**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Gather Intel in Nick Fury's Recon Initiatives

Comments

• ddomddom Posts: 572 ★★
    @Kabam Miike any idea on rough energy cost per path for each difficulty?
  • SwansongSwansong Posts: 40
    Well that sux when your 2 strongest characters are Blade and Ghost Rider : -(
  • Why is there no omega red in x-men?
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★

Why is there no omega red in x-men?

Because he’s not an X-Men
  • HeroBoltsyHeroBoltsy Posts: 785 ★★★
    Will there be some sort of special Intel given in this event, aside from the limited in-game currency, that explains why Cyclops is so effective in Week 2? :)

Definitely seems interesting, and a fair if unpredicted challenge. Looking forward to it.
  • xdethsquadxxdethsquadx Posts: 50
    I logged into my 2nd acct after udpate and got 15 of nick furys deals. Logged in before update on main acct and got no 15 of anything. No new calendar present.
  • I need 3 champions
  • I need 4 champions, my level is bad
  • ddomddom Posts: 572 ★★
    will rough difficulty level be around gwenpool gttm?
  • Hulk_77Hulk_77 Posts: 782 ★★★
    I'll come in to say that I like champion requirements, it gets me using parts of my roster that I maybe wouldn't otherwise. But that needs to be coupled without this being too over the top difficult. If 5r3s are going to struggle to complete it without heavy item use, then it feels less fun and more punative.

Basically, if Epic difficulty is roughly the same as UC difficulty, I'm going to be happy about it. If it is significantly harder, I'm going to be upset. Hope that makes sense.
  • MaatManMaatMan Posts: 958 ★★★

I logged into my 2nd acct after udpate and got 15 of nick furys deals. Logged in before update on main acct and got no 15 of anything. No new calendar present.

The new calender is part of the update
  • SnizzbarSnizzbar Posts: 2,142 ★★★★★
    Swansong said:

Well that sux when your 2 strongest characters are Blade and Ghost Rider : -(

None of the seven champs I've got at 4/55 or R1 6* are included in any of the four weeks, so my fingers are reeeallly crossed right now that the Uncollected levels won't be too hard.
  • JemanjiJemanji Posts: 30
    Why is cap ww2 not in the avenger 1st week?
  • TuttoFumo1TuttoFumo1 Posts: 53

Same here!
    Jemanji said:

wwii is not an avenger.
    he was before the avengers existed.
  • FingfangfoomfanesFingfangfoomfanes Posts: 1,102 ★★★
    The event looks great but it says normal play earns up to 5740 intel. How about playing all except epic? Will I still be able to gather that much intel for the 5 star AG? Sad that such amount of intel can only choose the most expensive and not leave buffer for other ideal items.
    MaatMan said:

Nothing changed after the update @MaatMan
    I have updated both accounts, one already has the calendar with Intel and the other doesn't. Both have been updated parallely..
    @Kabam Miike any idea if this is a bug or something that is going to be fixed by the time the events start?

Thanks in advance!
    Jemanji said:

Because he wasn't an avenger back then. To be precise, the avengers didn't exist during ww2...

MaatMan said:

Nothing changed after the update @MaatMan
    I have updated both accounts, one already has the calendar with Intel and the other doesn't. Both have been updated parallely..
    @Kabam Miike any idea if this is a bug or something that is going to be fixed by the time the events start?

Thanks in advance!
    there is another thread on this already answered.
    do not worry.
    all is good.

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/757212#Comment_757212
  • FingfangfoomfanesFingfangfoomfanes Posts: 1,102 ★★★

Jemanji said:

Because he wasn't an avenger back then. To be precise, the avengers didn't exist during ww2...
    But his movie was subtitled the first avenger hmmmm...
    edited March 2019

Jemanji said:

But his movie was subtitled the first avenger hmmmm...
    Yes it was.
    Cap is the first avenger.
    And that movie shows his origin.
    It is because of him then that the avengers start.
    But at that point he was an agent of shield or the ssr wateva it was called then
  • Kobi_Bhediya1Kobi_Bhediya1 Posts: 36
    What are the rewards
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★

Crushtest said:

For those who like pics :-)

Why is there an IP in week 3?
    he is tagged as part of the sinister 6
  • Diksh619Diksh619 Posts: 227 ★★
    @Kabam Miike I am unable to see the login calendar on either ios or android devices on which i play the game(Ipad pro 2019 and galaxy note 9). I have uninstalled the app and re installed the app yet i can't see it. All other members of my alliance see it. Please help me out!

Regards,
    Daksh
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,479 ★★★★★

Jemanji said:

While that makes some sense, I’m not sure you can rely on the timeline as we think we know it. There’s a fair amount of jumbling between the comic-verse and the MCU in game, and it only becomes more apparent when the hashtag system gets used extensively. If you consider Miike’s statement that SHIELD champs aren’t useable because Nick Fury already knows everything about them, then you’re left with quite a few questions:

Is this Nick from 1995, the year the new CM movie takes place? If so, then he’s looking for intel on a Peter Quill who was kidnapped by Yondu just 7 years prior and is likely still a teenage mascot for the Ravagers (and certainly not yet the illustrious Star-Prince). Likewise Gamora, who may have just had her first cybernetic implant as a present on her sweet sixteen from big daddy Thanos. And the AoU Vision? Well, he doesn’t exist yet. And in the MCU, Wanda Maximoff hasn’t met Strucker or any Infinity Stones. It goes on and on if you think about IWIM, Ragnarok Hulk and Thor...

What if this is the current Nick as we know him? He does have the eyepatch, so that’s a possibility. Then why is he looking for intel on Natasha, Clint, Steve? He doesn’t know about them yet? Ultron is yesterday’s news, so he shouldn’t be too worried there. In fact, all the Avengers ought to be well-known to him at this stage (as well as CM, who he met in 1995, who should be a later version of the Classic CM...oh, whatever).

Not trying to start a fight—I think it will be a great event, and I’m generally fine with the decision to exclude certain popular champs even if it puts some at a disadvantage (as long as the difficulty doesn’t approach recent top-end events like Variant and Maze).

But I don’t think there’s strict timeline adherence here—it is this way because the team says it is, period. And we can choose to play/like it or not. I tend to think I will like it.

Dr. Zola
  • Ar1Ar1 Posts: 1
    😊
    edited March 2019
    DrZola said:

Jemanji said:

While that makes some sense, I’m not sure you can rely on the timeline as we think we know it. There’s a fair amount of jumbling between the comic-verse and the MCU in game, and it only becomes more apparent when the hashtag system gets used extensively. If you consider Miike’s statement that SHIELD champs aren’t useable because Nick Fury already knows everything about them, then you’re left with quite a few questions:

Is this Nick from 1995, the year the new CM movie takes place? If so, then he’s looking for intel on a Peter Quill who was kidnapped by Yondu just 7 years prior and is likely still a teenage mascot for the Ravagers (and certainly not yet the illustrious Star-Prince). Likewise Gamora, who may have just had her first cybernetic implant as a present on her sweet sixteen from big daddy Thanos. And the AoU Vision? Well, he doesn’t exist yet. And in the MCU, Wanda Maximoff hasn’t met Strucker or any Infinity Stones. It goes on and on if you think about IWIM, Ragnarok Hulk and Thor...

What if this is the current Nick as we know him? He does have the eyepatch, so that’s a possibility. Then why is he looking for intel on Natasha, Clint, Steve? He doesn’t know about them yet? Ultron is yesterday’s news, so he shouldn’t be too worried there. In fact, all the Avengers ought to be well-known to him at this stage (as well as CM, who he met in 1995, who should be a later version of the Classic CM...oh, whatever).

Not trying to start a fight—I think it will be a great event, and I’m generally fine with the decision to exclude certain popular champs even if it puts some at a disadvantage (as long as the difficulty doesn’t approach recent top-end events like Variant and Maze).

But I don’t think there’s strict timeline adherence here—it is this way because the team says it is, period. And we can choose to play/like it or not. I tend to think I will like it.

Dr. Zola
    not gunna say too much cus not gunna give spoilers to the CM movie i just saw.
    but "Avengers Initiative" in the MCU does not start until after Fury works with CM in 1995.
    so WWii Cap is along time Pre-Avengers

and Nick fury in game has more advanced shield tech and his eye patch so is from the IW/EG timeperiod not the CM time period.

but you are correct. the timeline is fluid as the battlerealm is in "time lock" and is in essntially fluid in time existing in no time but all times all at once.
    kinda a 5th dimension Interstellar situation
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,479 ★★★★★
    MaatMan said:

DrZola said:

Jemanji said:

Dr. Zola
    not gunna say too much cus not gunna give spoilers to the CM movie i just saw.
    but "Avengers Initiative" in the MCU does not start until after Fury works with CM in 1995.
    Thanks for no spoilers. Envious you’ve seen it already.

Dr. Zola