**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Corvus Glave & Ebony Maw is a problem

Comments

• Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★

Kobster84 said:

I could (and have) used anyone on my Attack Team to take him down in Master.
    We're talking about Champs that counter others, specifically Corvus and Maw. All this is doing is veering the discussion away from the subject.

Yes but weren’t you saying to try mephisto vs human torch
    Yes. Perhaps I should have said a HT at the Epic level, but I didn't expect people to invest so much energy into arbitrarily trying to contradict me.
    Ye but try a 2:35 corvus vs a heroic ebony maw wont work
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,234 ★★★★★
    You don't have to do anything, but you seem determined on disproving what I said, and you're doing it on lower levels and telling me it's possible.
    Back to the topic, it's one Champ that you can't use Corvus against. One. So, you use other Champs. Not that major, and not that hard to work around. No one said we must be guaranteed to take every Champ down with every other Champ. Not with as many options as there are.
    Kobster84 said:

Kobster84 said:

I could (and have) used anyone on my Attack Team to take him down in Master.
    We're talking about Champs that counter others, specifically Corvus and Maw. All this is doing is veering the discussion away from the subject.

Yes but weren’t you saying to try mephisto vs human torch
    Yes. Perhaps I should have said a HT at the Epic level, but I didn't expect people to invest so much energy into arbitrarily trying to contradict me.
    Ye but try a 2:35 corvus vs a heroic ebony maw wont work
    So use someone else.

You don't have to do anything, but you seem determined on disproving what I said, and you're doing it on lower levels and telling me it's possible.
    Back to the topic, it's one Champ that you can't use Corvus against. One. So, you use other Champs. Not that major, and not that hard to work around. No one said we must be guaranteed to take every Champ down with every other Champ. Not with as many options as there are.

A 5:65 mephisto could take down the epic difficulty human torch could the same be said for a 5:65 corvus for an epic equivalent ebony maw
    The Post showed Heroic. I said Master or Epic because they were higher than the one shown. I also specified that it was an R4 I used on the Epic level, but you conveniently skipped that part to focus on your efforts to argue.
    What difference does it make if it's the first time? All it means is you can't use Corvus on him.

The Post showed Heroic. I said Master or Epic because they were higher than the one shown. I also specified that it was an R4 I used on the Epic level, but you conveniently skipped that part to focus on your efforts to argue.
    What difference does it make if it's the first time? All it means is you can't use Corvus on him.

Above a person one shot master human torch with 2:35 mephisto
    I just explained why I mentioned Master. My trouble wasn't with Master. I threw it in because you were showing Heroic. This is really starting to hock me off now. Enough with the HT Fight.

No, we are done. I fought him with a Mephisto, R4, on Epic. No Synergies. I've had enough of this side-bar.

You can't use Corvus on Maw. Use someone else. That's all I have left to say.

Yes but then it’s a start of just pure direct counters to champions rather then creating ways that make it harder to play against a champ with a certain champs they’ve now made it so you can’t use him at all
    That wasn't a debate at all. You just kept micro-analyzing and twisting what I was saying, just to try and make me look unskilled. The Thread speaks for itself.
    You have a good day.
    Kobster84 said:

No, we are done. I fought him with a Mephisto, R4, on Epic. No Synergies. I've had enough of this side-bar.

You can't use Corvus on Maw. Use someone else. That's all I have left to say.

Yes but then it’s a start of just pure direct counters to champions rather then creating ways that make it harder to play against a champ with a certain champs they’ve now made it so you can’t use him at all
    Okay, so? We have enough options.
    Nice try. When you say things like, "longtime coming", your intentions show. Moving on.
  • Jh_DezJh_Dez Posts: 1,306 ★★★
    mike867 said:

Fjolnir said:

Drooped2 said:

Have you tried Mephisto against HT?

Ht shuts down basically an entire class. Barely a peep

Maw shuts down peoples crutch that guides them thru an easy fight OUTRAGE
    I recall a thread about how HT ruins mystics last month. You can still inflict damage and kill HT with mystics.
    I tookout 35% HP of Epic Torch using 4 mystic champs ranging from R3-R5 so yea he takes damage...Maw doesnt
    4 mystics to take out 35% hp
    That's worse than corvus being countered by just ebony maw.
  • ZuroZuro Posts: 2,715 ★★★★★
    Isn’t there a mastery when the opponent is stunned they have reduced ability Accuracy so I’m pretty sure Corvus has a chance to hit him when he is stunned
  • Fred_JoeityFred_Joeity Posts: 1,168 ★★★
    There’s also CB and the crit me with your best shot node.
  • Fred_JoeityFred_Joeity Posts: 1,168 ★★★
    You can use only the first light attack against Maw with Corvus.

Viable? No
    Impossible? No
    Doable? Yes
    Fun? Probably no, but that’s besides the point
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,043 ★★★★★
    mike867 said:

mike867 said:

mike867 said:

mike867 said:

I'm saying I'm going to reserve my judgment until I see Maw in the Arena and test myself whether or not there's absolutely no way to beat him.
    Further to that, it's not the end of the world. There are over 120+ Champs. Just don't use him. I don't consider it that groundbreaking. It's Contest of Champions, not Contest of Corvus.

Make sure once you get him, you come back to further contribute to this thread.
    Its not Contest of Corvus but it isnt supposed to be a game where 1 champion is fully immune to damage from another champ ONLY.

Ghost, Sym Spidey (SP2) and wasp have guaranteed crits (maybe few more) but they can still damage him. Its just that the interaction is not fair. If I have fun with Corvus, you are stopping me here from having that fun because there is literally nothing I can do to damage him.

I used R5 Morningstar VS Torch and if I get 5 souls, I just Parry/Heavy and rotate SP1 which gives me around 2-3 SP1 before I die....if 2 hits crit out of 9 hits of SP1, its enough to takeout Epic torch. Otherwise I can revive and do again.

I used R5 Ghost vs Master EQ Maw and I can control crits and KO him. I almost died and if I did, I have the option to revive.

But with Corvus, there is no option. That interaction is bad for the game. We all say its only 1 champion but that will happen a lot more in future. And that shouldn't happen
    If there was only one or two options to bring, I might agree that it's bad.
    Since there are a plethora, my feelings won't change regardless of the results.
    So you are completely OK with 1 champion fully countering another champion. Sure but that doesn't mean everyone has to agree with you right? Your argument/debate ends at the fact that there are other champions to bring. You neither agree nor disagree that 1 champ fully countering another is fine or not. That means you do not need to contribute here anymore since you do not care about that.

This thread is for those who think its fair or not for such an interaction to exist.
    This Thread is for discussing that interaction, not just for people who agree that it shouldn't exist.
    Yes, I'm fine with it. Even in the Arena, you have 2 other options to use against him. Same with War.
    Ok good but here we are discussing about Corvus VS Maw specifically and not about arena or about AW or about how good or bad he is VS Maw. All of us agree that Corvus is not good for Maw or Mystic suck VS Torch but thats not what we are talking about.

The light attack thing to damage Maw is ridiculous. There could have been a way to fix this if Kabam gave Corvus the ability to start a fight with his glaive immunity/ability up or not. That would let people go in without glaive ability and at least do regular hits so they can take him down
    But nobody, under any circumstances, would ever do that. They would just use someone else, so what’s the difference?
    Its about balancing the game in a fair way. We all know Ghost isnt that good for Thing or Fury but people can still 'skill' their way through it. Despite using items and boosts, they can manage to beat Thing or Fury.

Doable? Yes
    Viable? No
    Would you try in AW? Maybe, maybe not

But at least there is an option and a proper 'balance'

You can now take a 3* Maw and go against 6* R2 Corvus on node 27 and wont need to worry about anything except timing out or losing 3 attack bonuses. You wont even need to item that much. Is that balance? I dont think so.
    you'll die on his light hit that doesn't crit
  • ZuroZuro Posts: 2,715 ★★★★★
    zeezee57 said:

Reading through some of this thread is hilarious how hard people try to avoid the actual point of the post. Responses like "so sad you can't use your Corvus crutch for every fight, try using someone else" or "there's lots of champs made as hard counters, you can't use the same champ for every single thing" doesn't at all respond to the point. I'm fairly certain like myself the OP and those agreeing with him don't intend to use Corvus against Maw or really any mystic matchup for that matter. It's just poor strategy and generally avoided. The point is there shouldn't be a champ who 100% evades a certain champs every attack, and that's a point I agree with.

I have a 4/55 Corvus who I've passed over for R5 twice now opting for Cap and SL instead. I use Corvus for some content and leave him behind for others. He rode the bench for all my runs through the Maw quest this month and obviously won't be coming along to fight Thanos since he's not a strong matchup there. He's a really great champ with a lot of good matchups, and a handful of poor ones. He's not a top tier champ without some missions completed, but even then he can still do some damage. He'll have a hell of a time taking down Sinister, but he can still do some work. It's just poor design to have a champ evade 100% of his incoming attacks, I really don't see why this is even so heavily debated. Even if he evaded 20% and maintained his other abilities and class advantage it would be a poor decision to use Corvus against him, the point is there's no need to make a champ 100% useless against another. A strong counter is fine without borderline invincibility.

Since you have Corvus I was wondering if that one mastery that reduces ability Accuracy when opponent is stunned works on EM and does it let Corvus hit him
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★

4* r4 Proxima Midnight solos UC Ebony Maw without boosts. Definitely OP.
  • shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Posts: 3,243 ★★★★★

So this is now the “salty I don’t have Corvus or Ghost” thread?

Why we can beat maw unlike people like you needing your crutch
This discussion has been closed.