**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

The debate. Who’s better Void or CapIW

Comments

• V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    edited January 2019
    Captain America Infinity War
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    V1PER1987 wrote: »
    Gamer wrote: »
    Void is stil better dont need dups for the revser wher cap need dups

I disagree. I think it’s the opposite. Void really only shines with a dupe whereas CAIW doesn’t really need it to be top tier.

Also I feel like Void is really only useful if there’s regen or power gain in the mix making him much more niche. CAIW can take on anyone and excel.

I find Void useful in other situations. For example, if you're fighting something like IMIW that is easy to fight initially but becomes dangerous towards the end of the fight Void's debuffs can make those fights a lot easier. Or say you're fighting MODOK with explosive personality. That's tricky in general because it is dangerous to hit into an autoblocking champ with the EP buff, but Void can simply use heavies to keep pushing the target back and not even really worry about delivering significant damage

It’s funny because what you’re describing in these two instances, CAIW actually does it better. CAIW is able to build up his kinetic potential charges and then heavy for massive damage. Can even throw in an L2 without auto block. I’m not saying Void can’t do it, he just does it a lot slower and the longer a fight draws out, the more prone to mistakes the player is likely to make.

I can see your point about thorns though. That does seem very useful.
  • 10or_Strong10or_Strong Posts: 1,195 ★★★
    Since this thread is full of folks with more experience than I have with CapIW, I have a question. I am working on finishing full exploration of Act 5, getting ready for LoL, tend to at least try to 100% monthly UC EQ, and generally working on closer to end game content. I have a 4* CapIW at Sig 26. Is the 4* version worth ranking up for that content? I have a solid 5* roster, but I've been really impressed with what I've seen as the many uses of CapIW. I have the resources to 5/50 him without any big 5* science champs to take up at the moment.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,554 Guardian
    Void

I disagree. I think it’s the opposite. Void really only shines with a dupe whereas CAIW doesn’t really need it to be top tier.

Also I feel like Void is really only useful if there’s regen or power gain in the mix making him much more niche. CAIW can take on anyone and excel.

I find Void useful in other situations. For example, if you're fighting something like IMIW that is easy to fight initially but becomes dangerous towards the end of the fight Void's debuffs can make those fights a lot easier. Or say you're fighting MODOK with explosive personality. That's tricky in general because it is dangerous to hit into an autoblocking champ with the EP buff, but Void can simply use heavies to keep pushing the target back and not even really worry about delivering significant damage

It’s funny because what you’re describing in these two instances, CAIW actually does it better. CAIW is able to build up his kinetic potential charges and then heavy for massive damage. Can even throw in an L2 without auto block. I’m not saying Void can’t do it, he just does it a lot slower and the longer a fight draws out, the more prone to mistakes the player is likely to make.

In those two situations I wasn't saying Void was better than CapIW, just that he was useful enough.

In general, "who's better than who" is a difficult question to settle because there's a lot of subjectivity to it. But the way I tend to approach that question is to ask which champion is useful enough in more situations overall, rather than which one is better than the other in more situations. That's just my way of looking at it. In other words, if hypothetically CapIW was the best champ in 50% of all situations and horrible in 50% (I know he's not), and Void was better than average in 60%, and below average in 40% then CapIW would beat Void head to head more often, but Void would have broader ability to be used, and I'd lean that way. Oversimplified and maybe the numbers are wonky, but hopefully you get the idea.
  • AhitlawAhitlaw Posts: 2,123 ★★★★
    Since this thread is full of folks with more experience than I have with CapIW, I have a question. I am working on finishing full exploration of Act 5, getting ready for LoL, tend to at least try to 100% monthly UC EQ, and generally working on closer to end game content. I have a 4* CapIW at Sig 26. Is the 4* version worth ranking up for that content? I have a solid 5* roster, but I've been really impressed with what I've seen as the many uses of CapIW. I have the resources to 5/50 him without any big 5* science champs to take up at the moment.
    I’d say yeah for act 5. Don’t think he’d be good for lol. For lol gonna need beefy 5*s

@DNA3000 you make perfect sense man.

I recommended an alliance member to rank his up and I don’t take that lightly. Resources take time to acquire and 8 T4B is a lot of resources to invest, especially in a 4*. But the thing is, I feel Cap is a notch above his level. He does a lot of things as a 4* an average 5* couldn’t do. Also (and this is a big factor, at least for me) he gets 0 damage parries which is huge for me. In a game where it’s very risky to intercept and a combo KOs you, I tend to rely on parry a lot, even on (stun) immune champs. His ability to not only take damage, but build up kinetic potential and unleash a powerful L2/L3 is huge. Plus his L1 has 100% defensive ability accuracy reduction if kinetically charged. He has a lot of utility and is both an offensive and defensive champ. My only worry is you pull him right afterward

In those two situations I wasn't saying Void was better than CapIW, just that he was useful enough.

In general, "who's better than who" is a difficult question to settle because there's a lot of subjectivity to it. But the way I tend to approach that question is to ask which champion is useful enough in more situations overall, rather than which one is better than the other in more situations. That's just my way of looking at it. In other words, if hypothetically CapIW was the best champ in 50% of all situations and horrible in 50% (I know he's not), and Void was better than average in 60%, and below average in 40% then CapIW would beat Void head to head more often, but Void would have broader ability to be used, and I'd lean that way. Oversimplified and maybe the numbers are wonky, but hopefully you get the idea.

Yes I get the idea. This whole game (ranking champs in general) is subjective and in the end I think people are going to rank up who they feel more comfortable with or enjoy playing the most. Most of the community would say Corvus is the best cosmic champ and you should rank him over anyone else. I chose to do Heimdall instead. It’s also important to keep in mind where one’s roster is at as well. Yondu is a fantastic champ with great bleed and heal block ability. But if you already have a champ that can heal block, you’ll most likely look to rank someone that adds a different type of utility unless you really like the champion.
  • Kenny292Kenny292 Posts: 536 ★★
    I think Cap IW is a better, more well-rounded champ overall, but Void is generally the better option for dealing with strong regen or matchups where you don't want to hit them very much and let the debuffs do most of the work.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,554 Guardian
    Void

Yes I get the idea. This whole game (ranking champs in general) is subjective and in the end I think people are going to rank up who they feel more comfortable with or enjoy playing the most. Most of the community would say Corvus is the best cosmic champ and you should rank him over anyone else. I chose to do Heimdall instead. It’s also important to keep in mind where one’s roster is at as well. Yondu is a fantastic champ with great bleed and heal block ability. But if you already have a champ that can heal block, you’ll most likely look to rank someone that adds a different type of utility unless you really like the champion.

I think that's another important part of the equation. "Who's the best" as a single question is a fun discussion but it has almost no practical application to the game. We don't have duels between our best and the event quest's best to settle the whole map like in the beginning of the movie Troy. We build teams, three or five members, and how valuable a champ is has more to do with what they contribute to the kinds of teams you can build than what they can do individually. A champ that fills a lot of holes into your best team is going to help you a lot more than "the best" in general that only does what you can already do just a little (or even a lot) faster.
  • TJ107TJ107 Posts: 79
    Void
    Void for me as well (more useful and better than Cap IW)
  • HeadrollerHeadroller Posts: 255
    He more useful for content then void in general.

Void is a cheat code for regen and power gain nodes though!

Have both as 5* 4/5.
  • I_ZERO_II_ZERO_I Posts: 104
    Void
    End content and higher tier War it’s Void.

IW Cap if you don’t have Void or don’t like using him.
  • Jkw634Jkw634 Posts: 283 ★★
    Let’s not forget on beta map 7 they added nodes that will not allow regen reversal. This may become common in new content
    Jkw634 wrote: »
    Let’s not forget on beta map 7 they added nodes that will not allow regen reversal. This may become common in new content

Yeah I’m sure that’ll play a part in act 6 as well. Also,Caps petrify is really good as well. This guy can do what void can do and much more. He’s not the best at any but he’s amazing at many,which is why I went with cap
  • Lovejoy72Lovejoy72 Posts: 1,858 ★★★★
    With the synergy thing, I really think void excels in small teams (war/AQ). CAIW gives many more options in large teams, and his abilities grow. He even has crossover value with Heimdall, creating double and triple value that can be dizzying.
  • Captain America Infinity War
    Void for me as well I hate building teams around synergies absolutely detest having a team dictated to me.

I could see this for his utility, but the thing I like about him is it really isn’t necessary.

A couple parries. A couple heavies. An SP2. Game over.

And I don’t need any synergies to do it.

Both great champs though for sure.

How’s this 49% and 50%? WHERE IS THAT 1% KABAM
  • SDPSDP Posts: 1,622 ★★★★
    edited January 2019
    Void
    Void. They are both great, but Void is so simple and elegant. Mordo, Ultron, Hype, Mephisto, etc. Regen nodes, Strike Back, Power gain, evade...

Void can win fights without landing a single hit. Even if you are terrible, with enough revives, you can win nearly any fight with Void. 😆

No synergies needed. Although, his regen with Killmonger is amazing, and makes him nearly unstoppable.

I also love to farm ROL with Void, KM, and Omega. Void can solo ROL and finish at 100% HP. It’s pretty nice. I also nearly did it with suicides on, and threw zero specials. Pretty cool.

Beardo is a monster though. Awesome champ.
  • TacoScottyTacoScotty Posts: 407 ★★
    Void
    I have a r5 CAIW and a r4 Void. R4 Void gets more use. However I do have other heavy hitters so maybe I am just biased as another said CAIW does a lot of things well just find other so specific things better. If I had a thin roster he would be a great guy to level up early because of that. However having wider roster you start looking for specific utilities more and if I want to reverse heal / power gain and some other items Void is my go to
  • CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    Cap
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    edited January 2019
    I have a 5/65 CapIW and a 6* void.
    Void is probably the easiest for regen/power reversal and such, but CapIW has so, so much utility when duped, and still has high damage on his L2 and L3.
  • SDPSDP Posts: 1,622 ★★★★
    Void
    I have a 5/65 CapIW and a 6* void.
    Void is probably the easiest for regen/power reversal and such, but CapIW has so, so much utility when duped, and still has high damage on his L2 and L3.

Void’s damage does go up quite a bit with his sig.
  • Void
    cap iw is brilliant, but for me and personal reasons, void just seems to be better
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,281 ★★★★★
    I think the take-home message of this thread is that they're both pretty awesome; and both are substantially better Awakened.

They've both got pretty good synergies as well - imagine you take your 4* Switch questing - CAIW gives her a decent damage boost for nullifying buffs, for example. If you've got a strong Killmonger,, you'll prefer Void.

Whose you've got in your team is therefore a major influence in who you'll prefer.

Or, it could simply be that preferring Void is a sign you've got more patience!

• Hulk_77Hulk_77 Posts: 782 ★★★
    All these complaints about Cap needing synergies, do none of you realize his synergies don't help him, except for the Science one. Only 2 other characters have an outgoing synergy with him (IMIW and Skaterboi) and neither are necessary really.

Now, I'm sure what they really meant was his signature, which activates different abilities based on the other classes on his team. Those are not synergies, nor are they particularly limiting as it isn't specific to any one hero, any member of any class activates these abilities. Given that you always have a team of 3 or 5, he's always getting some sort of bonus ability. Except in duels. Maybe duels are super important to these complainers?