**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Combat Clash Chapter 2... it's a shame. **A Late But Necessary Rant**

I scowled at this one from the onset after watching some of the best MCOC players I know play chapter 2 and incinerate their potion stash like it was nothing. The catch here is that they were end game players who had the luxury of overflowing stashes waiting to be burned in content that gave them rewards they didn't desperately need.
That's the disconnect here.
Kabam creates content for people who have the right champs (Corvus, Hype, Blade, Ghost etc) at maximum 5*/6* ranks with overflowing resources at their disposal and very little need for the rewards except making already OP rosters even more so.
The inability to complete the chapter one lane at a time makes very little sense considering it doesn't decrease the level of difficulty AT ALL (You would still burn through your revives/potion/units/wallet)
All it would do is minimally increase the chances of your above average summoner completing the chapter and acquiring rare resources they truely need.

A surprise, month long event with an unnecessary mechanic that seems to be geared specifically towards those with the right champs or deep pockets is a shame. That means difficulty is not a primary factor anymore.
Would allowing summoners to complete Chapter 2 one lane at a time really affect the amount of $$$ Kabam brings in? I don't think so.
That opportunity would actually attract a larger demographic than just the elite in trying their luck and probably spending heavily considering the level of difficulty therein.

I hope Kabam rethink this decision with the next event similar to this one.
Rant over... whoooosaaaaaa!

Comments

• SknZnSknZn Posts: 442 ★★★

I scowled at this one from the onset after watching some of the best MCOC players I know play chapter 2 and incinerate their potion stash like it was nothing. The catch here is that they were end game players who had the luxury of overflowing stashes waiting to be burned in content that gave them rewards they didn't desperately need.
    That's the disconnect here.
    Kabam creates content for people who have the right champs (Corvus, Hype, Blade, Ghost etc) at maximum 5*/6* ranks with overflowing resources at their disposal and very little need for the rewards except making already OP rosters even more so.
    The inability to complete the chapter one lane at a time makes very little sense considering it doesn't decrease the level of difficulty AT ALL (You would still burn through your revives/potion/units/wallet)
    All it would do is minimally increase the chances of your above average summoner completing the chapter and acquiring rare resources they truely need.

A surprise, month long event with an unnecessary mechanic that seems to be geared specifically towards those with the right champs or deep pockets is a shame. That means difficulty is not a primary factor anymore.
    Would allowing summoners to complete Chapter 2 one lane at a time really affect the amount of $$$ Kabam brings in? I don't think so.
    That opportunity would actually attract a larger demographic than just the elite in trying their luck and probably spending heavily considering the level of difficulty therein.

I hope Kabam rethink this decision with the next event similar to this one.
    Rant over... whoooosaaaaaa!

That’s a good joke.. Mate
  • BLEEDlNG_DGEBLEEDlNG_DGE Posts: 324 ★★
    edited March 2019
    John757 said:

The event was meant for not everyone to be able to do it. And ranting is against the rules.

I know the event wasn't for everyone to do. The 6*, heavily noded champs made that very clear. My issue is preventing summoners from doing it one lane at a time. The event is already difficult to begin with and I don't have a problem with that.
    It wouldn't be less difficult if they removed that idiotic rule.
  • DshuDshu Posts: 1,503 ★★★★
    Actually it would be more difficult if you didn't have the champs you did it with 4* champs which I did. Corvus needs the boost to his glave charges from the first lane to have a chance of doing the later lanes. I used a team of 4*s and some revives I had in inventory (6 at the time) plus about 400 units. It was a challenge but completely doable with the right skill. I used 1 6* champ (angela) for synergy reasons with hela hemdall and domino 4*s and the above mentioned corvus. My champs were rank 5 4* domino rank 5 4* corvus. rank 1 6* Angela. Rank 1 4* Hemdall and rank 3 4* hela. Only hela and corvus were duped and although the nodes seemed hard at first after a few days of practice on lane 1 of chapter 2 it was actually pretty fun. The only real problem was iwim if your game lagged. Has stated above it was a challenge designed to test your skills and wasn't meant to be completed by everyone. For the rewards it was well worth the units which I grinded from arena anyway. My advice is don't get frustrated by these events everything in this game takes time to learn and adapt to. Yes I will agree that guys with rank 4 or 5 5* ghost or corvus or even 6* versions of these champs probably had it easier but it still takes skills to complete this even with those champs. Don't worry about failure it's the only way to learn to succeed
  • NOOOOOOOOPEEEEENOOOOOOOOPEEEEE Posts: 2,803 ★★★★★

Point well said though, Kabam is ever having to create higher content (Act 6, 7, etc. and AQ Map 7, 8, 9...) and I’m sure that 7* heroes are already in the works too, because each successive higher content only goes to feed the exponential separation of those elite at the top compared to even other long-playing people with what otherwise would still be considered good rosters.

Take monthly LEGENDS runs, I’d venture to say that maybe 90% of the people getting it each successive month are the same people as the previous month. So much so that everyone else just knows they don’t have a shot, and never try. Doesn’t matter your skill, only comes down to how much damage per hit your hero can do, and how fast your device can load a fight. So it’s basically just more FREE stuff for a select few, who (as pointed out) DON'T NEED IT, and really isn’t any sense of accomplishment anymore by those who get Legends each month.

Lol what they've confirmed they haven't even talking about 7*s we can't even take 6*s past r2 why would they be worried about 7 stars.
  • Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★

If this is true, then why ask for the change to be made? Isn't your point that you want to make the challenge less difficult so more people can finish and get the rewards?

Of course allowing this challenge to be done one lane at a time would make this challenge less difficult. To say otherwise is just silly.
  • SDPSDP Posts: 1,622 ★★★★

Drooped2 said:

It's odd you saw the best players you know blow stashes. I spent 200 units total and didnt have a stash.

Its called planning I watched a few of lagacys vids and decided a team and cruised

You cruised because you probably had the luxury of a wide roster & units. You probably didn't even need those rewards. Hell, you probably could have still gone through that chapter in one sweep and that's where my issue lies.
    The "do it in one go" rule is unnecessary.
    It didn't make the content more difficult more than it made it exclusive.
    If you farm pots and save revives it’s the same. Some people prepare better, and put in the farming work.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    So what you’re saying, OP, is that Kabam should create content that end game players cannot do but middle tier players can with rewards that are suitable for end game players because “the end game players don’t need them”?

Please give an example of how that can be done.

Also, having Chapter 2 needed to be done in one seating separates those that CAN do it, apart from those that just wanna try their luck. Having Chapter 2 needed to be done in one seating is a good decision.
    edited March 2019

If this is true, then why ask for the change to be made? Isn't your point that you want to make the challenge less difficult so more people can finish and get the rewards?

Of course allowing this challenge to be done one lane at a time would make this challenge less difficult. To say otherwise is just silly.
    Would removing that rule make it easier to go through that IMIW? Or Rogue? Or BW? No it wouldn't. You still need the same amount of skill to beat those champs.
    Would it increase your chances of beating them. Most definitely.
    That's my point.
    edited March 2019
    If you farm pots and save revives it’s the same. Some people prepare better, and put in the farming work.

Fair point.
  • ẞlооdẞlооd Posts: 2,005 ★★★★
    Drooped2 said:

It's odd you saw the best players you know blow stashes. I spent 200 units total and didnt have a stash.

Its called planning I watched a few of lagacys vids and decided a team and cruised

Who'd you end up getting the win with?
    @Drooped2
    Would removing that rule make it easier to go through that IMIW? Or Rogue? Or BW? No it wouldn't. You still need the same amount of skill to beat those champs.
    Would it increase your chances of beating them. Most definitely.
    That's my point.

Its end game content END GAME they shouodnt create an easy way to beat it for non end game players

So you're saying if they remove that rule it's no longer end game content? 6* Defenders that are above 30k PI with an Aspect of War global node (I think) and individual nodes is not end game content?
  • PikoluPikolu Posts: 6,484 Guardian
    If they made it so you could do one lane at a time, then I could have beaten this with 0 revives. IMIW is easy with my r4 5* void with the avengers synergy, used my 6* r1 yondu for rogue, and 4* AA for BW, then my r4 5* venom could eat everyone else at will. It was necessary for kabam to make you do it in one shot because otherwise, mid-end game players like me get those t5 basic shards at literally no cost.
    Pikolu said:

If they made it so you could do one lane at a time, then I could have beaten this with 0 revives. IMIW is easy with my r4 5* void with the avengers synergy, used my 6* r1 yondu for rogue, and 4* AA for BW, then my r4 5* venom could eat everyone else at will. It was necessary for kabam to make you do it in one shot because otherwise, mid-end game players like me get those t5 basic shards at literally no cost.

What's wrong with mid-end game players getting those rewards? (People that really need those rewards)
    Didn't end game players get those rewards at "no cost"?
  • SungjSungj Posts: 2,111 ★★★★★

Yes, it would, it would be a cakewalk if they removed that rule, if it wouldn't be less difficult why do you want it removed. The point of this challenge is to test your roster and skill, doing the quest one lane at a time defeats the purpose of both.
  • MaatManMaatMan Posts: 958 ★★★
    Wat if you could do lane A and then jump to the boss for completion rewards.
    But only lane a has a boss teleport.
    So to get exploration you must do b-f in one sitting.

Still means only end game players get the exploration and rewards, but others can still do one run.
    I only suggest this as i feel there are alot of players who are in the catagory where the did chpt 1 no worries but full exploration is on chpt 2 is tooooo hard.
    Alot could benifit from this.
    I feel it would be a good way to satisfy everyone.
  • AkhilxcxAkhilxcx Posts: 255 ★★
    MaatMan said:

Wat if you could do lane A and then jump to the boss for completion rewards.
    But only lane a has a boss teleport.
    So to get exploration you must do b-f in one sitting.

Still means only end game players get the exploration and rewards, but others can still do one run.
    I only suggest this as i feel there are alot of players who are in the catagory where the did chpt 1 no worries but full exploration is on chpt 2 is tooooo hard.
    Alot could benifit from this.
    I feel it would be a good way to satisfy everyone.

no it would still be easy for these so called end game players and it would hurt their feelings if a few mid tier players get completion rewards.
  • DshuDshu Posts: 1,503 ★★★★
    Akhilxcx said:

Pikolu said:

What's wrong with mid-end game players getting those rewards? (People that really need those rewards)
    Didn't end game players get those rewards at "no cost"?
    don't try to even bother to explain anything to these guys who just come and try to defend kabam at any costs.i guess you made a really great point about chapter 2 being less of a nuisance than it already is by making it path by path. for all the idiots here when even the endgame content players are complaining about these events who are you to say otherwise. plus why can't mid tier people get an event that's exclusive for them if think only end game players should get exclusive content. what kind of balance it is when endgame players are getting reward to progress way more faster and mid tier people struggle for difficult content every month
    Kabam offers a lot of content for mid game players it's called act 5 labyrinth of legends and uncollected difficulty. These boss rush challenges are designed to push your skill level. Has previous posters have said it can be done with resources farmed in game and planning. if you want free rewards you can attain from auto fighting you have heroic and below difficulty. your argument that there needs to be content for mid level players with the same rewards as end game players is the same has new players arguing that they cant get the same rewards as uncollected players. It's a game of skill and resource management. You don't need rank 5 5*s and 6* God tier champs to complete this challenge. It can be done with 4*s if you farm the resources and have the skills. It's a challenge and if you aren't up to the challenge there is no penalty for failing it just means you need to farm more resources or up your skill game to meet it. Even the endgame players are using resources to get through it. It may not be has many resources due to their deeper rosters but it isn't something they are getting for free. What fun would this game be if there was no challenge to the content. the day this game turns every quest and event into gwenpool goes to the movies is going to be the day they turn off the servers for good. The forum is full of posts begging for balance because guys are cheating at matchmaking or using bots. This type of content is that balance. Many will try but few will succeed.
This discussion has been closed.