**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Summoner Appreciation Week Discussion

Comments

• RafikiiRafikii Posts: 239
    i bet some units will be 50-100... that seems fair doesnt it guys????
  • FhfjghhggggjfhfjgFhfjghhggggjfhfjg Posts: 4,492 ★★★★★
    Rafikii wrote: »
    i bet some units will be 50-100... that seems fair doesnt it guys????

Nah knowing kabam it'll be like 20 units
    Thought50 wrote: »
    Ace_03 wrote: »
    Sn1pes130 wrote: »
    What were people expecting? I'm curious what the issue was because the reaction doesn't match the reality. We saw the comment that it wasn't going to be loads of Shards. Is it the Shards?
    It's impossible to calculate Wars people didn't run. It's a competition. You can't get awarded for what you don't fight. Same with the Arena.
    Can't be the Pots and Boosts. There are Packages designed to select those. Same with Energy. Plus the Halls of Healing will be on.
    The Packages are meant for people to select what affected them the most. That is pretty reasonable. I don't see how the reaction doesn't match the situation.
    Then there's the fact that we're already having access to at least a couple 5*s, if not more, plus a number of 4*s and whatever rolls from the Crystals, and some change. A free T2A, a T4CC, a Basic, etc.
    Somehow I think the reaction would have been the same no matter what they gave because I don't see any request as being reasonable. Tens of thousands of Shards and hundreds of thousands of BCs, et al. Not reasonable to hand out to everyone.

Is it really unreasonable tho to think that many players were effected in more than one aspect of the game? Giving me the option to only “correct” one game mode is BS.

Also my big issue is how Kabam says one thing and then does another. Miike was upfront and said compensation wouldn’t be large amounts of shards, but he also said compensation is not free items. It’s intended to rectify the issues, now they’re giving us a “Appreciation Gift” and calling it compensation. IMO that’s BS.

Summoners Appreciation is supposed to be just that, appreciation. In no way should it be tied to compensation. To give us a “summoners appreciation gift package” to choose from and then say it’s our compensation comes across as lazy and gives the impression that they truly never discussed the real impact for 19.0 overheating and game crashing.

Don't engage him, his agenda is clear, stay away from him.

I agree, but it’s so hard to not engage with someone spouting it such wrong information.

The argument that we are “already getting stuff this month” doesn’t hold water. The login calendar and Gwen at the Movies has nothing to do with Appreciation or Compensation for past issues. That’s like saying,” hey we already gave you free water and AC at the restaurant, so just deal with this free app you didn’t want instead of the properly cooked meal you asked for. “

But this will fall on deaf ears he who should not be named will not get the message and the mods don’t care about us.

Bob and weave, the more he writes and he gets going, that's when you know you are hitting a nerve, don't let him derrail this important topic.

To stay on topic, what would you like to see as compensation? What is fair in your eyes?

For me I’m an understand guy and know mistakes happen. It’s what you do after that matters more. So something along the lines of rewards for Master EQ, half of Gold AW rewards for a season, some BCs from arena maybe 100-200k. And maybe another 4 star crystal like we had in december. Instead of us paying $1 for it we get a free version of the Cinematic champions crystal.
    This would be a middle of the road for what we could have done in 4-5 weeks during the issues from July 4th. And for me it is reasonable. In all honesty I need t2as and t5bs to rank another 5 star or my 6 stars. But a blanket compensation should be in the middle and not cater to end game players.

How about yourself, what is fair in your eyes?

this
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    edited August 2018
    What were people expecting? I'm curious what the issue was because the reaction doesn't match the reality. We saw the comment that it wasn't going to be loads of Shards. Is it the Shards?
    It's impossible to calculate Wars people didn't run. It's a competition. You can't get awarded for what you don't fight. Same with the Arena.
    Can't be the Pots and Boosts. There are Packages designed to select those. Same with Energy. Plus the Halls of Healing will be on.
    The Packages are meant for people to select what affected them the most. That is pretty reasonable. I don't see how the reaction doesn't match the situation.
    Then there's the fact that we're already having access to at least a couple 5*s, if not more, plus a number of 4*s and whatever rolls from the Crystals, and some change. A free T2A, a T4CC, a Basic, etc.
    Somehow I think the reaction would have been the same no matter what they gave because I don't see any request as being reasonable. Tens of thousands of Shards and hundreds of thousands of BCs, et al. Not reasonable to hand out to everyone.

My main issue is; firstly kabam labelling this as appreciation and secondly being forced (as a very active player) to choose which area of the game I was inconvenienced in, when I was inconvenienced in every part of the game. I missed out on many arenas, all aq, all aw and event quests which I needed to use units to finish.

I experienced overheating to the point where I couldn’t log on for more than 10 minutes sometimes. Now I have to choose whether I want some arena boosts OR revives and boosts for Aw/Aq OR a questing bundle. I would rather see myself get compensated for all the inconvenience I have been caused.

I know analogies don’t always work, but think if you will of a restaurant. If a waiter comes out, drops some food on you, then while trying to clean up he spills cleaning fluid on you and rips your coat, then he takes it all away. Meanwhile they bring out your food again, but it’s the wrong food and it’s cold. After all that you get overcharged. Clearly, you complain.

The manager comes out and says he’s sorry and that as he appreciates you so much, you can either be reimbursed for your starter, your main course, your coat or your shirt and you have to choose one.

I don’t like that kabam, by calling this summoner appreciation, are trying to spin this as though they are being nice and making sure we all feel thought about. When, in reality, this is to make up for all the issues of the past month. In the past, we have had a whole month of appreciation just because. For no reason. We had the same in game items (or more in some cases) gifted to us a) in the last summoner appreciation month and b) as compensation for simply a few days of server outage not to mention a whole month of overheating.

It really shows how kabam have changed when you compare the appreciation situations.

This year-
    Duration: week
    Cause: month of server outages , overheating leading to the game being unplayable. Intended as compensation
    Rewards: not near what was lost due to the issues we are being compensated for

June last year-
    Duration: month
    Cause: no reason, to actually appreciate us
    Rewards: more than this year

Also you seem to be implying that we should be treating gwenpool goes to the movies and calendar as part of the compensation: “Then there's the fact that we're already having access to at least a couple 5*s, if not more, plus a number of 4*s and whatever rolls from the Crystals, and some change. A free T2A, a T4CC, a Basic, etc.“

This is not correct. Had the overheating issues not occurred, we would still have GPGTTM and the same calendar would still be here. As such, you cannot treat, or expect anyone to treat these as why we shouldn’t be annoyed with the “compensation”

I'm not calling it part of the Compensation. I'm pointing out that it's still part of what is being given this month. It all adds up.
    Regardless of what you call it, it's still not going to amount to what people expected. Appreciation is the week-long Event. The Compensation is the selectable Package. That's what was stated.
    I don't compare these things because there is no such norm in giving them. It depends on situations and other factors, and it's not reasonable to expect anything based on the previous one. These things aren't set in stone. There's no standard for them.
    As for what could have, we will have to disagree on that one. Same with the idea of Compesnation for Seasons delayed, I feel the same way about War and Arenas. You can't claim being owed anything if you don't fight. They're competitions. Rewards are earned by participation. Are people owed something for their trouble? Sure. That's what they're doing. Problem is, the demands are not realistic and people aren't happy, IMO. Not really new for these situations.
    i hate prestige based rewards... i myself have r3 5*s as my top champ, but im constantly running UC event quest with barely any issues. i can do act 5 with little effort (other than having the time and movements for it, considering all these "nice" things kabam does for us still end up taking a large amount of movement) but i cant get top rewards like everyone else because i havent r4 enough champs? kinda lame to me
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    axelelf_1 wrote: »
    Iksdjvan wrote: »
    When you go to a restaurant and they serve you a meal that is not cooked to your order or was just a horrible meal for you the manager of a good restaurant will bring you the order Cooked properly or offer a substitute meal with a discount of some type if not removing the charge for the meal altogether. A good restaurant will always go over and above to ensure you leave with if not a positive experience at least feeling desired and valued for giving them a try and with a reason to return and give them another chance.

Why do they do this? It's because they know that if a customer goes away with a bad taste in their mouth they are not only less likely to return but are also highly likely to tell their friends to avoid that place. But even if they lose money on that visit from that customer by giving them more than is necessary, it increases the chances they make a return visit. Not only will they return but they will come back with friends and with good will for that restaurant because they know that they matter.

What this is to me is the equivalent of taking 3 bites from a meal before returning it due to it's inedibility and the manager returning with the exact same meal cooked slightly better but with 3 bites taken out of it.

This inspires no loyaty of patronage. It gives no reason to believe ones concerns are listened to or understood. It breeds no Goodwill from the loyal customers who have stuck through the last year of bug after bug costing them more and more of their time or money when the game wasn't down due to server error or crashing during a crystal opening or right before an aw/aq fight.

This literally kills the giddiness I used to feel when I thought about the next offer coming out on fridays. I remember I would set aside $30 a week just to spend on this game and often I would spend more. I would sit excited literally watching the clock for it to strike 1 p.m. just to see the offer and decide if it's units this week or a crystal package or catalyst offer. That giddy anxiety has fled and this only goes to chase it away.

I’ve thought about this analogy and come to the conclusion that Kabam isn’t like a restaurant (let alone a good one) but like a crack dealer; they know we’re all addicted and they couldn’t care less about how we feel about their product as long as we keep coming back. And if they could simply rob us without giving us anything and get away with it, they would.

I 100% agree. They know that regardless of how terribly they treat us we'll come back for more.
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    Timone147 wrote: »
    Just wait until they have multiple outages during summoner appreciation week. They'll need compensation for there compensation lol

Ummm... please... it's "appreciation"
    Sn1pes130 wrote: »

Is it really unreasonable tho to think that many players were effected in more than one aspect of the game? Giving me the option to only “correct” one game mode is BS.

Also my big issue is how Kabam says one thing and then does another. Miike was upfront and said compensation wouldn’t be large amounts of shards, but he also said compensation is not free items. It’s intended to rectify the issues, now they’re giving us a “Appreciation Gift” and calling it compensation. IMO that’s BS.

Summoners Appreciation is supposed to be just that, appreciation. In no way should it be tied to compensation. To give us a “summoners appreciation gift package” to choose from and then say it’s our compensation comes across as lazy and gives the impression that they truly never discussed the real impact for 19.0 overheating and game crashing.

Don't engage him, his agenda is clear, stay away from him.

I agree, but it’s so hard to not engage with someone spouting it such wrong information.

The argument that we are “already getting stuff this month” doesn’t hold water. The login calendar and Gwen at the Movies has nothing to do with Appreciation or Compensation for past issues. That’s like saying,” hey we already gave you free water and AC at the restaurant, so just deal with this free app you didn’t want instead of the properly cooked meal you asked for. “

But this will fall on deaf ears he who should not be named will not get the message and the mods don’t care about us.

Bob and weave, the more he writes and he gets going, that's when you know you are hitting a nerve, don't let him derrail this important topic.

To stay on topic, what would you like to see as compensation? What is fair in your eyes?
    No, that's not it at all. I just don't agree with the expectations. People can express and demand what they like. That doesn't make it reasonable.
    To be totally honest, it's just the opposite. I'm trying to offer some reasoning so people understand a bit more and cause themsleves LESS frustration. People don't want to hear reason when they're upset. They just label me a Troll and accuse me of derailing because they don't like to hear the truth. I don't think I'll bother, if that's the case. Vent away.
  • Noob2435Noob2435 Posts: 627 ★★★
    Question is, will kabam own up to their mistake and make it better or roll out this **** as comp for everything this past month.

No probably just ignore us
This discussion has been closed.