**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

AW tier multiplyer vs tier maps

I'm wondering how to correct this issue, this has been happening to us all season so far.. We have a tier 9 map with teir 10 multiplyer.. The scoring seems to be way off this season

Comments

• MaatManMaatMan Posts: 958 ★★★
    seems to be when you move up or down tier.
    i have posted about it before.
    i even made a big thread about it.
    dunno where it is now
    we won earlier moved to t6. next war was only t7.
    we won and moved to t5 next war was only t6
    we just won and moved to t4. this war is only t5.

it seems to be locking you in at your current tier when you enlist for war.
    so after you win and your tier changes it doesnt update.
    this is a big error costing many alliances many points but kabam has so far said nothing on it.

• KpatrixKpatrix Posts: 1,055 ★★★
    Same thing happening to us, we are getting the multiplier for the tier below us, not the multiplier listed for our current tier. Something is really messed up. Too bad we will never get an answer or adjustment. They will just say they can't tell how many are affected or not so they will just leave it probably
  • MaatManMaatMan Posts: 958 ★★★
    edited March 2019
    3 wars this has happened to us this season.
    meant to upload this pic before to show we are t4 but getting t5.
    but it didnt upload.

• As to this thread, we just had a war that during war we were listed as Tier 14, but fought on a map that was Tier 16. (I know for sure because 15 vs 16 is the split between some different buffs and extra linked nodes). Only 2 group war by the way.

14 vs 15 would make sense and “coin flip” chose map15, But this was 2 Tiers different (can’t see that there was that far of a gap for ally's running only 2 maps). And then even though we won, we dropped down to Tier 15 when next matchmaking was done and in Defense mode ?
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian
    Match making has been showing oddities to me this season as well.

This is the war rating match up for every war this season, and what the map multiplier was:

1776 vs 1771: tier 7 (3.2)
    1839 vs 1831: tier 7 (3.2)
    1913 vs 1898: tier 6 (3.4)
    1844 vs 1838: tier 6 (3.4)
    1777 vs 1799: tier 6 (3.4)
    1845 vs 1839: tier 7 (3.2)
    1908 vs 1911: tier 6 (3.4)

Last season I'm pretty sure all of those wars would have been tier 6. Also, in the same season in back to back wars how can a match up between 1777 and 1799 be a tier 6 war and a 1845 and 1938 be a tier 7 war? This can't even be something where the game is mismatching alliances and choosing the lower tier or choosing randomly. In every match up both our alliance and the opponent alliance both had ratings that should have placed both alliances in tier 7. It is *possible* that the rating cutoff for tier 6 changes slightly during the season, but I don't think it can change that much. It didn't do so in season seven.

I guess at least we're being matched against alliances in the same zip code. But in at least two and probably three wars both we and our opponents appear to have been shorted the multiplier. I guess if it is happening to everyone, it won't affect season standings much. But I'm glad we're not near a bracket border because this would be driving me crazy if we were.
  • Maat1985Maat1985 Posts: 2,237 ★★★★
    edited March 2019
    I believe the problem happens when you move up or down tiers.
    I have posted about it before.
    I even made a big thread about it.
    dunno where it is now

this has happened 3 times this season
    We won a war and moved to t6. next war was only t7 multiplier.
    We won another war later and moved to t5 next war was only t6 multiplier.
    We just won again and moved to t4. this war is only t5 multiplier.

this is a big error costing many alliances many points but kabam has so far said nothing on it.

we have won every war this season. all 7 so far.
    and we have seen this everytime we have moved up a tier.

basically what it looks like is when you enlist you get locked at say t5. then even though we won and moved to t4 matchmaking has begun with us being registered as t5 already.
    so it is of my belief that now we are enlisted at t4 if we lose and drop to t5 the next war will still be given the t4 multiplier.

T6 and T7 issue at start of season (t6 but awarded t7 multiplier)

T6 and T5 issue later (t5 but awarded t6 multiplier)

T5 and T4 issue atm (t4 but looks like we will get t4 multiplier)

• Rougeknight87Rougeknight87 Posts: 599 ★★★
    Happened to us as well. Yet to see a dev comment on any of the threads that have been opened so we are being kept completely in the dark. Really would love some clarity on the situation.. anyone? Please?
  • DarthHaasDarthHaas Posts: 385 ★★
    Same stuff happening in our ally. Tier 8 win the war... next war we tier 10.. win the war go to tier 9 with multiplier still for 10. Also won a war and didn’t get the victory bonus. Opened ticket with kabam and said they was looking into it. Closed it saying everything was fixed. Our points never moved... I haven’t got a clue right now
  • J_Head518J_Head518 Posts: 38
    Maat1985 said:

I believe the problem happens when you move up or down tiers.
    I have posted about it before.
    I even made a big thread about it.
    dunno where it is now

this has happened 3 times this season
    We won a war and moved to t6. next war was only t7 multiplier.
    We won another war later and moved to t5 next war was only t6 multiplier.
    We just won again and moved to t4. this war is only t5 multiplier.

we have won every war this season. all 7 so far.
    and we have seen this everytime we have moved up a tier.

basically what it looks like is when you enlist you get locked at say t5. then even though we won and moved to t4 matchmaking has begun with us being registered as t5 already.
    so it is of my belief that now we are enlisted at t4 if we lose and drop to t5 the next war will still be given the t4 multiplier.

T6 and T7 issue at start of season (t6 but awarded t7 multiplier)

T6 and T5 issue later (t5 but awarded t6 multiplier)

T5 and T4 issue atm (t4 but looks like we will get t4 multiplier)

Yeah, now that I read your comment, that makes much more sense to me now.. There have been so many other bugs this season why not this too lmao. Anyway thanks for clearing that up a bit
    just to explain further incase it is not fully clear.

essentially we were in T5.
    we just won a war in T5 which has now pushed us up into T4.
    however this next war is now being fought with T5 multiplier.
    as we enlisted for this war while in T5 the fact we won and moved up a tier has not affected this war.
    I suspect that now we have enlisted in this war in T4 even if we lose and drop to T5 our next war will be with T4 multiplier.
    3 times we have moved up tier this season
    3 times this error has occurred.
    @GroundedWisdom if you want to have a conversation with me about this topic can you please do so in this thread where I have provided all my screenshots to support what I am saying.
    it will greatly help me keep track of my conversation and this topic as time goes on and I collect more data / evidence to this.
    many thankx

well that's how it seems to be working.
    and that is exactly wat I have said is you are mached based on tier you enlisted.
    which is wrong as we won and moved up our next war should be inhioger tier.
    and on the war room given it is show tier X and multiplier y that clearly shows there is a bug somewhere.
    as the tier and multiplier do not match on that screen.

but previous to this.
    you win and move up your very next war is in the higher tier.
    that is how it has alwaysa worked previously.

now it is showing us as having moved up but our next war is not in the higher tier.
    it is now suddenly different to how it has always been in the past.

so yeah I am gunna say "error / bug"
    cus if it was changed they havn't told us and it also sucks and is unfair.
    as it means you lose and go down and your next war will not be in the lower tier.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    All I asked was if we knew how it was intended to work. LOL. Not sure why you couldn't reply to me in the Thread I asked.
    NM. I see you did. I just saw the Tag and came here.
    as you can see in this video.
    we won our last was in tier 5 with multiplier of 4
    we are now listed in the season screen as tier 4 with multiplier of 4.5
    in the war room however there is an error that shows tier 5 but with 4.5 multiplier.at the end of this war I will show also that we will be scored as tier 5 with 4 multiplier.
    I am 100% confident this is what will happen as it has already happened twice this season.

https://youtu.be/fRO5IBQuW5I

All I asked was if we knew how it was intended to work. LOL. Not sure why you couldn't reply to me in the Thread I asked.

I just wanted to be able to keep all my conversation on the topic in one place. that is all.
    It's fine. It's possible something is buggy. I was just looking at possibilities. The Matchmaking System is still new. Good looking Ally, BTW.

It's fine. It's possible something is buggy. I was just looking at possibilities. The Matchmaking System is still new. Good looking Ally, BTW.

thanks. we have made some real good steps and good progress over the last 2 seasons.

trying to bring kabams attention to this as it seems others are having similar issues.

I believe I have done enough research and data collecting to find the cause of the issue now just waiting for something to be said and hopefully done by kabam.
  • J_Head518J_Head518 Posts: 38
    We will see haha 😎
  • MrsDoomMrsDoom Posts: 23
    I actually just submitted a request about this and got an answer I am less than pleased with. My alliance has fought hard to get to and stay in or above tier 12. With a large mix of low ranked and high ranked players and a fairly casual group, this is a feat we are pretty proud of. With that said, we were in tier 12, won our match and then when our next war popped up, it showed tier 13. Season shows us t12, as well as we have the t12 multiplier and t12 map. But we have the t13 rewards. There is a pretty big difference in this line, so I emailed support. The answer I got was basically this: “when the system matches you against an alliance outside of your tier, it randomly decides which multiplier, map, and rewards to use and is working as intended.” Basically, all that work doesn’t matter. The only thing that does is RNG and terrible matchmaking.
    That's what I suspected.
    MrsDoom said:

I actually just submitted a request about this and got an answer I am less than pleased with. My alliance has fought hard to get to and stay in or above tier 12. With a large mix of low ranked and high ranked players and a fairly casual group, this is a feat we are pretty proud of. With that said, we were in tier 12, won our match and then when our next war popped up, it showed tier 13. Season shows us t12, as well as we have the t12 multiplier and t12 map. But we have the t13 rewards. There is a pretty big difference in this line, so I emailed support. The answer I got was basically this: “when the system matches you against an alliance outside of your tier, it randomly decides which multiplier, map, and rewards to use and is working as intended.” Basically, all that work doesn’t matter. The only thing that does is RNG and terrible matchmaking.

That's what I suspected.

that is a different situation to what I am having.

our issue is both alliance being t4 and fighting for t5 multiplier.
    both alliances being t5 and fighting for t6 multiplier.
    both alliances being t6 and fighting for t7 multiplier.

Seems like a bit of a coincidence it is happening every single war wafter a win that pushes us up a tier does it not??
  • KhalDJKhalDJ Posts: 27
    There is definitely something wrong with the tiers this season. In two of our wars, we came in the match-up as the higher rated alliance, but we received a lower multiplier than the opposing team.

I understand this whole 50/50 business when the alliance is on the cusp of the next tier but it makes no sense to be receiving a lower multiplier when we are the higher rated alliance.
  • I wonder if there is indeed something to a theory that your Tier (and thus Multiplier) for the NEXT War is locked in at the time you ENLIST for it (which most likely is before the previous war will have ended). If that is the case (and cut them some slack if that is true, remember that Enlisting before previous war ends is still relatively new and may still have some kinks in it).. anyways, if true, then if you win a war, go back in and de-enlist and then re-enlist for the next war to ensure you get whatever higher multiplier/Tier as a result of having just won (give it a little time first, so rankings, etc get adjusted, just don’t wait too long, will only be a few hours in which to do that).

Conversely, if you just lost a war, do not go back and re-enlist, you might benefit by NOT having the last loss play a factor in your Tier/multiplier for next one.

I wonder if there is indeed something to a theory that your Tier (and thus Multiplier) for the NEXT War is locked in at the time you ENLIST for it (which most likely is before the previous war will have ended). If that is the case (and cut them some slack if that is true, remember that Enlisting before previous war ends is still relatively new and may still have some kinks in it).. anyways, if true, then if you win a war, go back in and de-enlist and then re-enlist for the next war to ensure you get whatever higher multiplier/Tier as a result of having just won (give it a little time first, so rankings, etc get adjusted, just don’t wait too long, will only be a few hours in which to do that).

Conversely, if you just lost a war, do not go back and re-enlist, you might benefit by NOT having the last loss play a factor in your Tier/multiplier for next one.

I could give them time and understand how bugs happen but they need to come and aknowledge it first.

also there is not always time to de-enlist and re-enlist.
    it may be something I will look at *IF we win and move up a tier again and report if its different but that is something I may or may not be able to test.
    so our war we just had wat supposed to be t4 however was listed as t5. wwe lost and funnily enough got the t5 multiplier even though we were t4

No after our loss we dropped into t5.
    now our war matchup screen is showing t4 with the t5 multiplier.
    this is l;eading me to believe we will get the t4 multiplier for this war even though we are t5 now.

it is really providing further evidence to show we are in fact locked into the tier we are in at the point we enlist.

• Although as an opposite case of “next war tier based on tier in current war when enlist”...

We were T15, enlisted for next one during the attack phase of that T15 war, won the war, and came out of it listed in T13 (probably borderline crossing points on both ends, but does show we moved up nonetheless). I did just for kicks unenlist and reenlist, and still remained the higher T13.

Just keep in mind that what Tier it shows immediately after finishing a war does NOT indicate what Tier you are actually gonna be in after all other matches finish up over the next hour (or by time matchmaking begins few hours later), because some have not ended yet to leapfrog back above you).
    must have been a massive win to jump 2 tiers.

and i always read wat tier it is when matchmaking has happened. the tier on the season screen however isn't always matching the tier in the war room.
  • hurricanthurricant Posts: 515 ★★★
    @Kabam Miike can you please have the team look into this? It appears that though people may not be getting the right multipliers for war and are getting less points than they should be in higher tiers