**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Gather Intel in Nick Fury's Recon Initiatives

Comments

• Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    I guess my Blade, Voodoo, Hela and Angela are all sitting on the bench this month...
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★

Libatard said:

So let’s say you had bad RNG when it comes to Spider verse champs and you have none. Does that mean you can’t even participate in that week. Fun and interactive Kabam at its best.

What about the people who don't have the RNG luck to pull a Corvus? Also, they say in the release that there are ways to get the champs.

"For those of you that may need to expand your roster, special Crystals containing Champions that can enter these Quests will be available each week of the Event. Yes, that includes unreleased 2 Star Version of some of these Champions!"
    Hmm something tells me that similar to the GP event, you basically will have to spend a ton of units for the chance at one of these champs. Glorified PHC basically.
  • Spurgeon14Spurgeon14 Posts: 1,665 ★★★★

Alexg85 said:

Man I hate this company. You make a requirement of Robots and Mercenary for the most difficult mission. What's the point of pulling good champs these days if we can't even use them?

What makes you think that will be the most difficult? In the Gwenpool event, there was little difficulty increase by week, if any.
    They said in the initial message it would be much harder then the Gwenpool goes to the movies event.
  • ThatGrootGrootThatGrootGroot Posts: 427 ★★
    V1PER1987 said:

Libatard said:

So let’s say you had bad RNG when it comes to Spider verse champs and you have none. Does that mean you can’t even participate in that week. Fun and interactive Kabam at its best.

What about the people who don't have the RNG luck to pull a Corvus? Also, they say in the release that there are ways to get the champs.

"For those of you that may need to expand your roster, special Crystals containing Champions that can enter these Quests will be available each week of the Event. Yes, that includes unreleased 2 Star Version of some of these Champions!"
    Hmm something tells me that similar to the GP event, you basically will have to spend a ton of units for the chance at one of these champs. Glorified PHC basically.
    I must have been lucky in GP. I didn't spend any units and got the few missing champs I needed early in the process.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian
    DrZola said:

DrZola said:

“Classic” CM...

...doesn’t fall under Avengers and Guardians of the Galaxy, nor is she X-Men and X-Force, nor Spider-verse Heroes, Sinister Six, and Symbiote, nor Mercenaries and Robots.

Should I file this under the heading of “Significant Oversight”?

Dr. Zola

Because she is none of those things.
    Right. She’s just a supporting character in the Nick Fury movie coming out this month. Got it.

Dr. Zola
    I thought the supporting character in the Nick Fury movie coming out soon was Spiderman.
  • CrkwestCrkwest Posts: 384 ★★★

Crkwest said:

RIP ghost rider and red hulk

What?
    Can't use them, they haven't got any of the tags

V1PER1987 said:

Libatard said:

I must have been lucky in GP. I didn't spend any units and got the few missing champs I needed early in the process.
    Yes but GP you only needed one 2* champ to open a gate and could have 4 high powered champs. Here you can only use the required champs, not just bring one for entry so it’s slightly different. For Epic difficulty you will need 5 fairly strong champs with those tags and I doubt Kabam is just handing those out from versus crystals.
    Crkwest said:

Crkwest said:

RIP ghost rider and red hulk

What?
    Can't use them, they haven't got any of the tags
    So, because you can't use them in this specific request for the month...RIP. Don't want to use them in EQ? AQ? AW?
    V1PER1987 said:

V1PER1987 said:

Libatard said:

Yes but GP you only needed one 2* champ to open a gate and could have 4 high powered champs. Here you can only use the required champs, not just bring one for entry so it’s slightly different. For Epic difficulty you will need 5 fairly strong champs with those tags and I doubt Kabam is just handing those out from versus crystals.
    Got it. Makes sense!
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    The only potential problem I see with this event is that the majority of champs are complete trash and not worth ranking. You almost have to have the 1-2 specific god-tier champs in each weeks pool to even have a chance at 100%.
  • Osfan8Osfan8 Posts: 760 ★★★

This is a genius way to get people to rank up champs they would normally not have ranked up. Also nice that the announcement coincides with cat bundles offers that also came out today...

I'm not sure today's catalyst deals will help you much with the hardest paths, assuming that they are similar to Epic difficulty as stated.
    Werewrym said:

The only potential problem I see with this event is that the majority of champs are complete trash and not worth ranking. You almost have to have the 1-2 specific god-tier champs in each weeks pool to even have a chance at 100%.

Err, I'm looking at the list, and that doesn't seem to be true. Week one has CapIW, Hulk, Hulk Ragnarok, IMIW, Star Lord, Thor, and Vision. Those are all very good champs. And Black Widow, Hawkeye and (potentially with upcoming buffs) Gamora are potentially worth ranking up as well, and while Scarlet Witch is only currently available as 4*, she's also worth ranking up to 5/50 in general.

Week two has Archangel, Domino, Emma Frost, Havok, Iceman, Magik, Rogue, and X-23 available as 5* (Wolverine is also in there currently only as 4*). Week four has Domino, Gwenpool, Luke Cage, Nebula, Sabertooth, Sentinel, Vision, and Yondu all available as 5* and worth ranking up. I'd stick Elektra in there myself.

It is really only the small pool in week three that might be problematic for some, and even it isn't too bad. I'd say Sparky, Symbiote Supreme, Venom the Duck, and Venom are definitely worth ranking up, and Carnage, Doc Oc, and Spider-gwen are arguably so.
  • BowTieJohnBowTieJohn Posts: 2,360 ★★★★
    I'm looking forward to this event. It sounds fun!
  • disgruntleddisgruntled Posts: 7

V1PER1987 said:

Alexg85 said:

Man I hate this company. You make a requirement of Robots and Mercenary for the most difficult mission. What's the point of pulling good champs these days if we can't even use them?

The war on Blade continues. He can't be used for this event. Corvus either. This is what will happen in Act 6 too I suspect

Funny because you can still use these champs in story, EQ, AW, AQ, arena, etc. it’s just one side quest. How dare they provide a challenge you can’t steamroll with the same champs.
    Thanks for your unnecessarily rude and snarky response sunshine :smiley: It just seems to be a lazy way to get around designing content. But enjoy.
    Could be said that you wanting to use Corvus and Blade in everything is a "lazy way" to want to play a game though.

I for one welcome a move away from the blade, corvus, void meta. Now if kabam makes it impossible to do this with 3/45 and 5/50 champs altogether regardless of skill, that would be a bad move I admit.
  • BowTieJohnBowTieJohn Posts: 2,360 ★★★★
    DrZola said:

anyone feeling very kind and wants to make a list of champs with these tags? 😅

I can do that. Here's week 1:

AGENT VENOM
    ANT-MAN
    BLACK PANTHER
    BLACK PANTHER (CIVIL WAR)
    BLACK WIDOW
    CAPTAIN AMERICA
    CAPTAIN AMERICA (INFINITY WAR)
    DRAX
    FALCON
    GAMORA
    GROOT
    HAWKEYE
    HULK
    HULK (RAGNAROK)
    IRON MAN
    IRON MAN (INFINITY WAR)
    ROCKET RACCOON
    SCARLET WITCH
    STAR-LORD
    THOR
    THOR (RAGNAROK)
    VISION
    VISION (AGE OF ULTRON)

Here's week 2:

ARCHANGEL
    BEAST
    BISHOP
    CABLE
    COLOSSUS
    CYCLOPS (BLUE TEAM)
    CYCLOPS (NEW XAVIER SCHOOL)
    DEADPOOL
    DEADPOOL (X-FORCE)
    DOMINO
    EMMA FROST
    GAMBIT
    HAVOK
    ICEMAN
    MAGIK
    MAGNETO
    MAGNETO (MARVEL NOW!)
    NIGHTCRAWLER
    OLD MAN LOGAN
    PHOENIX
    PSYLOCKE
    ROGUE
    STORM
    UNSTOPPABLE COLOSSUS
    WOLVERINE
    WOLVERINE (X-23)

Here's Week 3 (This one is the smallest Pool):

AGENT VENOM
    CARNAGE
    DOCTOR OCTOPUS
    ELECTRO
    GREEN GOBLIN
    IRON PATRIOT
    RHINO
    SPIDER-GWEN
    SPIDER-MAN (CLASSIC)
    SPIDER-MAN (MILES MORALES)
    SPIDER-MAN (STARK ENHANCED)
    SPIDER-MAN (SYMBIOTE)
    SYMBIOTE SUPREME
    VENOM
    VENOM THE DUCK
    VENOMPOOL

And finally, Week 4:

BLACK WIDOW
    DARKHAWK
    DEADPOOL
    DEADPOOL (X-FORCE)
    DOMINO
    ELEKTRA
    GOLDPOOL
    GWENPOOL
    KARNAK
    LUKE CAGE
    MASACRE
    MOON KNIGHT
    NEBULA
    SABRETOOTH
    SENTINEL
    TASKMASTER
    ULTRON
    ULTRON (CLASSIC)
    VISION
    VISION (AGE OF ULTRON)
    WINTER SOLDIER
    YONDU
    How come Vulture is not included with the Spider-verse, Siniser Six group?
    He and Kingpin are on vacation together this month.

Dr. Zola
    Maybe the Kingpin is taking him to help with Daredevil, Luke Cage, and Iron Fist in Hell's Kitchen.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,479 ★★★★★
    edited March 2019

DrZola said:

AGENT VENOM
    ANT-MAN
    BLACK PANTHER
    BLACK WIDOW
    CAPTAIN AMERICA
    DRAX
    FALCON
    GAMORA
    GROOT
    HAWKEYE
    HULK
    HULK (RAGNAROK)
    IRON MAN
    IRON MAN (INFINITY WAR)
    ROCKET RACCOON
    SCARLET WITCH
    STAR-LORD
    THOR
    THOR (RAGNAROK)
    VISION
    VISION (AGE OF ULTRON)

Here's week 2:

ARCHANGEL
    BEAST
    BISHOP
    CABLE
    COLOSSUS
    CYCLOPS (BLUE TEAM)
    DEADPOOL
    DEADPOOL (X-FORCE)
    DOMINO
    EMMA FROST
    GAMBIT
    HAVOK
    ICEMAN
    MAGIK
    MAGNETO
    MAGNETO (MARVEL NOW!)
    NIGHTCRAWLER
    OLD MAN LOGAN
    PHOENIX
    PSYLOCKE
    ROGUE
    STORM
    UNSTOPPABLE COLOSSUS
    WOLVERINE
    WOLVERINE (X-23)

AGENT VENOM
    CARNAGE
    DOCTOR OCTOPUS
    ELECTRO
    GREEN GOBLIN
    IRON PATRIOT
    RHINO
    SPIDER-GWEN
    SPIDER-MAN (CLASSIC)
    SPIDER-MAN (SYMBIOTE)
    SYMBIOTE SUPREME
    VENOM
    VENOM THE DUCK
    VENOMPOOL

And finally, Week 4:

BLACK WIDOW
    DARKHAWK
    DEADPOOL
    DEADPOOL (X-FORCE)
    DOMINO
    ELEKTRA
    GOLDPOOL
    GWENPOOL
    KARNAK
    LUKE CAGE
    MASACRE
    MOON KNIGHT
    NEBULA
    SABRETOOTH
    SENTINEL
    TASKMASTER
    ULTRON
    ULTRON (CLASSIC)
    VISION
    VISION (AGE OF ULTRON)
    WINTER SOLDIER
    YONDU
    He and Kingpin are on vacation together this month.

Dr. Zola
    Maybe the Kingpin is taking him to help with Daredevil, Luke Cage, and Iron Fist in Hell's Kitchen.
    Well, they can give Classic CM a call if they need help because she’s got time on her hands.

Cage, however, may be mercenary enough to jump into Nick’s event.

Dr. Zola

AGENT VENOM
    ANT-MAN
    BLACK PANTHER
    BLACK WIDOW
    CAPTAIN AMERICA
    DRAX
    FALCON
    GAMORA
    GROOT
    HAWKEYE
    HULK
    HULK (RAGNAROK)
    IRON MAN
    IRON MAN (INFINITY WAR)
    ROCKET RACCOON
    SCARLET WITCH
    STAR-LORD
    THOR
    THOR (RAGNAROK)
    VISION
    VISION (AGE OF ULTRON)

Here's week 2:

ARCHANGEL
    BEAST
    BISHOP
    CABLE
    COLOSSUS
    CYCLOPS (BLUE TEAM)
    DEADPOOL
    DEADPOOL (X-FORCE)
    DOMINO
    EMMA FROST
    GAMBIT
    HAVOK
    ICEMAN
    MAGIK
    MAGNETO
    MAGNETO (MARVEL NOW!)
    NIGHTCRAWLER
    OLD MAN LOGAN
    PHOENIX
    PSYLOCKE
    ROGUE
    STORM
    UNSTOPPABLE COLOSSUS
    WOLVERINE
    WOLVERINE (X-23)

AGENT VENOM
    CARNAGE
    DOCTOR OCTOPUS
    ELECTRO
    GREEN GOBLIN
    IRON PATRIOT
    RHINO
    SPIDER-GWEN
    SPIDER-MAN (CLASSIC)
    SPIDER-MAN (SYMBIOTE)
    SYMBIOTE SUPREME
    VENOM
    VENOM THE DUCK
    VENOMPOOL

And finally, Week 4:

BLACK WIDOW
    DARKHAWK
    DEADPOOL
    DEADPOOL (X-FORCE)
    DOMINO
    ELEKTRA
    GOLDPOOL
    GWENPOOL
    KARNAK
    LUKE CAGE
    MASACRE
    MOON KNIGHT
    NEBULA
    SABRETOOTH
    SENTINEL
    TASKMASTER
    ULTRON
    ULTRON (CLASSIC)
    VISION
    VISION (AGE OF ULTRON)
    WINTER SOLDIER
    YONDU
    I was wondering the same about Stark Enhanced Spiderman being in the Avengers (since Stark Enhanced Spiderman and Iron Man Infinity War are versions of their respective characters that so far appear only once in only one movie, and in that movie both are basically Avengers).

I think *some* ambiguity is necessary here, otherwise practically the entire Marvel Universe has probably been an Avenger at one point in time. But if Kabam is going to be fast and loose with the tags, I think they should very carefully document them somewhere that players can easily look up, so we don't force players to guess. And the tags on the champions isn't useful documentation, because that's like handing someone a dictionary when they don't know how to spell a word. The tags explicitly tell you what group a specific champion is a part of, but it doesn't really tell you which champions belong to a specific group without literally checking every single champion's tags.
    DNA3000 said:

AGENT VENOM
    ANT-MAN
    BLACK PANTHER
    BLACK WIDOW
    CAPTAIN AMERICA
    DRAX
    FALCON
    GAMORA
    GROOT
    HAWKEYE
    HULK
    HULK (RAGNAROK)
    IRON MAN
    IRON MAN (INFINITY WAR)
    ROCKET RACCOON
    SCARLET WITCH
    STAR-LORD
    THOR
    THOR (RAGNAROK)
    VISION
    VISION (AGE OF ULTRON)

Here's week 2:

ARCHANGEL
    BEAST
    BISHOP
    CABLE
    COLOSSUS
    CYCLOPS (BLUE TEAM)
    DEADPOOL
    DEADPOOL (X-FORCE)
    DOMINO
    EMMA FROST
    GAMBIT
    HAVOK
    ICEMAN
    MAGIK
    MAGNETO
    MAGNETO (MARVEL NOW!)
    NIGHTCRAWLER
    OLD MAN LOGAN
    PHOENIX
    PSYLOCKE
    ROGUE
    STORM
    UNSTOPPABLE COLOSSUS
    WOLVERINE
    WOLVERINE (X-23)

AGENT VENOM
    CARNAGE
    DOCTOR OCTOPUS
    ELECTRO
    GREEN GOBLIN
    IRON PATRIOT
    RHINO
    SPIDER-GWEN
    SPIDER-MAN (CLASSIC)
    SPIDER-MAN (SYMBIOTE)
    SYMBIOTE SUPREME
    VENOM
    VENOM THE DUCK
    VENOMPOOL

And finally, Week 4:

BLACK WIDOW
    DARKHAWK
    DEADPOOL
    DEADPOOL (X-FORCE)
    DOMINO
    ELEKTRA
    GOLDPOOL
    GWENPOOL
    KARNAK
    LUKE CAGE
    MASACRE
    MOON KNIGHT
    NEBULA
    SABRETOOTH
    SENTINEL
    TASKMASTER
    ULTRON
    ULTRON (CLASSIC)
    VISION
    VISION (AGE OF ULTRON)
    WINTER SOLDIER
    YONDU
    I was wondering the same about Stark Enhanced Spiderman being in the Avengers (since Stark Enhanced Spiderman and Iron Man Infinity War are versions of their respective characters that so far appear only once in only one movie, and in that movie both are basically Avengers).

I think *some* ambiguity is necessary here, otherwise practically the entire Marvel Universe has probably been an Avenger at one point in time. But if Kabam is going to be fast and loose with the tags, I think they should very carefully document them somewhere that players can easily look up, so we don't force players to guess. And the tags on the champions isn't useful documentation, because that's like handing someone a dictionary when they don't know how to spell a word. The tags explicitly tell you what group a specific champion is a part of, but it doesn't really tell you which champions belong to a specific group without literally checking every single champion's tags.
    Well also when Stark Enhanced Spider-Man was added based on the MCU, he wasn’t technically a member of the Avengers. But this is splitting hairs and Kabam really needs to clarify the reasoning behind the tags. If they are going to exclude champs (like CM from the Avengers and Vulture from Sinister Six) then it should be clarified why.

It’s also really frustrating Kabam doesn’t keep its own documentation on the forums. There should be a page that is easily accessible for information regarding what champs are in each class, sizes, tags, prestige, etc. It’s unfair we have to rely on other members of the community to provide this information. But that’s a bit off topic.
  • Star_Lord_Star_Lord_ Posts: 528 ★★★
    YES! Finally a reason to dust off my Goldpool!
  • mostlyharmlessnmostlyharmlessn Posts: 1,387 ★★★★
    Osfan8 said:

This is a genius way to get people to rank up champs they would normally not have ranked up. Also nice that the announcement coincides with cat bundles offers that also came out today...

I'm not sure today's catalyst deals will help you much with the hardest paths, assuming that they are similar to Epic difficulty as stated.
    I'm sure an offer will come out that will fill that blank in
  • Ganui01Ganui01 Posts: 3
    What happened to omega red? No Xmen-xforce or merc?
    Ganui01 said:

What happened to omega red? No Xmen-xforce or merc?

He’s a villain and not part of the X-Men or X-Force teams.