**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Marvel Villains: A Dastardly Discussion

Hey there Summoners!

With a diabolic new villain making his way into the Contest, we wanted to ask our community:

Who are your favorite villains in the Marvel universe?

What villain are you always excited to see make an appearance on the page or on the screen? Who is the one you can’t help but love, or love to hate? Who do you think comes up with the best evil plans? Who do you think gives the best villainous monologues? Let us know your thoughts below!

For me, Doctor Octopus is one of my favorite villains. His brand of villainy is just so…. classic! I love that his plots are frequently complicated and that he takes any chance he can to voice his thoughts in the most verbose way possible. And I love that he’s so used to being a villain that, even when he is on the side of good, the way he operates still screams “super-villain”.

12302lztfm7z.gif

Comments

• Tasty_Yum_YumsTasty_Yum_Yums Posts: 444 ★★★
    edited January 2019
    Galactus
  • KickNatherinaKickNatherina Posts: 157
    I’m currently reading the Thor: God of Thunder comic series, and i’ve gotta say - I’m taking a liking to Gorr, the god butcher.

Favorites of all time though - Galactus, Thanos, Doctor Doom, the Void. My top of those would be Thanos though, for sure.
  • Woody15Woody15 Posts: 544 ★★★
    From the comics? Dr. Doom
    From the movies? Killmonger
  • BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,277 ★★★★★
    Tie between Doom ( with a soft spot for the 2099 anti-hero variant) and Apocalypse.
  • spaceoctopusspaceoctopus Posts: 1,111 ★★★
    Green goblin. Love a good maniac.
  • Jh_DezJh_Dez Posts: 1,306 ★★★
    Magneto for me
    I don't actually see him as a villain more like a hero.
  • WATCHEDWATCHED Posts: 186
    How About X24 Logan as a Villain, give him the most dangerous bleed and attack in the game.
  • Snail_McGavinSnail_McGavin Posts: 105
    edited January 2019
    Onslaught, Mr. Sinister and Sebastian Shaw!!
  • The character we all know is coming, Dr Doom. For me, the essence of a great villain, and the best in all comics. Really looking forward to what you do with him.

We have more than a few Dr. Doom fans here who would agree with your choice!
  • OmniOmni Posts: 574 ★★★
    Mr Sinister
  • AndTavAndTav Posts: 261
    Apocalypse.
  • caligarelinquocaligarelinquo Posts: 218
    Carnage, Magneto, Dr.Doom, Apocalypse, and Void
    Just waiting for Kabam to complete this dream team.
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,172 ★★★★★
    Excited to see Dr. Doom in the contest. He'll make you a lot of money, too.
  • GNASTYGNASTY Posts: 348 ★★
    Mr Sinister for sure
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    The character we all know is coming, Dr Doom. For me, the essence of a great villain, and the best in all comics. Really looking forward to what you do with him.

Going to be hilarious when they make him mystic class and give him science powers with cosmic effects and tech animations.
  • Movies: Thanos
    Comics: BlackHeart
  • Savio444Savio444 Posts: 1,781 ★★★★
    edited January 2019
    Mysterio
  • FhfjghhggggjfhfjgFhfjghhggggjfhfjg Posts: 4,492 ★★★★★
    Thanos, proxima
  • mgj0630mgj0630 Posts: 992 ★★★★
    For me, it has to be Apocalypse, hands down.

The story lines from the comics, and even the cartoon series in the 90s were fantastic. The movie didn't do him justice though.

As a villian though, he has to be the most feared. Virtually impossible to kill (if I recall, only piercing the back of his neck could kill him), and the ability to shape shift, which wasn't only taking another form like Mystique, but the ability to form any weapons or shield he needed. Pretty sure he was telepathic as well.

Definitely the nastiest of the nasty.
  • Thanos, proxima

I guess the profile picture should've given it away there :)
  • ESFESF Posts: 1,944 ★★★★★
    Don't laugh, because I recognize that his isn't the smartest or best, but I've always had a soft spot for...Crusher Creel, the Absorbing Man. I always, repeat ALWAYS, laughed as a kid when he would throw that ball-and-chain at somebody and knock them on their rear ends.

I won't lie, as well: I pretty much loved Thanos from Day 1. His appearances in the 1980s were solid gold. He got a little nastier in the modern era which I didn't always like -- he is more impersonal as a villain when written well, I feel -- but he's still the villain who, when written well, I will always enjoy