Game Down 03/05 [Merged Threads]

Comments

• AgnitinsAgnitins Member Posts: 3

Hey all,

Thank you for your patience. We wanted to get back to you today on some insights into what happened with the outage today.This outage was caused by an issue with Google's Cloud Services, and we working with them to ensure that this does not happen again.

As for questions on Compensation: This is something that we are looking into.

As many have discussed, it is very difficult to compensate accurately due to of a lot of different factors. It is almost impossible to determine who the winner would be have been with any accuracy.

We are looking into Compensation, but first want to ensure that we are confident in the game's performance. There have been a few hiccups lately, including issues with Event Rewards and Server stability, and we need to be sure that we fix these issues before we have a full understanding of the impact to our Summoners.

Thank you and keep working hard. try not to take fun out of the game.
  • VamshiVamshi Member Posts: 11
    Due to emergency maintenance our alliance lost the war. There need some kind of explanation regarding this. Some kind of compensation of sort
  • MaatManMaatMan Member Posts: 958 ★★★
    Vamshi said:

Due to emergency maintenance our alliance lost the war. There need some kind of explanation regarding this. Some kind of compensation of sort

Are you sure you would have won if there was no issue?
    Or did it cost u the chamce and opportunity to attempt to win?
    edited March 2019
    Yes we were just 4 kills away from victory.
  • Farseer123456789Farseer123456789 Member Posts: 57
    Dunno if we wouldve one but my Alliance missed on clearing a bg and clearing AQ maps. Lost out on two map 5 crystals
  • Doomsfist79Doomsfist79 Member Posts: 922 ★★★
    Vamshi said:

The game was down for about 30m.. so you're saying you couldn't complete in 23h30m? if you can't finish in that amount of time.. then sorry.. you can't really blame Kabam.. i know i know.. they give us 24h to complete.. but come on.. this is kabam.. does anyone really expect there to never be problems? We ensure AQ and War are complete with 2 hours to spare just so something like this doesn't happen..
  • NEO_mr_AndersonNEO_mr_Anderson Member Posts: 1,075 ★★★
    Vamshi said:

It might be worth to post a pic of the war result.

I've uploaded the screengrab
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Member Posts: 5,018 ★★★★★
    @Kabam Miike cheers mate! I appreciate all the work you do, keep it up
  • Dean9300450Dean9300450 Member Posts: 85
    Lord of the Game:The return of the emergency maintenance
  • DhikarDhikar Member Posts: 7
    Just here to leave my grain of sand, and complain about yesterday's blackout... And i recommend everyone to keep posting here as well... We can't let this go to oblivion as most bad things that happen... Not going to say that we were going to win the war but being behind 40k for not getting 2 bosses is a lot of points behind for season rewards...
  • VinneVinne Member Posts: 9
    Hello the game crashed on us yesterday and did not allow us to get the proper points that we needed to win the war. And get the points for war competition.we were right in the middle of taking two bosses down in the game crash
    @Kabam Miike is there any update on this issue? now that AW leaderboard updated we're on G3 for losing 2 boss kills... WE NEED A FIX! just ignore and delete the last war from everyone and add another war at the end of season...
  • DarthPhalDarthPhal Member Posts: 1,064 ★★★★
    Dhikar said:

@Kabam Miike is there any update on this issue? now that AW leaderboard updated we're on G3 for losing 2 boss kills... WE NEED A FIX! just ignore and delete the last war from everyone and add another war at the end of season...

Awful idea. Plenty of alliances won wars where both sides finished before the maintenance. Taking those away is not the answer.
    DarthPhal said:

Dhikar said:

Awful idea. Plenty of alliances won wars where both sides finished before the maintenance. Taking those away is not the answer.
    Yes, and some others lost several war points for not being able to finish. And now you have 1.4M and below Alliances in g1, which will probably be paired with waaay higher alliances in the next wars... Seing themselves very much crushed, and therefore frustrated, for several wars because they won't go down that fast because of tier multipliers... as will happen with us now that we went even below to silver1, where we'll be paired with alliances way lower than ours... What's worse is that we probably won't be able to get to g1 this season because of this issue... We would not mind if it were by our mistakes, which had happened before, but because of a mistake from the game managers and/or developers...

The best solution is to roll back last war, send some war items and buffs for compensation according to tiers (let's be honest, people in matter use way more items than plat, plat more master and os on) and add another war at the end... This will make everything go as intended... Everyone, where they belong...

I hope this issue doesn't go to oblivion...
  • Jridenhour_3Jridenhour_3 Member Posts: 348 ★★
    So it's been couple days and you guys said you were looking into doing something. And now have ignored the post completely. Is tht all thats gonna be done. Just ignore what happened and hope it disappears. Had alot of alliances that lost wars an lost out on lots of points for the season
  • bzrk6bzrk6 Member Posts: 6
    I guess since it didn’t affect very many, Kabam thinks they can just ignore it. So what if they lose a few players, who they pushed away? They have millions of other paying customers. It’s not about handouts, it’s about what’s fair. You (Kabam) should think about that when you choose to ignore a problem created by you to begin with...
  • bzrk6bzrk6 Member Posts: 6
    When will a decision be made about the Alliance Wars affected by the outage? Has there been a decision?
  • psp742psp742 Member Posts: 2,536 ★★★★
    Game keeps hanging after any matchup, and obviously it’s stuck on loading screen.. if you reload the game, you either take 50% hit on your hit point (which was perfect 100%) or you get a loss.. that really stinks kabam.. please fix the server issues.. it’s not problem connecting to my network... it’s connecting to yours.. it’s making the game annoying and less fun.
  • OrcDovahkiinOrcDovahkiin Member Posts: 323
    There literally wasn't any war going on now....
  • MyselfandiMyselfandi Member Posts: 165
    Woohoo. Please fix the lag on android!!

Oh wait....... Forgot its kabam
  • jnikolas92jnikolas92 Member Posts: 192 ★★★
    hey @Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit, just wondering if there’s been an update regarding compensation for the outage.
  • cx23433cx23433 Member Posts: 465 ★★

hey @Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit, just wondering if there’s been an update regarding compensation for the outage.

good one
  • jnikolas92jnikolas92 Member Posts: 192 ★★★
    cx23433 said:

good one
    not trying to spark a debate or argument. genuinely wondering if there is an update since @Kabam Miike mentioned earlier that they would be looking into compensation. i figured they have a ton of stuff to take care but its been a few weeks so just wondering if theres any hope there
  • Kabam LyraKabam Lyra Member Posts: 2,936 ★★★★
    Compensation that was mentioned earlier in the discussion has been sent today. Thanks for your patience and understanding.
This discussion has been closed.