**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Corvus Glave & Ebony Maw is a problem

Comments

• Options
    CliffordcanCliffordcan Posts: 1,341 ★★★★

mike867 said:

mike867 said:

@mike867 I think we got them man, thanks for the proof, i was too lazy to provide it.

I’m still in stitches about the SW commen💀💀💀

You're not even paying attention. I talked to the OP about using Mephisto against HT, not SW. Are you even interested in having this conversation, or are you just trying to stir things up? If you are, follow along.
    Mephisto would make it easier to be honest and thats because of his power gain. SP3 of Mephisto even at R2 vs Torch of Heroic will do easy but ok, next time I run that I will post images. Maybe you don't have the skill to do it and thats absolutely fine.

With Ghost I can do a lot and I kinda did manage to takeout that Maw from Master EQ and if I play super safe and just build power from his misses, I can just rotate SP3. Doable but not viable and not really that hard either.
    HAHAHA. I don't have the skill? I literally did every level of Difficulty all month, hundreds of times in the case of Bounties, 3 a day. Sometimes having to restart because of lag issues.
    I have the skill. Mephisto feeds his Charges with every hit because of his Incinerate. You can get some Damage in, not much. He heats up before you know it, and melts you through your Regen. Try it yourself. Only, do it on Master and Epic like I did.
    I got R2 mephisto with PI similar to Heroic one so I would compare it to that. In Epic its impossible without reviving a few times.

In Master it is doable with 4-5 revives as I hinted above. I used 4 mystic champs to take him down. With Heimdall synergy you get another shot to use SP3 so its doable again.

Good for you if you did all difficulties in bounty. I did Epic Torch with 3* Ghost (got video to prove) and that took me about 50 tries. Maybe try using Heimdal, Morningstar, Diablo (with liquid courage), Dormamu synergy and see if it helps. You would start 2 bars of power and nearly get 3 bars before losing ur charges. Boost up 30% and u will easily solo that Master mode Torch.

Viable? No
    Impossible? No
    Doable? Yes
    Fun? Yes (for me)
    I'm not trying to call you out or say you can't do it. Just the opposite. I'm trying to tell you my skill is not the issue. I gave an example of a Champ that makes it extremely difficult for another particular Champ to take down. Mephisto just feeds HT because of his mechanics. It's an uphill paddle. Before you know it, HT overheats, and you're stacking Incinerate like mad. It's a unique Fight that makes it extremely difficult. So I learned not to use Mephisto for that Fight.
    The same can be said for other situations in the game. There has never been a guarantee that you can take any Champ into some Fights. There are better options, and some do very little. There are many other options, though. In this case, it's one or two Champs that can't be used, and there are other choices. Not a travesty.
    Question 1: it took you 200 tries to learn not to use mephisto? Question 2: does “extremely difficult” = impossible? Question 3: does “better options” = not impossible?
  • Options
    Drooped2 said:

Wanna know how I know you Guys are trolls? You don’t know if I have a Corvus or not. You won’t ask. You just make assumptions to further your own arguments. I’m asking questions to see how I can make sense in my points, you are making assumptions to further your own arguments

Like when you assumed I was tier 10 without ever asking what I did in war?
    That kind of assumption?
    More deflecting? Really? 💀💀💀
  • Options
    For my final anti-troll magic trick: post your IGN if you are not a troll. Mine is the same as my forum name, I have nothing to hide. Still won’t ask if I have a Corvus or not😂😂😂
  • Options

mike867 said:

mike867 said:

@mike867 I think we got them man, thanks for the proof, i was too lazy to provide it.

You're not even paying attention. I talked to the OP about using Mephisto against HT, not SW. Are you even interested in having this conversation, or are you just trying to stir things up? If you are, follow along.
    Mephisto would make it easier to be honest and thats because of his power gain. SP3 of Mephisto even at R2 vs Torch of Heroic will do easy but ok, next time I run that I will post images. Maybe you don't have the skill to do it and thats absolutely fine.

With Ghost I can do a lot and I kinda did manage to takeout that Maw from Master EQ and if I play super safe and just build power from his misses, I can just rotate SP3. Doable but not viable and not really that hard either.
    HAHAHA. I don't have the skill? I literally did every level of Difficulty all month, hundreds of times in the case of Bounties, 3 a day. Sometimes having to restart because of lag issues.
    I have the skill. Mephisto feeds his Charges with every hit because of his Incinerate. You can get some Damage in, not much. He heats up before you know it, and melts you through your Regen. Try it yourself. Only, do it on Master and Epic like I did.
    I got R2 mephisto with PI similar to Heroic one so I would compare it to that. In Epic its impossible without reviving a few times.

In Master it is doable with 4-5 revives as I hinted above. I used 4 mystic champs to take him down. With Heimdall synergy you get another shot to use SP3 so its doable again.

Good for you if you did all difficulties in bounty. I did Epic Torch with 3* Ghost (got video to prove) and that took me about 50 tries. Maybe try using Heimdal, Morningstar, Diablo (with liquid courage), Dormamu synergy and see if it helps. You would start 2 bars of power and nearly get 3 bars before losing ur charges. Boost up 30% and u will easily solo that Master mode Torch.

Viable? No
    Impossible? No
    Doable? Yes
    Fun? Yes (for me)
    I'm not trying to call you out or say you can't do it. Just the opposite. I'm trying to tell you my skill is not the issue. I gave an example of a Champ that makes it extremely difficult for another particular Champ to take down. Mephisto just feeds HT because of his mechanics. It's an uphill paddle. Before you know it, HT overheats, and you're stacking Incinerate like mad. It's a unique Fight that makes it extremely difficult. So I learned not to use Mephisto for that Fight.
    The same can be said for other situations in the game. There has never been a guarantee that you can take any Champ into some Fights. There are better options, and some do very little. There are many other options, though. In this case, it's one or two Champs that can't be used, and there are other choices. Not a travesty.
    Question 1: it took you 200 tries to learn not to use mephisto? Question 2: does “extremely difficult” = impossible? Question 3: does “better options” = not impossible?
    That's not what I said. You're still not paying attention. I'm not debating it with you anymore. All you're resorting to is calling people out, and that's not a healthy way to have a debate.
    These are my questions from direct quotes...now I’m calling you out by asking direct questions💀 what planet are you on?
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,263 ★★★★★
    mike867 said:

mike867 said:

mike867 said:

Viable? No
    Impossible? No
    Doable? Yes
    Fun? Yes (for me)
    Im implying the same. Mephisto can still do it with his full synergies, about 10 revives, boosts and what not at R4 VS Master Torch.

But Corvus cant even damage him. Thats a unique interaction (that was intended for 2-3 champs only) with Corvus that we have NEVER seen before where one champion stops another champion from dealing any damage.

Medusa shuts down robots but they can still damage her and kill her. HT shuts down mystic class but they can still damage him and kill him. Sym Sup eats buff heavy cosmic champs but they can still damage and kill him. Ghost bypasses Emma's diamond form but she can still damage and kill Ghost.
    To be honest, the Jury is still out on that one for me. His Spotlight hasn't been released yet, and we haven't seen him in action other than Noded up in EQ. I'm not entirely convinced a Champ would be introduced that couldn't be beaten in normal settings like the Arena. There must be some way to inflict SOME Damage.
  • Options

mike867 said:

mike867 said:

mike867 said:

Viable? No
    Impossible? No
    Doable? Yes
    Fun? Yes (for me)
    Im implying the same. Mephisto can still do it with his full synergies, about 10 revives, boosts and what not at R4 VS Master Torch.

But Corvus cant even damage him. Thats a unique interaction (that was intended for 2-3 champs only) with Corvus that we have NEVER seen before where one champion stops another champion from dealing any damage.

Medusa shuts down robots but they can still damage her and kill her. HT shuts down mystic class but they can still damage him and kill him. Sym Sup eats buff heavy cosmic champs but they can still damage and kill him. Ghost bypasses Emma's diamond form but she can still damage and kill Ghost.
    To be honest, the Jury is still out on that one for me. His Spotlight hasn't been released yet, and we haven't seen him in action other than Noded up in EQ. I'm not entirely convinced a Champ would be introduced that couldn't be beaten in normal settings like the Arena. There must be some way to inflict SOME Damage.
    So you aren’t familiar with Corvus’ abilities or you aren’t familiar with EM’s abilities. You could have came clean on this an hour ago and saved me a lot of time. Find another thread to troll.
  • Options
    Wait, let me guess... I don’t understand your side of the argument💀 the side that you don’t understand yourself😬
  • Options
    The other troll must have went to sleep or something. I will give you props @GroundedWisdom for admitting you don’t know what you are talking about. That takes a lot of guts. But in the future you shouldn’t post strong opinions about things you don’t know. I honestly think that’s why you get such a bad rap. You post such strong opinions about things you don’t know **** about💀💀💀
  • Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Drooped2 said:

I’m not going to disagree with you @GroundedWisdom, I’m just going to point out that you still WONT answer questions. Progress in this game is very important, players have different bottlenecks, different experiences, different hurdles they are directly facing. I’m saying this hurdle (to be absolutely specific: auto-loss matchups of champs at comparable PI) are bad for all players and only good for Kabam. If this becomes popular it will ruin all forms of AW, low tier (like you and @Drooped2 ) and high tier.

You could just not use corvus for the fight.. gasp shock the horror.
    Using other champions that might require skill.

Screw that am I right?
    I keep coming the the same conclusion I did before. You're not wrong. Just don't use Corvus for the fight. Not the end of the world. But doesn't it seem cheap to make a champ that another champ can't damage? Lots of good champs are terrible for some fights but I can still use them if I play well or am willing to revive. Can't damage seems over the top to me. For the record I don't have Corvus or Ghost. Just duped my 5* Groot and pulled a 6* Yondu. That's been my luck for 4 months straight lol.
  • Options
    mike867 said:

And you can take a 3* Maw when he is released, grind him in arena and take him to UC EQ Corvus boss fight.

Turn on auto-fight and u will win no matter what. Especially if ur maw is duped

Exactly! This interaction is a problem. But in all honesty it’s the only way they can beat that fight, so they will still argue against you
  • Options

Drooped2 said:

I’m not going to disagree with you @GroundedWisdom, I’m just going to point out that you still WONT answer questions. Progress in this game is very important, players have different bottlenecks, different experiences, different hurdles they are directly facing. I’m saying this hurdle (to be absolutely specific: auto-loss matchups of champs at comparable PI) are bad for all players and only good for Kabam. If this becomes popular it will ruin all forms of AW, low tier (like you and @Drooped2 ) and high tier.

You could just not use corvus for the fight.. gasp shock the horror.
    Using other champions that might require skill.

Screw that am I right?
    I keep coming the the same conclusion I did before. You're not wrong. Just don't use Corvus for the fight. Not the end of the world. But doesn't it seem cheap to make a champ that another champ can't damage? Lots of good champs are terrible for some fights but I can still use them if I play well or am willing to revive. Can't damage seems over the top to me. For the record I don't have Corvus or Ghost. Just duped my 5* Groot and pulled a 6* Yondu. That's been my luck for 4 months straight lol.
    👆👆👆thank you! it’s not about bringing a better champ. It’s about the fact we have the first auto-loss interaction EVER in a game going on 4 years. Who cares if it’s against “tHE bESt cHaMp iN tHe GaME” or against Iron Patriot? It’s still a BS mechanic
  • Options
    Your welcome everyone for putting the trolls to bed💪 If I wake up in Forum Jail, just know it was worth it🤠
  • Options
    I'm saying I'm going to reserve my judgment until I see Maw in the Arena and test myself whether or not there's absolutely no way to beat him.
    Further to that, it's not the end of the world. There are over 120+ Champs. Just don't use him. I don't consider it that groundbreaking. It's Contest of Champions, not Contest of Corvus.
  • Options

I'm saying I'm going to reserve my judgment until I see Maw in the Arena and test myself whether or not there's absolutely no way to beat him.
    Further to that, it's not the end of the world. There are over 120+ Champs. Just don't use him. I don't consider it that groundbreaking. It's Contest of Champions, not Contest of Corvus.

Still won’t post his IGN. Still won’t ask if I have a Corvus. Still won’t test Corvus on EM. Still won’t read and understand Corvus’ and EM’s abilities and come to a conclusion. Still assumes an auto-loss scenario is fine. Is going to wait until he gets a Corvus and sees EM in arena before coming to a conclusion💀 it only took 200 loses for him to learn that Mephisto is not good against Human Torch.
  • Options
    mike867 said:

Make sure once you get him, you come back to further contribute to this thread.
    Its not Contest of Corvus but it isnt supposed to be a game where 1 champion is fully immune to damage from another champ ONLY.

Ghost, Sym Spidey (SP2) and wasp have guaranteed crits (maybe few more) but they can still damage him. Its just that the interaction is not fair. If I have fun with Corvus, you are stopping me here from having that fun because there is literally nothing I can do to damage him.

I used R5 Morningstar VS Torch and if I get 5 souls, I just Parry/Heavy and rotate SP1 which gives me around 2-3 SP1 before I die....if 2 hits crit out of 9 hits of SP1, its enough to takeout Epic torch. Otherwise I can revive and do again.

I used R5 Ghost vs Master EQ Maw and I can control crits and KO him. I almost died and if I did, I have the option to revive.

But with Corvus, there is no option. That interaction is bad for the game. We all say its only 1 champion but that will happen a lot more in future. And that shouldn't happen
    If there was only one or two options to bring, I might agree that it's bad.
    Since there are a plethora, my feelings won't change regardless of the results.
  • Options
    ZuroZuro Posts: 2,744 ★★★★★
    IMO it is fair Corvus has been able to go through most battles in this game and he finally hits a road block I’m not saying that I’m excited that EM counters him it’s just fair and idk why people are using cosmic champs against EM anyways but that is just MY opinion
  • Options
    mike867 said:

mike867 said:

Make sure once you get him, you come back to further contribute to this thread.
    Its not Contest of Corvus but it isnt supposed to be a game where 1 champion is fully immune to damage from another champ ONLY.

Ghost, Sym Spidey (SP2) and wasp have guaranteed crits (maybe few more) but they can still damage him. Its just that the interaction is not fair. If I have fun with Corvus, you are stopping me here from having that fun because there is literally nothing I can do to damage him.

I used R5 Morningstar VS Torch and if I get 5 souls, I just Parry/Heavy and rotate SP1 which gives me around 2-3 SP1 before I die....if 2 hits crit out of 9 hits of SP1, its enough to takeout Epic torch. Otherwise I can revive and do again.

I used R5 Ghost vs Master EQ Maw and I can control crits and KO him. I almost died and if I did, I have the option to revive.

But with Corvus, there is no option. That interaction is bad for the game. We all say its only 1 champion but that will happen a lot more in future. And that shouldn't happen
    If there was only one or two options to bring, I might agree that it's bad.
    Since there are a plethora, my feelings won't change regardless of the results.
    So you are completely OK with 1 champion fully countering another champion. Sure but that doesn't mean everyone has to agree with you right? Your argument/debate ends at the fact that there are other champions to bring. You neither agree nor disagree that 1 champ fully countering another is fine or not. That means you do not need to contribute here anymore since you do not care about that.

This thread is for those who think its fair or not for such an interaction to exist.
    This Thread is for discussing that interaction, not just for people who agree that it shouldn't exist.
    Yes, I'm fine with it. Even in the Arena, you have 2 other options to use against him. Same with War.
This discussion has been closed.