**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

What makes MCOC so addicting?

I’m sadly addicted to my phone and I always seem to wander back to this game and get entranced for a while. I’m sure this game is addicting for thousands or even millions of people. Why is it so addicting?

What makes MCOC so addicting? 85 votes

It’s an ingenious way of creating goal oriented content that rewards constant playing.
24%
RektorVivek_786GrafikdevAshburnbuttersBruce12342TrollllolllloEvil_Monkey88VaultFieldministerSolotrixJayCeeHerrPopopLightingrod7krauserhuntAkib35TheBogey08EmeraldGGWPLucifer1810Shep 21 votes
It’s a nerd’s dream - collecting characters, using different powers, creating different synergies, and even finding like-minded players.
31%
GroundedWisdomSpeedbumpBapoiHERVE_LEANDRESuper_Mitch_83LilMaddogHTAhitlawAnimatronics_to3Duke_SilverLucky7LucianoJayProngsRicemanAustin555555Primetime_769Shadow_PhoneixsilvestreLOGAN580AnkalagonnspaceoctopusGSTAR21 27 votes
Simply put - best fighting game ever (this puts giants like Street Fighter or Mortal Kombat to shame because of the community and the nuances)
14%
FuzzylumpsHeadrollerNemesis666Lego_Avengers2issamaf80NamelezPaytoPlayMitchell35XxOriginalxXShadowBlade075An_Asian_1LordNeo 12 votes
Other - please comment below.
29%
DrZolaMegaSkater67Raganatordrowsyhero34weavile2nd_slingshotbeyonder8421MninobodynameplasDean9300450DOKTOROKTOPUSHammerbro_64DTMelodicMetalIanMoonesilverseraphDankestChefTonedefUlysseOdysseus75SmashMrOnizuka 25 votes

Comments

• Options
    TonedefTonedef Posts: 137
    edited August 2018
    It awakens the inner gambler. Buying crystals is the exact same thing as rolling the dice.

If anything, this game has made me love marvel LESS! How they allow their name to be attached to this monstrosity is baffling to me.
  • Options
    beyonder8421beyonder8421 Posts: 881 ★★★
    It has a lot to do with the amount of time you have to dedicate to it to truly progress. So you spend a lot of time doing just one thing, but while doing that thing, you get certain freebies that are luck-dependant. You have good luck sometimes, and you become a gambler. They start releasing content you could beat if you were even luckier, and they start building over that.

Short version: OCD, Gambling, Marketing.
  • Options
    DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    Variable-Ratio Schedule of Reinforcement
  • Options
    MrOnizukaMrOnizuka Posts: 121
    Fans of Marvel!
  • Options
    GlueNoClueGlueNoClue Posts: 76
    Act 5 completion and a 6* ;)
  • Options
    AnkalagonnAnkalagonn Posts: 535 ★★
    It’s a nerd’s dream - collecting characters, using different powers, creating different synergies, and even finding like-minded players.
    Also... they had created a gambling-like game. I least I feel like gambling everytime I open a crystal
  • Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,551 ★★★★★
    edited August 2018
    Marvel. And Skinner boxes.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    DankestChefDankestChef Posts: 420 ★★★
    I just like the suspense when you open a 4 or 5* crystal. But my main reason that I'm "addicted" is my alliance. I met a bunch of wonderful people there and we're like a huge family. I woulda quit months ago but my friends in the alliance kept me going to this day. So its basically the suspense and the community/alliance
  • Options
    SmashSmash Posts: 808 ★★★
    I can’t live without bugs anymore. It’s weird lol
  • Options
    IanMooneIanMoone Posts: 640 ★★
    Bugs and Glitches cant get enough of it i am waiting for my next fix lol
  • Options
    Hyperbolein_1Hyperbolein_1 Posts: 67
    Yes I think their lag and bugs make us addicted
  • Options
    RajutedaRajuteda Posts: 565 ★★
    I like playing with the different mechanics of the various champs and challenges that all the content brings...

Besides im too bored in real life...lol
  • Options
    UlysseOdysseus75UlysseOdysseus75 Posts: 188
    Marvel’s Universe baby
  • Options
    Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,185 ★★★★★
    All of your choices are correct. It is part gambling, part comix collecting ands fandom, with great combat gameplay. And, yes, some bugs, but after 30 years of computing I am used to bugs in most software. And it's a game, so easy enough to chill out about that.
  • Options
    SanaruanSanaruan Posts: 16
    Crystals
  • Options
    2nd_slingshot2nd_slingshot Posts: 233
    The struggle to beat the collector, the bulls hit associated with the game. the frustration when I swipe back and it doesn't register. The worst crystal luck possible right before I pull a God tier. The the the the. Just everything. I'm just addicted(sad face)
  • Options
    Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    Smash wrote: »
    I can’t live without bugs anymore. It’s weird lol

Lol I play some random console game and there are no bugs and I’m like, THIS IS SO CRAZY!!!! And then I get bored and play goat simulator because it’s intentionally buggy 😂
  • Options
    MegaSkater67MegaSkater67 Posts: 1,377 ★★★★
    Love marvel
    Love the gameplay
    Met a lot of good people whilst playing.
    I like reading the story parts of quests.
    Graphics are great and really make the characters look good, some look as if they’ve been taken directly from films and it feels much smoother and more responsive than other mobile games.

In general I just enjoy it. The monthly EQs are always fun to play, wars are fun. The rewards are pretty well structured and spaced out. Progression happens at a good rate in my opinion, if it was too fast it wouldn’t be as interesting because you’d have nothing left to work towards. The only part of the game I don’t enjoy is arena, purely because the fights are really easy/way longer than they need to be when they insist on saving for a sp3. Don’t like spending an hour going through all those fights to do exactly the same thing every 2 hours for a few days. But story quests, event quests, all of that I love as well as collecting so many different characters, most of which are unique in their own way.
  • Options
    silverseraphsilverseraph Posts: 133
    The crystal reel visualization, its a bit misleading because you never really know if youre 1 off of the character youd want or if it just looks that way to make you spin more out and gamble more. This hooks a lot of people to buy more and feed their addiction , draining their trust funds.
  • Options
    krauserhuntkrauserhunt Posts: 365 ★★
    edited August 2018
    It’s an ingenious way of creating goal oriented content that rewards constant playing.
    Under the hood it's point 1, on the outside it's point 2. I grind for point 2 but it's the point 1 that keeps me grinding.
  • Options
    DOKTOROKTOPUSDOKTOROKTOPUS Posts: 1,501 ★★★
    open crystals