**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Rewards in Epic difficulty occult lab (Stay away)

Comments

• Alex_sc11Alex_sc11 Posts: 191
    Guys you could potentially win up to 4000 5* shards daily (and good chunks of alfa 2 and basic 5) DAILY, plus the challenge is good
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    This community will ask for something then complain when we get it. There are lower difficulties so try those. Epic is great practice for war, act 6 and just getting your gameplay better. Can we go a day w/o someone complaining about difficulty? Lighten up, it’s optional and they told us it would be hard. All I see here is “give me this for nothing” y’all participation trophy kids are ruining everything.

There's certainly a lot of that going around constantly, but I think to be fair people often forget (or are just completely unaware) that the rewards for content normally factor in absolute difficulty, not relative difficulty.

To oversimplify a bit, if I can defeat a 60k boss relatively easily, it is hard to perceive that level of difficulty as anything but practically zero. But it is possible that a 90k boss is extremely hard for me to defeat, and a 120k boss is almost impossible without a lot of potion use. In *absolute* terms the difficulty jump is only 50% and 100%, but I might perceive the jump as three times harder and ten times harder. That's because relative to my roster and skill, the first 40k of health is inconsequential.

In absolute terms, Epic difficulty seems to be only moderately higher compared to previous iterations of the randomizer events. But in relative terms, it feels twice as hard to me personally, because this level of difficulty is approaching my own limits. But I cannot expect the rewards to be twice as good for that relative difficulty increase, because that relative difficulty increase is only a little higher for some players, and almost infinitely higher for others. Rewards cannot scale with relative perceived difficulty.

Whether the difficulty is appropriate to the rewards has a lot to do with what the rewards actually are, and I don't have any good sense of that yet because there's very limited information about both the drops and the likelihood of them. If the 1k T5B fragment drop is a 5% drop or higher, I think it is very worth it. If it is 1%, I would personally think the difficulty jump is a little too high. But I always, always cut the devs a lot of slack when it comes to the highest difficulty events in the game. If they are going to miss, they should probably miss high as long as it is not ridiculously too high. And based on my first two runs, it doesn't qualify as ridiculously too high, just pretty darned high if RNG doesn't go your way, as it tended not to in my runs. Power gain seemed to be coming up constantly along with cornered and buffet. I rerolled one node three times and got biohazard all three times. That's the game saying I have too many crystals stockpiled.
  • ThirtyFourThirtyFour Posts: 42
    Alex_sc11 wrote: »
    Guys you could potentially win up to 4000 5* shards daily (and good chunks of alfa 2 and basic 5) DAILY, plus the challenge is good

nah rewards are garbage, you mean the highest potential is 500*

• DestroyerDestroyer Posts: 130
    Look at it this way, it's great practice for tier 3 and up AW with no energy cost. if you lose all ur champs and don't think the potential rewards are worth using a few pots to get, just exit out. No harm and you get some high level AW experience.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    I thought it was fun. A lot of the complaints about the rewards seem to miss the fun aspect lol. Not worth it if you have to spend to get through it but I think the difficulty is just right.
  • Alex_sc11Alex_sc11 Posts: 191
    ThirtyFour wrote: »
    Alex_sc11 wrote: »

nah rewards are garbage, you mean the highest potential is 500*

no, there are between 250 or 2000 shards per crystal
  • GreenscarGreenscar Posts: 24
    Raganator wrote: »
    Yes. Please, every stay away so my account can advance more quickly than yours.

Haha I agree!
  • BigdogbobBigdogbob Posts: 125
    I love it. Worst case scenario I get 500 5* shards a day for ten minutes of play time using no resources.
  • Drummer16Drummer16 Posts: 324 ★★
    Fun quest...very disappointed I always get the worst rewards for that effort (250 5*x2).

Modok labs had better rewards than this, was way easier, and was 3 times a day (250 5* shards + t4b + t2a + 50% chance of 5* sig).

Kinda disappointed about the fun to reward ratio :( Kabam can do better.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,983 ★★★★★
    This event is disgustingly bad. I know several Elders Bane players who couldn't complete it without quite a few revives. To me that's **** pathetic for the rewards. @Kabam Miike way to ruin October again... You guys never cease to amaze me with how tone deaf you are.

So don't play it or quit the game. This quest is great. Good, challenging nodes and I can re-roll if I want. If they or you can't beat Epic the step down a level. Pay enough money and anyone can be Elders Bane but that title doesn't make you a skilled player or a barometer of is or isn't a bad quest. Git Gud.
  • shortpkershortpker Posts: 72
    I personally love the rewards. T5b without having to spend 100 bucks for 9k. Sign me up.
  • FixxxFixxx Posts: 234
    What you fail to realize is that to some of us, the effort for those rewards is minimal, OP. The only troublesome aspect in the lab is RNG, which can be willed away by randomizers if you get a terrible combination. Otherwise, Epic doesn't take too much time and at zero energy cost to boot
  • Wakandas_FinestWakandas_Finest Posts: 825 ★★★★
    200 units and all the free reroll tokens used to get through it with all 5* 4/55 champs, a 20% attack and health boost and multiple other boosts. The rewards suck for that kind of work.

Also the fact they include the unavoidable damage champs blows as well. My path was Domino, wasp, Dr. Voodoo, Omega red, Electro and the boss was Void.
    There can Polish my cucumber if they think the rewards are worth that hassle.
    It cost you units to run epic? lol I used 4* holy trinity and didn’t spend a single unit for both epic and expert
  • VimesVonlipVimesVonlip Posts: 177 ★★
    200 units and all the free reroll tokens used to get through it with all 5* 4/55 champs, a 20% attack and health boost and multiple other boosts. The rewards suck for that kind of work.

Also the fact they include the unavoidable damage champs blows as well. My path was Domino, wasp, Dr. Voodoo, Omega red, Electro and the boss was Void.
    There can Polish my cucumber if they think the rewards are worth that hassle.
    It cost you units to run epic? lol I used 4* holy trinity and didn’t spend a single unit for both epic and expert

I can lie on the internet too buddy, it's not hard. No one's impressed and no one believes you.
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    Couple things about this quest. I enjoy the difficulty of it, however, some match ups seem to be a little over the top. Let me explain. First run through epic difficulty I ran into a fully maxed Dorm. His degen is not based on base attack, so after I get hit once with degen, I'm dead. This is one of those fights where you basically need to have a 5* Blade to win without potion use. I got lucky after reviving a few times and managed to finish him, but I think a few of the champs should have toned down sig abilites.

Secondly, the reason Dorm is so difficult is because of the way the new dexterity mastery interacts with his abilities. Sure you can evade him as much as you want without refreshing the buff, but as soon as you hit him the permanent buff expires followed almost immediately by another buff expiry. So now when we use dexterity we are getting two buffs expiring rather than the one it was before. Almost guarantees that you will get degen after the first evade which is frustrating seeing as the degen is enough to kill you in one go.

On my second run I had much easier champs and used no items, but I think my plan in the future will be to give Dorm my best shot, but probably not to waste potions on him as he is a bit ridiculous. His degen really should be off of base attack though...
  • Animejay70Animejay70 Posts: 400 ★★★
    All i got was 250 5* shards for epic. That's ridiculous. Bloody HELL!
  • MrMaatMrMaat Posts: 302 ★★
    my only problem is not the difficulty or the rewards.

it is too hard for me when i get bad nodes. i know i got murdered in it. my problem is that by challenging myself and trying it i get locked out of completing master.
    so i am better off not challenging myself and doing the easier difficulty. and atleast getting rewards.

its like you get punished if you try and fail.
    i was always taught to always try and if you fail to try again.
    but this doesnt make me wanna do that. this makes me wanna not try again and just take the rewards i know i can get.

i love the harder gameplay and the fat the game is progressing. i just really wish i was able to try it without missing out on the rewards i know i can get
  • mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★
    I think a lot of people are looking at the difficulty thinking that it doesn't compensate for it. But look at the time it takes to acquire those 500 5* shards minimum. It takes maybe 1 minute per fight, and at most 20 minutes. On the other end, you get that many in the basic arena for mindlessly fighting in the arena for 30 minutes a day and the rewards are **** there too. I don't think it's unfair of Kabam to put some challenging boss style fights. I'll take the signature stone, and that crystal all day.

Seriously though to the op, thank you for the fair warning to everyone here: Stay out of the labs if you can't handle it.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,542 ★★★★★
    There's often an assumption among veteran players that their rosters are solid enough to handle any and every quest. While it would be nice if playing for nearly 4 years guaranteed success, it would also be boring. Sometimes you just get a bad roll and things don't work out, or your team/champ is just the wrong tool for the job.

My suggestion on Labs is a shift in attitude: use randomizers liberally and, if you get good nodes and the right champs and clear easily, that's awesome. If you don't, and you find yourself (as I recently did) with a single champ left on the second to last fight, give it a go and don't sweat it if you don't make it. There's plenty of content and plenty to get stressed about in game without Labs causing heartburn.

Dr. Zola
  • Destroyer wrote: »
    Look at it this way, it's great practice for tier 3 and up AW with no energy cost. if you lose all ur champs and don't think the potential rewards are worth using a few pots to get, just exit out. No harm and you get some high level AW experience.

This is how I’m looking at it. Going to do one epic and one expert per day. Should be able to finish the expert most days and if I can’t get through the epic without burning resources/units then I’ll just exit out. Sucks missing out on the free rewards but no guts no glory.
  • EazyDC69EazyDC69 Posts: 34
    Quit complaining leoaqwftyc9w.png
    because this is what you can get