**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Brawl - 5 Second Window Intended? Implementation Error?

becauseicantbecauseicant Posts: 412 ★★★
edited January 2019 in General Discussion
It seems like whoever programmed this node didn't take into account the time the unstoppable buff is active versus the countdown timer, which ends up giving us only 5 seconds with which to try and land a few hits on the opponent before they are unstoppable again. The node description - "Every 10 seconds both champions become unstoppable..." - seems to indicate the intended design was to give us a 10 second gap in between activations for us to land some hits. This type of gameplay where you wait around landing a hit or two every 10 seconds isn't exactly exciting and really feels like an artificial lengthening of already long fights. There also isn't much opportunity for counter play considering the buff is passive and therefore we can't interact with it.

Comments

• Options
    Jkw634Jkw634 Posts: 284 ★★
    I said something about it last week. No answer. What op is talking about start fight. Every 10 seconds both champs go unstoppable for 5 seconds. Once that unstoppable starts the timer starts over for the 10 seconds so once the 5 second unstoppable stops only 5 seconds left before it kicks back in.
  • Options
    Jkw634Jkw634 Posts: 284 ★★
    Drooped2 wrote: »
    Jkw634 wrote: »
    I said something about it last week. No answer. What op is talking about start fight. Every 10 seconds both champs go unstoppable for 5 seconds. Once that unstoppable starts the timer starts over for the 10 seconds so once the 5 second unstoppable stops only 5 seconds left before it kicks back in.

Which is exactly how the node is written.. not sure why everyone thinks that's a bug or whatever it's doing exactly what it says it's going to do.

I think it says each champ goes unstoppable every 10 seconds for 5 seconds. Which means after the unstoppable stops a 10 second timer would kick back in and after 10 seconds both would go unstoppable again. As it works now after the first 10 second timer both champs are only not unstoppable for 5 seconds intervals.

• Options
    SungjSungj Posts: 2,112 ★★★★★
    Jkw634 wrote: »

I think it says each champ goes unstoppable every 10 seconds for 5 seconds. Which means after the unstoppable stops a 10 second timer would kick back in and after 10 seconds both would go unstoppable again. As it works now after the first 10 second timer both champs are only not unstoppable for 5 seconds intervals.

If it worked like that that would mean the champ goes unstoppable every 15 seconds. The time that the champion is unstoppable is still time that passed after they activated it or went unstoppable. 5 seconds up time + 5 seconds off time = 10 seconds between activations like the node says. 5 seconds on time + 10 seconds off time = 15 seconds between activations which is not what it says. I'm all for changing it to the latter since it sucks the way it is but it does seem to be working as intended
  • Options
    MaatManMaatMan Posts: 958 ★★★
    I’m just surprised they didn’t add a Bane node.

nah brute force.
    lol. most of the brute force timer would be consumed with unstoppable. meaning you would need to land a hit right beofre unstoppable started and within 1 sec after it finishes to avoid degen....
    sounds fun and interactive. lol.
  • Options
    Patchie93Patchie93 Posts: 1,898 ★★★★
    MaatMan wrote: »
    I’m just surprised they didn’t add a Bane node.

nah brute force.
    lol. most of the brute force timer would be consumed with unstoppable. meaning you would need to land a hit right beofre unstoppable started and within 1 sec after it finishes to avoid degen....
    sounds fun and interactive. lol.

Aggressive regen bro. Tou wouod only have time to remove the regen stacks that pile up during the unstoppable.. haha

Not really all you would need to do then is use modok or void and the fight would be easy
  • Options
    tkhan08tkhan08 Posts: 189 ★★
    Brawl should be removed from the game. Passive unstoppable that cannot be removed and AI just blocks until unstoppable is active again.
  • Options
    EvilEmpireEvilEmpire Posts: 639 ★★★
    Yeah the cowering tactics the ai employs during the very limited attack window is pretty weak 🙄
  • Options
    General__RossGeneral__Ross Posts: 157
    I’m perfectly fine with brawl. Just long fights, pay attention to the timer and you’ll be fine.
  • Options
    GamerGamer Posts: 10,180 ★★★★★
    I’m perfectly fine with brawl. Just long fights, pay attention to the timer and you’ll be fine.

Void make Hyperion a joke one that node if u get lucky early one
  • Options
    Any statement on this? Today on Epic vs Hyperion with a 5 second window was brutal. Lost 3 Champions and had to quit later on.
  • Options
    KormoKormo Posts: 77
    I had to quit too. Kabam should know not every summoner has a hard hitter and 5 seconds windows is too short. No one wants to sit 15mins in a fight slowly chipping away health. I had to fight 240k health kingpin. If it takes more than 5 minutes to take out ROL WS with my best champions with no 5 sec window, how long will this take. He took out 3 champs, i gave up and quit.
  • Options
    hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,117 ★★★★★
    edited January 2019
    I think my suggestion is to at least rename the node to something else and remove the unstoppable proc from the attacker. I can't think of any situation in which we, the attacker, are actually going to engage in a "brawl" with the defender. Their stats will always be higher than ours and we would always lose said brawl if we actually attempted it. Am I missing something?
  • Options
    FineDogFineDog Posts: 403 ★★★
    Everyone in here arguing the semantics of it saying they "go" unstoppable every 10 seconds, so clearly it is working as labeled, is missing the point. The point is that it's a terrible node. It's plausible the designers thought "let's make a node that does Unstoppable every 10 seconds", and in their heads they forgot about the time it's active. I mean that's certainly how many of us thought of it when we read it, even if it's true that we didn't read it carefully enough. It wouldn't be SO bad if that were the case.

At the end of the day, the point of this post is obviously that we only get five seconds at a time to attack, during which the opponent goes completely defensive and waits for Unstoppable to go active again. The node is called "brawl" and gives us Unstoppable too, which would indicate that we should be slugging it out back and forth, but the opponent's attack is like five times ours so it ends up just being a long and annoying fight because we would die pretty fast if we actually tried to "brawl" with them.
  • Options
    becauseicantbecauseicant Posts: 412 ★★★
    @FineDog Yes exactly, I guess it was a mistake to even bring up how the node is worded but I thought it might lend some weight behind the designers intent versus the implementation argument because like I mentioned there are other nodes that are worded the same way and yet the cooldown timer only appears after the effect wears off.

Regardless, the focus here is definitely on how un-interactive this node is and how increasing the time between activations to a true 10 second window would go a long way to making these fights more bearable without losing the effect of the node.
  • Options
    SabrefencerSabrefencer Posts: 1,433 ★★★
    It's all about interpretation. For example, to some people the term "bi-monthly" means twice a month while to others it means every 2 months. The description is poorly written, to say the least, as it does leave it opem for interpretation.
  • Options
    SabrefencerSabrefencer Posts: 1,433 ★★★
    It's all about interpretation. For example, to some people the term "bi-monthly" means twice a month while to others it means every 2 months. The description is poorly written, to say the least, as it does leave it opem for interpretation.

The description says goes unstoppable every 10 seconds goes is a word with meaning..

Again its written fine failure to properly read doesnt mean the writing is flawed

I agree, dude. When I read it I took it as EVERY 10 SECONDS (including the time that Unstoppable runs). If they meant it to not include the 5-second Unstoppable, it would have been in the description. But I can see how others interpret it as every 10 (not including the buff).