**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Corvus Glave & Ebony Maw is a problem

WardenZeroWardenZero Posts: 722 ★★★
I don’t believe any one champ should be made as a complete counter to any other champ. Now, I admit I have a CG so there’s a little bit of bias, but no champ, no matter how powerful, should be completely immune to another. It would be a lot better if EM simply, for instance, changed crits to normal hits. Or he could have a miss percentage for guaranteed crits instead of 100% miss. Either option would still leave him fairly powerful, while not affecting the balance of the game. The first option might even make him more powerful. But as it is, he ignores CG entirely and I feel this affects his balance and neutralizes Corvus to far too great an extent in game.

Comments

• Solrac_2Solrac_2 Posts: 497 ★★
    Warden, agree with you 100%. It's one thing to bring proper balance (and your suggestions have much merit) and another to completely neuter a champ.
  • WardenZeroWardenZero Posts: 722 ★★★
    Well, Corvus, and this is coming from someone who uses him as a primary attacker on my team, is a very strong champ. But in no way does he dominate the game. There are quite a few ways to defeat him without using a champ that he just can’t hit.
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    edited April 2019
    Alright so let me get this strait. Some of you are saying ONE champ is making two champs bad against him? And it’s making those two worthless?

It’s kabam trying to get people to take people besides CG and Ghost to AW.

Better remove Agent Venom from the game since Void is basically unplayable against him 0.o
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    Solrac_2 said:

Again, no one is against PROPER checks and balances. Having counters to Corvus is fine but no one should 100% negate another champ. That isn't balance at all.

You pretty much have no choice when people bring the same Attack Champs. Tell me, what's a proper balance if you can't inhibit them? It's exactly as I said. You can't rely on the same Champ indefinitely in this game. Eventually, something will be introduced that inhibits them. This is not a game that centers around some Champs being on top forever.
  • WardenZeroWardenZero Posts: 722 ★★★

Better remove Agent Venom from the game since Void is basically unplayable against him 0.o

It’s true that Agent Venom counters Void. However, not only does AV counter many many other champs, but at least it’s possible to beat AV with Void. Maw, on the other hand, is a champ designed solely to make two popular champs obsolete against him.
  • DshuDshu Posts: 1,503 ★★★★
    I don't know that I've ever done this on a forum but I actually agree with @GroundedWisdom here. There are plenty of options to beat Maw but no real defense to corvus or ghost. Adding champs with the ability to counter them 100% is the only way to encourage players to use more deverse options on their attack teams. Looking forward to see maw and some sinister defenders in aw to its not just the rank 2 5* corvus on every attack team or the ghost trinity. Aw has become very stale when you see the exact same attack teams over and over again. Its reminiscent of the strange sw PB teams from the release of aw
  • DjinDjin Posts: 1,962 ★★★★★
    What is the need of having other champs in the game if only one champ can counter almost all the content?
    Actually kabam is trying to balancing the game by adding counters to all 2018 god tiers like Corvus and Ghost
    So far they have added Sinister(regen on critical hits) , Nick Fury(For ghost) , Ronin(For ghost) and EM(miss critical hits).
  • Lovejoy72Lovejoy72 Posts: 1,858 ★★★★
    It is nonsense. There are nodes that eat all of Corvus’s charges, champs that regen on crits, and the fact that Corvus needs Suicides, ramp up wins, and boosts to really work. Otherwise he can’t really handle end game material. I can beat domino with blade in certain situations. I can beat almost anyone with anyone. I can’t kill a 2* EM with a 6*r2 Corvus. Potentially making Corvus a complete liability in war when you don’t know who you facing.
  • CliffordcanCliffordcan Posts: 1,341 ★★★★
    Drooped2 said:

This actually balances the game more then unbalanced it

Corvus was and frankly still is unbalanced so is ghost
    Domino is pretty unbalanced as well(I have them all)

Something needed to be done to reign them in.

Impossible matchups are not the answer to this
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★

The entire game is built on checks and balances. There are some Champs that others are less effective against, and yes. Corvus dominates pretty much everything. Not every part of the game, but there's a reason there are scores of him Ranked. He's a counter to him, and that IS proper balance.

How about you get some 6*s before jumping in every thread? Your time is better spent getting some champs
    How about sticking to the Topic before jumping in with a personal remark that doesn't have anything to do with Corvus or Maw?

Solrac_2 said:

Again, no one is against PROPER checks and balances. Having counters to Corvus is fine but no one should 100% negate another champ. That isn't balance at all.

You pretty much have no choice when people bring the same Attack Champs. Tell me, what's a proper balance if you can't inhibit them? It's exactly as I said. You can't rely on the same Champ indefinitely in this game. Eventually, something will be introduced that inhibits them. This is not a game that centers around some Champs being on top forever.

Inhibits is totally fine, that’s not the problem here. Impossible is BS and I don’t like seeing the game go this direction, will just lead further to P2W. Any 2 champs at the same PI should have a chance to win, this is not the case with these two champions
    DjinAF said:

What is the need of having other champs in the game if only one champ can counter almost all the content?
    Actually kabam is trying to balancing the game by adding counters to all 2018 god tiers like Corvus and Ghost
    So far they have added Sinister(regen on critical hits) , Nick Fury(For ghost) , Ronin(For ghost) and EM(miss critical hits).

A counter is fine, an auto-loss is not
This discussion has been closed.