**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

4 star deal after restriction [Merged Threads]

Comments

• Ronin916Ronin916 Posts: 85

Lovejoy72 said:

I mean, not agreeing with the price is reasonable, but I don't understand why people are taking the Offer personally. It's not even directed at their demographic. Different Offers are for different demographics. They're most often planned in advance, and aren't even connected to upcoming changes or new content. There's an entire chunk of the Player Base that is not even at Act 6, that is still working on their 4* Rosters. The game can't stop moving forward in other areas when one population doesn't agree with something. It's not some kind of personal insult. It doesn't even have anything to do with Act 6. It's like stubbing your toe and getting mad at the Payless Ad. Lol.

It feels more like Payless amputating your foot and then trying to sell you a shoe.
    They were trying to sell it to the people with bare feet.
    Yeah for $100, and the shoe will have fallen apart within 2 months
  • spigwenderspigwender Posts: 473 ★★★

We've merged together several topics about the same matter so it can be addressed all at once. We understand that this offer isn't going to appeal to everyone but it will to some, just as the next offer may not appeal to them but to some of you.

that is the funniest thing I’ve ever read
  • ThatGrootGrootThatGrootGroot Posts: 427 ★★
    Zuko_ILC said:

Granted, I will say that the timing is coincidental, but when you're talking about asking Marketing to verify their plans with Design, that's a whole cross-department mess that's not feasible.

Really, there's not timelines for acts and changes....like there's no one with project management for design of a video game....I've got some oceanfront property in Arizona dirt cheap for you! Honestly you have no clue what you are talking about you dont work there so stop acting like you know the in and outs. You are creating a dangerous environment speaking on their behalf and you should be reprimanded for doing such.
    Oh...SNAP!
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★

Granted, I will say that the timing is coincidental, but when you're talking about asking Marketing to verify their plans with Design, that's a whole cross-department mess that's not feasible.

"when you're talking about asking Marketing to verify their plans with Design, that's a whole cross-department mess that's not feasible."

No, it isn't. I have worked in companies that range from small to Fortune 500 size, mostly from the finance side but involved with Marketing at times. Not as difficult as you're making it out to be.
    Not the same ballpark. Not at all. There are way too many variables involved with Design. They are most certainly working on something at all times, sometimes months in advance, and nothing is certain until it's as optimal as they can get it for release. Marketing operates at a different pace, with different objectives, and different goals. Inevitably, they would be waiting indefinitely at times for Devs to give the "OK", and that would be a financial nightmare. Totally diffetent deadlines.
    I worked for a tech company. I was a data analyst in Marketing and worked very closely with developers as did others in Marketing. Marketing never did anything unless the tech side was ready. If the tech wasn't ready, Marketing slowed down. I think you're in over your head on this one unless you happen to work at Kabam and know the day-to-day operations personally.
    Was the company you worked for designing a game that had contractual obligations with major companies?
    Ronin916 said:

"when you're talking about asking Marketing to verify their plans with Design, that's a whole cross-department mess that's not feasible."

No, it isn't. I have worked in companies that range from small to Fortune 500 size, mostly from the finance side but involved with Marketing at times. Not as difficult as you're making it out to be.
    Not the same ballpark. Not at all. There are way too many variables involved with Design. They are most certainly working on something at all times, sometimes months in advance, and nothing is certain until it's as optimal as they can get it for release. Marketing operates at a different pace, with different objectives, and different goals. Inevitably, they would be waiting indefinitely at times for Devs to give the "OK", and that would be a financial nightmare. Totally diffetent deadlines.
    So no one in marketing was aware that 4* were going to be locked out of Act 6? No one was aware of the huge amount of outrage surrounding that decision? No one had the common sense to say maybe this is really poor timing and we shouldn't go ahead with the offer at this time?
    Were they aware? Perhaps, perhaps not. Some Offers are spaced out over the course of the year and target a range of dempgraphics to balance out Resources available, among different progress levels. Others are planned in tandem with upcoming content. I suspect in this case, it really had nothing to do with it. It was just in the rotation, so-to-speak.
    If you're asking me if I think they should have stopped the Offer, the answer is no. The game doesn't revolve around Act 6, or any one demographic. Some people are still at the point where they need 4* Mats. Not every Offer is directed everyone. Pricing could use a reconsidering. Don't disagree with that.
  • Frog83Frog83 Posts: 12
    It's time for a strike mcoc community they will remove this very fast but we got to keep this alive guys
  • DarthPhalDarthPhal Posts: 1,064 ★★★★
    Huh?
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★

Ronin916 said:

So no one in marketing was aware that 4* were going to be locked out of Act 6? No one was aware of the huge amount of outrage surrounding that decision? No one had the common sense to say maybe this is really poor timing and we shouldn't go ahead with the offer at this time?
    Were they aware? Perhaps, perhaps not. Some Offers are spaced out over the course of the year and target a range of dempgraphics to balance out Resources available, among different progress levels. Others are planned in tandem with upcoming content. I suspect in this case, it really had nothing to do with it. It was just in the rotation, so-to-speak.
    If you're asking me if I think they should have stopped the Offer, the answer is no. The game doesn't revolve around Act 6, or any one demographic. Some people are still at the point where they need 4* Mats. Not every Offer is directed everyone. Pricing could use a reconsidering. Don't disagree with that.
    Yeah but it doesn’t matter if the offer had nothing to do with Act 6. It has to do with how the community perceives the offer. They just announced that 4* are restricted from Act 6 not even a week ago and now they’re coming out with a ridiculous 4* offer. After how many comments and pages of people outraged about that decision? It’s just bad business and it fosters bad blood between them and the community.
  • RikuremaRikurema Posts: 141
    4 stars can still carry you through act 1-5, by then you should already have a decent amount of 5, and some 6
    Even if you don't, you should build up the roster, do LoL, try your hand at variant, build up that roster

I worked for a tech company. I was a data analyst in Marketing and worked very closely with developers as did others in Marketing. Marketing never did anything unless the tech side was ready. If the tech wasn't ready, Marketing slowed down. I think you're in over your head on this one unless you happen to work at Kabam and know the day-to-day operations personally.
    Was the company you worked for designing a game that had contractual obligations with major companies?
    That's an oddly-specific scenario and you're trying to make your point by excluding any other relevant scenarios. It's also irrelevant. Exactly what kind of "contractual obligations" would there be in this case? How does that prove your point that developers and Marketing can't coordinate?
  • Lovejoy72Lovejoy72 Posts: 1,858 ★★★★

“They were trying to sell it to the people with bare feet.”

I hear you, but $150 shoes to the barefoot when you just told everyone it’s “no pedestrian access” at the end of the road, I dunno. I can just comment to how I feel, though I tend to find this all ethically challenged as well.

That's an oddly-specific scenario and you're trying to make your point by excluding any other relevant scenarios. It's also irrelevant. Exactly what kind of "contractual obligations" would there be in this case? How does that prove your point that developers and Marketing can't coordinate?
    Financial deadlines. That's what.
  • axelelf_1axelelf_1 Posts: 775 ★★★
    Rikurema said:

4 stars can still carry you through act 1-5, by then you should already have a decent amount of 5, and some 6
    Even if you don't, you should build up the roster, do LoL, try your hand at variant, build up that roster

Okay, but what about all the 4*s I r5’d because I’d never r4 their 5* version? That’s a whole lot of money, time, and resources that are just gone.
  • _slippery_pete1_slippery_pete1 Posts: 82
    Wow what an offer. Seriously kabam you really know how to keep you customer's happy lol. You are so far out of touch with the community it's absolutely ridiculous. I've already heard a bunch of boycott talk going around. Don't be surprised when it happens again. The community can surprise you just as easily as you can them. You should keep that in mind.
  • Frog83Frog83 Posts: 12
    Ok well u must be s kablam pawn your opinion doesn't matter sir
  • AhitlawAhitlaw Posts: 2,123 ★★★★
    Way to start pushing loyal members away,my entire alliance is thinking about quitting. Game is going in a horrible direction

So those "financial deadlines" set what exactly? The date for a 4-star offer that could have easily been replaced by another offer? And these "financial deadlines" make an environment in which devs and Marketing can't coordinate anything?

I feel like you don't have much to back up your point here. Enlighten us if you do.
  • luksassisluksassis Posts: 21
    edited March 2019

Would you please shut up? The reason you and Kabam can’t understand why everyone is pissed off at this is exactly the reason it is happening, can’t you see it?

You sound like another executive that only $, and break their own company because they don’t see the bigger picture

Keep talking and make yourself look more like a pariah than already everyone think you are

TO_Beatz said:

Everyone list 10 things they would rather spend their $150 on

1. Day-old bread
    2. Multiple pairs of shoe insoles
    3. Clinton 2018 t-shirts
    4. LA Rams 2019 Super Bowl Champs t-shirts
    5. Bananas (I don't like bananas)
    6. Enron stock
    7. A Zune
    8. Throwing stars to stash around my house
    9. A trilby
    10. Meals at Applebee's
    Okay, you deserve an award.
    Thanks! I'm disappointed more people didn't provide their lists.
  • Tasty_Yum_YumsTasty_Yum_Yums Posts: 444 ★★★

I mean, not agreeing with the price is reasonable, but I don't understand why people are taking the Offer personally. It's not even directed at their demographic. Different Offers are for different demographics. They're most often planned in advance, and aren't even connected to upcoming changes or new content. There's an entire chunk of the Player Base that is not even at Act 6, that is still working on their 4* Rosters. The game can't stop moving forward in other areas when one population doesn't agree with something. It's not some kind of personal insult. It doesn't even have anything to do with Act 6. It's like stubbing your toe and getting mad at the Payless Ad. Lol.

You say the deals are scheduled in advance and the very next thing you say is that they aren’t connected to upcoming events. So deals are scheduled and events come out randomly??

Well done contradicting yourself (again)
  • WabobaWaboba Posts: 262 ★★
    edited March 2019
    The offer is for act 3 and above, although those offers are really overpriced, its aimed for players that aren't endgame players, you don't need to buy offers if you don't like them.
    if it was for uncollected players and above, it would be completly unnecessary an offer like this, but for players that are working on getting there, its a good offer, the only problem is that its just really overpriced.
    You all are going way too harsh on kabam just because of this offer.
This discussion has been closed.