**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Uncollected Diablo

SiliyoSiliyo Posts: 1,377 ★★★★★
https://youtu.be/5xGMJ2n6sJw

Here is a recorded fight between my 5/65 Blade against Uncollected Diablo. I am in no way saying that Blade should easily take out Diablo. I am sharing this to show the fact that Uncollected Diablo was able to 1-shot a 5/65 with a 5-hit combo and that is absurd. To quote the MCOC Dev Team, this goes against a lot of what they had mentioned in their "Dev Diary: Added Difficulty" post here.

Point 1:
In that post, the devs had mentioned:
There are other ways that we try to make difficulty enjoyable:
- Placing Local Nodes that shake up your team or playstyle.
- Encouraging you to try different Champions, or experience some combat variety.
- Creating epic battles like when you go up against a final boss in a new Story Quest.

Now I would like to say that Uncollected Diablo does not (1) shake up my team or playstyle, (2) encourage me to try different champions (except with the special occasion of Void, but even then I may end up with the same result of losing), and (3) does not create an epic battle. Doesn't this go against what you're trying to do?

Point 2:
"Difficulty and fun can go hand in hand, but striking the right balance is important and not always an easy task. An opponent with +1000% Attack is a lot scarier and harder than one with +50% Attack, but isn’t more interesting. It’s not fun to walk into a fight and immediately lose your entire roster to a challenge with no counters." ... "Opponents with obscene Attack values become boring, because every fight they’re involved in is binary. Either you play perfectly and win, or you make a single mistake and you lose. We want to give you more variety and a much more interesting fight than that!" --- as I have demonstrated through my video, it was not whether I played perfectly or not. In fact I did the best I could. However, because of poor game design on this boss node I made a single mistake and I lost one of my strongest champ. It wasn't because I missed an evade, parry, or whatever else on MY part. I lost because mid-combo Diablo got unstoppable and THERE IS NO COUNTER.

I understand you guys are trying your best with communication between the player base and the dev team as well as deliver new content to us, but c'mon. This is straight up "fun and interactive" content, man. The unstoppable is ridiculous and should have at least worked in the same way as The Champion's unstoppable where we had a warning.
«1

Comments

  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,116 ★★★★★
    Siliyo wrote: »
    https://youtu.be/5xGMJ2n6sJw

    Here is a recorded fight between my 5/65 Blade against Uncollected Diablo. I am in no way saying that Blade should easily take out Diablo. I am sharing this to show the fact that Uncollected Diablo was able to 1-shot a 5/65 with a 5-hit combo and that is absurd. To quote the MCOC Dev Team, this goes against a lot of what they had mentioned in their "Dev Diary: Added Difficulty" post here.

    Point 1:
    In that post, the devs had mentioned:
    There are other ways that we try to make difficulty enjoyable:
    - Placing Local Nodes that shake up your team or playstyle.
    - Encouraging you to try different Champions, or experience some combat variety.
    - Creating epic battles like when you go up against a final boss in a new Story Quest.

    Now I would like to say that Uncollected Diablo does not (1) shake up my team or playstyle, (2) encourage me to try different champions (except with the special occasion of Void, but even then I may end up with the same result of losing), and (3) does not create an epic battle. Doesn't this go against what you're trying to do?

    Point 2:
    "Difficulty and fun can go hand in hand, but striking the right balance is important and not always an easy task. An opponent with +1000% Attack is a lot scarier and harder than one with +50% Attack, but isn’t more interesting. It’s not fun to walk into a fight and immediately lose your entire roster to a challenge with no counters." ... "Opponents with obscene Attack values become boring, because every fight they’re involved in is binary. Either you play perfectly and win, or you make a single mistake and you lose. We want to give you more variety and a much more interesting fight than that!" --- as I have demonstrated through my video, it was not whether I played perfectly or not. In fact I did the best I could. However, because of poor game design on this boss node I made a single mistake and I lost one of my strongest champ. It wasn't because I missed an evade, parry, or whatever else on MY part. I lost because mid-combo Diablo got unstoppable and THERE IS NO COUNTER.

    I understand you guys are trying your best with communication between the player base and the dev team as well as deliver new content to us, but c'mon. This is straight up "fun and interactive" content, man. The unstoppable is ridiculous and should have at least worked in the same way as The Champion's unstoppable where we had a warning.

    U Can control the unst play slow that help alot and Not always go in for a 5 hit combos the meta has cancge
  • SiliyoSiliyo Posts: 1,377 ★★★★★
    @Gamer I was in the middle of a 2-hit combo when the unstoppable showed up. I couldn’t do much about it.
  • Kenny292Kenny292 Posts: 536 ★★
    1. There was a lot of additional damage at play because he had his emberboon concoction active(deals an additional 55% damage as energy damage per hit for 12 seconds)

    2. You can force him into going unstoppable outside of hitting him. When he dashes back and blocks for 1.2 seconds while a concoction is ready, he drinks the concoction, which triggers the unstoppable from the toxic rage node. You can hit him freely until he starts to brew a concoction and while the brewing timer is up. Once the concoction is ready, you can let him dash back and wait til he blocks, then attack into his block or throw a light attack at the air as if you were trying to switch NC’s stances. This gets him to drink and trigger the unstoppable safely, then you wait it out and repeat.
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,116 ★★★★★
    Siliyo wrote: »
    @Gamer I was in the middle of a 2-hit combo when the unstoppable showed up. I couldn’t do much about it.

    Yes u culd play it slow. And Not smas the buttem im kil him with a SL. And ofcasse u cant make mistake. That tru. But the unst. U Can kind control it u just hav to play a bit more slow your videos wher agersive.
  • SiliyoSiliyo Posts: 1,377 ★★★★★
    Kenny292 wrote: »
    1. There was a lot of additional damage at play because he had his emberboon concoction active(deals an additional 55% damage as energy damage per hit for 12 seconds)

    2. You can force him into going unstoppable outside of hitting him. When he dashes back and blocks for 1.2 seconds while a concoction is ready, he drinks the concoction, which triggers the unstoppable from the toxic rage node. You can hit him freely until he starts to brew a concoction and while the brewing timer is up. Once the concoction is ready, you can let him dash back and wait til he blocks, then attack into his block or throw a light attack at the air as if you were trying to switch NC’s stances. This gets him to drink and trigger the unstoppable safely, then you wait it out and repeat.

    I’ll try this. Thanks.
  • Kenny292Kenny292 Posts: 536 ★★
    Siliyo wrote: »
    Kenny292 wrote: »
    1. There was a lot of additional damage at play because he had his emberboon concoction active(deals an additional 55% damage as energy damage per hit for 12 seconds)

    2. You can force him into going unstoppable outside of hitting him. When he dashes back and blocks for 1.2 seconds while a concoction is ready, he drinks the concoction, which triggers the unstoppable from the toxic rage node. You can hit him freely until he starts to brew a concoction and while the brewing timer is up. Once the concoction is ready, you can let him dash back and wait til he blocks, then attack into his block or throw a light attack at the air as if you were trying to switch NC’s stances. This gets him to drink and trigger the unstoppable safely, then you wait it out and repeat.

    I’ll try this. Thanks.

    No problem, I stumbled upon that strategy accidentally in the middle of one of my fights against him lol
  • B1gG4zB1gG4z Posts: 146
    Just go in with void and do a little bit of dancing with him (no hits) get those debuffs up. Once you get a petrify you will seriously halt his healing. Then just keep doing a 1 or 2 hit combo on him, spam sp1 when it’s ready and boom watch him kill himself as he tries to heal. He can go down with very minimal hits if you have void
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,230 ★★★★★
    Siliyo wrote: »
    Can't always take the same Champ in and beat it.

    You've missed the point, my friend. I even stated "I am in no way saying that Blade should easily take out Diablo. I am sharing this to show the fact that Uncollected Diablo was able to 1-shot a 5/65 with a 5-hit combo and that is absurd." If my 5/65 got 1-shotted, what does that say about my other 5/65, 4/55, etc?

    It says you didn't have a strategy yet.
  • MaatManMaatMan Posts: 958 ★★★
    Siliyo wrote: »
    Can't always take the same Champ in and beat it.

    You've missed the point, my friend. I even stated "I am in no way saying that Blade should easily take out Diablo. I am sharing this to show the fact that Uncollected Diablo was able to 1-shot a 5/65 with a 5-hit combo and that is absurd." If my 5/65 got 1-shotted, what does that say about my other 5/65, 4/55, etc?

    It says you didn't have a strategy yet.

    yes but his point is a simple as the obscene power of Diablo.
    going from full health to dead from one combo is not something that should happen.
    it is not fun.
    in this case there is no point to using potions or anything as it doesnt matter wat health you have.
    slip up once u die.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,230 ★★★★★
    MaatMan wrote: »
    Siliyo wrote: »
    Can't always take the same Champ in and beat it.

    You've missed the point, my friend. I even stated "I am in no way saying that Blade should easily take out Diablo. I am sharing this to show the fact that Uncollected Diablo was able to 1-shot a 5/65 with a 5-hit combo and that is absurd." If my 5/65 got 1-shotted, what does that say about my other 5/65, 4/55, etc?

    It says you didn't have a strategy yet.

    yes but his point is a simple as the obscene power of Diablo.
    going from full health to dead from one combo is not something that should happen.
    it is not fun.
    in this case there is no point to using potions or anything as it doesnt matter wat health you have.
    slip up once u die.

    Every Uncollected Final Boss is the same in that sense. You slip up, you die. This isn't the same as last month where there was little to no possibility of dealing with it. In this case, there are a number of workable strategies. You're just not guaranteed to go into it and down him the first time. Which is the point I was making. Had the OP mentioned trying different avenues repeatedly, that may be a different story. Coming in with the premise that he downed a 5/65 first go isn't really much to say. Of course he can down a Max 5*, if you don't have the right strategy.
  • Akarsh383Akarsh383 Posts: 76
    I defeated him with my 4/55 quake....
  • HeadrollerHeadroller Posts: 255
    Capiw when kinetically charged can hit him while he’s unstoppable.
  • Manup456Manup456 Posts: 886 ★★★★
    edited January 2019
    My problem with this fight is what gives him unstoppable?, there is no way to know when it's going to happen which makes it pretty unfair.

    Why is it that pretty much every new champ has unstoppable? Not very creative
  • RSkwRSkw Posts: 9
    His unstoppable is really annoying, but I remember when Juggernaut triggered his unstoppable mid-combo. ROL was really hard.
    But I agree, it's not fun when you make a mistake and is KO-ed. The game is in a crossroad: You have to develop challenging and fun interactions for end game players (with strong roasters and willing to spend $$) without displease (too much) the casual one. We (the casual players) are loosing this war, and in the long term the game might loose its base players and people loose interest.
  • SiliyoSiliyo Posts: 1,377 ★★★★★
    He didn't really slip up, though. Mid-combo unstoppable is some BS

    Exactly. Somebody saw the video! It was ridiculous.
  • ShrimkinsShrimkins Posts: 1,479 ★★★★
    Siliyo wrote: »
    He didn't really slip up, though. Mid-combo unstoppable is some BS

    Exactly. Somebody saw the video! It was ridiculous.

    It's part of the nodes they put on him. It's not ridiculous as you should read the nodes and expect that to happen.

    Either bring a counter or just fight around it.
  • Kenny292Kenny292 Posts: 536 ★★
    Manup456 wrote: »
    My problem with this fight is what gives him unstoppable?, there is no way to know when it's going to happen which makes it pretty unfair.

    Why is it that pretty much every new champ has unstoppable? Not very creative

    Sure, there’s no way to know when it’s going to trigger mid-combo when he has a concoction ready, but there are warning signs and a way to deal with it as previously mentioned. It tells you when he starts brewing, even giving you a brewing timer letting you know when he will have a concoction ready, at which point you can coerce him into drinking it by getting him to dash back and hold block rather than just hitting him and hoping you can react quick enough mid-combo.
  • Sunny2847Sunny2847 Posts: 125
    Keep backing them..already facing trouble with wasp..restricted myself to 2 hit combo..and now they might want us to do 1hit and dash back.. !!!
  • IsItthoughIsItthough Posts: 254 ★★
    edited January 2019
    What I don't understand, is it states he has to dash back and hold block for 1.2 seconds to drink a potion. How is it possible to be blocking while Im in the middle of a combo? He is getting hit and not blocking and it proc's. Has happened a number of times to me. You can see he has a potion ready at :30 mark in the video, but after his special the OP attacks and starts a combo, at which point he isn't blocking but still gets Unstoppable at :34 mark. This is the mechanic that seems broken. I've read the buffs and nodes over and over and still don't understand how that works. It shouldn't react that way.
  • Kushstar420Kushstar420 Posts: 192
    edited January 2019
    IsItthough wrote: »
    What I don't understand, is it states he has to dash back and hold block for 1.2 seconds to drink a potion. How is it possible to be blocking while Im in the middle of a combo? He is getting hit and not blocking and it proc's. Has happened a number of times to me. You can see he has a potion ready at :30 mark in the video, but after his special the OP attacks and starts a combo, at which point he isn't blocking but still gets Unstoppable at :34 mark. This is the mechanic that seems broken. I've read the buffs and nodes over and over and still don't understand how that works. It shouldn't react that way.

    thank the fight creator as he made a node where each hit you inflict has a 25 percent chance to either make him drink a potion or brew one. of course when this happens he goes unstoppable.
    sounds CASH GRABY to me but its made for a "challenge"
  • SiliyoSiliyo Posts: 1,377 ★★★★★
    Shrimkins wrote: »
    Siliyo wrote: »
    He didn't really slip up, though. Mid-combo unstoppable is some BS

    Exactly. Somebody saw the video! It was ridiculous.

    It's part of the nodes they put on him. It's not ridiculous as you should read the nodes and expect that to happen.

    Either bring a counter or just fight around it.

    Out of 130+ champions in the game, only 2 are good counters (Quake or Void), that's not really a counter. It means you NEED a certain champion. This shows how (1) the META is changing drastically, where the old champs are not viable for new content and (2) "expecting that to happen" is a lame excuse to introduce fun and interactive nodes.
  • ShrimkinsShrimkins Posts: 1,479 ★★★★
    Siliyo wrote: »
    Shrimkins wrote: »
    Siliyo wrote: »
    He didn't really slip up, though. Mid-combo unstoppable is some BS

    Exactly. Somebody saw the video! It was ridiculous.

    It's part of the nodes they put on him. It's not ridiculous as you should read the nodes and expect that to happen.

    Either bring a counter or just fight around it.

    Out of 130+ champions in the game, only 2 are good counters (Quake or Void), that's not really a counter. It means you NEED a certain champion. This shows how (1) the META is changing drastically, where the old champs are not viable for new content and (2) "expecting that to happen" is a lame excuse to introduce fun and interactive nodes.

    ST with KM synergy is a good counter, CAIW is a great counter, and domino is a good counter. I'm sure there are plenty of others people haven't figured out yet. The META is not shifting, it's shattering. It's just saying that not every champ will be good at ever piece of content.

    Again, the node tells you that he has a 25% chance on hit to activate his potion if he has one brewed. Anytime a potion activates he goes unstoppable. I've seen plenty of people simply fight around this mechanic. He only gets 16(?) potions the entire fight. After all his potions are gone he can't go unstoppable anymore then it's just an easy fight after that.
  • Kushstar420Kushstar420 Posts: 192
    He didn't really slip up, though. Mid-combo unstoppable is some BS

    THIS. RIGHT.HERE FOLKS
  • sbdjdksbdjdk Posts: 178
    2 words
  • Kenny292Kenny292 Posts: 536 ★★
    IsItthough wrote: »
    What I don't understand, is it states he has to dash back and hold block for 1.2 seconds to drink a potion. How is it possible to be blocking while Im in the middle of a combo? He is getting hit and not blocking and it proc's. Has happened a number of times to me. You can see he has a potion ready at :30 mark in the video, but after his special the OP attacks and starts a combo, at which point he isn't blocking but still gets Unstoppable at :34 mark. This is the mechanic that seems broken. I've read the buffs and nodes over and over and still don't understand how that works. It shouldn't react that way.

    Take another look at the “Toxic Rage” node on him.
  • IsItthoughIsItthough Posts: 254 ★★
    Kenny292 wrote: »
    IsItthough wrote: »
    What I don't understand, is it states he has to dash back and hold block for 1.2 seconds to drink a potion. How is it possible to be blocking while Im in the middle of a combo? He is getting hit and not blocking and it proc's. Has happened a number of times to me. You can see he has a potion ready at :30 mark in the video, but after his special the OP attacks and starts a combo, at which point he isn't blocking but still gets Unstoppable at :34 mark. This is the mechanic that seems broken. I've read the buffs and nodes over and over and still don't understand how that works. It shouldn't react that way.

    Take another look at the “Toxic Rage” node on him.

    I just did, and I never caught the fact that on hits he can drink it. Thanks, found a solution with Domino and the trinity.
Sign In or Register to comment.