Uncollected chapter 1 final boss emma totally ridiculous.

2456

Comments

  • TehsigzorzTehsigzorz Posts: 1,239 ★★★★
    Shes actually pretty and this is coming from someone who spent multiple team revives the first time she came into the contest. Practice her sp1 and spam heavies when she gets into her defense form.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 5,217 ★★★★★
    Tehsigzorz wrote: »
    Shes actually pretty and this is coming from someone who spent multiple team revives the first time she came into the contest. Practice her sp1 and spam heavies when she gets into her defense form.

    Yeah. She's really pretty. That new profile pic of her that was released... Wow...
  • TacoScottyTacoScotty Posts: 407 ★★
    My guess is people are still struggling with oscillation node and the amount of attack it gives when fury is active and how that in combo with other items can be rough. I had no issues dispatching her but personally not a fan of node when pops up with champions already noded with high attack or champions like Hyperion who will go defensive and just gain a ton of power (trials of alchemist issue... though that also had brawl node as well). Just feels like a cheap gimmick to give stupidly high attack in certain spots - the 300% or whatever fury should be more like 100%

  • ThebgjThebgj Posts: 592 ★★
    The only thing I didn’t like, was when I used quake, she would till attack me while under her armor and me holding a heavy
  • SDPSDP Posts: 1,607 ★★★★
    edited February 2019
    Did I miss something? It’s just Emma. Fought her exactly like I always do. And there’s been a lot of her around lately. Bait special 1, punish, repeat. Walked through her easy first try. The UC Emma a while back was like 20x harder.

    You just need to practice.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 25,278 ★★★★★
    Dshu wrote: »
    @GroundedWisdom while I don't disagree with your point on minimizing others feedback. I do disagree with the goalpost movement being too quick. Its epic difficulty its supposed to be a challenge and not everyone will be able to overcome that challenge. There is nothing wrong with trying and failing. I think the core problem with epic is that everyone who has access to it believe they should be able to beat it. The challenge and struggle are part of the development of skills in this game. People can watch YouTube and see someone like seatin blow through it but do they consider the fact that he is using pots without concern because he is funded. Do people consider the level and depth of his roster also because he is funded. Yes he has some skill but he plays a lot and has a lot of champs to choose from to beat content. Not calling out seatin just using him because he is highly watched for an example. People steamrolling every epic have honed their skills against the nodes and champs we are encountering. Epic is there to be a challenge and defeating epic should give people a sense of accomplishment. Failing against epic should give you motivation to improve your skills rather than jumping on the forum saying it's too hard or unfair. Rather than people creating these threads they should be asking for advice and alternatives for how to fight these champs. Ask for duel options to learn to evade these champs. Nothing short of variant cant be beat with practice and the correct counter champs. Variant has a few fights that are pure resource pits but that was how it was designed. Moving the goalposts and making content harder keeps the game from becoming stagnant.

    No, I don't debate the concept of pushing forward. What is the issue for me is the rate it's happening within Difficulties that are preset. The whole point of having, say Uncollected as opposed to Master, is so that people know what they're getting into. It's Uncollected, it's supposed to be as challenging as Uncollected is supposed to be. Not continuously increasing.
  • DshuDshu Posts: 1,340 ★★★★
    Dshu wrote: »
    @GroundedWisdom while I don't disagree with your point on minimizing others feedback. I do disagree with the goalpost movement being too quick. Its epic difficulty its supposed to be a challenge and not everyone will be able to overcome that challenge. There is nothing wrong with trying and failing. I think the core problem with epic is that everyone who has access to it believe they should be able to beat it. The challenge and struggle are part of the development of skills in this game. People can watch YouTube and see someone like seatin blow through it but do they consider the fact that he is using pots without concern because he is funded. Do people consider the level and depth of his roster also because he is funded. Yes he has some skill but he plays a lot and has a lot of champs to choose from to beat content. Not calling out seatin just using him because he is highly watched for an example. People steamrolling every epic have honed their skills against the nodes and champs we are encountering. Epic is there to be a challenge and defeating epic should give people a sense of accomplishment. Failing against epic should give you motivation to improve your skills rather than jumping on the forum saying it's too hard or unfair. Rather than people creating these threads they should be asking for advice and alternatives for how to fight these champs. Ask for duel options to learn to evade these champs. Nothing short of variant cant be beat with practice and the correct counter champs. Variant has a few fights that are pure resource pits but that was how it was designed. Moving the goalposts and making content harder keeps the game from becoming stagnant.

    No, I don't debate the concept of pushing forward. What is the issue for me is the rate it's happening within Difficulties that are preset. The whole point of having, say Uncollected as opposed to Master, is so that people know what they're getting into. It's Uncollected, it's supposed to be as challenging as Uncollected is supposed to be. Not continuously increasing.

    But if the difficulty didn't increase with the new champs that are being released we would be using auto fight on it in a matter of months. I will agree that the last 2 eq scaled up master a bit too much from heroic but I think the difficulty in uncollected is scaling at the correct pace for the development of players profiles
  • DshuDshu Posts: 1,340 ★★★★
    Dshu wrote: »
    Dshu wrote: »
    @GroundedWisdom while I don't disagree with your point on minimizing others feedback. I do disagree with the goalpost movement being too quick. Its epic difficulty its supposed to be a challenge and not everyone will be able to overcome that challenge. There is nothing wrong with trying and failing. I think the core problem with epic is that everyone who has access to it believe they should be able to beat it. The challenge and struggle are part of the development of skills in this game. People can watch YouTube and see someone like seatin blow through it but do they consider the fact that he is using pots without concern because he is funded. Do people consider the level and depth of his roster also because he is funded. Yes he has some skill but he plays a lot and has a lot of champs to choose from to beat content. Not calling out seatin just using him because he is highly watched for an example. People steamrolling every epic have honed their skills against the nodes and champs we are encountering. Epic is there to be a challenge and defeating epic should give people a sense of accomplishment. Failing against epic should give you motivation to improve your skills rather than jumping on the forum saying it's too hard or unfair. Rather than people creating these threads they should be asking for advice and alternatives for how to fight these champs. Ask for duel options to learn to evade these champs. Nothing short of variant cant be beat with practice and the correct counter champs. Variant has a few fights that are pure resource pits but that was how it was designed. Moving the goalposts and making content harder keeps the game from becoming stagnant.

    No, I don't debate the concept of pushing forward. What is the issue for me is the rate it's happening within Difficulties that are preset. The whole point of having, say Uncollected as opposed to Master, is so that people know what they're getting into. It's Uncollected, it's supposed to be as challenging as Uncollected is supposed to be. Not continuously increasing.

    But if the difficulty didn't increase with the new champs that are being released we would be using auto fight on it in a matter of months. I will agree that the last 2 eq scaled up master a bit too much from heroic but I think the difficulty in uncollected is scaling at the correct pace for the development of players profiles

    If the difficulty was the new Champs for the most part and not knowing how to overcome them yet, that would be different. It gets overboard with the combination of Nodes and strength of the Rarities. With the new Champs coming out that have unique Abilities we're still adjusting to, adding too many challenges on top of it becomes more brick wall than challenge. Again, I'm not arguing against a challenge in general, I'm saying it becomes overkill. I wish there were more testing towards the experience of it for a range of growth points. However, we have everyone from newly-Uncollected to End-Game all aiming for the same Difficulty and it's becoming harder for many, while those that don't have much of a problem with anything don't see it as a problem. Am I making sense?

    Like you say we have a large range of players going into uncollected eq. When people are finishing it in a few hours after its release and a large percentage finishing it in under a week of its release I'd say the ramp in difficulty isn't has drastic as you believe. Yes it can get frustrating when you hit the skill ability wall to clear content without using resources but that makes overcoming it that much sweeter. If you are spending a fortune (not saying you specifically but people in general) you may want to consider your content you are attempting or the choices in champs you are ranking. I'm looking forward to the release of more champs like sinister and the end of corvus glave brag posts. I've walked through a lot of uncollected content but I've also had to stop and reevaluate my team choices and in some cases dip into 2 and 3* champs to complete content. We as a community should be welcoming more difficult content that forces us to look at alternative ways to overcome it. The one exception I will say about the difficulty content was aegon who punished players if he wasn't killed in the first or second attempt
  • DerFDerF Posts: 7
    I used a 4* maxed out stark spidey on her. He did 80% of the job, rest was finished by luke cage who is r3 5*. Uncollected is not meant for rank 4 4*, if you try it but don't have the skill then you are gonna suffer
  • dot_dittodot_ditto Posts: 1,100 ★★★
    15ims wrote: »
    Unblock sp 1 so hard for chapter 1 uncoll. And regen too. Unusually final boss for chapter 1.

    don't do it then

    I absolutely have to agree with this .. LOL

    I'm not uncollected yet, so certainly can't "complain" about UC ... but seriously ... there's absolutely 0 justification to complain about UC, IMHO ... some (emphasis: "some") of the complaints about master are a good source for discussion ... (not saying they're totally justified or not) .. but certainly worth discussing ... but complaining about UC? uh .. no ... sorry ... that makes no sense ... LOL
  • HoliolioHoliolio Posts: 19
    Any time I start to feel like I'm getting better at this game I can always count on the forums to bring me back down and remind me how much I suck! LOL
  • HoliolioHoliolio Posts: 19
    Like evading her SP1 hasn't crossed everyone's minds. Trust me. I have tried many times to evade it. Just cannot get the timing quite right.
  • HoliolioHoliolio Posts: 19
    I've got a whole month to get running though. AFTER I have completed matter and heroic.
  • HoliolioHoliolio Posts: 19
    Haha. Master.
  • JRock808JRock808 Posts: 1,149 ★★★★
    Increasing difficulty should be done by adding new difficulty levels. All of them up to uncollected are static, targeted at people at a certain point of progression. That point doesnt really change just because new champs are released, new stars/ranks are added to the game,, etc. Beginner is for new players, it doesn't get harder because beginners progress, as new beginners come in to the game each month. This applies all the way up and should apply to uncollected, as getting uncollected shows you are at a certain point of progression. Making its difficulty scale to 100% labyrinth clear difficulty would clearly put it out of reach for most players.

    Act 6 and Uncontested will likely bring a new difficulty for that.

    Uncollected tends to be a free for all rollercoaster... but it's mainly due to the complete lack of testing performance (Darkhawk), node interactions and the effects of 10k base attack on things like awakened abilities (ice Phoenix, iceman and dorm in the trials, etc.)

    Champs are often the same star/rank/level in each quest from month to month and I'm sure they have some pool of nodes with a scoring system and they are all within certain parameters, but actually playing it a few times with various roster limitations would be a huge boon to the community.

    That said, this month seems pretty average in difficulty overall.
  • DarthPhalDarthPhal Posts: 1,064 ★★★★
    You get a month to learn how to evade Emma’s sp1. There are some good tube videos on it.

    rdgjfpx10tvm.jpeg

  • Austin555555Austin555555 Posts: 2,633 ★★★★★
    15ims wrote: »
    Unblock sp 1 so hard for chapter 1 uncoll. And regen too. Unusually final boss for chapter 1.

    If you can’t deal with the uncollected nodes, then don’t do it. Simple as that.
  • Helicopter_dugdugdugHelicopter_dugdugdug Posts: 555 ★★★
    The beginner difficulty calls
  • Austin555555Austin555555 Posts: 2,633 ★★★★★
    Emma using her SP1 should not be a problem. Unless you don’t use dexterity. But she is decently easy to take out
  • Marri_2Marri_2 Posts: 577 ★★★
    Although I don't like this Emma because she is just annoying (fight takes too long, too much waiting out) because of the node combinations, I didn't use anh revives and that means it must not be too hard.

    No, I don't have R5 5*, only 4 r4s, still haven't explored A5, haven't touched Variant, not even tried Lab, so by no means am I an endgame player.
  • DshuDshu Posts: 1,340 ★★★★
    @Holiolio here is a practice emma to help you get her special timing downom9miha2dxfr.jpg
  • ẞlооdẞlооd Posts: 1,719 ★★★★
    edited February 2019
    a9efsxoewa7b.png

    I did exploration now with the top squad you see here (Minus Ægon) and it was more challenging than most Chapter 1 bosses I've seen, but still nothing crazy. Used one L2 revive on the first run.

    Most people are struggling with the SP1 evade and fury damage. So, just practice evading her SP and baiting heavies. She'll only attack you and throw her specials while she's in fury mode, so pay attention to that. When she's in defensive mode she won't do anything but curl up into a ball and cry, so you can heavy her there. I would keep her under two bars of power though.
  • Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 1,772 ★★★★
    Why are we complaining about this? Lol this UC was easy. Spent 2 total revives and 1 was me watching tv lol. First one was getting used to Havok and his plasma.
  • EvilEmpireEvilEmpire Posts: 639 ★★★
    She’s legit got the most ABC special other than it being inverted. Free opening every time. Just practice duels it will become easier if you practice a bit.
  • doctorbdoctorb Posts: 835 ★★★
    I see the same advice over and over and over and...practice. truth is it's hard to practice when u have to wait hours for ur energy to fill up, try to make it to the final boss with some semblance of ur roster intact, and God forbid u make 1 mistake, then its game over and wait for several more hours for ur energy to fill up again. Either that or use money to buy units.

    I'm all for practicing. Truth is I would love to be able to practice and better myself each month. I proposed something a while back which I dont think kabam cares for so I'll try it again.

    Maybe each month, do a special arena where u get to fight the bosses only. You choose which one and level of difficulty (normal, heroic, master, epic) with all the same buffs / debuffs as u would encounter in the EQ.

    Curious as to ppl's opinion on this.
Sign In or Register to comment.