**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Anyone duping 5s?

Comments

• Options
    DOKTOROKTOPUSDOKTOROKTOPUS Posts: 1,501 ★★★
    idk about others, but i have really good champions for a 18 roster 5* champs (i pulled medusa, blade, ms, dorm)

when i only have 4* at that time they were all random/trash champs
  • Options
    Isman1998Isman1998 Posts: 520 ★★★
    Rank up Hawkeye. That man is a beast. He dont need to be duped.
  • Options
    Atticus9090Atticus9090 Posts: 521 ★★
    Doesn’t get much worse than me. I’ve got 30 5*s all unduped. Only 5% of them are great unduped
  • Options
    AleorAleor Posts: 3,054 ★★★★★
    Rap wrote: »
    Simple question guys? Isn't it? Level 5 4 star Star Lord with a level 99 special or a 5 star Star Lord locked with no special? Which deserves the limited supplies i have available?

lol, boi, you choose champ who relies on his sig more than any other and making him a general example? better compare 4* and 5* Angela, while her dupe does exactly nothing

also I have forced rank r4 5" hype and ultron not duped, while have duped iron patriot, magneto and winter soldier. guess what? even with sig 200 they are not worth r4 resources.
    now I have r2a burning again, and as you may see (https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/568682#Comment_568682), I mostly consider champs who are not duped
  • Options
    MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,366 ★★★★★
    The_One wrote: »
    I have 3 t2a in my stash and I'm trying to decide whether to rank 4 GR, sentinel or Angela.
    None are duped.

I have SL, AA and MODOK at rank 4.
    I also have 3 T4 science cats, 2 t4 skill cats and 3 T4 mystic cats in overflow

Nice problems to have! I live in a a T4CC desert.

At least Angela doesn't require her dupe. She's well worth ranking up. Sentinel and GR would be better with it, but are very playable without. Unless you've already got a cosmic big-hitter, I'd lean towards Angela.
  • Options
    RapRap Posts: 3,194 ★★★★
    Thanks guys. I am gonna sit on my goods for now. 275 away from another chance to beat the odds...so! Hawkeye is the favorite possibilty if i rank unduped.
  • Options
    StarDarts_89StarDarts_89 Posts: 419 ★★
    Dupped my 5* SpiderGwen yesterday... RIP
  • Options
    Rap wrote: »
    We are in agreement dj. I have all but three of the god tier champs as 4 stars...unlocked...so there is little or no incentive to use goods on 5s. One thing i feel strongly they should do (and others have.brought this up in previous posts) reduce the number of shards for a 5 star crystal.

People have been asking for 5* availability to increase for a long time. They are now somewhere between five times easier to get and ten times easier to get than they were originally, and for many players even more than that. Anyone still asking for them to be significantly easier to get after a 5x to 10x improvement in the game is probably not going to be satisfied with a 20x improvement.
  • Options
    Austin555555Austin555555 Posts: 3,043 ★★★★★
    Before week 4 of gwenpool goes to the movies, no 5* dupes.
    Day 1 of week 4, 3 5* dupes in an hour
  • Options
    Lucky stiff!
  • Options
    raffsterraffster Posts: 1,071 ★★★
    I have 43 5*s and duped Ghostrider, Voodoo, Magik, Hyperion, og Iron Man, Hulkbuster, Elektra, Rocket Raccoon.
  • Options
    RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    I've seen post like these since 5.4 was released. People rush to get that initial completion with no plans on what to do with the t2a they'd be getting and are screwed into either using them on bad champs or letting them expire because they don't have the t4cc or gold to use them.

Just like anything in life, you need to plan what you do.
  • Options
    You assume to much and quit arrogantly. I haven't rushed into anything. Kabam has crammed the 5 star shards and 2tA shards down our throats while. I had no interest in either...but kabam insisted. Where i would have rather gotten t4c they gave us 5 star shards.
  • Options
    CiqMCOCCiqMCOC Posts: 63
    Yeah duped my red cyclops and Karnak
  • Options
    (Too and quite) anything i have accomplished in the game has been done with 4s. What i needed were t4c but kabam withheld and gave out 5 star shards instead. So over time i aquired 5 stars. It is, has been, and remains kabams desire to set all of our agendas...you say i don't have a plan? I do! Not to let kabam lead me around by the nose.
  • Options
    I never pursued the aqusition t2a. All 11 i have were given to me in fragments over time. As for a plan? I do have a plan. Not to allow kabam to push me into using many things to save one thing that i wasn't even after to begin with. As for being ready? I have everything for raising one or two of the 5s beyond where they are...but i see no point in investing in any 5 that isn't duped or worthwhile unduped. I have some good fives. But cause i have a plan that doesn't include ranking rashly and without good reason i will sell excess t2a before i use them. They want to push us to the limits on all of our goods the less ready we are the better it is for them.
  • Options
    So up top they are already duping 6 stars and down here we can't dupe 5s. I think they should dump the entire marvel roster into the 6 star like they did the fives.
  • Options
    ẞlооdẞlооd Posts: 2,005 ★★★★
    Not sure why you're so hung up on duping. It's not necessary for many champs.

As for duping a champ right after you took one up.. well.. that's just how it goes baby! The game isn't designed in a way that you have complete control over the champs you dupe. Gotta work around it.

The game has it's perameters to make it a challenge. And for that, it's way funner when you DO dupe a champ you want.
  • Options
    It is pretty obvious you are in a situation where the goods required are flowimg to you pretty steadily. That makes it easier to risk supplies on a poor choice or a mistaken choice. When it is a relentless grind in this never ending carnival of disappointment where we are trapped playing one rigged arcade game after another to aquire those goods? Not so appealing to risk 2 months worrh of goods.
  • Options
    Epsilon3Epsilon3 Posts: 1,138 ★★★
    Jane Foster

*so many times
  • Options
    CassyCassy Posts: 1,071 ★★★
    my last pulls have all been dupes.

Colossus, GR, Hulk.
  • Options
    I have considered unduped hawkeye and Drax unduped. My 4 st SL is at 80 sig and Gamora (no even!) Is 99 sig so Drax would be a useful choice same with yondu and Mordo. At what numbers in your roster did you start duping those of you that have? I am at 70 percent dupe rate on 4s and 90 percent dupe on 3s. How many do i need to crack to hit the zone?
  • Options
    RichiesDad79RichiesDad79 Posts: 1,003 ★★★
    I got a duped Old Man Logan. And he's the only one out of 14 champs.
  • Options
    No luck duping with my last crystal but not disappointed...winter soldier is a good addition.
  • Options
    This game is very much too dependent on RNG, but you make your own luck. If you put in the time and or money to grind shards and rank-up material you can go very far in this game. If you can't or wont do that then there's no point in complaining.
  • Options
    TimrosTimros Posts: 267
    Yep, I've got 14 5* champs, and just recently duped my OG magneto out of my mediocre collection.
    dxovjmd8ngkw.png

• Options
    zuffyzuffy Posts: 2,146 ★★★★★
    You have quake, sparky, killmonger, Hyperion!!!! I wouldn’t be mad with the only duped being magneto.
  • Options
    TimrosTimros Posts: 267
    Oh no, I'm not mad. But it's always a little disapointing when you don't get a champ you want.
  • Options
    New players have no idea how easy they have it. "Only 1/3 of my champs are god tier and I only get 10k shards every two weeks, it's not fair!"