False notifications [Merged Threads]

FortGodzFortGodz Member Posts: 2
edited January 2019 in Bugs and Known Issues
I've just received a notification saying I can claim a free 4* crystal and 500 units and once I've logged in to the game I haven't got the 4* or units can anyone help
@Kabam Miike
Post edited by Kabam Vydious on

Comments

• KingsKrewKingsKrew Member Posts: 15
    Just got a notification saying log in now to get your free 4star and units but nothing in game when logging in. Did anyone else get this notification? Such a tease.
  • JadedJaded Member Posts: 5,477 ★★★★★
    xb6ehmdxntku.jpeg

Yup I got it and got nothing 😂
    edited January 2019
    Ok sounds like I am not going crazy from playing to much MCOC then. Hopefully we will get an answer from mods about it
  • Darkstar4387Darkstar4387 Member Posts: 2,145 ★★★
    No but I have in the past and got nothing, though I am sure some players have gotten what's in that notification which sucks buts that's how they work
    Thanks for providing screen shot Jaded
    Hopefully it doesn’t go down like that Darkstar
  • MagsMags Member Posts: 132
    I just got this as well.. can a mod please reply to what's going on?
    Sounds like false advertising at this point.. got nothing in game when I hit the notification.
    @Kabam Miike
  • John757John757 Member Posts: 1,085 ★★★
    I declare shenanigans!
    I second that John757
    Hopefully a mod gets us an answer Mags
  • SolswerdSolswerd Member Posts: 1,870 ★★★★
    These sometimes come up if you have ever had more than one game account. (i.e. The notification actually pertains to an account you do not use anymore) Do not know if that applies to you...just trying to help.
    Hey there!

This can happen at times when you've logged into your other account(s) on that same device! It can be confusing and we apologize, however, I would recommend checking your other account(s) as that may be where the items are.

So you're saying it's legit? These free items are indeed as advertised in one account or the other?
    I only have one account on one device I log into @Kabam Vydious I don’t have another account to log into to get the rewards offered
    Definitely shenanigans
  • SgtSlaughter78SgtSlaughter78 Member Posts: 464 ★★★
    I’d like me some of this action please.
  • Josegee2321Josegee2321 Member Posts: 52
    I got the same thing and only have one account? So?
    I’m wondering if this notification was sent out earlier then anticipated and they don’t want to ruin the surprise. At least that’s what I am hoping for at this point.
  • Kabam VydiousKabam Vydious Member Posts: 3,598 ★★★★★
    Solswerd wrote: »
    These sometimes come up if you have ever had more than one game account. (i.e. The notification actually pertains to an account you do not use anymore) Do not know if that applies to you...just trying to help.

This is correct! If a friend has ever logged into their account on your device for them to play, this can also be the result of this.
    Okay, now I'm confused.. the items weren't awarded to either account, despite what @Kabam Vydious stated.
    Sooo.. can someone fill us in? Do I need to submit a ticket to figure out where they've gone?
    Mags wrote: »
    Okay, now I'm confused.. the items weren't awarded to either account, despite what @Kabam Vydious stated.
    Sooo.. can someone fill us in? Do I need to submit a ticket to figure out where they've gone?

Has a friend ever logged in on your device so they could play? If there was ever an account put onto that device that wasn't your main one, this could be the result of it too.
  • FortGodzFortGodz Member Posts: 2
    I nor anyone else have ever signed in to a different account on my phone
    @Kabam Vydious I am the only person that uses my device and have the one account. Should I submit a ticket to receive the rewards offered?
    Maybe the BBB should look into this
  • Josegee2321Josegee2321 Member Posts: 52
    Nobody uses my device besides myself
  • SCHNOOTSCHNOOT Member Posts: 49
    Neither of my accounts got any rewards and no one else has logged in on my phone. This is pure kabam style JUNK.
    There is a comment thread on Reddit also so this notification was definitely sent out to more then just a few people. No one has said they have received any of the rewards offered. If it was accidentally sent out @Kabam Vydious we can handle the truth but saying that maybe it’s on another account or maybe a friend logged on our device is only going to add to the confusion.
  • Jawarrior2001Jawarrior2001 Member Posts: 303
    Jestress wrote: »
    Mags wrote: »

Has a friend ever logged in on your device so they could play? If there was ever an account put onto that device that wasn't your main one, this could be the result of it too.

If someone other than you logs into your account, wouldn't this be a violation of the TOS? So you guys are sending out rewards to people who have violated the TOS?

They aren't logging into the account, they are using the device, so it wouldn't really count as a violation.
    Jestress wrote: »

If someone other than you logs into your account, wouldn't this be a violation of the TOS? So you guys are sending out rewards to people who have violated the TOS?

That wasn't what I had said. I had stated that if a friend has logged into their account on your device to play their game, this could be the result of this. If your friend logged into the account on your device and had you play then that would be a violation of TOS.
This discussion has been closed.