**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

How innovative of you Kabam

Ultron as a final boss?!! And with Villainy?!!! You surprised and shocked me again!!

Comments

• GamerGamer Posts: 10,036 ★★★★★
    Sl cap IW. SW. Pretty good. To kil him. Alest for danmged output
  • TsoderbeTsoderbe Posts: 32
    Maybe it's because I just did 100% on 5.4.6, but I am sick to death of fighting Ultron and his "better than Spider-man evade because it's so damn random".
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,281 ★★★★★
    Ultron does turn up frequently. There are a repetetive pool of Villains that the game team uses again and again, like Ultron, Emma Frost, Domino, Rulk, Venom, and Punisher 2099. And Kingpin/Sentinel, of course, in Alliance quests.

Hopefully Kabam will remember some of their older, lesser-used Villains who could be used as mini-bosses or final bosses for a bit of variety - Dr Octopus, King Groot, Green Goblin, Mephisto, Vulture, Ghost, Yellowjacket, Morningstar.... All more than capable of posing a challenge as a final boss.

You've built a broad range of Villains, guys. Don't forget to use some of the old ones!
  • MMCskippyMMCskippy Posts: 352 ★★
    Ultron is the Winter Soldier of Villains.
  • Vale84Vale84 Posts: 308 ★★★
    Im more interested on how they changed his evade, been completely different since update prior to this. Today he evaded my second it after fight started, barely 2 seconds in.

I opened a thread here about it : https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/126536/classic-ultron-evade-rate-conditions-stealth-change#latest

That said i have a level 51 account i use for fun. I did epic mode Ultron with Hulk, and 2 20% revives. all you need is bait specials and parry, hitting only with stun timer up. Hulk's ability (mine is only 40) will give him dmg output which willbe well enough to put him down relatively easy.
  • Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★
    Vale84 said:

Im more interested on how they changed his evade, been completely different since update prior to this. Today he evaded my second it after fight started, barely 2 seconds in.

I opened a thread here about it : https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/126536/classic-ultron-evade-rate-conditions-stealth-change#latest

That said i have a level 51 account i use for fun. I did epic mode Ultron with Hulk, and 2 20% revives. all you need is bait specials and parry, hitting only with stun timer up. Hulk's ability (mine is only 40) will give him dmg output which willbe well enough to put him down relatively easy.

Aou ultron just has a chance to evade not every 7 seconds like og ultron
  • NOOOOOOOOPEEEEENOOOOOOOOPEEEEE Posts: 2,803 ★★★★★
    edited March 2019

Ultron does turn up frequently. There are a repetetive pool of Villains that the game team uses again and again, like Ultron, Emma Frost, Domino, Rulk, Venom, and Punisher 2099. And Kingpin/Sentinel, of course, in Alliance quests.

Hopefully Kabam will remember some of their older, lesser-used Villains who could be used as mini-bosses or final bosses for a bit of variety - Dr Octopus, King Groot, Green Goblin, Mephisto, Vulture, Ghost, Yellowjacket, Morningstar.... All more than capable of posing a challenge as a final boss.

You've built a broad range of Villains, guys. Don't forget to use some of the old ones!

How are gonna leave out Kang he is likee the most common villain.
  • becauseicantbecauseicant Posts: 412 ★★★
    Kobster84 said:

Incorrect, go read Ultron (AoU) abilities, it's "function Evade(every 7 seconds)"
  • Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★

Kobster84 said:

Incorrect, go read Ultron (AoU) abilities, it's "function Evade(every 7 seconds)"
    I swore it was a 7% chance at one stage my bad I guess
  • Is Ultron Prime similarly worded (every 7 secs), just curious. Because Prime seems to evade multiple times in a row, whereas AoU does not (only evades once every 7 sec). Thinking maybe Prime will evade every chance so long as it is within the full 1-second timeframe of the 7 sec timer (like he could evade 2 or 3 times all within 1 second duration if you kept trying to hit him) ??
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    Gamer said:

Sl cap IW. SW. Pretty good. To kil him. Alest for danmged output

Lmao that’s my exact team I used to down him. I was stupid and bright IMIW for the heal block...forgot about his sig...I got him down to like 92 with IMIW after 5 min...and quit because I had SL
  • DRTODRTO Posts: 1,612 ★★★★★
    Helpful hint, if you fight ultron using only 4 hit combos ending with a light attack, he'll never evade during the fight.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    Nebula?
  • TsoderbeTsoderbe Posts: 32
    Don't get me wrong, I whooped him with ease. OG Thor alone can destroy him if you can anticipate his evades. I'm just annoyed they keep using him.
  • OrdalcaOrdalca Posts: 543 ★★★
    They are both every 7 seconds, but the LoL ultron can store the evade, while the standard one can only evade at the 7 second intervals. However, neither can evade while stunned, so parry them, then hit 3-4 times.

Nebula?

Nebula is not a GotG.
  • Spidey983Spidey983 Posts: 93
    Gamora is now officially a robot killer lol. Try her and nebula combined and he should be no problem
    Spidey983 said:

Gamora is now officially a robot killer lol. Try her and nebula combined and he should be no problem

Nebula is not a Guardian of the Galaxy or an Avenger, so cannot be brought to this quest. Gamora needs Nebula to have the anti-robot ability.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    Oh, it's part of the new Quest. My bad. I haven't even been in it yet. Stuck Grinding for Units to finish the Quest I'm currently in. Slim pickins. LOL.
  • Bidzy7Bidzy7 Posts: 369 ★★★
    This fight was made for Gamora. just stack and refresh those furies and cruelty and you will make light work of him.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,281 ★★★★★

How are gonna leave out Kang he is likee the most common villain.
    Who flagged this? Not me!

Fair point: Kang does turn up fairly often; but I wouldn't say so often that he's dull. Plus, I really like the animation for Kang's SP3.

Which other villains have been forgotten, guys?
  • Ordalca said:

They are both every 7 seconds, but the LoL ultron can store the evade, while the standard one can only evade at the 7 second intervals.

@Ordalca , Thx, so the Prime Ultron version can still do the evade at like 10 secs if I was not attacking him for the prior few seconds. But how does he evade twice in a row ? Does he get to “save” up multiple 7 second evades, like if there was no opportunity to evade for more than 14 seconds he can then do 2 evades bak2bak ??
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★

Is Ultron Prime similarly worded (every 7 secs), just curious. Because Prime seems to evade multiple times in a row, whereas AoU does not (only evades once every 7 sec). Thinking maybe Prime will evade every chance so long as it is within the full 1-second timeframe of the 7 sec timer (like he could evade 2 or 3 times all within 1 second duration if you kept trying to hit him) ??

If ultron evades, he may do a second dash back which has the exact same animation.

Ordalca said:

They are both every 7 seconds, but the LoL ultron can store the evade, while the standard one can only evade at the 7 second intervals.

@Ordalca , Thx, so the Prime Ultron version can still do the evade at like 10 secs if I was not attacking him for the prior few seconds. But how does he evade twice in a row ? Does he get to “save” up multiple 7 second evades, like if there was no opportunity to evade for more than 14 seconds he can then do 2 evades bak2bak ??
    He would have the initial, saved evade, but then still has the evade at the 7 second interval. That doesn’t get paused when he has one saved, it just doesn’t add to the save.

That is even beyond him just normally dashing back, as @Lormif said.