© 2023 MARVEL. MARVEL CONTEST OF CHAMPIONS SOFTWARE © 2023 KABAM GAMES, INC., A NETMARBLE COMPANY. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Version 14.1.1 is a minor update for Android only. It fixes issues with long loading times, as well as other issues that arose after 14.1
Alliance Wars have received a huge update!
- Prepare your Alliance for war on a brand new map
- More to explore! The new map is 1.5x larger than the previous Alliance Wars Map
- Alliance War energy now replenishes every 60 minutes, instead of 90 minutes
- Traverse the map with portals!
- Earn skirmisher rewards for every opponent defeated in Alliance Wars
Find out everything you need to know about this update to Alliance Wars here: http://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/17902/15-0-alliance-wars-update
- Tier 2 Alpha Catalyst Fragments have been added to the Glory Store
The Loyalty Store has been refreshed!
- 3 Brand new Alliance War Boosts have been added to the Loyalty Store
- Class boosts in the Loyalty Store are now more powerful
- Fixed an issue that caused the Next Series button to disappear from Arenas after achieving the last milestone
- Fixed an issue where Nebula was not always gaining Shock Charges while Blocking
- Fixed an issue where Karnak was not able to chain into special attacks from a combo
UPDATE: Looks like we forgot to mention that there has been an update to Conqueror Rewards in Alliance Quests!
- Map 4 Conqueror Rewards now award 400 Tier 4 Basic Catalyst Fragments
- Map 5 Conqueror Rewards now award a Tier 4 Class Catalyst Fragment Crystal
- Map 6 Conqueror Rewards now award 200 Tier 2 Alpha Catalyst Fragments
There are no additional changes or content additions in this release
- Buffs, Debuffs and Passive Effects that a Champion gets from a Node now have an extra icon to help differentiate them
- Active Buffs and Active Debuffs will be unchanged
- Passive Buffs and Passive Debuffs will no longer have a colored border to better distinguish them from Active Buffs
- Made improvements to Parry consistency
- Fixed an issue where some Champions were able to be interrupted in the middle of a Special Attack
- Fixed an issue where effects from Special Attacks would persist even when the Champion has been stunned or knocked out
- Fixed an issue where Despair would not always reduce Healing as much as it should have
- Fixed an issue where players were unable to take any action after using Special Attacks of some Champions
- Adjusted Kingpin’s Heavy Attack reset time to be in line with all other Champions
- Fixed an issue where Doctor Octopus’s Special 2 Attack was not acting as a Projectile
- Fixed an issue where Archangel was able to be Magnetized by Magneto
- Fixed an issue with Medusa's Bleeds expiring with Armor Shattered
- Fixed an issue where Medusa was able to stack more than 30 bleeds
- Fixed an issue where Summoners were not able to purchase the new Alliance War boosts
- Fixed an issue where Beast's Acrobatic Mode was interfering with opponent's Power gain
- Fixed an issue where players were forced to complete a fight twice to progress after a disconnect
- Fixed an issue causing Nebula's Shock Charge timer to reset after being struck while blocking
- Fixed an issue where a Force Close was not causing a reduction in Champion's health after disconnect
- Fixed an issue where some users were seeing a storage capacity error when trying to open the game on Android OS 8
- Fixed an issue where some users were able to continue to fight in Arenas by using the Next Series button after the completion of an Arena
- Fixed an issue where Beast was not activating Regeneration in his Acrobatic mode
- Fixed an issue causing Quake's Aftershock charges not to apply extra damage past 3 Aftershock charges
- Fixed an issue where Nightcrawler's timer would disappear after switching modes
- Fixed an issue where Nightcrawler would become invisible after evading
On Demand Resources:
Introducing live data updates from the App Store! Our game will serve up data outside App Store update or Google Play Store. Updating or installing a fresh download of the game will install all the data your game will need right when you first launch the game.
This should only occur once. If you are seeing this download occur multiple times, please ensure that you are not clearing the App Data or Game Files of Marvel Contest of Champions. If you are using an App to clean the files of your Device, please ensure that you exclude Marvel Contest of Champions.
If you encounter any difficulties, we have some troubleshooting tips here: http://kabam.force.com/PKB/articles/en_US/FAQ/Background-Downloading-for-Android
The 15.1.2 Hotfix build is designed to address a few issues that arose with the 15.1 Version.
- Activating a special attack can be interrupted by the player or the opponent, resulting in the Special Attack being cancelled, while the power required is still being used.
- Some users on iOS devices will need to download the game files multiple times. This fix is only for iOS devices. If you are an Android user that is encountering this issue, please refer to this article for troubleshooting tips: http://kabam.force.com/PKB/articles/en_US/FAQ/Background-Downloading-for-Android
- Some users are unable to download all of the game files after updating. This will result in some missing assets or artwork in game.
- 6-Star Crystal Shards will not display in the Crystal screen. This is strictly a visual bug, and all shards are still accounted for, though not visible at this moment.
- Vision and other champions that utilize Power Steal or Power Burn on special attacks were running into complications with their abilities.
Bounty Missions: Tests of Valor
Earn Valor for a chance to initiate these short, challenging Bounty Missions for your whole Alliance and earn Crystal Shards and even more Valor! By completing a Test of Valor you enhance the rewards received by the Bounty Mission’s initiator - work together with your Alliance members to help each other earn more rewards! Already contributed to the Bounty Mission? Play all 4 difficulties of a Test of Valor to earn as much Valor as you can and climb to the top of the Valor Leaderboard!
Solo Events: Vanquishing Blow
New to The Contest is a brand new type of Solo Event that rewards points on how you finish your opponent in combat! Vanquishing Blow challenges Summoners to defeat their opponents in specific ways--using Bleed damage, a Level 3 Special Attack, and other different demands--to gain points and rewards - including Valor! Don’t miss out on this limited-time Solo Event!
UI Improvements: Updated Energy and Currency Display
- Tap on your energy or resource display at the top of your screen to display and quickly take a look at all of your available energies (Event, Alliance War, Alliance Quest) and currencies (Units, Glory, Loyalty, Battle Chips, Valor) at once!
- The Strategic Menu found on the left side of the screen in Quest Maps will only default to being Open at the start of every map, and will remain closed until opened again.
- Adjusted the Power Reserve buff in Act 5, Chapter 3 to reduce frustrating interactions with Magik and Cable’s Abilities
- Fixed an issue where Mephisto’s Synergy with Morningstar was not displaying correctly in the Character’s Synergy screens
- Reduced Gwenpool’s chance to proc a Bleed on her Heavy attack to 5% to prevent an exploitable loop in gameplay
- Fixed an issue with the Optimist buff where regenerating health will not disengage the buff until the Champion has 30% of their health again
- Fixed an issue where Howard the Duck’s Thunderquack would not be removed when a Stun Debuff is applied
- Fixed an issue where the True Strike buff node would not negate all types of Evade
- Fixed an issue where the Debilitate buff was not applying to all kinds of Debuffs
- Fixed an issue where the Inequity mastery was not applying to all kinds of Debuffs
- Updated the Willpower Mastery to interact with several recently-introduced Debuffs that were previously not triggering Willpower.
- Fixed an issue causing Morningstar to not benefit from the effects of Willpower
- Fixed an issue where Persistent Variables were visible on the Alliance Wars Map Screen when the Champion was hidden
- Fixed an issue where Mephisto was unable to prevent Doctor Voodoo's regeneration at the beginning of a fight
- Fixed an issue where Nightcrawler would become invisible in the middle of a fight
Uncollected Difficulty - December 6th
The Grandmaster extends his gratitude for those who defeated his brother and opens a new monthly Event Quest difficulty for the Uncollected. Fights only get harder and strategic from this point forward, but overcoming them will be more rewarding. Now is the time to become Uncollected! Defeat the Collector in Act 5, Chapter 2 to gain the Grandmaster's Favor and become Uncollected!
Halls of Healing & Halls of Fortune - December 18th - December 31st
Fan favorites return for the Holiday Season! Explore these daily quests to fill your coffers with Gold, and stock your inventory with Potions and Revives! The Halls of Healing will reward players with Potions and Revives for single Champions and their whole team to use in both Alliance Modes AND Story Quests! The Halls of Fortune will award mountains of precious Gold, which can be used to enter into Arenas, donated to your Alliance, or to rank up your Champions! These Quests will alternate daily. Make sure to fully explore them all, as these quests won’t be sticking around permanently!
Tier 4 Class Catalyst Daily Quests - December 11th - December 31st
Tier 4 Class Catalyst Dailies return during the Holiday season for those who seek greater strength! These daily quests provide Tier 4 Class Catalysts for different Classes, similar to the current Class Daily Quests. Enjoy them while you can!
Act 5 Chapter 4 - December 13th
The culmination of Act 5 arrives and the conclusion is sure to be.... Grand! As the very structure of The Battlerealm begins to falter, a group resisting the control of The Grandmaster has begun collecting fragments of the crumbling Cornerstone to save their home and combat his influence, but as they reform the Cornerstone they discover a truth that changes the stakes altogether...
M.O.D.O.K.’s Lab - December 6th - January 3rd
The Grandmaster has been so focused on his grand machinations that M.O.D.O.K. has renovated his Laboratory right beneath The Grandmaster’s nose in order to test his new device: M.O.D.O.K.’s Randomizer! Enter M.O.D.O.K.’s Lab and see how the dice rolls as you face off against 6 random opponents with their own set of completely random buffs! Use M.O.D.O.K.’s Randomizer to spin the wheel again and try to land your ideal set of buffs!
Hotel M.O.D.O.K. - December 6th - January 3rd
While The Grandmaster is away, M.O.D.O.K. will play… With the Grandmaster somewhat preoccupied with other affairs, M.O.D.O.K. has opened a quaint holiday getaway for the Champions of The Battlerealm to kick back, relax, and enjoy each other’s company. But as with anything, M.O.D.O.K. is keen to run a few experiments on his “esteemed guests” and the results are sure to be… interesting. Take a well-earned vacation in the best (and only) Hotel in The Battlerealm!
• Summoners can now manually trigger a Special Attack while using Autofight
• Mordo's Astral Evade has been updated to no longer activate if Mordo is suffering from a Concussion or Fatigue debuff.
• Fixed an issue where the AI was able to start acting immediately following the use of their Special 3 attack
• Fixed an issue preventing Nebula and Doctor Octopus’s Special 3 Attack from knocking out the opponent
• Fixed an issue causing abilities that trigger from a “Well Timed Block” to activate inconsistently
• Fixed a bug where one of the light attacks for Black Widow, Captain Marvel, Gamora, Ms. Marvel, and Scarlet Witch would occasionally miss
• Fixed a bug where Spider-Gwen would sometimes miss the second hit of her Special 2 Attack
• Fixed an issue where Thor (Ragnarok) would become unresponsive following the activation of an Auto-Block
• Fixed an issue causing Blade’s Heightened Synergy to not correctly increase his Danger Sense potency
• Fixed an issue causing Morningstar to lose Souls in an active Quest when she is upgraded
• Fixed an issue where Mephisto’s Pact with a Demon synergy would not increase his Incineration Damage
• Fixed an issue causing Spider-Gwen to move off screen during her Special 2 Attack
• Fixed an issue where Enhanced Incinerate Buff node was causing Mephisto to take Incinerate Damage
• Fixed an issue where Quake’s Aftershock damage was not correctly scaling with charges on her Richter Scale
• Fixed an issue where Quake was able to stun an opponent in the midst of a special attack
• Fixed an issue where force closing a fight would not grant Mephisto souls
• Fixed an issue that could cause Auto Fight to enable unintentionally following a crash
• Fixed an issue with missing text in Spider-Man’s Special 2 Attack description
Alliance Wars Seasons
- Get ready to face the highest level of competition between Alliances that The Contest has to offer!
- Join forces with your teammates, fight to climb the Leaderboards, and win awesome rewards!
- Season rewards include Tier 5 Basic Catalysts, Tier 2 Alpha Catalysts, 6-Star Hero Shards, the new Alliance Badges, and exclusive Titles!
New Event Quest – Rise of the Black Panther
The Illuminati, led by Doctor Strange, have been scrambling to procure Infinity Stones and head Thanos off at every turn. They are losing. In a last ditch effort to buy them some time, Black Panther heads off on a suicide mission to turn the tide of war, or at least to buy the Champions some time… Play the Rise of the Black Panther Quest today!
Trials of the King
As Thanos slowly gains power across The Battlerealm, T’Challa reflects on the teachings of the ancient guardian of the Black Panthers – Bast. Sensing himself only as strong as his allies, the Black Panther has invited you to participate in the Trials of the King to prove your devotion to his cause. Participate in each daily Trial of the King to earn powerful Essences which give you an edge on the challenging 7th day! Prove yourself to King T’Challa and Bast!
6-Star Champions now available!
6-Star Champions are now available to join your roster! Collect Shards to form your 6-Star Hero Crystal and add these powerful new Champions to your team! For more information, check out our blog post.
Lunar New Year Celebration
Lunar New Year Red Packets return for the Year of the Dog! Gift Red Packets to other Summoners for rewards. A Lunar New Year Calendar will also be available to earn Units, Gold, and 5-star Hero Crystal Shards!
New Fighting Arena
Battle in the Muspelheim fighting arena – inspired by Marvel Studios’ Thor: Ragnarok!
- Changed his Physical Resistance to be permanent, but only effective against non-critical attacks
- Added an ability that gives him increased attack for each debuff active on the opponent.
- Changed his Exhaustion to only apply to his Light Attacks, but it now also decreases Power Gain effect potency
- Changed his Special Attack 2 to now apply a Concussion debuff.
- Changed his Special Attack 3 to now apply 4 Exhaustion Debuffs which also decrease opponent’s Power Gain effect potency.
- Modified his Signature Ability to also renew his Indestructible Buff periodically.
- Red Hulk no longer starts the fight with a Heat Charge
- Attacks now deal Physical Damage instead of Energy Damage for each Heat Charge active
- Red Hulk can now have a maximum of 10 Heat stacks, and no longer loses them and enters an Overheated state.
- Red Hulk now also gains Heat Charges when Blocking attacks from Mystic Champions
- Red Hulk’s Signature will also give him Incinerate Damage Resistance for each Heat Charge
- Changed his Special Attack 2 to now consume Heat Charges for a Regeneration Buff
- Red Hulk now expends 3 Heat Charges when he performs a Special Attack 3 to apply an Incinerate Debuff on the opponent.
- Fixed an issue where 5-Star Hulkbuster’s “Family” synergy was inadvertently at Level 2, instead of Level 3
- Fixed an issue where the “Nemesis” synergy was delivering a bonus less than what is displayed in game
- Fixed an issue where multi-hit attacks were triggering multiple callouts in fights against M.O.D.O.K.
- Made improvements to performance of Medium Hits missing after the opponent completes a Heavy Attack
- Made improvements to an issue where Champions would dash in instead of performing a block on the iPhone X
- Fixed an issue where Groot’s Special 2 Attack was not deactivating Thor (Ragnarok)’s Power Gain
- Fixed an audio issue with a Skill Symbiod’s Special Attack
- Fixed an issue where Rhino would not always gain an Unstoppable buff while dashing in
- Fixed an issue where Daredevil would evade the second hit in Iceman’s Special 2 Attack after being struck by the first
- Fixed an issue that prevented users on iOS devices on the T-Mobile Network from connecting via their Cellular Network
- Fixed an issues causing a crash on some older devices whenever the device received a notification
- Fixed an issue causing Angela's attack animations to be out of sync with her Hit events
X-Men: Savage Future
The Mutants of The Contest find their tentative peace shattered when an old foe begins to wreak havoc throughout the Battlerealm. As they try to control their beastial opponent, even greater dangers arrive to confront them, culminating in a warning from a distant future and decision that may drive a rift between the X-Men!
The experiments will continue! Not content with his first round of research, M.O.D.O.K. returns his Laboratory to the Battlerealm with changes in availability, rewards and difficulty! Do you have what it takes to face this challenge? PLAY NOW!
• Fixed an issue where receiving Help from your Alliance Mates could cause slowdowns in gameplay
• Fixed an issue where M.O.D.O.K. was able to trigger Parry when auto-blocking
• Fixed an issue where Scarlet Witch’s Power Steal would also steal power from herself
• Fixed an issue where Psylocke was triggering Willpower when striking an opponent with no power
• Fixed an issue with the Masochism Buff where Mordo was able to trigger his Astral Evade ability without being stunned
• Fixed an issue where Doctor Voodoo’s Power Burn was triggering Willpower when striking the opponent
• Fixed an issue where certain parts of the screen were blacked out on some Huawei Devices
• Fixed an issue where completing a fight with Morningstar’s Special 3 Attack would grant more Souls than intended
• Fixed an issue where Doctor Strange would gain Power when struck on a Power Gain node
• Added clarification to Willpower’s description
• Fixed a text issue in Mordo’s “When Stunned” ability description
• Added clarification to Red Hulk’s passive ability
• Doctor Octopus will no longer remove Resonate Debuffs on opponents with his heavy attack
New Quest - Infinity: Chaos
The Black Panther has succeeded in his quest to delay Thanos. After an epic struggle in a cosmic plane of existence, Thanos' Infinity Stones have been plucked from his Infinity Gauntlet and strewn across The Battlerealm once again, but the chaos of their arrival has led to the loss of the Stones in the possession of the Super Heroes of The Contest. Now, with a level playing field, the entire cabal of Marvel Super Heroes is in a race against time to collect the Infinity Stones before Thanos. Unfortunately for them, they are unaware of his mad machinations, and the loyal servants he has sent to stand in their way… Play this new event quest starting April 4th!
The return of the Infinity Stones to The Battlerealm has created chaotic fractures in the fabric of reality and spawned new Crystals and Crystal Shards in the process. These Chaos Rifts draw powerful objects inside them, luring Summoners to lands of untold riches. Collect Chaos Crystal Shards to stabilize the entrances to the Chaos Rifts and claim your treasure, but be wary as these unstable pocket dimensions will only remain open for a short time!
Alliance Quests Update
We will be implementing a smaller-scale refresh to the existing Alliance Quests to shake up strategies and challenges. Each map, and variation thereof if applicable, will have the Mini-Bosses and Minion enemies updated.
Sentry’s true power is based on entering different states defined by his Combo Meter. In an effort to make him more effective while putting a greater focus on skilled play, we wanted to downplay the randomness currently present in the act of entering these different states. We have increased his chance to enter 2 of his states to 100%, and doubled his chance to enter Steadfast Approach, as well as increasing his chance to proc effects from his Special 1 and 2 Attacks to 100%.
• Overpowering Light: Chance to enter with bonus increased from 30% to 100%
• Steadfast Approach: Chance to enter with bonus increased from 30% to 60%
• Absolute Strength: Chance to enter with bonus increased from 30% to 100%
• Special Attack 1: Chance for Fury Increased from 70% to 100%
• Special Attack 2: Chance to Armor Break Increased from 70% to 100%
Bug Fixes and Improvements
• Fixed an issue where restarting the game while downloading content would cause the download to start over
• Fixed an issue where while fighting or using Killmonger, a Reverberation callout will appear while not reflecting damage
• Corrected Killmonger’s Synergy description, and clarified his Special 3 Attack description
• Fixed an issue where Punisher’s Special 3 Attack Description indicated an increase of Damage instead of Attack
• Fixed an issue where blocking attacks did not cause Gambit to lose his Flak Jacket
• Fixed an issue where Mephisto’s Soul Imprisonment debuff would cancel Medusa’s Signature Ability
• Animations have been added to characters in dialogue scenes to enhance quest experience
• Improved True Strike to also bypass Auto-Block
NEW MODE - Infinity Dungeons - Available for a limited time only!
Team up with another Summoner to battle through an endless series of Rooms. Even better, they don’t have to be in your alliance! Strategize with them while in the Dungeon with the new Quick Chat feature. Each Dungeon has a unique theme depending on the day you play, including randomized Buffs on Nodes that are different every time you play.
The further you go, the harder it becomes, and the better the rewards. Once you have completed a Room, you must decide whether to push on to the next and more difficult Room, or conclude the Dungeon and collect the points and rewards you’ve earned so far. Points earn you a new currency called Dark Artifacts. Use these vessels of dark power to purchase new Infinity Dungeon Crystals containing Champions. Recruit a friend and see how far you can get! This mode will be live on April 25th at 4pm PST.
NEW QUEST - Infinity Nightmare
Thanos has won. His Infinity Gauntlet is complete, and with it he wields supreme power. Sitting atop The Battlerealm, he issues his first decree: “NO MORE GAMES. THE CONTEST OF CHAMPIONS IS OVER”. Everything grinds to a halt. His children hunt the heroes, who have taken refuge in the Astral Plane. It’s up to an uneasy alliance between M.O.D.O.K., Mephisto, and an army of freed Champions, led by Captain America and Iron Man to stop Thanos, or die trying. Help them defeat Thanos now in our new event quest beginning on May 2nd!
Trials of the Mad Titan
- The power of The Battlerealm’s Infinity Stones have spread throughout The Contest, leaving pockets of their condensed energies ripe for the picking.
- Cut your teeth on foes infused with the power of the Stones each day, and then collect Boosts that will temporarily give you access to the unique powers offered by each Gem!
- Combine these boosts on the final day each week to take on powerful enemies in the Trial of Omniscience, where the greatest rewards and most dangerous enemies lie!
Earn Infinity Dust throughout The Contest to spend in the store on items like Catalysts, Crystal Shards and more!
Vanquishing Blows are returning to The Contest for a limited time, challenging Summoners to defeat their opponents using light attacks, a level 3 Special Attack, or utilizing other specific strategies in order to gain rewards including Infinity Dust! Look for these events later in May!
Alliance Wars Season 2
After a successful first season, we’re back with Alliance Wars Season 2! Several nodes have been updated in the Expert difficulty map to create more variety in encounters, as well as make defender placement decisions have more impact and value. More information on these will be available soon.
Bug Fixes and Improvements
- Fixed an issue where Mordo’s Astral Evade Passive Ability was able to be suppressed by Ability Accuracy reduction
- Fixed an issue with Morningstar’s Synergy with Guillotine that allowed her to receive more Souls than intended
- Removed the Recoil Damage on Blackbolt’s Special 2 Attack
- Reworded the Mastery Description of Recoil to accurately reflect the Bonus Damage that it inflicts on the opponent
- Fixed an issue with Thanos’ Special 2 Attack description. It now correctly calls out that it does True Damage
- Updated in fight icons for Iceman's Coldsnap and Ice Armor abilities
- Extended the length of Captain Marvel's Special 2 animation to make it safe to chain into from a combo
- Fixed an issue where the opponent would recover from Bishops Sp2 before the end of the animation
Thank you to everyone that has spent time to report technical issues as of late. Thanks to all of your assistance, we have prepared a new build to address a number of issues that arose after the launch of 18.0. This release is Version 18.0.1, and is will be available on Android soon. The iOS Version will follow once it is approved, which may take longer than the Android version. We have really appreciated all of the detailed reports and screenshots everyone has provided!
- Fixed an issue where data could become corrupted and result in a connection error in game
- Fixed an issue where your Infinity Dungeon session might end prematurely when your Alliance War Placement or Attack Phase ends
- Fixed an issue where Special Attacks were able to be interrupted
- Fixed an issue where icons for Items in the store were not matching up with the names of those Items
- Fixed an issue where a User's Dungeon team would overwrite their last used Story/Event Quest team
- Addressed delays in Chat
- Fixed an issue where the Chat History from one Friend was displayed on the User's window when opening a Chat with a different Friend
- Various Crash fixes
We have some more additions to the Release Notes above to add to the list:
- Addressed an exploitable loop with Quake
- Fixed an issue that caused a delay on placing a debuff after Void's Special 1 attack
These are server side fixes, and do not require an update to 18.0.1 to take effect.
Masacre and the Mercs for Money - Starts June 6th
Thanos has been defeated, but the price paid was high. With the Grandmaster stripped of much of his power and missing, The Contest of Champions is a rudderless ship. Many groups fight over control, with others trying to keep the peace. Still more find work as mercenaries, using the chaos as way to make a quick buck in The Battlerealm, or gain notoriety for themselves. Amidst the chaos, Cable calls on you to help him find an old friend investigating a rise of organized crime in The Contest. Little do they know, things are about to get confusing…
Assassin Assignments and Merc Missions - Start June 6th
With The Battlerealm in disarray, the legendary mutant mercenary Domino has opened a new business to hunt down the biggest and the baddest, and she needs your help to get the most lucrative scores! Domino will have a steady stream of Assassin Assignment quests to complete, and if you impress her enough on one of those, she may even give you and your whole Alliance a bigger contract: Merc Missions. Explore as many Assassin Assignments as you can to earn your chance at Merc Mission quests, and make your name as the most prolific Merc in The Battlerealm!
EU General Data Protection Regulation
Added a new pop-up when booting up for users in the European Union and Great Britain to adhere to the new EU GDPR Guidelines and Regulations.
Bug Fixes and Improvements
• Fixed an issue where Champions could not Block following an Evade
• Fixed an issue where the second hit in Proxima Midnight’s Special 2 Attack would occasionally miss after making contact with the first
• Fixed an issue where Gambit was being recognized as a Villain
• Fixed an issue where the first attack in Sentinel’s Special 1 Attack was not acting as a projectile
• Fixed an issue where Archangel's Stuns from Neurotoxin were not acting as a Debuff
• Fixed an issue where Champions could Auto-Block and Attack at the same time
• Fixed an exploit where Dormammu could continuously perform heavy attacks against an opponent against the wall
• Fixed an issue that caused some Champions to become unresponsive following receiving a Special 3 Attack while blocking
• Fixed an animation issue with Thor (Ragnarok) and Medusa’s Autoblock abilities
• Fixed an animation issue where Magneto would disappear from the screen during his Special 2 Attack
• Fixed an animation issue where Thor and Captain America’s thrown projectiles would occasionally not return to them.
• Text corrections and clarifications for Iron Man (Infinity War) and Thanos (Infinity War)
NEW QUEST: Return to the Micro-Realm
With The Battlerealm still in disarray, and the situation only worsening by the actions of thoughtless criminals like the Black ISO Mafia, the Super Heroes of The Contest have spread themselves far and wide to stomp out villainous activity before it can grow to maturity. Returning to the Micro-Realm for an investigation, Ant-Man and The Wasp find a mysterious excavation effort, headed up by the Micro Adaptoids, to collect all the remaining condensed ISO-8 used long ago to create the Genesis Stone. Fighting their way through the legions of tiny opponents, they track down the perpetrator: Ghost! But who is she working for?
NEW CONTENT: Micro-Realms
Micro-Realms appear! Shrink yourself down with new Pym Particle Disks to gain access to the Micro-Realm and explore for exciting rewards!
• Progress as far as you can and earn the best and most useful Rewards for your Alliance, from the highest Milestone you’ve reached with the new Peak Milestone Rewards system!
• Want to know what Buffs and Debuffs are active in your current fight? Tap the Pause button to see more detailed info about which ones you and your opponent currently have
• Tap Smart Select on the Champion Upgrade screen to automatically choose the most efficient ISO-8 to level up your Champion, starting with Class Bonus items
• We’ve made significant adjustments to Alliance Quest Maps 1 through 4 to get new Alliances into the action faster. These changes will make it easier for new Alliances to coordinate and play together.
• We’ve made the distinction between different Reward Brackets clearer in Alliance Wars, so you can easily tell where your Alliance will land, and what you could receive
• Changed the appearance of the Concussion Icon to be unique, as it was also being used by other Debuffs
Bug Fixes and Improvements
• Fixed an issue where the highlight around power bars would remain after using a Special 3 Attack
• Ghost Rider’s Damnation will now remove Sabretooth’s Regeneration
• Fixed an issue where Red Hulk would not gain a Heat Charge when purifying the Poison from the Liquid Courage Mastery
• Fixed an issue where AI would freeze during a fight and become unresponsive until hit by the player
• Fixed an issue where Bishop’s Prowess Buffs would not be consumed if his Special Attack is blocked
• Fixed an issue where some Champions could start a new Combination against an Opponent that has been knocked down
• Fixed an issue where the Skill Sentinel was able to purify an Armor Shattered Debuff
• Fixed a text issue with Domino’s Synergy with Cable that stated that the Synergy applies to all Champions on the Team
• Fixed an issue with Masacre’s “Mercs for Money” Synergy Description where it did not state he also started the fight with 1-5 Ignition Charges
• Fixed an issue where Masacre’s “Playing with Fire” Synergy Description incorrectly implied that blocked attacks will also apply Incinerate
• Fixed an issue with Rogue where it was sometimes not possible to chain from a Combo into her Special 1 Attack
• Fixed an issue where some Champions would miss with their first light attack in a combo
• Doctor Strange’s Hoggath’s Wisdom will no longer appear as a buff. It will now appear as a Passive.
• Fixed an issue where Thor (Jane Foster) was incorrectly tagged as a “Large” Champion, instead of “Small”
• Fixed an issue where Thor (Ragnarok) was incorrectly tagged as a “Medium” Champion, instead of “Large”
• Removed “Civil War” tags from Champions
NEW QUESTS: ENTER THE CABAL
The power vacuum created by Thanos’ defeat lingers still. Despite their best efforts, the Super Heroes of The Contest, led by the survivors of the Infinity War, have been unable to keep a handle on crime sweeping The Battlerealm. Ordinarily petty criminals have become more coordinated, excavating large parts of The Battlerealm in search of something. It doesn’t take long for the culprit to be revealed: The Red Skull has emerged as the leader of The Cabal, The Dark Illuminati. A collection of malevolent super-geniuses who have taken over control of the Black-ISO Mafia and other criminal organizations in The Battlerealm. The Super Heroes of The Contest must uncover Red Skull’s plans with the help of the gatekeeper of the Bifrost, Heimdall, and innocent bystanders Korg and Miek, but their discoveries only raise more questions, and suggest the worst is yet to come…
GWENPOOL GOES TO THE MOVIES
Join Gwenpool for a walk down memory lane as you re-experience the chills and thrills of the many cinematic adventures of the Champions… even if they don’t necessarily remember the events in question happening as movies.
Dungeons make their return from August 20th to September 3rd, with a number of improvements:
• Early Exit - If you or your co-op partner quits, the remaining player won’t be stuck in the Dungeon and will still be able to finish the Room they’re currently in and earn its rewards
• Dungeon fights now reward XP
• A new Dungeon store is available containing Dungeon-specific Potions, Revives, and new Dungeon Crystals
• A new difficulty to add more granularity for all Summoners
• Updated rewards, buffs, and bosses!
BUG FIXES AND IMPROVEMENTS
• Fixed an issue where Rhino’s Unstoppable was not interacting with Ability Accuracy modification
• Improved Gamora’s ability to chain into a Special 1 Attack after ending a Combination
• Fixed an Issue where Masacre’s info page was not displaying his information correctly
• Fixed an issue where Champions would get hit when evading a Multi-Hit attack
• Fixed an issue where Mordo’s Block visual effects would remain on screen when no longer blocking
• Fixed a visual issue where Iron Man (Infinity War) would display an Autoblock callout after receiving a Special 3 Attack
• Fixed an issue where Domino’s Ability Accuracy reduction could affect abilities that trigger at the start of a fight
• Added text to Domino’s info page to clarify that attacks made with her Blasters are projectile attacks
• Added clarity to Wasp’s info page regarding which attack combos will trigger her Heavy Attack abilities
• Fixed a text issue in Taskmaster and Domino’s synergy
• Added Clarity to Blade’s Danger Sense description to specify that it will ignore Dimensional Beings’ Immunities
• When a Champion with the ability to land a critical hit into a block does so, it will now display a “Critical” callout
• Archangel’s Stun on Expiry of Neurotoxin will no longer trigger Black Panther (Civil War)’s Reflect Stun when attacking him while the Stun activates
19.1.1 is a small release to help determine the cause of a problem that occurs in the tutorial for a new player. It is not a necessary update for any of our players that are not starting a new Account.
X-Men: Class Omega
Though the Cabal’s emergence has given criminals a place to call home, numerous other factions and groups are looking for a banner under which to unite. In order to rally mutantkind to a singular cause, the telepath Emma Frost has appeared with the illustrious Omega Institute, designed to bring out the true potential in mutants.
So far so good, but Beast and Bishop have some reservations given Frost's checkered history and want to get a closer look. Is this just a school for helping the mutants, or is there something more under the surface? Join their investigation to see what is lingering inside of the Omega Academy.
Summoners who are up to the task can now participate in Danger Rooms. Prove your skills each day with new Champion Requirements which will modify what Champions you’re allowed to bring into a quest. Can you win the fights before you with a team of a single class? Earn Passes throughout the week to enter the UNCANNY Danger Room on the final day and earn much greater rewards.
Alliance Quest Season 5
Dormammu’s Dominion ends, and Kingpin’s Conclave takes its place! Major improvements have been made to the Alliance Quest. Read all about them here.
- Alliance Leadership can now select the number of Battlegroups they wish to play at the start of each Alliance Quest.
- Battlegroup Map choice allows different Battlegroups to play different Alliance Quest Maps, so Alliances with different types of players can still enjoy Alliance Quests together!
- Each Map now has a cost per Battlegroup instead of a total cost for 3 Battlegroups to better facilitate different Map choices for different Battlegroups!
- Randomized Buffed enemies keep things fresh from week-to-week. In order to keep the playing field level, all Alliances will see the same randomization as all other Alliances, and any randomized enemy will no longer be hidden on the Map to allow you to plan your Alliance Quest team!
- In addition to randomized enemies, all-new encounters across all Maps will shake things up alongside an all new boss: Kingpin!
- New difficulty scaling raises the ceiling on difficulty for the most powerful Alliances, but also yield more points to coincide with the addition of new Peak Milestones
- New Season 5 Map Crystals offer increased rewards for Summoners’ efforts!
- More Tier 2 Alpha availability in Ranked rewards will allow Summoners to Rank Up their top Champions more quickly!
- Introducing Champion Requirements: Quests can now have specific requirements that denote what Champions a player must bring in order to access the content
- These can be tagged by Class, Rarity, Type, etc.
- Check out the X-Men: Danger Room Event for the first example of this!
- You can now scroll on Rewards Screens, allowing us to display more Rewards!
- Mystic Dispersion now only triggers when a Buff on the Opponent is Nullified or Expires (specifically meaning the Buff lasts its full duration).
- Dexterity no longer triggers a Precision Buff if one is already active. The Precision Buff now converts to one with a short duration after landing a hit. The length of the duration scales depending on how many ranks are active in Dexterity.
- Made adjustments to Domino's double hit Medium Attack to prevent Champions from releasing their block too early, bringing it in line with other Champions' double hit attacks.
- Improved Red Skull’s ability to successfully land his Sp2 after finishing a combo with a Medium attack
- Fixed an issue where Ghost would not gain a Precision buff from her Sp1 if her attack was blocked or didn’t make contact.
- Improved Domino’s ability to successfully land her Sp2 after finishing a combo with a Medium attack
- Fixed an issue where Hela would lose Temporary Fury effects faster than intended when decreasing from 7 stacks to 3 stacks
- Clarified Heimdall’s Synergies by adding text to correctly label which are Unique Synergies
- Fixed an issue where Rogue and Loki were not able to “Steal” Heimdall’s Aptitude Buff
- Spider-Man (Classic) has been added to Doctor Octopus’s Nemesis Synergy
- Added text to Hulk’s Ability Description to Clarify that only Fury Buffs increase his Stun Duration
Version 20.0.1 is a Hot Fix release that addresses a possible infinite load issue during the tutorial of the game. This is not a required update for any existing players, and will only affect new players.
Version 20.0.2 is a Hot Fix release that improves our ability to track down login issues when they are reported.
Blood and Venom: Symbiomancer
Doctor Strange has not been seen since the events of the Infinity War left him without his mystical powers. Guillotine has not been seen since well before then. The Battlerealm has been unusually quiet, with whispers of a stirring presence emerging in the darkness of the unknown regions… The mysterious force doesn’t take long to show itself: A Sorcerer Supreme from a different dimension seeking more power and with far less prudence opened their prison and willingly bonded with a Symbiote, imprisoned long ago in the Forbidden Territories by The Grandmaster. Help Guillotine, Doctor Strange, and unlikely ally Venom take down the Symbiotic Sorcerer in BLOOD AND VENOM: SYMBIOMANCER!
Dark experiments in symbiote evolution fused with forbidden magics have paved the way to the great power wielded by the Symbiote Supreme. Now, the foul magister has created several bases from which he plans to expand his dark influence over The Battlerealm. Dismantle his evil establishments and the corrupt denizens, but beware the multitude of unpredictable buffs that he will use to oppose you! The power of the Randomizer will allow you a chance to re-roll buffs on your opponents, but be wary you do not make them stronger!
My Little Symbiote
Trailing the symbiote invasion, a horrifying new group of creatures has invaded The Contest! The Grandmaster has tasked Summoners with the role of caretaker for these Summoned Symbioids. While initially humble, Summoners who track down limited Klyntar Katalysts in the Blood and Venom: Symbiomancer quest will find great potential in the creatures. Additionally, Klyntar Strands found in the Occult Laboratory and Symbiomancer quests can be used to purchase special Boost items called “Enhancements.” These Enhancements will temporarily transform the Symbioid into a formidable opponent, allowing Summoners potential to tackle harder quest difficulty. These Enhancements will ONLY be active when in the Blood and Venom: Symbiomancer quest. To highlight the Summoned Symbioid’s potential, we will temporarily be adding a Symbiote difficulty level to the monthly event quest, where we will test your usage of the Summoned Symbioid’s unique powers against fights built specifically with its boosts in mind!
Be forewarned: The power of both the Summoned Symbioid and the Enhancements is limited. Come the end of the event, the Enhancements will vanish, and the Symbioid will return to parts unknown! Summoners who add the Summoned Symbioid to their team will be granted the special title ‘Hospitable Host.’ Prepare yourself; the Symbioids are on their way!
Bug Fixes and Improvements:
- Fixed an issue where Champions would get stuck mid-animation, and remain that way
- Fixed an issue where Mystic Dispersion was not properly being affected by Ability Accuracy Reduction
- Various performance and stability improvements
Character Fixes and Improvements:
- Fixed an issue where her Signature Ability was not properly preventing enemy Nullify effects
- Fixed an issue where Angela’s Aptitude Buff would show an incorrect icon on the Pause Menu if she had 2 or more Stacks of it
- Increased Base Attack, Health, and Block Proficiency. (Note increasing his Base Attack increases the potency of all of his Fury Buffs as well)
- Increased Bleed length and Damage on Heavy attack Bleed Debuff
- Increased Bleed length and Damage on his Special 3 attack Bleed Debuff
- New Ability: Each time Carnage triggers a Bleed Debuff, he has a chance to Refresh the Duration of all other active Bleed Debuffs. If one of his Bleed Debuffs fails due to an Immunity, he places an Armor Break instead
- New Ability: Carnage gains increased Power Rate when striking the Opponent. The potency of this ability decreases per Mutation Buff he has active
- Updated Signature Ability: Carnage gains a Power Gain Buff as long as the Opponent is suffering from a Bleed or Armor Break. The amount of Power gained increases when Carnage is close to his Opponent
- Fixed an issue where a callout for Power Gain would repeatedly display
Fixed an issue where Doctor Strange’s Counterspell was not removing all Buff Types
- Fixed an issue where Doctor Voodoo was not triggering Mystic Dispersion when converting Loas with his Special 2 Attack
- Fixed an Issue where Emma Frost was not immune to Coldsnap while in her Diamond Form
- Fixed an issue where Emma Frost's Heavy Attack range was larger than it should be
- When Unstoppable, if Juggernaut is Stunned, Juggernaut will remove the Stun Debuff and apply his Heavy Attack Stagger debuff to the Opponent.
- The chance to apply a Stagger from Juggernaut’s Heavy Attack has been increased from 90% to 100%
- Fixed an issue where King Groot’s Poison inflicted from his Special 2 Attack was not scaling correctly with his modified Attack Rating
- Fixed an issue where Nightcrawler was able to apply his Deep Wounds Bleed on Korg
- Fixed an issue where the expiry of her Signature Ability Fury Buffs was only triggering Mystic Dispersion once, regardless of the number of Buffs expiring. (Note: She still does not trigger Mystic Dispersion if those Buffs are consumed to trigger her Autoblock)
- Fixed an issue where Rhino’s Unblockable text would only appear against XL Champions. The Unblockable callout will also now appear when Rhino starts his Dash attack, and not right before he makes contact
- Fixed an issue where 5-Star She-Hulk’s Signature Ability was providing a positive effect to the opponent, as opposed to the stated negative effect.
Thor (Jane Foster):
- Fixed an issue where Thor (Jane Foster) was indefinitely able to charge her Heavy Attack.
- Venom now has a continuous Klyntar Mutation Buff that refreshes itself every 9 seconds and lasts 9 seconds. This Buff increases his attack
- Each time this Mutation Buff activates, Venom gains one of his Genetic Memory Buffs.
- Maximum number of Genetic Memory Buffs allowed has increased from 5 to 8.
- Genetic Memory Buffs have all been increased in strength.
- Resist Physical 11% Damage Reduction. Now 15%
- Armor Up 7% Damage Reduction. Now 10%
- Critical Damage 53%. Now 70%
- Critical Chance 19%. Now 20%
- Fury 11% Attack. Now 15%.
- The Klyntar Mutation Buff provides additional bonuses to Venom if the opponent is a Hero Champion, a Tech Champion or a Spider-Verse Champion
- Heavy Attacks now cause Armor Break and randomize the most recent Genetic Memory Buff that Venom has gained
- 80% chance to inflict Bleed on Critical Hits
- Potency of Bleed increased from 45% of attack rating to 75% of attack rating
- While the opponent is below 18% health, Venom's attacks gain True Strike and his Special Attacks become Unblockable
- Special 1: Each strike has a 55% chance to steal an opponent Buff, healing Venom for a small amount and causing him to gain a Genetic Memory Buff
- Special 2: All Genetic Memory Buffs are converted into Fury Buffs
- Special 3: Gains increased damage for each Buff on Venom
- Signature: Now allows Venom to start the fight with 2 Genetic Memory Buffs, as well as a chance to begin with a third. Signature also increases the Potency of all Genetic Memory Buffs
- Synergies: More Champions added to each synergy
- New Unique Synergy with Vulture and Green Goblin - Arachnid Hunters: Venom gains +1 Max Genetic Memory Buff Cap, Vulture gains +2000 Armor vs. Special Attacks while an Armor Up Buff is active, Green Goblin gains +1% Attack for each Cunning and Madness charge
Version 20.1.1 is a Hot Fix release that resolves an issue with the tutorial for new players. This update also addresses an issue specifically for players on Android 9 using Google Play accounts that would see an indefinite loading screen upon losing connection during a loading screen.
BRAWL IN THE BATTLEREALM
It’s a royal rumble without compare in The Contest when the Grandmaster suddenly re-emerges and invites any and all contenders to take on his mightiest fighter in single combat. Amidst the showmanship and boasting, the Collector reveals himself to the Summoner and Heroes with a warning: As is often the case with the Greatest Gamesman, all is not as it seems with his challenge. Finding themselves once more warily allied with the Collector, the Elder regales them with a story of how this threatening brawler came to be. Together, they seek a single fighter capable of assisting the Summoner in trouncing the Grandmaster’s gladiator: The original victor of THE CONTEST OF CHAMPIONS.
It’s a no-holds-barred beatdown when ÆGON and THE CHAMPION square off in BRAWL IN THE BATTLEREALM!
BACK ISSUES #1 - ULTRON’S ASSAULT - Coming Later in November!
Take a trip back in time and relive one of The Contest’s earliest stories in this first edition of BACK ISSUES! Ultron and his drones have mobilized, and have begun to transform The Battlerealm into a mechanical wasteland to purge all organic life. At the Collector’s behest, you must team up with the Avengers and put a stop to his maniacal plan! BACK ISSUES will allow you to experience classic quests in one of two types: CLASSIC and VARIANT. CLASSIC will be an experience largely unchanged from the quest in its original format, while VARIANT is built for only the mightiest Summoners!
THE CHAMPION’S CLASH
Come one, come all! In this new and totally original (and not stolen) Quest designed by one of the smartest minds in The Contest: The Champion! Battle your way through this gauntlet style quest where you’ll fight paths of 5 foes and fight the ultimate competitor at the end. None other than The Champion!
Take a swing through this variation of the regular Champion Challenge featuring the new EPIC difficulty, which requires Summoners to fight the gauntlet from start to finish.
Dungeons resume November 19th with new features and improvements:
• Friend Progression - Complete Dungeon Rooms with friends or Alliance members to increase your Friendship Levels and earn Friendship Bonus Rewards!
- Additionally, complete rooms via Matchmaking to earn a Matchmaking Bonus Reward!
• Rematch - Summoners now have the ability to return to the Dungeon Lobby with the same partner after concluding a Dungeon.
• Point Multiplier - Summoners can redeem a Boost to increase the Dungeon Points they get through each run.
• Clearer Reward Tiers - Moving away from hidden Prestige Ratings by implementing a system where Reward Tiers and Milestones are based on having the necessary number of Champions of a certain Star Rating.
• More information to come!
Summoners now have the ability to customize their Profile Pic!
• Set your Profile Pic to be any Champion that you own.
• You can buy new Premium Profile Pics from the Store, which feature the heroic weapons, unique items and characters of The Contest.
• You can continue to demonstrate your strength by using your Profile Pic to display your top Champion!
STORY MODE PROGRESSION
To acknowledge the Summoners of The Contest who have progressed through our epic stories, we are adding new Titles for those who are able to complete Act 2, Act 3, and Act 4.
Summoners who have already achieved these goals will be granted their Titles near the end of the month. Like becoming Uncollected, these Titles grant their bearers improved Daily and 4-Hour Crystals. Watch for the titles and new Crystals in game in the coming weeks.
BUG FIXES AND IMPROVEMENTS
Updated HUD responsiveness when switching between stances.
Fixed an issue where Ghost Rider was able to have Permanent Life Steal when affected by Ability Accuracy Reduction.
Fixed an issue where multiple stacks of Coldsnap will all expire when the first expires
Now has a separate icon for his Reverberation Cooldown.
Fixed Killmonger’s Indestructible Charges to correctly interact with Ability Accuracy.
Fixed an issue where Autoblock was not consuming 3 Fury Buffs on activation
Will now gain power when affected by another Mephisto’s Aura of Incineration.
Resolved issue where Sentinel’s Signature was not increasing in potency on some Android Devices.
Fixed an issue where Venom was not immune to Power Burn and Power Drain.
Fixed an issue where Venom’s Klyntar Buff was not inhibiting evades.
Fixed an issue where the Wisdom Mastery was not increasing the amount of Experience gained from moving over a node in Quests
OTHER FIXES AND IMPROVEMENTS
- The Wisdom Mastery will now correctly give its flat bonus XP for each Quest Tile that gives XP when travelled over.
- Improved an issue with the animation of Jump-Kick Medium 2 Attacks that Champions like Spider-Man share.
- Fixed an issue where Requesting Help in Arena, then entering a Dungeon, would require Help to be requested for those Champions again
- Fixed an issue where Champions selected for Dungeons would change after a disconnection
- Fixed an issue where Alliance Quest exploration percentages were not displaying correctly
- Fixed an issue where Defenders in Alliance Wars are not correctly displaying their PI
- Fixed an issue where some devices would receive a notification that the game has stopped working when not in-game
NIGHT RIDERS QUEST
The CABAL, still reeling from their earlier defeats and setbacks, lead a surprise attack on Avengers HQ to catch the Super Heroes of The Contest unaware. As the Avengers begin a counterattack against their foes, the clever NIGHT THRASHER and his ally DARKHAWK realize the truth: The attack is a smokescreen, meant to distract the heroes from some greater concern! Travel to a hidden Cabal facility to uncover the truth. Within the belly of the beast, NIGHT THRASHER finds answers, but they only lead to more questions…
NEW DAILY QUEST: CHILLED CHALLENGES - Coming Mid Month
Night Thrasher has uncovered some of The Battlerealm's secret areas, locked away behind walls of ice. Explore treasure filled Realms will require the assistance of a NIGHT THRASHER GADGET to stay warm. But beware Summoners! These gadgets aren't foolproof and will overheat after some time. You'll need a new one for each Quest Entry. Brave the cold and frozen foes and get rewarded while you can! More information will be released closer to the release date.
THE CONTEST TURNS FOUR!
A special Event Calendar, and more surprises await you as we celebrate four fantastic years of The Contest! Take advantage of Halls of Healing and Halls of Fortune to gather valuable resources! New Titles will be granted to Summoners according to how long they’ve been battling in The Contest! All this and more awaits you in December! Stay tuned for more information soon!
ALLIANCE QUEST MAP 6 FACELIFT! - Coming Mid Month
With 2 new Mini-Bosses, Mephisto and Yondu, and entirely new enemies throughout, Map 6 is sure to challenge the best Summoners once again! On top of the updated encounters, enemy power will now scale infinitely to match your Alliance’s own strength. Stronger enemies mean more Points, which means new Milestones to earn, and an updated Map 6 Crystal! More information will be released next week.
BUG FIXES AND IMPROVEMENTS
ÆGON: Now correctly only has one arm in Menus and Quest Dialogue.
HULK (RAGNAROK): Fixed a visual error in the “Face Me” ability description where it was displaying a regeneration of 0.7% instead of 70%.
JUGGERNAUT: Fixed issue so that Juggernaut can no long have 2+ Unstoppable Buffs active.
MASACRE: Fixed issue where Disoriented Ability was showing up with wrong text.
MEDUSA: Added a slight slide to Heavy Attack when performed against Opponent’s wall.
Fixed an issue where Medusa could gain a fury and Auto-Block the next hit.
MEPHISTO: Fixed an issue where Mephisto could survive a killing blow once per fight if Ability Accuracy stopped his Regeneration from triggering.
OMEGA RED: Added text to Info Page to specify that Death Spores and Death Field damage is scaled off Base Attack.
VENOM: Fixed an issue where Venom’s Nemesis Synergy with Spider-Man (Classic) and Spider-Man (Miles Morales) was duplicated.
- Fixed an issue where Boosts that increased a Classes' Special Attack Damage by 5%/8%/12% were not working.
- Fixed an issue where some game text would be replaced by a string of text starting with “MS_ID_”.
- Fixed an issue where some Profile Pics will show as a Question Mark in the Alliance Help menu.
- Fixed an issue where Alliance Member Profile Pics will show as a Player’s own Profile Pic instead of their own.
- Tier 4 Class Catalyst Trade-In Crystals will now be locked to Summoners that have achieved the designation of Conqueror or Uncollected.
The 21.1.1 release is a hotfix designed to address the performance issues Summoners have been experiencing in encounters with Darkhawk.
Version 21.2 is coming your way within the next 24 hours! Here’s what to expect:
THIS MAN… THIS MONSTER!
The Cabal’s Beacon has brought SILVER SURFER into The Battlerealm and NIGHT THRASHER has been pulled into the Cosmic Herald’s quest to locate THE FANTASTIC FOUR. Word of the Surfer’s appearance, and subsequent hunt for the Fantastic Four, has caused foes old and new to resurface with more sinister goals in mind. The diabolical DIABLO has plans to close in on the Summoner, Night Thrasher, and Silver Surfer! However, this terrific team may find relief in a stalwart and mighty ally, THING!
NEW SHOCK INTERACTIONS
THOR (JANE FOSTER):
Reduces Shock Damage by 70%
Reduces Shock Damage by 40%
Reduces Shock Duration by 40%
Nebula can shrug off up to 3 Shock Debuffs in a fight
Nebula gains 5 Electroshock charges for each Shock Debuff shrugged off.
Electro takes 0 damage from Shock effects.
Each active Shock effect grants Electro +20% Attack, +15% Static Shock damage, and +15% Energy Resistance.
Enemy Shock effects gain +75% Ability Accuracy and duration.
Storm receives up to 60% Shock Resistance based on Stored Power.
While suffering from a Shock Debuff, her Special Damage is increased by 30%.
• HEIMDALL: Will now have FAILED callout if he stopped his opponent from Evading or Auto-blocking.
• CAPTAIN AMERICA (INFINITY WAR): Fixed a display issue where his abilities read that he had a 9900% chance to Nullify Unstoppable Buffs instead of 100%.
• Fixed an issue where Persistent Charges were not displaying.
• Fixed an issue where it was not possible to place Mastery Points into Scouter Lens
• Fixed issues where THE CHAMPION, EMMA FROST, THOR (RAGNAROK), and KILLMONGER had visual effects which were not functioning correctly.
EDIT: Edited to Clarify that the effects for The Champion, Emma Frost, Thor (Ragnarok) and Killmonger that were fixed were only Visual Effects.
EDIT 2: Edited to Clarify the Shock Duration and Shock Damage changes for Thor (Ragnarok), Thor (Jane Foster), and Thor are for Shocks that they receive, and not for Shocks that they inflict. Thor and Thor (Jane Foster) will take less damage from a Shock Debuff, and Thor (Ragnarok) will shorten the duration of a Shock debuff that he receives.
EDIT 3: Added information on "This Man... This Monster" event quest.
v21.3 will be available on February 6th! Read on to learn about this exciting update!
A new and dangerous illness has swept over the mutants of The Battlerealm, and the X-Men must align themselves with the Brotherhood to hunt down the source. When all signs point to the return of Mister Sinister, relationships become strained as Cyclops and his brother Havok abandon their allies to join Mister Sinister’s mysterious plan. Can the Summers brothers be saved from the nefarious Mister Sinister and his despicable experiments?
Take on the most challenging Alliance Quest Map to date! Alliance Quest Map 7 features more difficult challenges for each and every participant - challenges that will change every week. Random Global Buffs will change who you choose to do battle with, while shifting paths will force you and your Battlegroup to coordinate effectively. Make it through Map 7 and you’ll earn more Points than ever before, a new Map 7 Crystal featuring Tier 5 Basic Catalysts and more!
To compliment the arrival of Map 7, some changes have been made to other Alliance Quest Maps and Rewards. Alliance Quest Map 4 is now FREE to play, and Maps 5 and 6 are now less costly to participate in. New Random Global Buffs will also feature across Maps 2-6 - choose your team wisely to take advantage! In addition to these changes, the Glory Store will have some item costs reduced, new Milestones will be added, existing Milestones will have Map 7 Crystals added to them, and Ranked Rewards will feature more Tier 2 Alpha availability and the inclusion of Tier 5 Basic Fragments!
Map 7 and these changes will not be in effect until February 16th. Stay tuned for more information!
ALLIANCE WAR MATCHMAKING UPDATE
A brand new Alliance War matchmaking system is in place! Alliances that want to participate in Alliance Wars will have to Enlist to a war during the Opt-In phase, and will be matched against another Alliance at the end of this period. The Opt-In phases begin at 3:00PM PST on Sunday, Wednesday and Friday. Wars will kick off starting at 11:00AM PST on Wednesday, Friday and Sunday. Matches will be given out over the course of 4 hours, followed by 20 hours of Defense Placement and you will have 24 hours to complete your Attack Phase. This system will ensure that you’re getting the best possible matches for your Alliance’s strengths and ensure that you are given a match if you are opted-in!
BUG FIXES AND IMPROVEMENTS
• DARKHAWK: Fixed an issue where the Birds Of Prey Synergy was not providing a bonus
• DARKHAWK: Autoblock will now trigger the Parry Mastery
• GHOST RIDER: Info Page listings for Bleed, Damnation and Fate Seal have been corrected to match in-game duration
• GWENPOOL: Teammates Synergy is now correctly activated with Spider-Man (Miles Morales)
• HELA: Special 2 Armor Break now correctly tagged as a Debuff
• SCARLET WITCH: Fixed an issue where ‘Weakness’ was not applying a weakness
• SPIDER-GWEN: Spider-Gwen's Special 1 Attack has been completely re-animated, and will now strike the opponent
• VENOMPOOL: Static Shock ability will now correctly deal Energy Damage
• VULTURE: Fixed issues regarding Armor Up (Chitauri Armor) interaction with Hela’s Armor Shattered and Mephisto’s Soul Prison
• Fixed an issue where Summoners Level 40+ could not have more than two Tier 5 Basic Catalysts inventory items
• Summoners can now Unblock other Summoners in their Social Hub if the Blocked Summoner had changed their name
• Fixed an issue where you could not Duel a Summoner with a default Profile Pic
• Fixed an issue where the Vigor Node on Wolverine (X-23) in Act 5 Chapter 4, Quest 6 was applied incorrectly and did not affect the fight
• Summoners will no longer continue to take damage when a match timer expires
• Custom Art will now be used to differentiate each Battlegroup depending on the Map chosen
• Performance and Connectivity improvements
v22.0 will be available March 6th! Read on to learn about this exciting update!
BATTLEREALM: UNDER SIEGE
With fears of a clandestine SKRULL invasion, CAPTAIN MARVEL reaches out to the Summoners of The Contest, hoping to unveil the shape-shifting aliens and a put a stop to their plans. Entering the FORBIDDEN TERRITORIES, they find another version of Carol Danvers, a CAPTAIN MARVEL of another universe, who has lost her memories upon entering The Battlerealm and brims with cosmic power. With the help of NICK FURY, the three must trust each other to uncover the true threat lurking beneath the surface.
NICK FURY’S RECON INITIATIVE
Fury is looking for a group of remarkable Summoners to infiltrate The Battlerealm as his eyes and ears. Gather INTEL by taking specifically Tagged Champions through weekly Quests. Each week a new team will have to be assembled!
Three Champions have had major updates to keep up with the ever growing challenge of The Contest.
• New Fury Passives to grant much higher damage output
• New “Slow” Debuff to prevent Unstoppable and Evade abilities from activating
• Re-balanced Special Attack effects with greater utility
• New and updated Synergies
• New Trap Spider and Hunter Spider Passive Effects to increase damage output and lower the opponent's Power Gain rate
• Overhauled Evade mechanic that becomes stronger against Unblockable Special Attacks while also providing an Attack boost
• Re-balanced Special Attack effects with greater utility
• New and updated Synergies
• Can now stack Fury and Cruelty Buffs by landing light and heavy attacks
• New Cruelty and Fury Buffs can be refreshed with a Heavy Attack to create increasing damage potential
• Re-balanced Signature Ability that can be re-used during the fight
• Re-balanced Special Attack effects with greater utility
• New and updated Synergies
• Find your next great Alliance with the new Alliance Auto-Join feature! The search system automatically tries to find you an active Alliance that suits you
• New format and updated content for How-To-Play modules, which can be accessed by tapping on a question mark icon in certain screens
Profile Views from Alliance War Map
• You are now able to access the Defender’s Summoner profile directly from the Map by tapping on the icon beside the Defender’s alias
Story Mode Progression Visualization
• A new progress bar on the Story Quests’ screen to indicate progression towards the next Milestone
• Tapping on the progress bar will open a popup with info about all of the Milestones, including how to complete them, the rewards, and more
New Story Mode Milestones
• For new Summoners, Complete Act 1 Chapter 4 to earn a new Title CHALLENGER (Players who have previously completed this content will be receiving their Title in the coming weeks)
• Diablo - Fixed an issue where Diablo could gain additional Potion Stacks, even after losing a fight
• Iron Fist - Signature Ability description provides increased detail regarding Armor Breaks duration
• Loki and Rogue - Now able to steal or replicate Heimdall’s Aptitude Buff
• Ronan - Clarified his Special Attack ability description to indicate he can convert Fury Buffs to Weaknesses, not all Fury Effects
• Thing - Added Armor Shatter Immunity info to Ability page
• Fixed an issue where some Ambushes were causing the game to crash for some Players
• Fixed an issue where Mystic Daily Quests contain Science Champions
v22.1 will be available April 3rd! Here's what to expect in our 2nd month of the Fantastic 4!
THE LIVING DEATH WHO WALKS!
Thing reveals the goals of the Fantastic Four: Building a beacon that could potentially break the Champions out of The Battlerealm! Unfortunately, it was divided into parts amongst the Fantastic Four, and they have all been lost for some time. Using his knowledge of the Negative Zone, Thing begrudgingly takes his allies into the dangerous region, knowing it will be the place to find Johnny Storm, the Human Torch. With Johnny's powers going haywire and alighting the Negative Zone in uncontrolled flame, they must contend with Annihilus--and the strained relationship between Johnny and Ben.
The Human Torch has a new type of ability that he can activate before entering the fight to completely turn the tables on the Opponent.
BOUNTIES IN THE NEGATIVE ZONE
Activate Bounties so that your entire Alliance can travel to the Negative Zone and face off against dangerous challenges to obtain valuable resources!
BACK ISSUES #2 - MYSTERY IN THE MICRO-REALMS
Return to a classic Quest from the early days of The Contest with this second edition of BACK ISSUES! Much like the re-release of ULTRON’S ASSAULT, this Quest will feature both CLASSIC and VARIANT difficulties. Choose Classic to experience the Quest as it was in 2015, and Variant to face off against highly challenging fights demanding specific Champions and strategic counters!
BUG FIXES AND IMPROVEMENTS
- CAPTAIN MARVEL: Fixed an issue where Captain Marvel was able to Armor Break opponent’s without hitting them
- EMMA FROST: Fixed an issue where the “It’s Complicated” Synergy was not causing Prowess Charges to refresh on Critical Hits
- EMMA FROST: Fixed an issue where Signature Ability would not activate after a Special 3 attack
- IRON FIST: Clarified the duration of Armor Breaks from his Signature Ability
- KING GROOT: Fixed a text issue where his passive ability was missing information
- MISTER SINISTER: Fixed an issue where transferring the Incinerate Debuff from Domino’s “Code Red Revelations” would result in the transferred Debuff not doing any damage
- SABRETOOTH: Fixed an issue where Sabretooth’s Ability Accuracy Reduction could bypass Force of Will
- THING: Fixed a text error that stated Thing’s Brave and Boulder Synergy synergy will trigger off his Special 1 attack, instead of his Special 2 as intended
- VISION/VISION (AGE OF ULTRON): Removed redundant text from his Abilities page
- Fixed an issue where Dungeon Friendship rewards were not Resetting
- Mastery Descriptions have been updated to improve clarity
- Improvements to timing consistency of triggering abilities and attacks