**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Upcoming Changes to Mystic Dispersion and Dexterity - Discussion Thread

Comments

• Tasty_Yum_YumsTasty_Yum_Yums Posts: 444 ★★★
    Hmmm......rank down tickets. I'm not fussed either way to be honest as I have bugger all decent Mystics for Wars defence. Should we get RDT's? Possibly. Correct me if I'm wrong but if you do rank down a Mystic R5 4 star or R4/5 5 star champ, what are we all going to do with the Mystic T4CC's? They'd be useless unless you traded in three for ONE of another class. Which to me is just a bad idea. So I'm somewhat......puzzled. Pretty much sitting on my hands on this one.

I am not trying to speak for everyone else, but people are more concerned with T2As and T5Bs than class specific T4cc. For me, I would not have used T2As on Dorm given this nerf.
  • StarDarts_89StarDarts_89 Posts: 419 ★★
    Jlema76 wrote: »
    Will we get any rank down tickets for this?

Really??? SMH
  • Evil_DevilEvil_Devil Posts: 57
    edited September 2018
    Refunding all resources that been used to purchase Mystic Dispersion is fair move, because at the end the player is the one to decide whether to keep MD or not as per the new changes, it's not Kabam's team decision to decide this even if multiple Beta tests were done. especially as no one from Kabam has ever said that Dex repeated buff is a bug and it will be fixed in the future despite all players at the days when we had all defenders as Mystic defenders sending Kabam messages and posting on forum that wars for higher level alliances are only mystic defenders, and kabam said it's not a bug.
    Alliances were pushing members to buy MD mastery and to rank up Mystic defenders so they can rank up in AW.
    As a conclusion I think what would be minimum fair is Kabam issuing at least 5 Rank down Mystic credits and with credit u get to purchase either 6*,5*,4* or 3* mystic down ticket and those tickets enable player to take any mystic hero from current level to Rank1.
    And i think this method should be used for AA and Drax.
    Kabam should introduce specific rank down ticket for each significant change to character to keep the game fair.
    And also, could Kabam list all the bugs which need to be fixed in future so people won't invest resources and rank up material on from now.
    Lastly comparing beta test with the actual AW is not even closer to reality, nowadays players will boost up with all the boosts in the universe before entering fight against mystic defender and he/she fighting with blade, if the player lost half health in AW and he/she used blade in beta and lost half health it's not equal, who cares if you died thousand time on a beta test.
    In my opinion Juggs, Dorm, UC are highly affected by this as well as the other mystic defenders.

"Dread it, Run from it, Down tickets will arrive." lol
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    I made the mistake of resetting my Mastery Points yesterday, and when I got to my Mystic Dispersion, I couldn't enter it anymore, and now instead of Level 4 MD, I have none at all! 5 replies from KABAM have not solved it. I'm told that MD is disabled to all players, but mine is completely removed and shows zero. Is this the same for everyone. I thought for other people it was just not active, but not completely erased. I'm interested to hear of others having a similar experience?

I did something similar. I changed my masteries to enable suicides to help grind arena this weekend. I've had MD maxed for over a year.

@Kabam Miike Come Monday can you guys please check the data to ensure that players who recently changed their masteries are not overlooked when mastery compensation is calculated?
  • I made the mistake of resetting my Mastery Points yesterday, and when I got to my Mystic Dispersion, I couldn't enter it anymore, and now instead of Level 4 MD, I have none at all! 5 replies from KABAM have not solved it. I'm told that MD is disabled to all players, but mine is completely removed and shows zero. Is this the same for everyone. I thought for other people it was just not active, but not completely erased. I'm interested to hear of others having a similar experience?

I did something similar. I changed my masteries to enable suicides to help grind arena this weekend. I've had MD maxed for over a year.

@Kabam Miike Come Monday can you guys please check the data to ensure that players who recently changed their masteries are not overlooked when mastery compensation is calculated?

Thanks @Kabam Miike. No one at Kabam help center seemed to understand at all what happened to me. Thank you for knowing straight away.
  • AcuTarAAcuTarA Posts: 139
    I leveled my friend's Mystic Dispersion mastery by gifting him mystical mastery cores. Do I get a refund for those purchased cores, or does my friend get compensated? Maybe neither?
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,655 ★★★★★
    AcuTarA wrote: »
    I leveled my friend's Mystic Dispersion mastery by gifting him mystical mastery cores. Do I get a refund for those purchased cores, or does my friend get compensated? Maybe neither?

Your friend will obtained loyalty. You will not have any.
  • AcuTarAAcuTarA Posts: 139
    winterthur wrote: »

Tell me if I'm right: If you purchased the mystical mastery cores with Units you get units, if you exenged loyalty for them you get all you spent in return? But the Mastery will still be around, only modified, so do you have a choice to keep the cores if you still want MD? Or now there is no need for them? I'm confused.

Tell me if I'm right: If you purchased the mystical mastery cores with Units you get units, if you exenged loyalty for them you get all you spent in return? But the Mastery will still be around, only modified, so do you have a choice to keep the cores if you still want MD? Or now there is no need for them? I'm confused.

This is how I read it works.

1/ Buy using units, get units refund
    2/ Farm in quest + buy with loyalty + gift from friends, get refund in loyalty

Your mastery is set to zero (no need to unlock up to last unlocking.

3/ Use refund units or loyalties to buy it or farm again.

• Dr_Doob617Dr_Doob617 Posts: 35
    edited September 2018
    I made the mistake of resetting my Mastery Points yesterday, and when I got to my Mystic Dispersion, I couldn't enter it anymore, and now instead of Level 4 MD, I have none at all! 5 replies from KABAM have not solved it. I'm told that MD is disabled to all players, but mine is completely removed and shows zero. Is this the same for everyone. I thought for other people it was just not active, but not completely erased. I'm interested to hear of others having a similar experience?

Same here, I reset my utility tree last night for war defense just to find that I couldn’t place points back into mystic dispersion, which I’ve run maxed out for over a year. Went through 4 tickets with support before they finally just sent back some stupid generic response and closed the ticket out, their support team is worthless.

@Kabam Miike It should have really been stated better in the post that the mastery would be locked from putting points back into it, regardless of whether the levels were already unlocked. To say it will be locked from “purchasing new levels” I interpreted as unlocking new levels with cores, not that it would be outright locked off from putting points back into it at all.

When you took your “snapshot” I had 5 points not even in anything as I was going back and forth with the terrible support team on this matter waiting to see if I would be able to place the points back in at some point or if I was really gonna have to wait a week to put points back into something I purchased.

This is
    Dr_Doob617 wrote: »
    @Kabam Miike It should have really been stated better in the post that the mastery would be locked from putting points back into it, regardless of whether the levels were already unlocked. To say it will be locked from “purchasing new levels” I interpreted as unlocking new levels with cores, not that it would be outright locked off from putting points back into it at all.

When you took your “snapshot” I had 5 points not even in anything as I was going back and forth with the terrible support team on this matter waiting to see if I would be able to place the points back in at some point or if I was really gonna have to wait a week to put points back into something I purchased.

To fix this, they will have to review movement in this mastery before 31 Aug ... :s
  • AndyBaron7AndyBaron7 Posts: 292
    Don’t mean to sound rude here but will I be given rank down tickets for this ? I maxed that mastery early on as was great for war defence. I ranked up junk champions like mordo to r4 wasting valuable alpha 2 loads of gold ect on a champ I simply wouldn’t have ranked without that mastery. I also ranked up dorm and juggernaught for the same reason. As they were better defensive for our team with that mastery. It’s all well and good getting back about 3000 units and my loyalty but that doesn’t return the effort I put into my roster as a result please understand this while your considering taking away what I built my roster around.
  • DRob74DRob74 Posts: 93
    edited September 2018
    @Kabam Miike @Kabam Wolf

I wanted to start by saying I appreciate the effort you guys are putting into this change specifically and considering various ways to help make sure fair compensation and data is being looked at and considered. With that said, I know the final say for RDT is in the air regarding this until more data and observation takes place but based on changes in the past and when RDT has been given this change is significant enough to warrant them and would be in keeping with what has been done historically.

I know RDT’s make certain things a nightmare for you and your team but I honestly don’t know how you don’t give it with these changes. Will some still use mystics and will they still be semi effective in AWD or used for questing sure. Most of us ranked Mystics specifically because of AWD. Regardless of whether or not we can use them in questing or other game modes...champs are primarily ranked for AW. When diversity came into effect many mystic champs would no longer be used for the sake of having full diversity. With the introduction of Blade, Gulk, and Bishop more counters became available for mystics. Now with this change it really does give a complete overall to the power and significance of the mystics champs. Some of these champs I personally have had as r4 since prior to Act 5 (Magik, Mordo, UC). The resources and stones spent on these champs has been significant and now many I’ve compleeyly stopped placing in AWD because of their lack of effectiveness and that is without the changes in place yet (specifically with UC who was 1.6mil in loyalty to dupe, stones used, and now will hardly be used).

I’m not a huge fan of RDTs being given out all of the time but if you considering all of the changes or new content that has come the effectiveness and use of mystics has drastically changed from where they originally started prior to diversity, new champs, and now MD changes. Sorry for the novel 😁.
  • weapon_xweapon_x Posts: 29
    I think there is a huge miss here. While cores and mastery costs are significant, they can’t be compared to the value of resources it took to rank mystic 5* champions to rank 5 and 4. While some of these mystic champs can in theory be used in attack (e.g. Magik), most of them were ranked purely for defense (Dormammu, Mephisto, Mordo etc). Mastery cost is tiny compared to Tier 5 Basic catalysts and Tier 2 Alpha we spent on these champions. We need 5* mystic rank down tickets, at least one for 5/65 owners and 2-3 for 4/55, I stopped playing the game competitively at this point until this will be addressed . Cc @Kabam Miike
  • DshuDshu Posts: 1,503 ★★★★
    This is probably the best change of an ability and reimbursement of resources I've seen in the game. Having been part of the beta test I noticed very little change to md on attack champs. The changes in how md and evade interact on defense is a huge improvement. Anyone asking for rank down tickets I want to understand how you feel this change really hurts the game. If anything it opens aw up for more diverse attack teams. At this point in the game even md 5 is a joke on defense with all the blade trinity teams on attack. If you wanted to cry for rank down tickets you should have done that when blade ended the usefulness of your mystic defenders. I don't normally agree with kabam when they make major changes to the game but if they handle this as promised in the announcement I will give credit where it is due. Bravo game team and I'm looking forward to seeing your new spin on pure skill.
  • vinniegainzvinniegainz Posts: 902 ★★★
    So for those who bought cores with both units and loyalty how will they be refunded?
  • B_Dizzle_01B_Dizzle_01 Posts: 1,637 ★★★
    edited September 2018
    Question. Since dex will no longer expire nor activate until an attack is made. Masochism nodes will not proc off dex anymore correct?

I know it’s slightly off topic and has nothing to do with MD but does have to do with dex.

@Kabam Miike
  • I reset my mastery ( I already unlocked this prior to Aug 31) but why can't I use it again?

You only say in the forum that we are not able to unlock further rank for this Mastery. You didn't say anything about we MUST NOT RESET our Mastery or else we can't use our previously unlocked MD till Sep 5.

Can we level them up again on Sep 5, or we are screwed not being able to use or test it until Sep 11 along with the new MD?

me5ixtmtsir4.png

@kabammiike
    I have the same question and of course am not getting the slightest bit of help from the support team. Your original post said it would be LOCKED on 8/31/18. Well, LOCKED means that you can't remove it or add to it. I always take off dexterity when I fight a Dormammu so I don't get degen to death. I went in and did that today and to my surprise I could not add back my 3 levels of MD that were already unlocked. Your post was very specific that we would be prevented from unlocking new levels.....but never said that we would be prevented from making changes to utility masteries as we would not be able to add back already unlocked levels. This is unacceptable and needs to be fixed right away. The whole system of changing masteries is messed up that you can't just change them individually and have to do entire sets of offense, defense or utility anyway. This is a desperately needed improvement in the future. But being able to add back already unlocked levels of MD needs fixed ASAP!!!! This was totally false advertising on your part. LOCKED means we should not have been able to remove MD when we reset utility to make changes to other utility masteries if you aren't going to let us add back levels that were already unlocked.
  • Resetei minha aba de utilidades apenas para redistribuir pontos da destreza, nada relacionado com a dispersão. Porém agora não consigo formatar minha dispersão como ela estava(nível4). Lamentável que isso não ficou muitp claro no comunicado que vocés liberaram.
  • Noname54Noname54 Posts: 58
    So now.you ignore all our post kabam ????
    I would like to understand what happens on the 5th Sep to 11th Sep. I have unlocked level 3. Do I get to test MD at level 5 for free or only up to level 3?

Is it that mastery recovery point will be issued and I put back mastery points from beginning of the mastery tree?

What will I have in the inventory or Stash?
    Noname54 wrote: »

It's 'graveyard shift now. You may get a reply from Mods, 10 hours later.

It's 'graveyard shift now. You may get a reply from Mods, 10 hours later.

Since annoucement. we all asked them.1 mystic rank donw ticket for this specific class. We should get it because like majority of players we ranked some mystics for their interaction with MD.

They can't refuse it to us. they change mecanic of this so champs will don't work like we wanted now.

What is 1 mystic rankdown ticket ? why it's complicated to accord us this ? seriously i begin to be tired with this company, seriously...
    Since annoucement. we all asked them.

I have 4* Juggs at rank 4 with awakening gem used plus sig stones (I think).

I will get it too? :)

it's just an insult seriously ! they replied to everyone on others topic but ignore it here since all want 1 mystic specific class rankdown ticket... seriously it's an insult. it's like to speak with a wall @Kabam Miike @Kabam Valkyrie @Kabam Lyra @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Zibiit

Seriously ??? any update/reply ???
  • UppercutUppercut Posts: 158
    it's just an insult seriously ! they replied to everyone on others topic but ignore it here since all want 1 mystic specific class rankdown ticket... seriously it's an insult. it's like to speak with a wall @Kabam Miike @Kabam Valkyrie @Kabam Lyra @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Zibiit

Seriously ??? any update/reply ???

Please remember that one mystic ticket might be sufficient for you but some of us have multiple R5 and R4 mystic defenders so tickets should be account based
This discussion has been closed.