**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Connection Issues [Merged Threads]

Comments

• HuStLa84HuStLa84 Posts: 11
    This game is almost unplayable with the constant connection issues and disconnecting, it disconnected me twice in the same arena series to give me a loss and of course losing my streak
    I’m running on the:
    iPhone XS
    New update
    Arena, aq, eq, ranking up everywhere.

I think if I time how long the loading picture with thing has been on my screen I’d be into at least a few hrs of just watching that.

Do we have any information as to why this is worse than before ???!!
  • New_Noob168New_Noob168 Posts: 1,562 ★★★★
    Man. I'm getting these constant network errors since the last update. I'm not the only one, but I'd say 75% of my alliance mates it the same thing.

It's all over. Watch Seatin and COWHale's videos...it's a joke. Is someone actually acknowledging the issues?
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    Worst update since they lit our phones on fire.
  • mugichamugicha Posts: 50
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLyXcDm-cMQ
    kabam watch this?
    Connection errors occur frequently.
  • New_Noob168New_Noob168 Posts: 1,562 ★★★★
    I think COWhale was at the airport, but regardless, it shouldn't be that bad....I've been playing for 4 years so I'm quite familiar with the spots in my area where I get bad reception. And this update is the worst for Network connection errors so far. Even on my wifi at home, same issue.
  • rwhackrwhack Posts: 1,047 ★★★
    edited January 2019
    So the connection bug is causing deaths in AW. I had a post about it before the season started. If kabam was in charge or auto races they would run it with cars occasionally spontaneously catching fire. LOL.

Seriously, how are you going to fix it and why the one week break between seasons when stuff was not working. Been through this before. The only explanation I have is the game is on precarious financial ground and they have to make money when it isn’t working right so full steam ahead. Yes, the one week break was too little.
  • dubstar00dubstar00 Posts: 6
    Every fight I play in this game I have to wait forever after the fight ends and cross my fingers that it actually registers I fought them
  • MaatManMaatMan Posts: 958 ★★★
    every freaking 2 mins there is connection error....
    my god the amount of time spent stuck waiting is disgusting since latest update.
    has anyone tried to level up a champ. OMG constant lag.
    what the hell has kabam done with this update?
    something appears to be causing packets to be dropped constantly.
  • Player1994Player1994 Posts: 793 ★★★
    it's annoying make arena runs 10x times slower lol
  • Swe_wolfisSwe_wolfis Posts: 390 ★★
    1- What is your device make and model?

Huawei P10

2- Are you are attempting to play the game over a WiFi or a cellular network connection?

Yes, both

3- Have you have tried playing through WiFi as opposed to a cellular connection or vice versa, and if so, what happens?

Yes, no difference

4- Have you tried playing the game on an alternative device, and if so, were you able to play without encountering this issue?

No, feel free to send me a iPhone X for testing if it makes any difference

5- Where abouts in the game has this issue presented itself to you, is it on the initial loading screen or when you are playing in a game mode such as Arena, Alliance Quest/War, etc?

EVERYWHERE
  • Darkstar4387Darkstar4387 Posts: 2,145 ★★★
    Android
    Moto E4 plus 2gb ram 7.1.1
    Moto E5 plus 3gb ram 8.0
    WiFi verizion 50-100 mbs
    Cellular data 40+mbs

Two different phones and models, two different Networks and both phones should handle this game with ease and can handle much more demanding games easily and I have zero issues with using other apps and streaming.

The only game I have a problem with network issues a lot is this one and I know it's not on my end, a lot of my members are also dealing with this with numerous other devices and os.

It always seems to come back and get worse with subsquent updates with no signs of ever being properly being fixed or addressed rather they constantly blame it on us or our devices which sucks is just another thing we have to suck it up and deal with or quit or take frequent breaks due to the frustration of playing this game and having to deal with the myrdid of other issues this game has.
  • phil56201phil56201 Posts: 953 ★★★
    Connection problems and input and framerate lag are persistent in every aspect of the game since a day or 2 before the last update. Playing on a LG Aristo 2 with android 8.1 OS. Any Wifi I'm connected to as well as cellular network. Makes no difference.
  • Connection error every 2 minutes, on multiple Android devices (lg g5 and s8) 8.0, over wifi and LTE+, version 21.1
  • UppercutUppercut Posts: 158
    Based on the messages here it’s the same issue with all devices and mobile O/S. Devs need to look into this. Easy to reproduce - open the game and spend 5 minutes playing. I’m not sure why is the game always communicating with the backend if it can’t handle so many concurrent connections. Need to rethink how data is passed around or scale the backend systems
  • TurtleJamesTurtleJames Posts: 68
    Every player on this game gets multiple connection error messages between each fight, when ranking up, when doing arena, when loading the game, when pressing the help button, when looking at the screen....for months.

Kabam's response: Oh that's strange. *Insert fake empathy statement that blames the player in a roundabout way*. Have you tried resetting your phone? Are you connected to the internet? *Jangles some keys in your face.* What's this? What's this? Who's a big boy? Yes, you are! Fill out this template, and show mommy.

• SparkAlotSparkAlot Posts: 957 ★★★★
    I have seen an overall increase in "connection error" popups at almost every fight, level ups, crystal openings, and just at the main menu.
  • DiablosUltimateDiablosUltimate Posts: 1,021 ★★★
    If anything, it got worse
  • Labais55Labais55 Posts: 40
    Pretty much game is imposible to play, takes to much time.. connetion lose on any mode. Non stop...
    Kabam Lyra wrote: »
    Hello,

We've overall seen an improvement in connection stability but we are still investigating this issue for players continuing to see connection errors. Thank you for your patience, everyone.

Not on my end, it hasen't.
    By the way, Darkhawk is still lagging...

This, also. In the event quest. Master and UC.

• FabiusBRFabiusBR Posts: 275 ★★★

Kabam Lyra wrote: »
    Hello,

We've overall seen an improvement in connection stability but we are still investigating this issue for players continuing to see connection errors. Thank you for your patience, everyone.

Actually, it is much worse since the last update. Getting the message constantly when moving between screens. Your team needs to re-evaluate. Connection stability has worsened appreciably since the update. I’m using an iPhone 8.
  • caligarelinquocaligarelinquo Posts: 218
    If the vast majority of summoners are experiencing the same issue, one has to think of checking their own servers instead of constantly asking each summoner to provide what device they are using. We go through this periodically and there doesn't seem to be any change in sight. I really love playing this game but I do not like these connection issues spamming everything I do.
This discussion has been closed.