**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

5* feature list is out...TIME TO HOARD EVEN LONGER

Comments

• LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Even so, the more I look at that crystal the worse it gets lol
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★

Gregdagr8 said:

Another slap in the face! Absolutely horrible Crystal. This company disappoints time after time. Every other featured has had much better champions. So disappointed.

This crystal is garbage but can we stop with the "slap in the face" thing? Everything can't be a slap in the face. They can release a garbage crystal if they want to without slapping anyone in the face. Also the first one was just as bad.
    I agree. It's just the nautre of RNG. Some Crystals will seem more appealing than others. There's a range of Champs in it. They won't all be God Tier. There's no getting around RNG. We can try to increase our chances with these Crystals, but ultimately, there's no getting around the RNG. Game is built around it.
  • Gregdagr8Gregdagr8 Posts: 380 ★★★
    Lol, just a figure of speech bro. How's "kick in the pants" or "hit to the ego" or "punch to the baby makers"
  • This is (and I can not stress this enough) the worst waste of an additional 5,000 5* shards I've ever seen.
  • SkkcSkkc Posts: 110
    or 'got dumped on' ? lol
    zeezee57 said:

Gregdagr8 said:

Another slap in the face! Absolutely horrible Crystal. This company disappoints time after time. Every other featured has had much better champions. So disappointed.

This crystal is garbage but can we stop with the "slap in the face" thing? Everything can't be a slap in the face. They can release a garbage crystal if they want to without slapping anyone in the face. Also the first one was just as bad.
    I agree. It's just the nautre of RNG. Some Crystals will seem more appealing than others. There's a range of Champs in it. They won't all be God Tier. There's no getting around RNG. We can try to increase our chances with these Crystals, but ultimately, there's no getting around the RNG. Game is built around it.
    What 😂 😂

Nobody is talking about RNG at all, none of what you said has to do with the garbage pool they just put out 😂
    Why do you think it is people save up for the Featured? To increase their chances of pulling what they want.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian

This is (and I can not stress this enough) the worst waste of an additional 5,000 5* shards I've ever seen.

Someone has said that about every featured crystal.

Looking at the crystal contents, I'd personally break them down like so. The six featureds all seem to be relatively good pulls: Captain Marvel, Diablo, Havok, Mister Sinister, Nick Fury, Thing. Ghost Rider and Medusa are definitely good pulls. Hawkeye, Hood, Green Goblin, Kingpin, Ronan, Ultron, Yondu, and Miles Morales are decent pulls. Mordo is a borderline pull in my opinion. So a little over half are not bad pulls in my opinion, and would at least be above average compared to the full spread of 5* champs in the basic crystal.

I think the first one was worse than this one if I recall correctly.
  • DylanphileDylanphile Posts: 59
    Well, that's one way to stop "unhealthy" hoarding in its tracks.
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

This is (and I can not stress this enough) the worst waste of an additional 5,000 5* shards I've ever seen.

Someone has said that about every featured crystal.

Looking at the crystal contents, I'd personally break them down like so. The six featureds all seem to be relatively good pulls: Captain Marvel, Diablo, Havok, Mister Sinister, Nick Fury, Thing. Ghost Rider and Medusa are definitely good pulls. Hawkeye, Hood, Green Goblin, Kingpin, Ronan, Ultron, Yondu, and Miles Morales are decent pulls. Mordo is a borderline pull in my opinion. So a little over half are not bad pulls in my opinion, and would at least be above average compared to the full spread of 5* champs in the basic crystal.

I think the first one was worse than this one if I recall correctly.
    I haven’t heard anything good about Diablo.
    They said "unhealthy" for the game. they never said "unhealthy" for players coz they don't care. Arena takes the life out of you, crystals promote gambling and some new challenges are super "interactive"& creates more frustration ..
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Gregdagr8 said:

Lol, just a figure of speech bro. How's "kick in the pants" or "hit to the ego" or "punch to the baby makers"

All much better option at this point lmao. So many slaps in the face these days
  • belli300belli300 Posts: 704 ★★★
    V1PER1987 said:

No wonder they wanted to hold onto the list as long as possible. The list is pretty miserable for older champs except GR and Medusa. Just terrible.

Although I would like to thank Miike for at least getting this to us pretty quickly considering.

I literally said verbatim yesterday in a thread they were holding the list because it looked something like the featured 6* list

Like seriously why is cyclops in every **** crystal this **** isn’t even funny anymore
  • KuBcOoLKuBcOoL Posts: 45
    Way to hijack another thread.
    I don't think so buds. I made one or two comments. I'm not responsible for everyone else's choice to start getting personal.
  • Vale84Vale84 Posts: 308 ★★★
    @Kabam Miike

Corvus, Ghost, OMega, Domino, and may others good recent champions are in the basic pool since a (long) while now.

What i'm trying to understand is whay they don't fall in the "basic" pool of 18 champions you add to the featured ones of the 15k crystal. It does seem to me that given those 6 featureds, what you add is 17 parts of trash and 1 decent pull from basics, but never latest ones.

Can you be clearer on Kabam's policy about featureds? Are they randomly choosen, of is there some (bad) thought behind the basic choiche?
    Corvus or Ghost are as basic as rhino and cykes, yet cykes been in there in the last 3 rows and first two can't be seen anywhere.
    Can we have an explanation about it? Why recent champions, and overall good ones, despite being fully fledged BASICS, aren't being added in that pool?

I don't wanna sound flamey, but right now the featured is literally "You gamble for a good featured in 4% chanche ELSE you get trash, and that's your high risk high return choiche.

I still am wondering about why summoners should be penalized or trolled would they use 50% more shards to pop either the featured or complete trash. Middle way goes a long way, but looks like it's all black or white only with you guys.

Defenetly not a smart way to keep customers. Just saying.
    definitely disgusting play by kabam... truly disappointing.
  • UlysseOdysseus75UlysseOdysseus75 Posts: 188
    Still waiting for a Joe Fixit in a featured 🧐
    edited April 2019
    Vale84 said:

Gregdagr8 said:

Are you drunk? RNG has nothing to do with champ selection making out a crystal and its drops pool. That's manually selected.

You want RNG?

6 featureds
    6 High tier basics
    6 medium tier basics
    6 trash tier basics

That's your RNG. a perfectly balanced way of letting fate (rng) pick what you get. A fair chanche on rolling something extremely good or extremely bad but with same odds.

Curren crystal is: 5 featureds, 1 trash tier featured, 1 good basic, 17 trash tier basics.

I would say there is VERY LITTLE rng going on here.

The more i read your answers' the more i get surprised about how you post anywhere pretending to be knowledgeable over the game, while every single statement you write down shows how you incredibly lack knowledge of even basic functions of game, this game, RNG, and common sense.

Looks to me like you just take here and there from other posts and make your own very confused way of trying to show yourself as someone able to have all answers, while behind the scene there's really nothing, aside the smoke.
    First off, I'm not going to reply much when you don't respond with a base level of respect, so don't expect me to address the personal comments.
    Secondly, it's all about RNG. The Crystals are all based on RNG, and prior to the current format of Featured, the old format allowed people to have a very high rate of what they wanted. The highest in the game, actually.
    The current format has 6 newer Champs, and 18 rotated Basics. The entire purpose of it is to narrow the field, for a cost. Whether that's for one specific Champ, or a number.
    The whole basis for this complaint is the upcoming pool doesn't have as many options as people would like. The reason for that is, they base that decision on whether the odds of pulling something they would be happy with are great enough to chance it. The whole point of that is trying to narrow the field of the RNG into odds that are in their favor. Otherwise they would just open the Basic.
    In Layman's Terms, people are trying to find a way to increase their chances within the RNG. That's why we have subsequent requests for a "Player's Choice Crystal", or some other form of selecting the pool.
    The whole issue IS the RNG, and the absolutely narrow field of Champs people don't call garbage. It's not some tangent I'm on. People are looking for the best rates possible to get what they want, thus trying to maximize the RNG, and swing it in their favor.
    So, my previous comment stands. Some Featured Crystals will have more Champs you want than others, but they're not going to contain everything you want. That's because it's all RNG, no matter what you open, and there's always going to be the chance you pull what you don't want. If people want to forego this Crystal, by all means, that's their choice. However, any Crystal you open will rely on RNG, and the Featured is designed to have a range of options, not just the "best" ones. That's why it's random. There's no beating RNG, no matter how we try to better our odds.
  • sbb75sbb75 Posts: 208
    @GroundedWisdom Thank you for explaining RNG!
    RNG - Really NoT Good.

The 18 basic champs are the same as my last 18 5* Basic pulls. They all were Really Not Good.

For 15k it is increasing my odds for a result that’s REALLY NOT GOOD.
    If you're going for a newer Champ, it's 25% chance. As opposed to the Basic which is much lower. That's the price we pay, more Shards. Whether you feel personally that it's worth it for what you want is entirely up to you.
    You mean why can't people pick and choose what's in the Crystal so they can increase the odds of getting "basic-but powerful" Champs?
    I believe I just covered that. They include a balance of them and rotate them. They're not going to make them all God Tier.