**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Iron Man - The Ultimate Unfair Defender

Comments

• rcm2017rcm2017 Posts: 570 ★★★
    rcm2017 wrote: »
    I completely agree that IMIW totally sucks, and I, being an incredibly average player, have had many, many troubles with him.

But, I can say with confidence, that the Venom advice is real. There are plenty of other options as well, but Venom is my personal favorite.

Here's a vid of me poorly attempting to employ the "relentless heavy attack/armor break/bleed him out" technique against "Optimist" IMIW in this month's UCEQ 3.2 with an unduped R3 5* Venom...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8KRE7_2ZVI

Like I said... not the best fight... lots I could've done better... several missed opportunities to intercept with specials, but I was playing it safe... but, not the worst attempt either. No revives and I left with almost half my health.

I consider that a win.

Anyway, start practicing dueling "Wick2.0" and then try some harder fights. Any armor break champ should do.

Good luck.

Awesome fight mate, do you swipe forward and hit heavy? Because my venoms heavy doesnt reach imiw he just stand there and swings

Thanks man.

Nope... no swipe. But there is a little rhythm to it, though.

It's a quick dash back, and then you have to time the heavy just right. When it's timed right, Venom will make up the distance.

Ok mate, i will try again. Thanks for the video again. IMIW is my kryptonite now.
  • nebneb Posts: 453 ★★★
    Imiw is obviously very beatable but that doesnt mean he isnt op. When one of the questions you have to think about on every r4 or higher 5 star candidate is can they fight one specific champ it kinda limits rank up options.
  • TKS87TKS87 Posts: 375 ★★★
    JDunk2291 wrote: »
    Basically bring the right champ is all got out of this lmao

Or, you can spend the time you've wasted whining learning how to adjust to a champ you have to defeat outside of the normal parry and combo. If he gets 3 stacks of armour, don't hit into him. His specials are easy to evade, so bait him out when he gains his stacks or armour at the end of the fight and wait for them to expire. It will take some practice but there's lot of videos and guides out there now on how to fight him.
  • JDunk2291JDunk2291 Posts: 464 ★★
    TKS87 wrote: »

Or, you can spend the time you've wasted whining learning how to adjust to a champ you have to defeat outside of the normal parry and combo. If he gets 3 stacks of armour, don't hit into him. His specials are easy to evade, so bait him out when he gains his stacks or armour at the end of the fight and wait for them to expire. It will take some practice but there's lot of videos and guides out there now on how to fight him.
    Lmao...ok dont hit him if he has three stacks but he gains stacks of armor upon contact...then wait and take chip damage until he does a heavy attack to do MY heavy attack then Rinse and Repeat?? Lmao this is exactly the OP im talking about..wat about his power gain when hes under 18%? U have constantly evade sp1. What about the fact hes basically immune to armor shatter? What about Dont that whining **** with me..ive been playing this game since it first started i know how to play...this guy is crazy OP.
  • JDunk2291JDunk2291 Posts: 464 ★★
    Change your fight style - simple - it’s a player issue not an OP champs issue - FYI a sparky with 10 poise charges can bait a heavy and then land his own heavy twice for a 2 shot kill on a 6* duped IMIW - stop whining and change your strategy

I love when people dont give actual advice but instead recommend a champion that one might NOT HAVE Lmao hilarious kick rocks
  • Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★
    Change your fight style - simple - it’s a player issue not an OP champs issue - FYI a sparky with 10 poise charges can bait a heavy and then land his own heavy twice for a 2 shot kill on a 6* duped IMIW - stop whining and change your strategy

I love when people dont give actual advice but instead recommend a champion that one might NOT HAVE Lmao hilarious kick rocks

The very first response to your thread was a method to beat IMIW using any champ.

• BeginthEndBeginthEnd Posts: 334
    Homes. Don’t you know CB is loco?! Infinity man won’t trigger so much as a spark plug from his smashed and defenseless suit of junk against this guy. Or Masacre. Either will destroy this fool, on a optimist node, armour node, they don’t care. No sir.

Don’t even try it with AA. His wings make lil bits of scrap metal that wreck em worse than Raplh playing Donkey Kong cause it’s always on.

There are others that do this well. But hey, who am I? Just another guy tryna make it innthis world.
  • WelderofortuneWelderofortune Posts: 527 ★★
    We just faced him in a war[gold] and he did not have the parry mastery activated. If you run him on defense make sure parry is activated if not he loses much of his thunder.
  • The1_NuclearOnionThe1_NuclearOnion Posts: 907 ★★★
    OneManArmy wrote: »
    Hyperion. Evade and block until SP3. unleash.
    .....Trying to think outside the box...
    Void?

Nonono. Get some heavies in and then use s1 with hypes. He burns down faster then a sausage on a stacked family bbq

I'd sort of disagree disagree with both of you and say SP2 is probably most important, but all 3 are better than none. With SP2 you get chance for the armor break which is paramount with IMIW to keep him from auto-blocking and allows him to take a lot more damage... and if you're lucky enough for the stun, throw in a couple of heavies to build some fury stacks.

I'm no pro or anything... but that makes more sense to me.

Probably just a preference. I've had no trouble fighting IMIW on stun immune. I DO use sp1 and sp2 regularly with Hype. If I lose that momentum in the last 18% of IMIW 's health, then I have avoided, power gained, and used the sp3 method as a solution. That's all I meant by my comment. I avoid him waiting for the armor, and evade sp1 until Hype gets 3 bars. Doesn't take long and has worked in a pinch several times.
    I find that Hype's heavy is sometimes hard to get the distance right so I don't use it much currently in that fight.
  • BeginthEndBeginthEnd Posts: 334
    edited November 2018
    @addisonbassist My point with AA, as well as CB (or any champion with defensive ability reduction) will negate his abilities and destroy him. With a quickness.

Buff steal with Loki FTW! (Curses em! Keeps em cursed! Yarrr)
  • BeginthEnd wrote: »
    Don’t even try it with AA. His wings make lil bits of scrap metal that wreck em worse than Raplh playing Donkey Kong cause it’s always on.
    Hmmm... maybe I'm confused by how weirdly you worded your post, but AA seems like a terrible option against IMIW.

Class disadvantage, no armor break and IMIW becomes bleed immune when he has an armor buff.

Maybe not the worst option... but not a very good one, IMO.

I was a bit confused by that as well, but it did get me wondering if I could beat a strong IMIW with both class disadvantage and no armor break, so basically no advantages against IMIW. I decided to give it a go with a 5/50 Rogue. Rogue does have one advantage though, and that's her relatively long reach on heavy. I got Wick2.0 down in two tries using mostly heavy spamming, then decided to try again this time without really using continuous heavies. Took a couple more tries to erase the muscle memory of wanting to heavy counter and figure out an alternate way to bring him down using slow play past 15% and SP3. So even with class disadvantage, without armor break, and without spamming heavies it is still possible to bring down IMIW. Granted, it isn't a node-buffed defender, but I'm also not the greatest IMIW fighter in the world either.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6I_cd_TNXU
  • RodsteinRodstein Posts: 207
    edited November 2018
    @JDunk2291 you have been given multiple and varied advices, you dont seem to wanna learn to fight him and instead an easy match, i will tell you this i tend to fight him as 5* dupped on arc overload and use my 5/50 dupped starky w/trinity

You wil say, i dont have those champs i cant be expected to have, except you could i only been playing 18 months and most of my good 4* have been grinded.

Nevertheless other ally mates of mine have masteres how to beat him with different champs including a bw, tm, magik, sw and the usual hyperion and corvus.

The key is to practice and be patient 3 mins is plenty of time to get him, but if you want him in under 30 secs i believe your approach is mistaken.

Kabam does a lot of things poorly, but in the community you will usually find support to overcome them, so listen and try to learn.
  • SDPSDP Posts: 1,622 ★★★★
    Whododo872 wrote: »
    Use venom and utilize the heavy countering strategy.

That is all, thank you

Venom true strike activate only wen hes below 18%

Venom’s heavy has an armor break.

He’s a longer fight, but you just have to bait heavies, and counter them with heavies.
  • Timone147Timone147 Posts: 1,276 ★★★★
    edited November 2018
    I know this seems hard to grasp for many but you have to adapt your play style and champs you use to the game as it evolves and champs as they come. He requires a specific strategy or champ counters like many that came before him. Learn it and he becomes easy/easier.

The old tricks don’t keep working forever. Learn some new tricks and you will be fine. Always been that way in this game.
  • Ezra7676Ezra7676 Posts: 670 ★★
    I pulled Hype off D for him now that I'm getting him 2x on 7. He is still rough even though I've gotten decent at him.

Practice and a good counter though. I'd actually be in trouble if someone snuck a duped Domino in there instead.
  • XxOriginalxXXxOriginalxX Posts: 1,324 ★★★
    *in taika Waititi’s voice”

Hey man

I’m offended

Rock beats iron
  • doctorbdoctorb Posts: 1,723 ★★★
    In case u didn't see it in the video above, when IMIW arches his shoulders back and a small blue beam comes out of his chest, that means he's bout 2 do a heavy attack. U can do 1 of 2 things. U can do what the video poster did, retreat and do a QUICK heavy attack 2 break his armor. Or what I do, since I'm not that fast with my heavy attack yet, and that is retreat, let IM do his heavy attack swing and charge him for 3-5 hit combo. Also, try to keep a fair distance and bait his SP1 and dexterity it. It does take practice but I am doing better than b4. Good luck.
  • JustusCastrumJustusCastrum Posts: 149
    I mostly run path 7/G in aw and by now imiw’s only annoying because it’s a bit of a long fight.
    I have an r4 Hyperion, so that makes it easier, but by now it has become just one of the fights.
    Just practice by doing some duels every day and he’ll be easy soon enough.

For those without a Hyperion, just about every champ that does a damage over time on his/her heavy is a great option for taking on imiw, like modok or sentinel.
  • DshuDshu Posts: 1,503 ★★★★

You've literally described at least the last 4 months of Event Quest bosses. Welcome to MCOC.

There is no need for a "right" champ against iwim. Practice against him and you will find there is no reason you can't beat him with any champ. The only exception I would give to this is on the arc overload node where he can be a bit more difficult if you aren't playing aggressive. Overall you need to stop berating people trying to help you and actually try practicing against these new defenders. Also if you think iwim is bad wait till you face a boosted max sig korg
  • KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,739 ★★★★★
    The problem with IMIW is, that basicly everyone has him (and puts him on node 42 lol) and you need very specific type of champ or a lot of skill, so in mediocre alliances, he is like 5x in each AW (3 BGs) and there are many annoying nodes tobput him on.

Honestly I don't like him and bellow 15%, he takes like 7 hits to be killed, which makes you take a lot of block dmg. But I have to admit, that it's very smart from Kabam to create such a money machine for them.
  • bryndenriversbryndenrivers Posts: 443 ★★
    This Champion is INCREDIBLY OP. I can't even get past him in a regular quest because of all of his Insanse Mechanics... He Auto Blocks, U can Barely Parry Him..The way His Specials are set up, u cant dash in for a combo after he activtes either of his specials, When he's low on health hes consistenly Auto Blocking and at the same time hes gaining power so im constantly evading specials. U Cant Nullify his Armor...Even when armor is Broken he Has Passive Armor AND HE BYPASSES ARMOR SHATTER???? Come on Seriously??? Its Insane. TUNE HIM DOWN KABAM.

i love him as an addition and korg also, there are plenty of counters to him corvus glaive and ghost being among the best. furthermore korg is much harder to fight than imiw in my opinion and korg has a couple champions that completly counter him iron man infinty war and omega red being 2 of the best. domino also works well against korg and imiw. im sorry i dont agree with you at all i think iron man infinity is and was much needed addition to the game as to bring god tier defenders away from just the mystics. before imiw whoever had the most mystic defenders had better defense no longer is this the case kabam did great job with these new defenders now we just need a cosmic and science god tier defender and it will be good!!! my opinion i love imiw i dont have him duped but i have the 6*. ill be very angry if they mess with him
  • bryndenriversbryndenrivers Posts: 443 ★★
    furthermore the only reason a defender should be "nerfed" or modified is if there is no champion that can defeat his mechanics and with imiw corvus and ghost both crush his mechanics along with spiderstark. theres a reason why we in tier 1 aw dont put imiw as boss. he gets owned by corvus or sparky or ghost, and if someones dumb enough to put him on a healing node void mops the floor with him. also hyperion crushes him. along with capiw who is taylor made to fight imkw with his heavy attack and kinetic charges
  • Medusa wrecks him