Upcoming 5 star featured crystal

15791011

Comments

  • bpunk88bpunk88 Posts: 170 ★★
    Lormif said:

    So you are saying copying and pasting is saving them soooo much time that it is the only reason?

    Maybe they'll finally get around to testing updates before release? XD

  • LrrrrLrrrr Posts: 234 ★★
    edited April 2019
    @Kabam Miike


    I wouldn't call them Garbage Filler Champs, but the rest is correct. There is not change coming to the Crystals. There just won't be an announcement in advance anymore.



    But, how does not announcing the list curtail ‘hoarding’? If I, a mentally unstable hoarder, can look at the current featured and the upcoming I can decide if saving for the next is better or cashing in on the current is better. But, if I can’t sit back and weight my option and the next crystal is too risky, then that forces me to hoard even longer, till the next featured. The basic pool is so diluted with less desirable champs it doesn’t make sense a lot of times to go for them, so I wait for a featured crystal with a better chance of a champ I want. This will ultimately force me, and folks like me, to hold shards even longer.
  • Zuko_ILCZuko_ILC Posts: 1,266 ★★★★
    edited April 2019
    Lrrrr said:

    I wouldn't call them Garbage Filler Champs, but the rest is correct. There is not change coming to the Crystals. There just won't be an announcement in advance anymore.

    But, how does not announcing the list curtail ‘hoarding’? If I, a mentally unstable hoarder, can look at the current featured and the upcoming I can decide if saving for the next is better or cashing in on the current is better. But, if I can’t sit back and weight my option and the next crystal is too risky, then that forces me to hoard even longer, till the next featured. The basic pool is so diluted with less desirable champs it doesn’t make sense a lot of times to go for them, so I wait for a featured crystal with a better chance of a champ I want. This will ultimately force me, and folks like me, to hold shards even longer.


    I actually agree, this will make me hoard even longer waiting for the best champ I can get. But why listen to your customers? :)
  • JRock808JRock808 Posts: 1,149 ★★★★
    edited April 2019
    More and more out of touch, or just more not giving a flip every passing day.

    You should be working on MORE transparency, not less. People need to make more informed decisions, not blindly doing something that will be obsolete in the next content update.

    I mean seriously. Obviously there won't be any transparency about the lack of transparency, but you guys need to rethink this horrible shift. Of course, you are just doing what corporate tells you, but take it back to THAT team... that they are really shooting themselves in the foot..

    Cavalier crystals may inflate your quarter, but won't save this game.
  • BeatleraoBeatlerao Posts: 141
    Announcement: until the new crystal is announced I am hoarding what shards I have. Hey wait! I wouldn’t do that if I knew what other champs besides the featured would be in there. Then I could decide to simply open them now instead of Tuesday. Oh wait I don’t like either so I’ll just hoard till the next crystal in three months.

    If it legitimately is unhealthy for the game then there should be no featured and champions should be released into main pool immediately upon release. The logic here is strange to say the least.
  • World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 2,382 ★★★★★
    If anything the recent announcement will make people hoard crystals even more.

  • BeatleraoBeatlerao Posts: 141
    Bump @MikeHock
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,361 ★★★★★
    MikeHock said:

    If anything the recent announcement will make people hoard crystals even more.

    Why? Not knowing what is in the crystal makes you weigh a risk, get a decent champ now or hold out for a better one. People tend to go with the safer option, therefore people should spend them faster.
  • MattManMattMan Posts: 427 ★★★
    Imagine calling an airline to check on redeeming your miles and they told you that you shouldn’t be saving them because it’s unhealthy to hoard them 😂. Heaven forbid a customer save their loyalty points (not the same but strong correlation to crystal shards) for something they actually want.
  • JRock808JRock808 Posts: 1,149 ★★★★
    edited April 2019
    Next announcement: crystal shards will now expire if not formed into a crystal within 14 days.

    May as well go all the way guys!
  • HeartlessHeartless Posts: 298 ★★

    V1PER1987 said:

    Alright guys, just like the new Dungeons and Featured 6-Star Crystals, we want to move away from announcing them in advance, but I will talk to the team about doing it one last time... I make no promises, but hold on for a bit.

    Why do you want to move away from it? What benefit is there? All it does is interrupt our ability to plan what to do with shards/rank ups. Can you please explain the reasoning behind delaying the announcements?

    All it does is make people hoard crystal shards until the last minute. This has never been the intention with anything in the game, and we have made this known throughout the History of the game many times. This is not a healthy behaviour for the game.
    What is not healthy for the game is making sudden changes like this with no player input.
  • bloodyCainbloodyCain Posts: 910 ★★★
    I know this forum condones negative comment and I hate negative comment as well but I have to say it right now.
    They are really dumb now LOL
    We can no longer plan how to use our 5* shards that can help for progression? What next? We can't even see what champs are in the featured crystal?
    They need to see a doctor for mental counseling.
    By the way, from what I see this particular action will only make more players hoard 5* shards in a hope that there's a champ that can help with their game progression (if the players are patient enough to hoard).
    If there's no good champs, they can just pop open basic 5* crystal after that.
  • chmodchmod Posts: 10
    edited April 2019


    For all we know, maybe people will decide to hoard more and then we'll make the choice to reverse this decision, but we won't know until we try.


    Can you please save everyone some time and plainly tell us how we should be using our shards instead of trying all these different things to passively influence our behavior?
  • LongtimegamerLongtimegamer Posts: 179 ★★★

    What next? We can't even see what champs are in the featured crystal?

    They would love that.

    "Attention Summoners. Going forward you can no longer see who's in what crystal for the health of the game. Players were excessively stressed out when knowing what champs were in crystals and were very disappointed when they didn't pull the one they wanted. To decrease the amount of stress in the game we aren't telling you who's in what crystal anymore."

    3 weeks later....

    "Buy your own Scouter lens crystal badge to see who's in crystals! Only 1000 units. Lasts for the duration of this crystal only. Each crystal is random per person so information can't be shared."
  • Wakandas_FinestWakandas_Finest Posts: 607 ★★★
    How about increasing gold so I can stop being forced to hoard t4cc and t4cc fragment crystals
  • MSpawnMSpawn Posts: 96
    Heartless said:

    V1PER1987 said:

    Alright guys, just like the new Dungeons and Featured 6-Star Crystals, we want to move away from announcing them in advance, but I will talk to the team about doing it one last time... I make no promises, but hold on for a bit.

    Why do you want to move away from it? What benefit is there? All it does is interrupt our ability to plan what to do with shards/rank ups. Can you please explain the reasoning behind delaying the announcements?

    All it does is make people hoard crystal shards until the last minute. This has never been the intention with anything in the game, and we have made this known throughout the History of the game many times. This is not a healthy behaviour for the game.
    What is not healthy for the game is making sudden changes like this with no player input.

    But don’t you see? The subtle and granular changes like these only point to the real “end game” intent... they want to drive as many players away from the game as possible! It’s the only logical explanation! I mean, how else can you justify exploiting competition among the player base to reap as much profit as quickly as possible? Just think about how the system is set up. Really makes no sense to have been playing the game for as long as some people have and invested as much to still not have certain champs to overcome certain content. It all goes back to the big 12.0 nerf. Their reasoning for that was to “ensure that people didn’t feel like or have to use specific champs to be competitive or clear certain content, blah blah blah...”. Funny how that held eh? Just look at the new champions being released, content like Variant, and so on. Basically, it’s about one thing and one thing only. I think we all know what that is. The real reason the big nerf happened and small ignorant changes like not announcing upcoming champs in new crystals to try and curb player strategy, is to give them much more control over financial projections! This is greed at its finest. Not like they are struggling to keep their head above water lmao. Steve Jobs said it best “Milk the cow for all it’s worth and move on to the next big thing.”
  • RaganatorRaganator Posts: 2,129 ★★★★★
    Just another situation where Kabam places Miike in an indefensible position.

    Kabam: "Hey Miike - go justify these changes on the forums. Just say something like 'we've said this is bad for the game for years.'"

    Miike: "Is it Thursday already?"
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 28,382 ★★★★★

    I wonder why @GroundedWisdom is nowhere to be seen.

    You rang?
  • Mystix13Mystix13 Posts: 50
    Raganator said:

    Just another situation where Kabam places Miike in an indefensible position.

    Kabam: "Hey Miike - go justify these changes on the forums. Just say something like 'we've said this is bad for the game for years.'"

    Miike: "Is it Thursday already?"

    Poor @Kabam Miike. He does get the rough job of dealing with us and our frustrations.
  • thetaman23thetaman23 Posts: 43

    I don't understand. I earned shards from investing my time in game. It's my wish when to buy crystals. Hoard or spend is my decision entirely. Now game team wants to control that too? It's like I earn money in life. It's my wish when I buy something. When I buy something then I need to plan it that in which way I'm using my money effectively. It's same here. This is so crazy. Frankly.


    And you're still welcome to spend your Crystal Shards however you would like! We're just not going to be putting out the list of Champions you can get in advance anymore. This is common in many games, but we want to encourage people to take a chance on what is available now, or decide if they want to wait for something else.

    For all we know, maybe people will decide to hoard more and then we'll make the choice to reverse this decision, but we won't know until we try.

    One thing that somebody brought up here that I am going to take back to the game team is that somethings have changed lately, and that's the importance of certain Champions to counter certain challenges or as keys to certain content, like Back Issues #1.
    Then it's decided : everyone hoard their shards.


  • I have only opened 2 Featured 5* crystals ever. With the new restrictions for Act 6, this withholding of the Featured List is, quite frankly, bull $h!t. See y'all in another game...
  • Ayk11Ayk11 Posts: 1
    edited April 2019
    @Kabam Miike

    The only unhealthy thing in the game is that they allow players to buy hundreds of crystals, how could it be "unhealthy" to accumulate crystal shards, but dont find it "unhealthy" to buy five hundred or thousand crystals with units? There is no logic...
  • Mystix13Mystix13 Posts: 50
    Ayk11 said:

    @Kabam Miike

    The only unhealthy thing in the game is that they allow players to buy hundreds of crystals, how could it be "unhealthy" to accumulate crystal shards, but dont find it "unhealthy" to buy five hundred or thousand crystals with units? There is no logic...

    You are confusing the “unhealthy” comment as meaning for the player versus for the game. What’s unhealthy for the player isn’t for Kabam to decide. What is unhealthy for the game however is.

    What he didn’t say was why it’s unhealthy from a game perspective other than it wasn’t intended.
  • RasiloverRasilover Posts: 909 ★★★
    one reason is to not have resources such as catalysts expire

    To be honest, I've never hoarded Shards or Crystals to begin with. I never understood people sitting on massive hoards.

  • GamerGamer Posts: 8,220 ★★★★★

    To be honest, I've never hoarded Shards or Crystals to begin with. I never understood people sitting on massive hoards.

    Cystal sucks. A tier4 cc I’m understand but shard I’m don’t hoead them that much. But I’m hold for blade and I’m get why people do it
This discussion has been closed.