then every 8 hits you'll proc a regen no matter what (14% x 8 = 112%).

It is simple math and chance. Theoretically, there is a 70% chance per combo. That doesn't mean it will happen. It's theoretical. If the chance isn't 100%, there will never be a guarantee. Mathematically, he has a 70% chance to Regenerate per combo. That doesn't mean it will happen, and I never said it would.
  • Etaki_LirakoiEtaki_Lirakoi Posts: 480 ★★
    edited July 2017

Hit 1 - 14% chance
    Hit 2 - 14% chance
    Hit 3 - 14% chance
    Hit 4 - 14% chance
    Hit 5 - 14% chance

It is simple math and chance. Theoretically, there is a 70% chance per combo. That doesn't mean it will happen. It's theoretical. If the chance isn't 100%, there will never be a guarantee. Mathematically, he has a 70% chance to Regenerate per combo. That doesn't mean it will happen, and I never said it would.

Then if you flip a coin, it has a 50% chance of getting heads, that means if you flip it twice, it will get heads at least once, which isn't true, at all.

Hit 1 - 14% chance
    Hit 2 - 14% chance
    Hit 3 - 14% chance
    Hit 4 - 14% chance
    Hit 5 - 14% chance

Then if you flip a coin, it has a 50% chance of getting heads, that means if you flip it twice, it will get heads at least once, which isn't true, at all.

Theoretically you will. It's not guaranteed though. I'm not saying it's guaranteed, because it's not 100%, so a guarantee is impossible. I'm saying that, theoretically, he should Regenerate once every 7 or 8 hits. He doesn't do that. Not even close. Sometimes he should Regenerate after 3 hits. Sometimes he should Regenerate after 15 hits. But it's almost never after 3 and almost always after 15. That's problematic. I'm not saying it's a definite guarantee that he'll Regenerate every 8 hits, but that's what it should average out to. It doesn't seem to do that now.
  • Mystix13 wrote: »

Hit 1 - 14% chance
    Hit 2 - 14% chance
    Hit 3 - 14% chance
    Hit 4 - 14% chance
    Hit 5 - 14% chance

Theoretically you will. It's not guaranteed though. I'm not saying it's guaranteed, because it's not 100%, so a guarantee is impossible. I'm saying that, theoretically, he should Regenerate once every 7 or 8 hits. He doesn't do that. Not even close. Sometimes he should Regenerate after 3 hits. Sometimes he should Regenerate after 15 hits. But it's almost never after 3 and almost always after 15. That's problematic. I'm not saying it's a definite guarantee that he'll Regenerate every 8 hits, but that's what it should average out to. It doesn't seem to do that now.

I have fights where Wolverine doesn't regen after 3 or 4 combos, but I also have fights where he triggers it multiple times per combo over multiple combos. I can lose 90% of my health in one fight in AQ, then gain that all back the next fight. We all have unlucky matches, but that doesn't mean the proc rate is bugged. BW has a 3% chance to evade on every hit, which is roughly a 1/33 chance. Seems low, but when you are looking at those odds in a 5 hit combo, they aren't that terrible. Like Wolvie, I have fought her where she doesn't proc evade for multiple fights, and sometimes she procs it multiple times in the same fight. You may have had a couple bad fights, but these champs aren't broken, not in that regard
  • I would also like to point out that Miles Morales' evade chance is close to double what BWs is, and he evades like crazy
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    edited July 2017
    Each ability activation is mutually exclusive. That's been established and agreed. Theoretically speaking, BW could evade every hit in a fight (however, the chances of that happening are near zero).

In essence, she has a 15% chance of evading ONE hit in a 5-hit combo. (remember, each hit does not guarantee or increase the chance of an evade later in the fight)

She has a 1 in 41 million chance of evading all 5.

That being said, Gwenpool has a 30% chance to inflict bleed with each hit. I am statistically guaranteed to cause a bleed with every 4-hit combo. Obviously, that doesn't happen...
  • Ultron evades work like clockwork, he will evade every hit you do when the 7s times out. Before you could assert this easily with Strange, since there was a sync between Ultron evade and Strange changing buff... As for BW, it's clear to me AI has enhanced ability accuracy, it's not only her having a lot of luck, Magik limbo at own bar of power is also very likely to happen, Cable Regen/power gain same, and so on but what worries me more wrt BW is she evading a lot mid special when you fire a multi hit special, an edge use case where you have no defense possibility when she strikes back! I notice this frequently when she is at map 3 miniboss, and the outcome is pretty much you go down...
  • vrtovrto Posts: 218 Content Creator
    edited July 2017
    Another AI ability accuracy with a low chance in theory is you fighting Agent Venom in AW with a L99 Daredevil, it's frequently now that AV 50% chance ends up denying DD a single bullet evade... in whole fight!
  • GwendolineGwendoline Posts: 945 ★★★
    When you throw a coin twice, there is a 50% of getting head the first time, 50% chance of getting heads the second time. There is a 25% chance of getting heads both times, 50% of getting it once, 25% chance of getting tails twice. This means there is a 75% chance of flipping heads at least once. Keeping flipping it, the more you flip, the bigger the chance of at least flipping head once.

If you flip your coin 5 times, there are 32 different possibilities (HHHHH, HHHHT, HHHTH, HHHTT, etc.) only one of those posisbilities is TTTTT, no heads at all. 31/32 means there is now a 97% chance of you flipping heads at least once.

It's the same with Wolverine. The more you hit, the higher the chance of getting at least one regen somewhere. However, you can't add the 14% and say "70% chance in a combo". The first hit has a 14% chance to proc regen, so does the second. If I hit him twice (throwing the coin twice) the chance of at least one of them procing regen goes up to 26%. By the end of the combo the chance is now 53%. By the end of two full combos, there is a chance of 78% that at least 1 regen proc'd. After 3 combo's that chance is 90%. After 4 full combos (20 hits) 95% and after 5 full combo's there is a chance of 98% that a regen has triggered. The chance will never be 100%, but the longer the fight, the higher the chance of it triggering once gets. In theory, it would be really weird to hit 25 times and not trigger any regens, but there is still a 2% chance of that happening.
  • Star31Star31 Posts: 8
    Dexman1349 wrote: »
    In essence, she has a 15% chance of evading ONE hit in a 5-hit combo. (remember, each hit does not guarantee or increase the chance of an evade later in the fight)

Well the 15% is slightly off, but close enough (you could argue it's higher, cause you're not counting the times were multiple evades happen in 1 combo, but that just makes it very difficult for a forum and has very small difference).
    Evading on all 5 combos would be: 1/(0.15)^5 => 1 in 13k. Still very steap, but a lot better odds.
  • GwendolineGwendoline Posts: 945 ★★★
    Star31 wrote: »
    Dexman1349 wrote: »

Well the 15% is slightly off, but close enough (you could argue it's higher, cause you're not counting the times were multiple evades happen in 1 combo, but that just makes it very difficult for a forum and has very small difference).
    Evading on all 5 combos would be: 1/(0.15)^5 => 1 in 13k. Still very steap, but a lot better odds.

Actually, I think it's 14,1266% that she evades at least once in a combo (at least, I counted the chance of multiple evades too). Please correct me if my math is off though, I don't care if it's "too difficult" for the forum, I like precise math.
This discussion has been closed.