**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Captain America (WWII) is one of the most underrated charecter

hes decent dont get me wrong hes not great though i just really like him. hes not a good champ but i dont know i like him. i wanna here what u guys have to say about him like what are your thought on him

Comments

• TOAST_MAILTOAST_MAIL Posts: 26
    V1PER1987 said:

He needs a buff more than KG and Psylocke.

lol your right are u stalking me
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    If by stalking you mean reading your threads on a public forum about buffing certain champs, then yes.
    V1PER1987 said:

If by stalking you mean reading your threads on a public forum about buffing certain champs, then yes.

yes
    V1PER1987 said:

i wanna know what buffs u think cap needs
    Haji_Saab said:

V1PER1987 said:

He needs to do something that CapIW cannot.
    agreed
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★

V1PER1987 said:

That’s tough because it’s hard to say. But both the older Caps have a good defense but not a very solid offensive. CAIW has both so how would you make WWII better? I personally have no idea. I really like CAIW and would rather just accept the other two Caps’ fall into obsolescence.
  • NanoDroidNanoDroid Posts: 48
    He was a solid champ before the 12.0 update, his block was amazing. But as time progressed and with the introduction of newer champions he just became average
  • KpatrixKpatrix Posts: 1,055 ★★★
    Give him a tactical ability buff, maybe in line with winter soldier via synergy where his attack increases by combo. He is the ultimate strategist after all. I still use my 6* in AQ and love his block damage reduction to 0 most attacks. Just wish he hit harder
  • Lt_Magnum_1Lt_Magnum_1 Posts: 639 ★★
    His perfect block is very useful. But his damage output is extremely underwhelming.
  • nebneb Posts: 453 ★★★
    I've pulled him as a 6 star 3 out of my 9 6 star Crystal's. So yeah... sig 40, I'd love to see him buffed cause as is he doesnt get any use. That being said there are many champs worse then him that are more deserving of a buff.
  • Jh_DezJh_Dez Posts: 1,305 ★★★
    Cap ww2
    Firstly I suggest a change in his animations
    Both special and heavy attack
    His heavy should be like the ending phase of civil warrior's heavy (by that I mean bashing the opponent with the shield)

As for buffs
    Blocking: all projectiles blocked by the shield will always count as a perfect block in addition to his normal chance to "perfect block"

Every shield attack causes a disorient debuff reducing opponents ability accuracy by 1% percent to a maximum of 65% decrease. Once captain America hits the maximum, he gains a permanent fury increasing base attack by 75% and also a precision buff increasing critical rating by 650.

This is an idea I came up with
    Please feel free to add
  • LeoGnarleyardoLeoGnarleyardo Posts: 355 ★★
    Realistically speaking his vibranium shield should reflect damage back to the opponent on perfect blocks. or something along those lines. maybe reflect a percentage of energy damage if blocked.. If you watch that mountain top fight scene in the first avengers where Stark picks a fight with thor after he snagged loki off the Quinn jet.. Steve rogers pops out and tells everyone to just get along, I believe he specifically asks thor to put down the hammer, then thor goes oh... you want me to put the hammer down..... oh yeah ill bring the hammer down. then he does this huge super hero leap into Cap and bring down this huge lighting strike with mjolnir and the energy deflected off caps shield completely levels all the trees around them. Pretty interesting depiction of the power of vibranium.
  • LibertyPrimeV1LibertyPrimeV1 Posts: 4,179 ★★★★★

Realistically speaking his vibranium shield should reflect damage back to the opponent on perfect blocks. or something along those lines. maybe reflect a percentage of energy damage if blocked.. If you watch that mountain top fight scene in the first avengers where Stark picks a fight with thor after he snagged loki off the Quinn jet.. Steve rogers pops out and tells everyone to just get along, I believe he specifically asks thor to put down the hammer, then thor goes oh... you want me to put the hammer down..... oh yeah ill bring the hammer down. then he does this huge super hero leap into Cap and bring down this huge lighting strike with mjolnir and the energy deflected off caps shield completely levels all the trees around them. Pretty interesting depiction of the power of vibranium.

Well technically the Shield should've just absorbed the Blast with an eerie silence, I Think
  • Jh_DezJh_Dez Posts: 1,305 ★★★
    I wanted to add an ability linked with blocking energy attacks but um the idea I came up with would make him a bit op
  • FhfjghhggggjfhfjgFhfjghhggggjfhfjg Posts: 4,492 ★★★★★
    V1PER1987 said:

Nah king Groot needs it more. Psylocke is fine as she is. Tho i dont see kabam buffing either cap ww2 or og cap as we hav cap iw
  • Ctleath_013Ctleath_013 Posts: 416 ★★
    He used to be good, until he was just overshadowed by other champs.
  • Lovejoy72Lovejoy72 Posts: 1,858 ★★★★
    V1PER1987 said:

V1PER1987 said:

That’s tough because it’s hard to say. But both the older Caps have a good defense but not a very solid offensive. CAIW has both so how would you make WWII better? I personally have no idea. I really like CAIW and would rather just accept the other two Caps’ fall into obsolescence.
    They should never be allowed to neglect a character they dare put in the 6* crystal! The only thing the have done for him is that ok synergy with RS. And for that you have to bring RS!
  • Woody15Woody15 Posts: 544 ★★★
    Maybe just make his bleed a little better and make the WS synergy boost his attack or something?
  • BirdReynoldsBirdReynolds Posts: 527 ★★★
    Block unblockable attacks, deal damage like quake when his block is hit, blame everything on those darn millennials.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,554 Guardian

Well technically the Shield should've just absorbed the Blast with an eerie silence, I Think
    It is unclear if MCU Vibranium has identical properties to Marvel 616 Vibranium. In the comics Cap's original shield was a vibranium/steel alloy, so its properties were not identical to pure vibranium; in the movies the shield is essentially pure vibranium so they aren't 100% comparable either way. In the movies, Vibranium is described as having the ability to absorb incoming kinetic and vibrational energy. That energy has to go somewhere; in the Black Panther movies Suri creates an enhanced Black Panther suit that allows the wearer to use that stored energy. Cap's shield doesn't have that sophisticated technology built into it, so it probably just slowly leaks that energy back out into the world as low level sonic vibrations or heat. The impact of Mjolnir might have been too much energy for the shield to simply absorb and slowly drain away, so instead it immediately reflected all of the excess energy as a giant shockwave. That's how I interpret that scene.

If you wanted to put that property into the game, I think the most logical way to do that would be with a safeguard-like ability tied to blocking. If Cap performs a well-timed block on an attack that would have done more than X% damage, he has a Y% chance to absorb the energy of the attack and take no damage, and reflect Z% of the damage back to the attacker. This would have to have a significant cooldown.
  • Frivolousz21Frivolousz21 Posts: 438 ★★★
    Jh_Dez said:

Cap ww2
    Firstly I suggest a change in his animations
    Both special and heavy attack
    His heavy should be like the ending phase of civil warrior's heavy (by that I mean bashing the opponent with the shield)

As for buffs
    Blocking: all projectiles blocked by the shield will always count as a perfect block in addition to his normal chance to "perfect block"

Every shield attack causes a disorient debuff reducing opponents ability accuracy by 1% percent to a maximum of 65% decrease. Once captain America hits the maximum, he gains a permanent fury increasing base attack by 75% and also a precision buff increasing critical rating by 650.

This is an idea I came up with
    Please feel free to add

I like it but that would only help in really long fights
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,655 ★★★★★
    I just pulled the 4* version. :)
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    He was amazing back in the day. Time hasn't been kind to him though.
  • MaatManMaatMan Posts: 958 ★★★
    he was my main man for a very very looong time.
    his block pro is great.
    enabled you to fight slow against new enemies and safely block alot of attacks while you learn their animations and abilities
  • Duke_SilverDuke_Silver Posts: 2,421 ★★★★
    V1PER1987 said:

Psylocke??
  • Frivolousz21Frivolousz21 Posts: 438 ★★★
    What an awful post.

I was really excited that you had some proof of concept here.

And you just like the guy.

Really a classic bait and switch post.