**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

[iOS] 20.0 Lag, Crashing and Performance Investigation

Comments

• XanderFly
    iPhone 6+
    Both, mostly strong in Home WiFi
    Newest update of MCOC

Once again I am back to having overheating, significant battery draining very quickly and terrible lagging after 15-20 min of playtime... this is making it very difficult to grind arena for Omega Red champ and very difficult to run event quest for more than one run at a time. This issue has just recently returned with new update as I was able to grind and get Korg via featured 4* arena and had no overheating issues or game altering lag. Please give this immediate attention as it is ruining the gameplay again
  • verge_121verge_121 Posts: 82
    Verge121
    iPhone se
    Wifi and data
    Version 20.0.1

Having overheating and excessive battery consumption after about twenty mins of game play
  • In game name: talldragon69
    Device:iPad Air
    Device operating system: 11.4.1
    Cellular or WiFi: WiFi
    Game Version:20.0.1
    Game Mode: Danger Room, opening crystals, AQ, all regular quests and event quests. During game play, serious lag effect right at the start of each battle when the two champions come at each other, then intermittently throughout, making it impossible to battle.
    I have noticed the lag in previous game versions with crystals openings, now, since the latest version, it’s throughout every game mode.
  • DjedwDjedw Posts: 3
    In game name Djedw
    Device iPhone 7 & iPad.
    Device operating system IOS 11.4.1
    cellular & WiFi
    Game Version 20.0.1
    Game mode Arena, event quests, story quests, Alliance Wars & Quests
    Game starts ok but device starts to get warm after a few minutes. Game starts to lag but this gets worse until game is lagging so much you can not play or it just turns off. It normally turns off after about 15 to 20 minutes.

• ingame name:zooma4858
    device model : huawei y7 prime
    op : 8.0.0
    cellular or wifi : both
    game version: 20.0.1
    have found the lags in all of the game except arena
    problem is the response time is very bigand sometimes doesnt even respond
  • Drummer16Drummer16 Posts: 324 ★★
    edited September 2018
    ngame name:Drummer16
    device model : Iphone 6+
    cellular or wifi : both
    game version: 20.0.1
    have found the lags in all area of the game...during the night the lag is less and during the day and when 20.0 first came out it happened every fight. literally 0-1 frames per second during fights, on maps, etc.

I am still getting a ton of stuttering especially at the start of the fights and on maps and on crystal/champ screens. Crystals are unbearable to open. The game will eventually crash on load of fight after enough fights. Load times increase the longer the game is open. The fights weren't having FPS issues until the buff information was added to the pause screen in 19.0, but was still experiencing lag in all the other areas. Large story mode maps lag really bad when first loading every time (act 5.3).

Kabam, have you guys ever thought this may be due to server-side issues like the location of the player? I am in southern california where I am sure a lot of players play in this region compared to others, and it seems to get better at 1am-6am. Maybe it's a server-side performance issue whre the client is waiting on data causing the FPS to drop.
  • Peter_MCOCPeter_MCOC Posts: 2
    Name - iShgayhaijakjaj
    Device - iPhone 6
    Cellular or WiFi - WiFi, I use Cellular when on the road but I used WiFi this time
    Game Version - 20.0.1
    Problem - Crystals
    I just opened a 5 Star Shard Crystal today. It landed on A Captain America IW. It opened and I got the Captain America IW. When I went to upgrade it, It appeared as a Doctor Oc. I was really mad. My eyes weren’t lying! It landed on the Captain America IW! Could you please help me and give me my Captain America IW because I think a stupid bug is COMPLETELY unfair if it landed on a Captain America IW. Please help as soon as possible! My email : yo.yoshi330@gmail.com
    Please help me! This the first time this happened to me.
    Device IPhone 7 & IPad
    Operating System IOS 11.4.1
    Cellular & WiFi
    Version 20.0.1

I posted before and problem is in every mode. Device over heats and then closes or the lagging is so bad you have to stop.
    I have know began to switch between phone and iPad to let the other device cool down but now can’t play on the iPhone at all as the screen goes black.
    The game is still on as the screen turns black. I start to move the phone around and I works again but turns black again. The game is broken and most likely doing damage to the devices. This needs to get sorted ASAP
    Lagging worsening and game now crashes after about 10 minuets on iPad.
    Still can’t play on iPhone
  • I’ve updated my iPhone software (iPhone X - iOS 11.4.1) I close all background apps. I also restart the game but nothing seems to be working. I can’t do fights unless they are on auto. It takes longer than usual for it to recognise touch or to load anything on the game. Slow switching between menus and going along paths in quests, aws and aqs. Any advice? Any possible fixes?
  • In-Game Name: Hünkar1453
    Device and Model: redmi 2
    Device Operating System: 7.1.2 android
    Cellular or WiFi: Wifi
    Game Version Installed: 20.0.0
    Game Mode: Story Quests, Event Quests, Danger modes, opening crystals and just everywhere in general
    Description of the Issue: lagging, choppiness, in game freezing making it impossible to have fair fights.
    All problem there I have, begin with new update,with 20.0.0. Before I don't have problem just was becoming my phone hot

It clearly states that this thread is for iOS devices only.
  • So how long we need this investigation going on is there a permanent fix coming we are moving versions after one and season after season my phone has been severely impacted no matter which iOS or versiongsr9un4sfbf8.png
    d1fooyxa6v39.png
  • KelvinKageKelvinKage Posts: 372 ★★★
    KelvinKage
    IPhone 6s
    iOS 11.4.1
    WiFi and cell
    MCoc 20.0

I haven’t been able to do anything in the game now for about two days as it has been unresponsive and ridiculously slow. As of last night it will not even start up fully before crashing. I was really looking forward to the rest of this months login rewards particularly Cap IW but I’m afraid I won’t be able to login today because of the crashing.
  • Game Name: Mafia868
    Device and Model: iPad air2
    Device Operating System: 11.4
    Cellular or WiFi: Wifi (have not tested cellular)
    Game Mode: specially alliance war, Story Quests, Event Quests, Danger modes, opening crystals and just everywhere in general
    Description of the Issue: lagging, slowing , in game freezing making it impossible to have fair fights.
  • Jaxman2000Jaxman2000 Posts: 5
    edited September 2018
    In-Game Name: Jaxman728
    Device and Model: iPhone 7s plus
    Device Operating System: IOS 11.4.1
    Cellular or WiFi: Both was on wifi
    Game Version Installed: 20.0.1
    Game Mode: AW- on 9-16,
    I was fighting as the backup trying to get us to 100%. The game was loading slowly but I was able to get into the fight. Once I finally got in the fight it crashed on me. This happened x3 more times as I kept tring to progress. I ended up using 15 items. After doing the math; I used the equivalant of $50 worth of units for all 15 items. We also lost he war by 1500 points. I cant say for sure but it is very likely that the results would of been in our favor had this not of happened. Probably the most frustrated have been to date with this game. Customer support was great as they sent me back a script saying basically “your fault” I replied back and literally received the exact same line of nonsense for a second time. My 3rd reply has not been responded to and its been about 28 Hours now.
  • TylerTyler Posts: 37
    Im experiencing bad lagging now since 20.0 update and im extremely not happy at all with this game. The lag got so bad on September 7th at night i just plain quit. Every fight was moving in slow motion so bad u could not fight in event quest. I have been playing since beginning and if this keeps up im finished with this game period. I use both iPhone x and andriod phones but lately game loading for a andriod phone is so bad it is just to hard and slow to play with it and now iphone lag is just to bad to keep playing to not happy and pretty much fixing to quit over it
  • LoganLogan Posts: 143 ★★
    Was fighting a Spidy mini in war and I would hit him then lose complete control of my champion couldn't block or evade until I got hit and you dont last long against a rank 4 spidy in war is this issue happening with anyone else or could it be my device?
  • JOHNOSA1995JOHNOSA1995 Posts: 536 ★★
    edited September 2018
    Hi why you guys keep increasing quality for old device???? I can’t play game on my ipad mini 2 and now game is slow motion.pls decrease game quality so we can play game.thx
    @Kabam Miike @Kabam Wolf
  • PFunkPFunk Posts: 111
    So within the last week my iphone 7+ on the most current iOS seems to be getting hotter than ever before when playing mcoc, and the loss of control in fights and just basic navigation seems to be more rampant than ever. I finally was able to capture this on video. It seems like because the device is getting so hot the screen is picking up on inputs from the hot spots even when you dont touch the device. This is causing champs to start acting like you cant control them in fights( i.e. you try to dash in for an attack and your champ dashes back or just sits there holding block). before you could pause the fight and resume and that would fix the issue but now it does nothing. This overheating issue is also causing random inputs to take you throughout all different aspects of the game, and when you get to a champ list it just selects a random champ, closes, then reopens in a loop. Before it got to this loop it was randomly opening different modes in the game before it landed into arena. This needs to be fixed ASAP! I’ve got video of this occurring but this old site won’t allow any form of video to be uploaded. I’d be glad to send the video if an admin wants to message me!
  • Bpn88855Bpn88855 Posts: 464 ★★
    lagging begins today after updating on ios 12, using iphone x. need to pause game at each fight start for 15 seconds, it helps
  • Game Name: CarlSpacklerJr
    Device and Model: Motorola Droid Turbo 2
    Device Operating System: Android 7.0
    Cellular or WiFi: Both (Verizon, Spectrum)
    Game Mode: Alliance war/quest, Story Quests, Event Quests, Arena... Basically every aspect of the game.
    Description of the Issue: lagging, slowing , in game freezing. Making it impossible to play more difficult content.
  • SchapenkopSchapenkop Posts: 89
    In-Game Name: Schapenkop
    Device and Model: iPhone 8 plus and iPad
    Device Operating System: iOS 11.4.1
    Cellular or WiFi: Both.
    Game Mode: Event Quest (so far).
    Description of the Issue: End of the fight, game hangs. Not a freeze, but just a still --> Opponent is down and my character just stands there in his finishing position as if he's is doing some kind of hide and seek game (not moving). Have to close the app and restart to get it going again. I've won the fight, so haven't lost any champs or anything. But it's pretty annoying to do that every now and then.
  • StainsStains Posts: 26
    Just to add to the growing list:
    Crouching Taiga
    iPhone 8, on latest 11.4.1 firmware
    Mcoc latest version 20.0
    Both WiFi and regular cellular connection

Lagging in arena and quest fights, especially at the very beginning of the fight. Same phone never had any overheating or issues with previous versions, as soon as I started the new update this month, lagging occurred and seems to be getting worse.
    Son’s account on iPhone 6s same issue, even worse. Love to see a patch/ update.
    Thanks
  • FoldinBoxesFoldinBoxes Posts: 34
    edited September 2018
    In-Game Name: FoldinBoxes
    Device and Model: iPad Mini 2
    Device Operating System: 11.4.1
    Cellular or WiFi: I mainly play on WIFI but this happens on
    Game Version Installed: 20.0
    Game Mode: In which game mode did the error occur? I see it most often in Arena, but it happens everywhere.

Description of the Issue:

The lag occurs in two different areas. First, when clicking to begin a fight, I often get the spinning wheel of death. This used to happen occasionally but has increased in frequency a lot since 20.0.

Second, once a fight has gone to Loading... and until the fight begins. There is noticeable lag from when Loading begins until roughly when both opponents first make contact.

One interesting thing that might be relevant: In my current session of the game, I am currently experiencing another fairly common issue with in-game labels being displayed with the XML names (e.g MS_UI_PARRY instead of just showing Parry). For the duration of this session, while these XML labels are being displayed, I am experiencing no lag in matchmaking or in loading fights. The game is running as smooth as it ever has at this moment. The two issues may or may not be related.
  • KylienteKyliente Posts: 26
    Just keeps getting worse... choppy fight, crystal openings, etc

In-Game Name: Kyliente
    Device and Model: iPhone 8
    Device Operating System: 12.0
    Cellular or WiFi: Both
    Game Version Installed: 20.0.1
  • Kermit0124Kermit0124 Posts: 2
    Name: kermti0124
    Device: iPad Air 2
    Operating system: iOS 11.4.1
    Cell or WiFi: both
    Game version 20.0
    Game mode: all
    Issue: frame skipping resulting in taking hits I shouldn’t , long load times, crashing after hitting fight button resulting in losing half life of champs multiple multiple times in aq and aw, losing connection to game network resulting in losing half life multiple times in aq and aw, game freezing for short periods of time
    These issues are getting really old for a long time player that spends some money on the game, not at all happy about having to buy or spend alliance items because the game crashes
  • SuelSuel Posts: 279
    edited September 2018
    I play on iphone 6 for 4 years and never had problems

This mayhem started with the overheating, which i had to reboot my phone to get out of the game.

Even tough that got fixed, game menus like champions and crystal tabs are unbelievable laggy

After 20.0 things got way worse, i cant play 3 fights in a row withhout the game crashing. I already lost 50% HP in AQ 4 times cause of ur servers, will i get itens refunded for that? Not to mention the crazy amount of freezing during the fights or absurd long loading screens
  • Newer iPad
    Bigragu
    iOS 11.3
    Happens in WiFi or cellular
    Version 20

Happens in all game modes.
    Champs will just stop and walk towards opponent. Blocking doesn’t work often. Attacks just stop. Gets incredibly frustrating during aq/aw. Also, works wonders in trying to grind arenas when these problems occur, which have been going on for way too long pop up.

How can this not be addressed yet?
This discussion has been closed.