Summoner Appreciation Week Discussion

Comments

• Kade7175Kade7175 Member Posts: 304 ★★
    I just hope the mods take some time and read this and reply
  • JayCeeJayCee Member Posts: 732 ★★
    edited August 2018
    Anyone else think that this is scam Kabam is trying to use to stop everyone leaving the game, which, btw, would allow the servers to actually work for once
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Member Posts: 36,481 ★★★★★
    edited August 2018
    -.-
    It's brought up so many times now, I would be surprised if it had any effect at all. People aren't happy, Boycott, Reviews, lather, rinse, repeat.
  • Animejay70Animejay70 Member Posts: 400 ★★★
    Werewrym wrote: »
    @Kabam Miike @Kabam Lyra Please address the concerns of this thread today. And before you type up the generic "We understand your concerns but do not plan to change anything" post please think about what exactly that will mean to the MCoC community. This is no longer only about compensation/appreciation, this is about keeping your word.

@Kabam Miike told us that the compensation/appreciation would attempt to make up for what we missed out on during the overheating fiasco and the game outages. Well the community has spoken and the overwhelming majority of us concur on the fact that this compensation does not do what you guys wanted it to do. We all realize and have accepted that Kabam's compensation is not about free stuff but currently it is way too far on the other side of the spectrum and can hardly be considered sufficient compared to the amount of content that was missed out on because of issues outside of our control.

Please do not make the mistake of taking lightly the concerns of your loyal player base. We have stuck with you guys for years through everything good and bad. Now it's Kabam's turn to stick with us. It is extremely important that this compensation is done right, because there just might be consequences if it is done wrong. Please do the right thing here and take our concerns to the team.

I think they meant it's their turn to stick it TO us...
  • WerewrymWerewrym Member Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    Animejay70 wrote: »
    @Kabam Miike @Kabam Lyra Please address the concerns of this thread today. And before you type up the generic "We understand your concerns but do not plan to change anything" post please think about what exactly that will mean to the MCoC community. This is no longer only about compensation/appreciation, this is about keeping your word.

@Kabam Miike told us that the compensation/appreciation would attempt to make up for what we missed out on during the overheating fiasco and the game outages. Well the community has spoken and the overwhelming majority of us concur on the fact that this compensation does not do what you guys wanted it to do. We all realize and have accepted that Kabam's compensation is not about free stuff but currently it is way too far on the other side of the spectrum and can hardly be considered sufficient compared to the amount of content that was missed out on because of issues outside of our control.

Please do not make the mistake of taking lightly the concerns of your loyal player base. We have stuck with you guys for years through everything good and bad. Now it's Kabam's turn to stick with us. It is extremely important that this compensation is done right, because there just might be consequences if it is done wrong. Please do the right thing here and take our concerns to the team.

I think they meant it's their turn to stick it TO us...

I updated it to be more clear.
    @GroundedWisdom I don't want to start any arguments here because that would be unproductive, but I want to point out one thing. This compensation packages is probably adequate for some summoners. I know you have said that for yourself it is enough. That's awesome, and I'm glad that you are satisfied, but there are many summoners out there that missed out on so much more than what Kabam is offering as compensation. Mike said that the goal of the compensation was to make up for what people missed out on, so aren't summoners justified in being frustrated when that goal isn't met for them? I realize that we can't expect to be compensated for every little thing we could have done while the game was unplayable, but this appreciation package covers probably less than 10% of what many summoners missed out on. My big issue here isn't that we aren't getting enough "free stuff" because I honestly couldn't care less, its the fact that Kabam set themselves a standard and then promptly failed to meet it.

I'm cool with that. That's reasonable feedback. When people resort to making a target out of me and just venting that the company doesn't care, it's not really helping the cause.
  • Player644Player644 Member Posts: 37
    I would appreciate a working game, it has been months of non stop lagging and overheating since way back in 17.0 for me. If the game will continue to not work then yes adequate compensation for the downtime is more than fair and as someone pointed out we are getting less than 10% of what we could of earned. Iv resorted to playing solo as i don't want to let any alliances down as i can not trust the game to run properly so I have missed out on months of rewards from all aspects of the game. Making us choose only 1 "gift" from a handful of underwhelming choices is disgraceful, but all i want is a working game and I will go earn the rewards myself. The state of this game at the moment will make it impossible for me to EARN this "compensation" and seeing as it will be over before the next patch that is also a slap in the face, but please more than anything just fix the damn game please.
  • FortuneFortune Member Posts: 61
    anyway, back to the discussion, I would really love to get a reply from one of the mods regarding the mistake of thinking that "appreciation" is the same as "compensation"
  • Animejay70Animejay70 Member Posts: 400 ★★★
    by using my normal scores and arena ranking over the 4 weeks (i think), i lost roughly 11k 5* shards, so yes this compensation is not enough for me.

While i should expect that back, since they can look at my history, i would be okay with 5k shards in my case because at least i didn't have to spend the time because i was concerned about my phone and had war and aq to do.
  • Hyperbolein_1Hyperbolein_1 Member Posts: 67
    They don’t even care how much we lost ,it’s just a random compensation,but the thing is that a way too far from what we really lost
  • Kade7175Kade7175 Member Posts: 304 ★★
    edited August 2018
    @Kabam Miike you said that the comp and summoner appreciation would be seprate in a post last week when you told us not to expect much. Care to share why they're one thing now?
  • WerewrymWerewrym Member Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    Kade7175 wrote: »
    @kamammiike you said that the comp and summoner appreciation would be seprate in a post last week when you told us not to expect much. Care to share why they're one thing now?

You are tagging the wrong Mike... this is the correct one @Kabam Miike
This discussion has been closed.