Take on the Trials of the Elementals!

Comments

• Timone147Timone147 Member Posts: 1,276 ★★★★
    The worst part of this event is the difficulty doesn’t match for everyone. This works for and against everyone but truth is it shouldn’t be such an rng fest that when I load in I’m either in for a cakewalk or wondering whether I can even do it.

Also the interactions between the buffs and the nodes on day 7 is pretty poor planning. This combined with the RNG of who you get makes the whole event very unfair to the player base as a whole(I was one of the luckier people too but still it’s BS)
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Member Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    Trial of Fire is one of the worst things you’ve ever created. Honestly. I mean it’s a nightmare and not even close to being enjoyable by any standard. If you roll Killmonger you might as well just quit. He’s virtually unstoppable the whole time not to mention the garbage Gambler’s Fate debuffs you throw in there. He rolled regeneration and was healing about 300 health per tick which I know doesn’t sound like a lot but when you only have a 5 second gap (if you’re lucky) to hit him it makes this fight insurmountable. First the maze, now this.
  • EvangelionlovrEvangelionlovr Member Posts: 481 ★★★
    V1PER1987 wrote: »
    Trial of Fire is one of the worst things you’ve ever created. Honestly. I mean it’s a nightmare and not even close to being enjoyable by any standard. If you roll Killmonger you might as well just quit. He’s virtually unstoppable the whole time not to mention the garbage Gambler’s Fate debuffs you throw in there. He rolled regeneration and was healing about 300 health per tick which I know doesn’t sound like a lot but when you only have a 5 second gap (if you’re lucky) to hit him it makes this fight insurmountable. First the maze, now this.

Yeah when they get regen it's **** ridiculous, with only 5 second windows, the AI holding block when they have the armor half of Oscillate you can't out damage even the tiny regen. Once that happened when I was using Rhulk and I also got bleed so I was losing like a half an HP a second and he was gaining HP faster than I could do damage. It's such a crock of ****.
  • Vincew80Vincew80 Member Posts: 196 ★★
    Spurgeo14 wrote: »
    Vincew80 wrote: »
    If today’s quest is any indication of the rest of it then it’s going to be another maze to me. I’ve always done all the difficult content but some of this is just getting ridiculous & just plain lazy on their part. Thanks but no thanks.

Just do Expert instead of Epic. Difficulty vs Rewards at Expert are scaled well in my opinion. Better than nothing, for sure!

Yeah I could go that route but I’ve pretty much decided I’m over the BS they throw in here. I’ve become overly sick of the blatant money grabs so I just don’t do them. Honestly the rewards our guys have gotten have been trash for the effort/items anyway so I’m not missing out on anythin. It allows me to keep items for variant exploration so I can pull that inevitable r5 rank up that I’ll hold forever, waiting to get a champ worthy of it. Lol
  • BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Member Posts: 2,385 ★★★★★
    Fun and interactive. The shameless spamming of unstoppable in every area of the game is almost as fun as RNG determining if you can finish the day or not. I got lucky today but a lot of people didn't and weren't happy about rolling nearly impossible fights.
  • nelly22nelly22 Member Posts: 65
    And what’s up with the timer resetting while the unstoppable is still active. Kabam!!!, it’s a 5 second window.
    So what’s going on with mesmerize? Now true strike doesn’t counter it? Having champs evading constantly with it up. Tired of stuff not working in this game.
  • VersettiVersetti Member Posts: 1
    Is anyone else having problems activating elemental boosts during the trials and also being kicked out of the quest if their phone rings/has to be used for another app?
    Very disappointing
  • Helicopter_dugdugdugHelicopter_dugdugdug Member Posts: 555 ★★★
    So what’s going on with mesmerize? Now true strike doesn’t counter it? Having champs evading constantly with it up. Tired of stuff not working in this game.

Did not activate against my killmonger or may be I was lucky?

Did not activate against my killmonger or may be I was lucky?

I got stunned 4 times between both Heimdall and KM.
  • SiliyoSiliyo Member Posts: 1,457 ★★★★★
    WHY DOES MESMERIZE EXIST? Fun and interactive content. Ridiculous.
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Member Posts: 5,619 ★★★★★
    7% my behind. More like 700%.
  • Speeds80Speeds80 Member Posts: 2,013 ★★★★
    That Iceman was a joke, 3/4 of my blade and sparkys life (r5s)on initial coldsnap and constantly powergaining, having to full revive with today's potions an r5, way too many units, I ran my whole team at Iceman, revived sparky and blade to full health twice and only got killed twice by (unlockable) l2s, the rest all dead from unavoidable damage. Like Zola I quit out, did the other difficulties. That Iceman wasn't worth the rewards
  • DrZolaDrZola Member Posts: 8,926 ★★★★★
    Epic Agent Venom on Brawl/Oscillate/{insert other crazy node here} ate my lunch.

Onward and upward.

Dr. Zola
  • BirdReynoldsBirdReynolds Member Posts: 527 ★★★
    edited January 2019
    @DrZola mine too. I mean, what’s the point of arc overload when you get heal block from gamblers fate two fights in a row?
    sijog3k1vaq0.jpeg
    vgwyf2uglfno.png

Also what’s the point of arc overload when it triggers spite every time against iceman? @Kabam Miike inquiring minds want to know!
    @DrZola mine too. I mean, what’s the point of arc overload when you get heal block from gamblers fate two fights in a row?

I would gladly take heal block as opposed to the poison/bleed/degen I keep getting every fight.
  • Markjv81Markjv81 Member Posts: 1,026 ★★★★
    I can't even activate my essence today!
  • arsjumarsjum Member Posts: 412 ★★★
    DrZola wrote: »
    sijog3k1vaq0.jpeg
    vgwyf2uglfno.png

Also what’s the point of arc overload when it triggers spite every time against iceman? @Kabam Miike inquiring minds want to know!

Luckily I had a lot of heal block and poison too. Zero temptation to try to revive and make another go. And that Hypo who kept power flooding and going straight to Sp3 on both my GR and Voodoo was a nice touch.

If this is a preview of Act 6, go ahead and head back to the drawing board.

Dr. Zola

I’m pretty sure Act 6, especially later chapters, will be harder than this.

• DNA3000DNA3000 Member, Guardian Posts: 19,359 Guardian
    @DNA3000 I especially like this line:

“at least you’ll be wearing a pretty hat while you get punched in the face.”

Only thing I would add is that under no circumstances should the boosts be punitive on Day 7. In many instances, they are.

Dr. Zola

Certainly, no content should have bugs or odd behavior that clearly appears to have subverted the intent of the design. That goes without saying. I was offering an observation beyond what others have already specifically pointed out as problems with the content. It shouldn't supercede other people's observations of problematic elements of the content.
  • OmegaManOmegaMan Member Posts: 383 ★★★
    Everything has unstoppable now, game is fillled with it in every quest. The timer resets in the middle, unstoppable triggers at any time, in the middle of specials, etc. Wth? Seriously its to the point of frustration that you just want to walk away and never play again. Its supposed to be a fun game that is challenging but that has gone away. Its ludicrous that you can lose an entire team in two ffights and never get hit. Great content guys
  • winterthurwinterthur Member Posts: 8,058 ★★★★★
    edited January 2019
    Only thing I would add is that under no circumstances should the boosts be punitive on Day 7. In many instances, they are.
    Dr. Zola

I am wondering if day 7 quest is not to be completed at one sitting.
    We can't spectate the opponent champs.
    Though the boosts gathered is helpful, it can be detrimental depending on nodes.
    So, should it be played over a few hours (check first opponent, check nodes, apply one boost. Finish fight, let boost cooldown (run out), start second fight, check nodes, apply boost if necessary) ?

I am on Android, so have two of each. :p
  • iknulliknull Member Posts: 2
    hello!
    i started playing trials of alchemist as soon as server was back up after the maintenance, and after a while it stopped working and and now i am getting a notification that "contest is down due to maintenance"... will i get a boosts refund?
  • TwistedEnigma17TwistedEnigma17 Member Posts: 69
    I got the spite node in epic on juggernaut. This wouldn’t be a problem if the boosts that are supposed to help didn’t make him gain a bar of power every 5 seconds. He ate through 5 lv2 revives before I got him down with Quake. Seems like there was terrible planning all around for this event.
  • Kushstar420Kushstar420 Member Posts: 192
    please take out brawl on the next version of trials please and close the gap from master to epic. these trials are great but the jump from master to epic does not match at all
  • HULK_BREAKHULK_BREAK Member Posts: 374
    I would say that there is too much difference in the levels, considering that I can do heroic level with one 4s r4 without any boosts and I can't do the master level with the 5s r4 and all the boosts :'(