**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Gifting Event - Rich get richer

RixobRixob Posts: 505 ★★
Soooo when i looked at the rewards for the gifting event i was like woahhhhh those look amazing!
Then i watched some Cowhale videos and got really discouraged lol.

Let me be clear, the rewards are great! Even for those who only had a few hundred units. Really useful and fun stuff in the crystals and the milestone rewards. I am not knocking that at all.

The only concern i have, is making those top rewards so juicy and game changing. Yes, you can argue to save up your units for this event but we all know it wouldnt have been enough to compete with the top.

My entire point of this thread is that when will it stop? There used to be a peak in this game, 1 R5 5*, then 2, then 3, then 6*.
Now there is nooooo limit to how big your roster can be, the only thing you cant do is R3 a 6*. (coming soon)

The gap between those who are free to play, and pay to win is growing rapidly and i dont think i can keep up.

This is coming from a free to play player with no time for areana.
There used to be a time where skill could get you almostttttt the same thing cash can.
Ladies and Gents, that time is long gone. MCOC has fully turned into pay to play, if you wanna be competitive.

So what about to players with the best skill, but no $?????
lol yes thats me

Comments

• RixobRixob Posts: 505 ★★
    DalBot wrote: »
    It is what it is. This is a spend to win game and those willing to spend the most will always get the most reward to keep them further and further ahead of the rest.

My biggest disappointment is the Youtube content creators who sold out to join the clear Gifting Winner so they could get the 5* Thanos prize. Guarantees I won't watch their videos anymore.

I hear you bro, but at the same time if you are in their shoes its probably a good move. I thought about that too with Seatin, but i mean at the end of the day its their account, and being in that alliance will get them insane rewards which means more views and more money for them. I feel you, but i cant even blame them to be honest. Its a win win @DalBot
  • DalBotDalBot Posts: 1,616 ★★★★★
    Not that I don't get it, just think it's pretty low brow and sell out and makes me think less of them for doing it. And it's not just the one you mentioned, it's other popular Youtubers as well.
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,033 ★★★★★
    Not that I don't get it, just think it's pretty low brow and sell out and makes me think less of them for doing it. And it's not just the one you mentioned, it's other popular Youtubers as well.

U meant seatin ther allicen Got disabendtb so wher shuld ther go. If ther wont the Best rewards that ther Call dont make Them bad at all that just smart becasse ther cant. So it just a smart move. Im sure ther also credit to be ther and Not just mabye 1k point. That wuld be stupid. So im sure ther Got pretty hige point
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,731 ★★★★★
    The gifting event really is a pay2win event. I don't see how it can be changed in the future really.
    Lets just not get any hope it will become fair to everyone without having to spend money, like the iOs vs Android thing.
  • bm3eppsbm3epps Posts: 1,146 ★★★
    lol..I didn't know Thanos was a hot commodity
    @CoatHang3r hey there, and thats actually not true. I have competed against master, p1 allies in the past. I dropped to a lower alliance after last season cause it was getting expensive. If i was in those allies as a free to play player, obviously i can keep up with them skill wise.
    I dont care about Thanos my guy, i care about t5b which you can only get from high aw rewards. I've beaten all other t5b content.
    Nice try though.
    @DalBot exactly lol thank you. I think our friend coathanger up there missed the point
  • ContestOfNoobsContestOfNoobs Posts: 1,454 ★★★★
    edited January 2019
    Rixob wrote: »
    @CoatHang3r hey there, and thats actually not true. I have competed against master, p1 allies in the past. I dropped to a lower alliance after last season cause it was getting expensive. If i was in those allies as a free to play player, obviously i can keep up with them skill wise.
    I dont care about Thanos my guy, i care about t5b which you can only get from high aw rewards. I've beaten all other t5b content.
    Nice try though.
    @Rixob
    Unless you start again trying to compete in higher brackers your gona be behind resource wise t5b.

you say that, but you chose to step down, so technically ur not keeping up with them, skill wise anyone can beat any champ in any given day, if it was so easy, there would be 0 death wars, but thats not the case

u say its getting expensive, so obviously it was putting a dent in you causing you to slow down ur progresion,

what do you think about the top 3 allaince in master?
    they get more t5b than everyone else, so they are getting stronger
    ever since season 1 its was a race,

Season 2...we had to compete with allainces who have 2 r5 5* while ALOT of my allinace only had 1 r5*
    but we made master.

just wait till T5CC comes out.

everyone who is anybody is already 100% uncollected, on top of that. so the only way to get better rewards than others is to compete in aw.

MMXIV has always been the most heavily spent alliance, they won last year and year before that in the gifting event.

i have not chosen to step down yet, and when i 100% varient ill have 7 r5 5*, it would be 8..if i was in cow30.

• DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian

"Selling out" would be like if Brian Grant joined that alliance just to get the mega gifting rewards or if Prof Hoff joined the alliance while reviewing all the gift crystals as having horrible value. But as far as I'm aware, no one "sold out" to join that alliance because I'm unaware of any Youtuber joining that alliance that had a reputation for not spending on the game or having some rule about alliance events or gifting value that they were compromising. If none of those players ever expressed the notion that spending on these kinds of events was bad in some way, I don't see how they could be selling out on anything.

There are a lot of people who complain that many players give the Youtubers too much respect, and some of that is true. But there are also a lot of people who ascribe responsibilities to them that are also completely wrong to assign. They only have an obligation to represent their own viewpoints, whatever they may be. They have no responsibility to act in the way we think will best leverage our own positions against the developers. They aren't required to behave in a way any one of us thinks is appropriate.
  • ContestOfNoobsContestOfNoobs Posts: 1,454 ★★★★
    also this type of game focuses on skill and unfortnalty spending does get u far into the game, sadly this is wrong type of game if you think u can compete as a F2P.

But if u do have skill, u should be fine, as Brian Grant from 4loki is holding his own weight and takes on harder paths in aw.
    Dont get hit, its simple as that..
    He has plenty of guides on how to resource management and farm units/

all my glory goes into potions, for example.

BUT as u can see...people will resort to piloting, fraud units, hiring mercs on this game.

F2P will always be behind a spender.
    this game will be dead if it didnt have any income.

DNA3000 wrote: »

"Selling out" would be like if Brian Grant joined that alliance just to get the mega gifting rewards or if Prof Hoff joined the alliance while reviewing all the gift crystals as having horrible value. But as far as I'm aware, no one "sold out" to join that alliance because I'm unaware of any Youtuber joining that alliance that had a reputation for not spending on the game or having some rule about alliance events or gifting value that they were compromising. If none of those players ever expressed the notion that spending on these kinds of events was bad in some way, I don't see how they could be selling out on anything.

There are a lot of people who complain that many players give the Youtubers too much respect, and some of that is true. But there are also a lot of people who ascribe responsibilities to them that are also completely wrong to assign. They only have an obligation to represent their own viewpoints, whatever they may be. They have no responsibility to act in the way we think will best leverage our own positions against the developers. They aren't required to behave in a way any one of us thinks is appropriate.

Never said they should be held to a different standard or that they should or should not act a certain way. Just one man's opinion that it's kind of cheap to sell out to an egomaniac who is using you for exposure for himself. To each their own, just how I see it myself.
  • Wakandas_FinestWakandas_Finest Posts: 811 ★★★★
    There are plenty of FTP players with accounts just as good if not better than some of the big spenders. Skill has never been a factor in this game it has always taken an investment of either time or money to advance in this game. I wish people would stop with the whole because “I can solo an aw boss I should get the best rewards”. Meanwhile they aren’t even uncollected lol. If you’ve completed story quest, rattle, lol, maze, ultron quest, every monthly quest, and in at least a gold 1 alliance you’d would have earned enough materials to have a min of 5 r5 5*s. Either grind the content or open your wallet that’s the way it is, always has been, always will be.
    DNA3000 wrote: »

Hey, I'm just giving my own individual opinion. If people with a profile in the community want to sell out to an egomaniac who is using them for exposure and self gratification that's their right to do so. Personally I just think it's a bad look and says something about them. To each their own. Also, let's try not to name names. Don't want anyone violating forum ToS here...
  • Timone147Timone147 Posts: 1,276 ★★★★
    It's a pay to win or grind your face off game. If you aren't willing to do one or the other you won't make it to the top. Just be happy some people out there are willing to in order to keep the game alive.

I am 100% f2p myself
  • Fact is, some rewards are out of the average F2P player's reach. Oh well. Yes, those that paid in are advancing faster. It's a fact. Whatever they paid in with, be it time, money, or both... they earned what they got. Plain and simple. Like many things, the more you put in, the more you get out of it. Do yourself a favor and enjoy the game. Stay out of the drama, and don't worry about what others choose to do with THEIR account(s). Kabam is a company. A business. Not a charity. What they choose to give for free is on them. What they choose to sell, is on them. What we choose to, or not to buy, is on us. So the ops are there for those whom are willing and able to take them. If either doesn't apply to you, oh well. Could just be happy that players can choose to play for free and do the majority of content over time by investing time and gaining experience. Also, thank those that invest the crazy money they do, keeping this game alive. If the game weren't profitable, you think it would still exist??? So keep the deals coming Kabam, and let them whales whale out! I'll just keep building my account and enjoying the game in the meantime :wink:
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian
    What they choose to give for free is on them. What they choose to sell, is on them. What we choose to, or not to buy, is on us.

The way I look at it, what they choose to give for free is an entire game. It is hard to really ask for a lot more than that.
  • IKONIKON Posts: 1,332 ★★★★★
    At the end of the day, players like COW keep the lights on at Kabam. I'm content in my Gold 1 alliance that tries for plat 3, and I'll never be in direct competition with the high end spectrum of players.

So spend on whales. My $20 a month isn't paying anyones salary, so you guys keep it up.
  • Oh absolutely @DNA3000 . But let's be real here, they also give items in the 'free game' too. Which is just my point in this one. What they give, is what they give. Then those who who pay will get more. Just a reality. On the flipside of things, there's certain aspects that do need to be addressed. This situation just isn't one of those.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    Isn’t this how the real world works as well? The rich get richer? 10%/90% rule?
  • JmoneysteckJmoneysteck Posts: 196
    It is what it is. This is a spend to win game and those willing to spend the most will always get the most reward to keep them further and further ahead of the rest.

My biggest disappointment is the Youtube content creators who sold out to join the clear Gifting Winner so they could get the 5* Thanos prize. Guarantees I won't watch their videos anymore.

they joined because the alliance they were in disbanded, they joined before the updated gifting rewards.
  • godsquad891godsquad891 Posts: 779 ★★
    i think season war rewards for lower tiers deserved to be buffed a little bit to even the progression as they are over a long time on dry months although with the extra content at the moment not necessary for big progression. I'm not the least bit salty about cow30 getting awesome rewards they spent big and won big congratulations guys!

they joined because the alliance they were in disbanded, they joined before the updated gifting rewards.

And I'm sure there was no incentive to join that particular alliance vs any of the other alliances in similar regard... 🤷🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️
This discussion has been closed.