**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Game Down 03/05 [Merged Threads]

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★

We better get a compensation. This is honestly bs.

Not to pour salt on the wound, but they won because they cleared all 3 Bosses. You were at the Boss, given the Exploration. If you couldn't down them at that point, I'm not sure an extra 45 minutes would have helped.
    Between revives/items/boosts/multiple champs, it's entirely possible they could've taken the boss down, for all we know the members with the best chance of killing the boss were unable to play earlier due to work/sleep/other and tried to log into the game to kill the boss, but due to more downtime were unable.
    Possible, perhaps. Likely, not so much. If they're siting at 99.7% before the game goes down, chances are there's a reason for that. They couldn't take it down is the most likely possibility. Some cases may have led people to lose the War. I find it very difficult to believe that many Wars were destined to win had the game not gone down. Some maybe, not as many as are claimed. Which is why I'm looking at the Stats to deduce the probability.
    In any case, it's very difficult to compensate for something like that. They can't assume one side would have won and give them the Win. There may be something they can do in terms of Rewards, but that entirely depends on their decision, and that's usually based on the overall effect of the outage. It was only down a short time so I don't know what they will decide. In regards to "could have won", they can't really decide that in any type of data-based fashion.
    You say that, which fair enough I see your point, but what if in the map, one player has some good champs, with near full hp, play at the start of the war, and due to work/sleep they can't play during, only at the end, by this time your teammates have cleared all but the boss, leaving you as the prime player to take out the boss, it's happened to me before which is why I say it.

I see your point, in a game like this you can say A B C could've happened, but X Y Z should've happened. we can try to rationalize it as much as we want, but at the end of the day all we can and will do with events like this is speculate as there is not, nor will ever be, a definitive answer. The only thing we can say with some pretty darn high odds, is that Kabam wont do anything to compensate/resolve issues like this. Their record lately speaks volumes about these sort of events.
    I get that, and I can totally relate. The last hour, sometimes the last few minutes, are nail biters for us too sometimes. I'm just examining the SS shown, and looking at the likelihood. When it comes to the Boss, we don't wait until the last minute. As I said, it's possible they may have won, I just don't see it as likely.
    The game went down and that's unfortunate, but it went down for everyone, so if the War is over when it goes back up, people are judged based on what they did equally. Since it was down for everyone. It sucks, sure. It's just not something that can be compensated for based on could have, in competitions like this.
  • J7R88J7R88 Posts: 11
    What happened? We were going to win. We were about to kill the boss both aq and aw
  • XxArchMageXxArchMage Posts: 6
    Honestly if kabam gives us 24 hours to do war we should get 24 hours to complete that war and anyone can say don’t wait till last minute, but sometimes it happens and saying it’s ok that screwing up war in the last moments (the most important time with people hitting bosses) just hurts so many alliances as well as top tier guys running AQ who just lost so much prestige and rewards for not completing. I’m more worried about seasons than anything else and I don’t know a good fix beyond removing last war from AW seasons score and adding war on at end of season
  • Whiskey_PoetWhiskey_Poet Posts: 238 ★★
    I'm pretty salty that they kicked me out of variant after using a lot of resources/units. There was no reason for me not to be where I was (at the boss with him almost dead) when the game came back up. The maintenance more or less just stole hundreds of units from me (and an energy refill and my time) that I'm guessing I won't get back again since all that is being discussed is AQ/AW. :/
  • Whiskey_PoetWhiskey_Poet Posts: 238 ★★
    @""Kabam Miike" is there a way to recover my resources/units or put me back where I was in the Variant quest?
  • lilyth23lilyth23 Posts: 95
    edited March 2019
    kabam mike toujours le même message pour chaque bug .....pour quand un serveur dans chaque continents pour empêcher celà .... un 5* en cadeau serait sympa pour tous et un hall de forturne 1 fois par mois car avec vos bug nous on perd du temps - des gains
  • B4nanaJoB4nanaJo Posts: 89
    What’s even more enfuriating is the lack of response from Kabam.

I own a restaurant, if I had to kick out all my customers in the middle of their dinner due to unexpected maintenance I would make damn sure I tell each and everyone fairly quickly how I intend to make it up to them - in the hope they would put their faith in us again.
    And my customers wouldn’t even of paid yet.

Here you have a bunch of customers who have spent resources and you don’t even issue a message out saying something along the lines of: “something went wrong, we’re sorry, we’re looking into it and will do our best to address it fairly for all who were affected”.

It’s basic customer service.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    It's not even the same ballpark. If the Restaurant was down for repairs, you wouldn't have to deal with people asking for food they could have eaten.
  • jnikolas92jnikolas92 Posts: 192 ★★★
    once again. we’ve discussed the fact that rectifying AW is extremely tough to do fairly and cleanly.
    addressing AQ is different though. there needs to be something done there.
  • xKaratexKarate Posts: 3
    So today, 3/5/19, there was emergency maintenance in the last hour or so when our war was going. We were unable to log in and finish up some last fights/paths. And as a result of that we lost our war. Has anyone else had this issue today?
  • L0rd_MeatwadL0rd_Meatwad Posts: 4
    Ddawg said:

Everyone in our alliance has a busy life, and like most people, don’t have much time to spend on this game. When your server goes out during our free time to clear both the aw boss, and aq boss, that’s on you. I really do hope you fix your servers soon, and I really do expect everyone affected by this to get compensation, because this is ridiculous.

Well said, literally exactly what i was going to post.
    We were on a 2 win roll, & would have won this one. We now have a both a recorded loss, & a loss of momentum. You need to both compensate AND adjust records accordingly. If not viable, then give us ALL a win.
  • MaatManMaatMan Posts: 958 ★★★
    Tainted said:

You have ruined yet again both aq and aw for our alliance. At our last boss, 6% left game crashed. 2 bg’s didn’t finish map 6.
    You guys are more than amateurs, these crashes are not something that is happening once in a while. We gett them ALL the TIME.
    When we press help, when we spin crystals, when we do arena, when we do aq, aw. And this is happening for MONTHS.
    You have ruined a beautiful game.
    I hope the community has the guts to quit this source of permanent stress and unacceptable lack of communication. You deserve nothing less than bankruptcy.

are you quitting?
    i hope you are after making a statement like that.
    for you to entice others to quit.
    essently imply others are gutless if they dont quit, i hope you quit.
    if you dont your whole statement is meritless.
  • IcejrIcejr Posts: 431 ★★★
    edited March 2019

Hey all,

Thank you for your patience. We wanted to get back to you today on some insights into what happened with the outage today.This outage was caused by an issue with Google's Cloud Services, and we working with them to ensure that this does not happen again.

As for questions on Compensation: This is something that we are looking into.

As many have discussed, it is very difficult to compensate accurately due to of a lot of different factors. It is almost impossible to determine who the winner would be have been with any accuracy.

We are looking into Compensation, but first want to ensure that we are confident in the game's performance. There have been a few hiccups lately, including issues with Event Rewards and Server stability, and we need to be sure that we fix these issues before we have a full understanding of the impact to our Summoners.

Thank you So Much ☺️☺️☺️
  • AgnitinsAgnitins Posts: 3

Hey all,

Thank you for your patience. We wanted to get back to you today on some insights into what happened with the outage today.This outage was caused by an issue with Google's Cloud Services, and we working with them to ensure that this does not happen again.

As for questions on Compensation: This is something that we are looking into.

As many have discussed, it is very difficult to compensate accurately due to of a lot of different factors. It is almost impossible to determine who the winner would be have been with any accuracy.

We are looking into Compensation, but first want to ensure that we are confident in the game's performance. There have been a few hiccups lately, including issues with Event Rewards and Server stability, and we need to be sure that we fix these issues before we have a full understanding of the impact to our Summoners.

Thank you and keep working hard. try not to take fun out of the game.
  • VamshiVamshi Posts: 11
    Due to emergency maintenance our alliance lost the war. There need some kind of explanation regarding this. Some kind of compensation of sort
  • MaatManMaatMan Posts: 958 ★★★
    Vamshi said:

Due to emergency maintenance our alliance lost the war. There need some kind of explanation regarding this. Some kind of compensation of sort

Are you sure you would have won if there was no issue?
    Or did it cost u the chamce and opportunity to attempt to win?
    edited March 2019
    Yes we were just 4 kills away from victory.
  • Dunno if we wouldve one but my Alliance missed on clearing a bg and clearing AQ maps. Lost out on two map 5 crystals
  • Doomsfist79Doomsfist79 Posts: 922 ★★★
    Vamshi said:

The game was down for about 30m.. so you're saying you couldn't complete in 23h30m? if you can't finish in that amount of time.. then sorry.. you can't really blame Kabam.. i know i know.. they give us 24h to complete.. but come on.. this is kabam.. does anyone really expect there to never be problems? We ensure AQ and War are complete with 2 hours to spare just so something like this doesn't happen..
  • NEO_mr_AndersonNEO_mr_Anderson Posts: 1,075 ★★★
    Vamshi said:

It might be worth to post a pic of the war result.

I've uploaded the screengrab
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    @Kabam Miike cheers mate! I appreciate all the work you do, keep it up
  • Dean9300450Dean9300450 Posts: 85
    Lord of the Game:The return of the emergency maintenance
  • DhikarDhikar Posts: 7
    Just here to leave my grain of sand, and complain about yesterday's blackout... And i recommend everyone to keep posting here as well... We can't let this go to oblivion as most bad things that happen... Not going to say that we were going to win the war but being behind 40k for not getting 2 bosses is a lot of points behind for season rewards...
  • VinneVinne Posts: 9
    Hello the game crashed on us yesterday and did not allow us to get the proper points that we needed to win the war. And get the points for war competition.we were right in the middle of taking two bosses down in the game crash
    @Kabam Miike is there any update on this issue? now that AW leaderboard updated we're on G3 for losing 2 boss kills... WE NEED A FIX! just ignore and delete the last war from everyone and add another war at the end of season...
  • DarthPhalDarthPhal Posts: 1,064 ★★★★
    Dhikar said:

@Kabam Miike is there any update on this issue? now that AW leaderboard updated we're on G3 for losing 2 boss kills... WE NEED A FIX! just ignore and delete the last war from everyone and add another war at the end of season...

Awful idea. Plenty of alliances won wars where both sides finished before the maintenance. Taking those away is not the answer.
    DarthPhal said:

Dhikar said:

Awful idea. Plenty of alliances won wars where both sides finished before the maintenance. Taking those away is not the answer.
    Yes, and some others lost several war points for not being able to finish. And now you have 1.4M and below Alliances in g1, which will probably be paired with waaay higher alliances in the next wars... Seing themselves very much crushed, and therefore frustrated, for several wars because they won't go down that fast because of tier multipliers... as will happen with us now that we went even below to silver1, where we'll be paired with alliances way lower than ours... What's worse is that we probably won't be able to get to g1 this season because of this issue... We would not mind if it were by our mistakes, which had happened before, but because of a mistake from the game managers and/or developers...

The best solution is to roll back last war, send some war items and buffs for compensation according to tiers (let's be honest, people in matter use way more items than plat, plat more master and os on) and add another war at the end... This will make everything go as intended... Everyone, where they belong...

I hope this issue doesn't go to oblivion...
This discussion has been closed.